PDA

View Full Version : Giving Crusaders Different Disciplines

evil-frosty
2009-08-27, 10:58 PM
Would it be unbalanced to give a crusader access to Iron Heart, Diamond Mind and Devoted Spirit? Mostly for fluff reasons. Or would this make him more powerful compared to other martial adept classes? Also what if each martial adept class got to pick the disciplines open to them? Ya i was just thinking about this and my experience with ToB is very limited so i turn here.

Elfin
2009-08-27, 11:00 PM
It would be pretty unbalancing, yes-those are the three best disciplines-and anyway, Crusaders really already have what they need. Plus, IH is Warblade-only, and it's nice to give every martial adept their own, exclusive discipline.

Frosty
2009-08-27, 11:03 PM
If you wish to give them IH, then take away Devoted Spirit. Don't give both.

Wait, why am I answering a question of EVIL-me? :smalltongue:

Elfin
2009-08-27, 11:07 PM
The thing is, once they have IH instead of DS, Crusaders are just limited Warblades, discipline-wise.
Of course, that might be perfect for your campaign...who am I to judge?

Dracomorph
2009-08-27, 11:10 PM
If you wish to give them IH, then take away Devoted Spirit. Don't give both.

I agree with this.

Wait, why am I answering a question of EVIL-me? :smalltongue:

Oh lord there's a rip in the universe and I'm being sucked in! AAAAaaaaaa......! Goatees everywhere!

elliott20
2009-08-27, 11:21 PM
I say just multi-class into warblade if you REALLY want to do this. Honestly, the multiclassing with martial adepts are flexible enough that you can still get some good maneuvers out of it.

Fishy
2009-08-27, 11:24 PM
Ruby Knight Vindicator is a PrC that gives Crusaders access to Shadow Hand disciplines, among other things. In the adaptation section, it mentions how you could swap it over to a Tiger Fang PrC (replacing Hide with Jump). You could do the same sort of thing with Iron Heart and Diamond Mind, probably, without destroying the universe.