View Full Version : druid help 3.5

Prax4788
2009-08-28, 01:55 AM
Im playing a druid in 3.5
and i need some prestige class advice

im useing the aspect of nature druid so i dont have full wild shape

im fond of my spell casting but dont mind loseing a little big of it

im a halfling druid level 5 right now

basicaly my back story has to do with a demond so i was looking in to the acolyte of the skin but this might not be a good idea

what do u think?

Whammydill
2009-08-28, 07:05 AM
Personally, I'd just go full druid.

Keewatin
2009-08-28, 07:09 AM
Where do you envision your character going that needs a prestige class to get there? You can have a demon in your backstory without needing some rules mechanic to back it up.

Now as far as a Halfling casting druid goes the Stormlord is a fun caster prestige class if you like thunder and lightning and throwing things :smallbiggrin:

Eloel
2009-08-28, 07:13 AM
Go Planar Shepherd and choose Abyss as your plane.

On a second thought, don't. Really, don't. You wouldn't want to be hit with dice or books, they tend to hurt.

Prax4788
2009-08-28, 03:26 PM
how do things like the planar shepard work with the wild shape varent

Frosty
2009-08-28, 05:31 PM
Not sure. But it allows you to shape into outsiders and such if you choose the right plane.

Salt_Crow
2009-08-28, 05:50 PM
He's not using WS in the first place so PS is right out. You could take levels in Contemplative if you want I suppose. But it'd be better to go full druid to utilise your full potential.

Elfin
2009-08-28, 06:02 PM
If you really, really need a PrC, go Planar Shepherd.
Note that I am not responsible for any injuries that may result from this advice.
Really, though...full Druid is powerful enough.

Thrawn183
2009-08-28, 06:11 PM
Clearly, all you need is a dinosaur to ride. (This is a serious post, btw)

Prax4788
2009-08-29, 12:53 AM
If you really, really need a PrC, go Planar Shepherd.
Note that I am not responsible for any injuries that may result from this advice.
Really, though...full Druid is powerful enough.

does that work with the wild shape varent and what book is that in

Kizara
2009-08-29, 01:03 AM
Clearly, all you need is a dinosaur to ride. (This is a serious post, btw)

OP, do you have an MM3? Just asking...

Signmaker
2009-08-29, 01:07 AM
Aside note for your consideration: Dragon Magic has a variant on the "Aspect" theme, interestingly enough. Instead of Aspect of Nature, it's Aspect of the Dragon. Functions nearly the same way, except that they're swift actions and last an hour.

Also, I'm going to second the dinosaur animal companion suggestion, especially if you're riding on it. It'll cover your movement issues and such that stem from a lack of animal shapes. As for spells, pick general AoE trinkets like Sleet Storm and be a controller-type with occasional monster spam.

Prax4788
2009-08-29, 01:14 AM
OP, do you have an MM3? Just asking...

yes i do but i havnt looked throught it

Kizara
2009-08-29, 01:39 AM
yes i do but i havnt looked throught it

Find the entry for the Fleshraker dinosaur...

Realize you could ride this dino easily. Also, its like the most disgustingly cool and overpowered animal companion, ever.

Note that this suggestion is far less insane then the Planar Sheppard one.

Signmaker
2009-08-29, 01:45 AM

Realize you could ride this dino easily. Also, its like the most disgustingly cool and overpowered animal companion, ever.

I'm convinced that a fleshraker druid is RaptorJesus, myself.

Prax4788
2009-08-29, 01:59 AM

dino is out my dm wont let me get anyting as a animal compaion that i dont find myself

Leon
2009-08-29, 02:51 AM
dino is out my dm wont let me get anyting as a animal compaion that i dont find myself

Which is a fair call

Prax4788
2009-08-29, 03:16 AM
i agree with my dm
but i the only reason i wanted acolyte of the skin
was for story reasons

can anyone tell me of a side note on how to do this without a class level

a magic item or exesting feat ot have a demon on my body

PinkysBrain
2009-08-29, 03:23 AM
The bind vestige feat from Tome of Magic? Not exactly a demon, but close.

Prax4788
2009-08-29, 03:25 AM
The bind vestige feat from Tome of Magic? Not exactly a demon, but close.

no but it may be what im looking for what does it do

PinkysBrain
2009-08-29, 03:38 AM
http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/ex/20060303a&page=2

The feat allows you to make a pact with a lower level vestige and get one of the associated abilities.

Prax4788
2009-08-29, 03:50 AM
http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/ex/20060303a&page=2

The feat allows you to make a pact with a lower level vestige and get one of the associated abilities.

thanks but not what i was looking for

something more like is there a devine transformation like the lich

Forbiddenwar
2009-08-29, 11:49 AM
having trouble understanding your message. Are you asking "Is there a divine transformation for Liches?" If so, the answer is Yes. It is described in better detail in "Libris Mortis" but the short hand is: Yes Liches can be divine or arcane. Good or evil or neutral. But it takes LA+2.

There are also the tombtainted soul feats(same book) which allow you to replicate any undead property without class levels. Just buy them as regular feats

Laudandus
2009-08-29, 11:55 AM
If you have the Complete Mage, there are some feats in there that give you demonic abilities - Fiendish Heritage, etc. It's kind of like having a demon in your body.

Tyndmyr
2009-08-29, 12:01 PM
IIRC, master of many things is a quite powerful prestige class for a druid. Probably not the *most* powerful out there, but you certainly wouldn't be the weak link in your party.

Sstoopidtallkid
2009-08-29, 12:10 PM
IIRC, master of many things is a quite powerful prestige class for a druid. Probably not the *most* powerful out there, but you certainly wouldn't be the weak link in your party.Except that, yet again, the OP DOES NOT HAVE WILDSHAPE!

Tyndmyr
2009-08-29, 12:19 PM
Aspect of nature druids still have wild shape, it just works differently, right?

They take on the aspect instead of the usual creature shift. Now, I don't have my book in front of me at the moment, but I believe Master Of Many Forms merely specifies wild shape, not a specific variant of wild shape.

Trodon
2009-08-29, 12:29 PM
Aspect of nature druids still have wild shape, it just works differently, right?

They take on the aspect instead of the usual creature shift. Now, I don't have my book in front of me at the moment, but I believe Master Of Many Forms merely specifies wild shape, not a specific variant of wild shape.

Yes the requirements are:
Feats: Alertness, Endurance.
Special: Wild shape class feature.

Prax4788
2009-08-29, 05:15 PM
having trouble understanding your message. Are you asking "Is there a divine transformation for Liches?" If so, the answer is Yes. It is described in better detail in "Libris Mortis" but the short hand is: Yes Liches can be divine or arcane. Good or evil or neutral. But it takes LA+2.

There are also the tombtainted soul feats(same book) which allow you to replicate any undead property without class levels. Just buy them as regular feats

in a nut shell thats what i wanted thanks but still wondering about prestige class i like the idea of a druid with domains

Tehnar
2009-08-29, 05:22 PM
If you are going to be fighting a lot of abberations, there is a cool prestige class in Lords of Madness called Abolisher. Not as good as full druid, but has some nice features against abominations.

Prax4788
2009-08-31, 12:47 AM
Ok so i worked out most of the stuff i wanted with my dm the only thing i need to know is

is there a feat to add domains to my druid
what feats are good for physical transformation
and or animal compaion changes

vasharanpaladin
2009-08-31, 01:47 AM
Abyssal heritor feats, from Fiendish Codex I. Make sure you take Ordered Chaos, if you're not already chaotic, and if you are, take Cloak of the Obyrith. :smallbiggrin:

Prax4788
2009-08-31, 02:14 AM
Fiendish Codex I what is that

? and how to i handle wild shape in pristige classes
whean i have the varent

just keep going or what

PinkysBrain
2009-08-31, 02:24 AM
what feats are good for physical transformation
What do you mean? Do you mean feats good for fighting with natural weapons after you transformed? Transform in what kind of shapes exactly? What books can you use?

What prestige class specifically? Not all wild shape granting/progressing prestige classes work the same.

PS. try to use some more punctuation, capitalization and paragraphs. Also you might want to start using a spell checker in your browser (seriously, it's good practice).

Prax4788
2009-08-31, 02:39 AM
What do you mean? Do you mean feats good for fighting with natural weapons after you transformed? Transform in what kind of shapes exactly? What books can you use?

What prestige class specifically? Not all wild shape granting/progressing prestige classes work the same.

PS. try to use some more punctuation, capitalization and paragraphs. Also you might want to start using a spell checker in your browser (seriously, it's good practice).

Sorry for the errors I wil try to be more vigilant

ok as far as prestige i mean like if i go planar druid how would that wild shape affect my aspect of nature ?

and as far as transformation im mean stuff that would affect my perment look (with stats) like the granding a tail or horns or something

and im pritty open to any and all D&D books 3.5

PinkysBrain
2009-08-31, 02:56 AM
Fiend Folio has Fiendish grafts, can give you the tail/legs/wings/whatever from a fiend.

You can't become a planar shepherd without having wild shape already ... so talk to your DM. I'd say the prestige class simply advanced your Aspect Of Nature class ability instead of advancing wild shape.

Prax4788
2009-09-01, 08:37 PM
Ok do i have solved most if not al of my problems now i just need to know this imfo

1 what book is Planar Sheppard in
2 what the easter way for a druid to get domains
3 what things can u do (feats) to boost my animal compaion