PDA

View Full Version : God of Rape

Adamaro
2009-08-28, 03:46 AM
No, this is not a joke. If there is god of murder in D&D, there can also be a god of rape (a lesser diety) which i intend to use in my 3.5 campaign. What I would like to know is, how would you stat this guy? I found pretty nice stats for a god of such lvl (Cas), with a minor drawback - his primary weapon is a +3 minor artifact mace (not bad for a god of spite, smashing and slashing, but not what I'm looking for) and if nothing else, I would like some suggestion, what kind of equivalent weapon/ability would God of Rape have?

Also this rape does not apply only to some nonconsensual nice ogre+elf action, but is also a form of taint - forests destroyed by industry, lands plagued by fallout, etc ...

So, to summarize: Whar kind of weapon/ability would you use as a replacement for Cas's main weapon in this case?

tnx

Inspiration for this characeter is a cartographer from swedish movie Sauna. Good movie ;)

Atelm
2009-08-28, 03:49 AM
Maybe some kind of minor artifact whip or whip-dagger as a replacement weapon?

Inspiration for this characeter is a cartographer from swedish movie Sauna. Good movie ;)

Correction, it's a finnish movie not swedish. :smallamused:

Adamaro
2009-08-28, 03:50 AM
My bad. :smallbiggrin:

BobVosh
2009-08-28, 03:53 AM
Wouldn't "God of Corruption" sound better?

Anyway as for a weapon...

I want to say net, simply because it captures and prevents. Kind a funny weapon for a god though.

Or a Lasso of truth! Wonder Woman was practically the god of being raped.

Sintanan
2009-08-28, 03:53 AM
Might I suggest looking at blending the Nymphology supplement with the Book of Vile Darkness?

Specifically 'creatures of lust' with some of the variant rules (reflavor the torture rules) in the BoVD.

To add a bit of humor, either let a player roll a 'blue mage' from Nymphology or introduce a reoccurring NPC 'blue mage.'

Thajocoth
2009-08-28, 03:58 AM
Well a god of rape would likely go for either a whip, as previously suggested, or maybe something long that you poke with like a lance. I could also see one holding 2 round shields with spikes in their centers.

Kizara
2009-08-28, 03:59 AM
A whip is too obvious, and S&M only very rarely has anything to do with rape (as it almost always is concerned with submission, perhaps reluctant, but not violent forcefullness).

You seem to be going for the "violently takes and destroys that which is wholesome or good" as the concept for the god, with a nod towards the most common use of the concept "rape", so I suggest the following:

1) Fire. Yes, he wields fire as a weapon. Its destructive and inherently violent and chaotic.

2) A spiked chain. Sexual connotations if you look for them, fairly 'evil like'. Also, chains often symbolize slavery, which is a form of rape (of freedoms and life). Also, one of the best weapons in DnD, so it 'rapes' in another way. ;)

3) A net and trident/spear. Sexual innuendo is fairly obvious, and the whole symbolism of 'taking' with the net.

I dunno, its late and that's all I could come up with, hope it was at least a bit helpful. Good luck.

Weimann
2009-08-28, 04:02 AM
A god of rape would also be the god of any place where some stronger party force themself onto something else, in a destructive way (this could be industry exploiting a natural area, colonialism taking the resources of original settlers, and of course the traditional rape scenario). He should probably be considered a god of opression, rather than corruption.

As for weapon... I'd say maybe a trident or large spear. It's big, heavy and hard to defend against. Also, it has a fitting penetrating quality :P

Grumman
2009-08-28, 04:05 AM
If there is god of murder in D&D, there can also be a god of rape (a lesser diety) which i intend to use in my 3.5 campaign.
If it was me running your game, I would present it as a god of plunder/despoilation instead of a god of rape, even if it's the same deity.

I'd throw in 10 levels of Blighter somewhere. I'm sure there's something like Thrallherd that would also fit in well.

MichielHagen
2009-08-28, 04:13 AM
A whip is too obvious, and S&M only very rarely has anything to do with rape (as it almost always is concerned with submission, perhaps reluctant, but not violent forcefullness).

You seem to be going for the "violently takes and destroys that which is wholesome or good" as the concept for the god, with a nod towards the most common use of the concept "rape", so I suggest the following:

1) Fire. Yes, he wields fire as a weapon. Its destructive and inherently violent and chaotic.

2) A spiked chain. Sexual connotations if you look for them, fairly 'evil like'. Also, chains often symbolize slavery, which is a form of rape (of freedoms and life). Also, one of the best weapons in DnD, so it 'rapes' in another way. ;)

3) A net and trident/spear. Sexual innuendo is fairly obvious, and the whole symbolism of 'taking' with the net.

I dunno, its late and that's all I could come up with, hope it was at least a bit helpful. Good luck.

In my opinion a whip symbolizes "slavery" a lot better than a spiked chain.

And you seem to be confusing S&M (as do many others) with D/s (domination and submission). They do go hand in hand in many occassions though.
Sadomasochism literally means something like "Enjoying pain/humiliation".

Rayzin
2009-08-28, 04:15 AM
Rape is violation in any form by using strength, i can rape a hillside by clearcutting all the trees and then open pit mining it. Corruption doesn't have much to do with rape.

I actually think that this gods weapon should be a hammer or maybe his fists? Oppression or seizure by brute force.

Kizara
2009-08-28, 04:18 AM
In my opinion a whip symbolizes "slavery" a lot better than a spiked chain.

And you seem to be confusing S&M (as do many others) with D/s (domination and submission). They do go hand in hand in many occassions though.
Sadomasochism literally means something like "Enjoying pain/humiliation".
S&M and the like discussion:

Since the practice of Sadism and Masocism has a great deal more to do with D/s play then it does with true rape, I'm not confusing a damn thing, thanks.

Sadism is recieving (sexual) pleasure from inflicting pain upon others.
Masocisim is recieving (sexual) pleasure from having pain inflicted upon you.
Note that this pain can be emoitional, physical, social, etc. It varies depending on taste and activities, of course; and the best kind combines many at once. But you see, most sadists get a much greater high if there is some level on consension on the part of their subjects (perhaps brought out from the subconcious with some forceful encouragement); although truthfully some really do like something akin to rape.

Thing is, when someone says "rape", and the response is fetish/whips, I feel a need to point out the error in thinking that fetish/alternative/S&M play is about rape, as it almost always isn't. Any true Dom will tell you that if you do it right they will enjoy it, and its only rape in the most absolutely generalistic use of the term, in that you are somewhat forcibly causing them to lose their inhibitions regarding... various acts.

And the spiked chain was me trying to be original and working on several aspects at once:

- it can be seen as a means to capture, as a sort of Bolas grappling tool (I know I've used it like this with a character, even if it isn't strictly RAW)

-and as a means to hold, as chains/bondage

-as a means to inflict pain and harm (spikes)

And it combines all this in one object, that is also a really cool weapon. But yes, you can simply have him use a whip...

MichielHagen
2009-08-28, 04:35 AM
S&M and the like discussion:

Since the practice of Sadism and Masocism has a great deal more to do with D/s play then it does with true rape, I'm not confusing a damn thing, thanks.

Sadism is recieving (sexual) pleasure from inflicting pain upon others.
Masocisim is recieving (sexual) pleasure from having pain inflicted upon you.
Note that this pain can be emoitional, physical, social, etc. It varies depending on taste and activities, of course; and the best kind combines many at once. But you see, most sadists get a much greater high if there is some level on consension on the part of their subjects (perhaps brought out from the subconcious with some forceful encouragement); although truthfully some really do like something akin to rape.

Thing is, when someone says "rape", and the response is fetish/whips, I feel a need to point out the error in thinking that fetish/alternative/S&M play is about rape, as it almost always isn't. Any true Dom will tell you that if you do it right they will enjoy it, and its only rape in the most absolutely generalistic use of the term, in that you are somewhat forcibly causing them to lose their inhibitions regarding... various acts.

Notice i never linked S&M with rape.
I merely stated that Domination and Submission (D/s) is often incorrectly confused with S&M.
You are absolutely correct that S&M and D/s are a lot more associated than S&M and rape, i never contradicted that.

Grumman
2009-08-28, 04:53 AM
So, to summarize: Whar kind of weapon/ability would you use as a replacement for Cas's main weapon in this case?
How about the sodegarami (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sodegarami) from Oriental Adventures? It's a reach weapon you can use to grapple with. It only has a base D4 damage, but a god is sure to have enough strength that this isn't much of an issue.

elliott20
2009-08-28, 04:54 AM
I would change it to a god of violation, where the focal point is on the subjugation and destruction of ideals. Such subjugation is forceful, with power and control being the major components of it's teachings, where the tenets of faith surround the notion of might makes right and that assertion of ones will over another is the ultimate display, and therefore the most righteous form of worship. (Basically, every EVIL D&D religion out there)

this way, you can downplay the sexual component a little bit, which I think can help this from becoming just a really goofy parody of what is very sensitive issue.

As for a weapon? Why does he/she need one? Make it's symbol a set of handcuffs, create a new domain called "Control" where it's basically a bunch of restraint spells and mind control spells.

Really hammer in on the ideology of interaction between might and control. Oooh, what if instead of making the symbol handcuffs you make it a marionette on strings? His weapon of choice? another human being, fighting for him against his will.

The greatest joy of such religion is to bend the mighty to their will.

BobVosh
2009-08-28, 05:08 AM
Mind rape better be one of his domain spells.

Also I just remember you can do Mancatcher for a weapon.

Adamaro
2009-08-28, 05:33 AM
I see some more explaining is in order.

I did not seek exactly a weapon replacement. Cas is a god of spite and he is all "whack it till' it drops" thing. I was even thinking of replacing this fine mace with a spell-like ability. (Epic dominate/at will?)
GOR would come into a village in his avatar form and have darkest and most violent desires explode in villagers, who would gorge themselves on food, murder, rape and torture. Such stuff. Maybe even a bit Event horizon movie-like.

GOR is one nasty individual. And a common +3 whip does not represent that.

btw tnx for all the comments.

Fiendish_Dire_Moose
2009-08-28, 05:52 AM
Chances are you could just use Malcontet as a deity of rape.

BobVosh
2009-08-28, 06:11 AM
Mindrape as a SLA? Awesome! Just do it :P

Shademan
2009-08-28, 06:13 AM
give him SEVERAL arms and a mouth with three tounges and jagged teeth in place of a groin!

Keewatin
2009-08-28, 07:03 AM
I sinister intelligent spiked gauntlet would be a fitting weapon with something like a less child friendly Dr Claw* as its personality.

edit * DR Claw is from the inspector gadget cartoon.

Pharaoh's Fist
2009-08-28, 07:06 AM
I... what... just... how... why? Why?

Shademan
2009-08-28, 08:55 AM
I... what... just... how... why? Why?

because you deserve it

Keshay
2009-08-28, 09:29 AM
because you deserve it

Blaming the victim... how typical.

Shademan
2009-08-28, 09:41 AM
hot damn! we are so friggin witty!

not being sarcastic here.

Jack Zander
2009-08-28, 10:41 AM
How about a grapple? That one makes the most sense to me.

Dienekes
2009-08-28, 10:54 AM
I would change it to a god of violation, where the focal point is on the subjugation and destruction of ideals.

Bah, if the group is mature enough sometimes the disgusting and the shocking are exactly what the goal is.

Kylarra
2009-08-28, 10:58 AM
Bah, if the group is mature enough sometimes the disgusting and the shocking are exactly what the goal is.

Eh, then the focus should be on the primary aspect of what it is rather than copping out with the whole "also forests destroyed by industry, lands plagued by fallout, etc ... "

Knee-jerk reactions to the god should be what it is defined by. Shock value for the sake of shock value is dumb.

my 2cp

LibraryOgre
2009-08-28, 11:16 AM
The weapon should be light, so it can be used while grappling.

The weapon should be common and concealable.

I'd say a knife or dagger would be what you're looking for. It's a weapon of subtlety and intimidation.

Pharaoh's Fist
2009-08-28, 11:19 AM
Oh, I'll show you a dagger. Excuse me while I whip this out.

Mongoose87
2009-08-28, 11:45 AM
Where, exactly, does this god find worshipers? I mean, isn't that something of a requisite? It's not like you can build a temple to the God of Rape and find that no one tries to burn it down.

Evil DM Mark3
2009-08-28, 11:46 AM
OK. Here is what I imagine.

The Bone and Thorn.
Major artifact.

This weapon appears to be some kind of giant insect sting, just under two inches wide when wielded by a Medium Creature, set on gauntlet made of carved bone plates that functions like a +3 Unholy punching dagger. It has a few other powers. First it cannot be disarmed. Second anyone who is injured by the punching dagger must make a DC 45 Fort save against poison. Damage Primary: d6 Con and -2 penalty on all attacks, AC, Saves and skill checks for 1 hour due to agonizing pain (non-cumalitive) Secondary: Unconciousness for d6 hours. Finaly anyone touched by the plates of the gauntlet with their bare skin (not counting its wielder as the inside is padded) requiring a normal attack that does not deal damage must make a DC 45 Will save or be shorn of all moral compas, behaving as one would expect a creature of their skills, desires and intellegence but of the Chaotic Evil alignment would do for 1 day. The victim forgets the attack, but remembers everything the power made them do and also recalls how good those acts felt at the time.

You have a decent weapon, the whole thrust symbolism, nasty poison and a power that is good for messing with PCs with.

thegurullamen
2009-08-28, 11:52 AM
Where, exactly, does this god find worshipers? I mean, isn't that something of a requisite? It's not like you can build a temple to the God of Rape and find that no one tries to burn it down.

It's like that with almost all evil gods, barring the ones who can somehow implant themselves into society by offering something to counterbalance their evil. Shrines are probably backwoods affairs waiting to be kicked in by adventurers of light or huge temples built in either out of the way locations by slaves/thralls/idiots who devote themselves to...rape? (God, is that a weird thing to type.) Or they're mainstays of an evil empire with big cathedrals built to the glory of the.....the, the rape god.

Okay, this is just too weird to contemplate beyond a bunch of hick followers ala The Devil's Rejects forming a cult based around something reprehensible for reprehensibility's sake. I say make it a cult and do not think about the social and political impacts of it any farther than that under penalty of brain bleach.

LibraryOgre
2009-08-28, 12:16 PM

It's a common conceit in RPGs that gods need worshipers to maintain strength.

This does not necessarily need to be the case in his game. Even if it is, it can also be said that deities gain strength from the actions in their portfolios, even if those acts aren't perpetrated as acts of worship for them.

So, a god of poisons gets a little boost every time someone poisons another person. A god of murder gets a boost every time a thief shanks a guy for 30 coppers, and so does the god of theft. Every time a rapist rapes, the god of rape gets a boost. If you have an army taking over a town, the god of rape gets a big boost.

And this doesn't include the individuals who would devote themselves to a deity of rape, murder, poison or pain.

Shademan
2009-08-28, 12:18 PM

Uh, hello? god of rape and violation? He'll have all the corporation big bosses FAWNING over him!

Roukon
2009-08-28, 01:48 PM
While this may be a bit too much anime/manga/hentai related, there is always the tentacle. It is the favored weapon of the mind flayer deity Ilsensine.

But, it may be going the wrong direction for what you want to accomplish.

Baron Malkar
2009-08-28, 01:49 PM
Chloroform soaked rag + Dagger seems appropriate.

nightwyrm
2009-08-28, 02:04 PM
If you're not too hung up on having a humanoid representation of said god, might I suggest this {Scrubbed}
http://snarkerati.com/movie-news/files/2008/02/avp_xenomorph.jpg

This dude is the embodiment of rape.

shadzar
2009-08-28, 02:26 PM
I have given this thread some thought in the past few hours, and can only think of one thing to add. It should be a Goddess of Rape. You could just use the Lady of Pain and have every thing you need right there.

Mystic Muse
2009-08-28, 02:28 PM
you really shouldn't do this. there are so many people who can be offended by this . I know I was just by the idea of making this. this actually happened to a friend of mine.:smallmad:

Wings of Peace
2009-08-28, 02:39 PM
you really shouldn't do this. there are so many people who can be offended by this . I know I was just by the idea of making this. this actually happened to a friend of mine.:smallmad:

I think we're all operating under the uneasy knowledge that this is a very touchy subject. If anything I think that's why we've been getting mostly serious answers rather than joking ones. As a person who also knows multiple people who have been raped I can sympathize with what you're saying. I think in this case though the best we can do is treat the matter seriously and try to create a deity who does justice to what he is supposed to be rather than being a parody. If the person is going to make the deity either way the best we can do is try to help him do justice to the idea that he is introducing rather than creating a watered down deity who is more a mockery of the very real and scarring things he represents. That may just be how I look at these things though.

That said I think the dagger is a good start but it's not quite there. Rape of people and land is not all about subtly. There are also aspects of power, corruption, and other things that need to be addressed. The whip feels entirely inappropriate to since I view it as a symbol ownership where as rape and corruption aren't necessarily about ownership as much as having power over something. I might be stretching the line thin there but in my mind they are two seperate things.

Shademan
2009-08-28, 02:48 PM
wasn't one of the great deadra's in the elders scrolls universe the god(or deadra...whatever.) of war, destruction and rape?
big...many armed... had a polearm as far as I remember.

Worira
2009-08-28, 02:49 PM
The rapier.

Shademan
2009-08-28, 02:54 PM
http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Molag_Bal here we go. the king of rape.
geez what a title...
In oblivion he gives a mace as a weapon... hm. you know what...?
I think any weapon works for him. Weapons in general are made to hurt and destroy. seems like thats pretty much the domains of a god of rape and evil.
bbut yeah, the mace is quite a savage and brutal weapon. I think it fits pretty well

Randel
2009-08-28, 03:20 PM
I kind of imagine a god of rape as a brutish creature, sort of a neandrethal proto-human. He was created by the animalistic thoughts of those first creatures smart enough to imagine or worship things but not smart enough to actually develop a society or culture that consists of more than "If me want it, me grab it and take it, then me hit those who try to not let me get what me want"

However, as time went on and new gods appeared they took on more complex ideologies. The god of theft exists because mortals thought of the concept of ownership and protection and so thieves have to recognise about those things to be able to steal. The god of seduction is there because there are social rules and little dances that people go through to fall in love and the seducer exploits them.

The god of rape however is one of the very first shapeless globs of belief who got jammed together by those first bunch of apemen who could think of anything. The god of the hunt might have evolved into the god of war and then the god of plunder and ruin... the godess of mothering might have taken on the role of protector or healing... and the god of eating so much that your belly hurts got an upgrade to gluttony and greed as soon people developed fine dining and the idea that rich people are fat because they can afford to get fat.

Meanwhile, Grunk the elder god of rape has barely changed. His whole thing is that he attacks creatures that can't fight back and takes what he wants. All the other gods grabbed up the concepts of weapons, lies, strategy and style. He's that homeless hobo that wanders the streets of the astral planes because frankly he's hooked up one of the most base desires that mortals have so frankly he can't die. However, all the other gods have been fighting to get all the good portfolios so while there might be the classy evil gods who seduce and lie and steal... none of them really want to go through the embarasment of adding 'molesting little girls who can't fight back' to their list. The goddess of seduction makes her victims come to her, darnit, she doesn't need to add that losers portfolio to her own.

So, Grunk the elder god of rape is pretty much a hobo as far as gods go. He can't die because every rapist sort of belives in him, he can't really advance to become anything more because he's too stupid and primitive to comprehend growth... and any attempts to steal power any other god capable of fighting back (read: all of them) results in him getting the snot beat out of him and tossed into the dumpster.

No cults go out of their way to worship him because there are cooler gods to dedicate your life to and any ceremony that would worship him tends to result in the cultists getting lynched for their crimes... nobody cares if they are cultists... they are rapists!

As for his weapons... he uses his hairy fists to grab what he wants and punch people. He occasionally bites with his teeth or clubs with whatever he can find lying around at the time, but other than that he's got nothing.

He doesn't even know that he can have worshipers or grant spells... a few people have tried worshipping or getting spells from him but they are either left unanswered or worse yet attract his attention where he proceeds to rape them horribly until someone comes along and kicks him back into whatever astral dimension he's supposed to be in.

There might be a goddess of helpless victims and damsels in distress... but she got rescued by the god of Knights in Shining Armor long ago and he's pretty much had her under lock and key ever since. Grunk occasionally tries to attack her but gets curb-stomped by either Knight in Armor or the god of Vicious Guard Dogs (the results of those encounters are both gory and hilarious at the same time and are occasionally brought up as jokes to lighten the day of the other gods... then they change the subject to avoid talking about Grunk).

Shademan
2009-08-28, 03:26 PM
I second that.

simple as that. Grunk the elder, unchanged god and his hairy fists... dangit, I might even use him in my game world now.

Archpaladin Zousha
2009-08-28, 03:26 PM
Wouldn't just any kind of sword be just as good? Swords ARE phallic symbols, are they not?

Wings of Peace
2009-08-28, 04:02 PM
Wouldn't just any kind of sword be just as good? Swords ARE phallic symbols, are they not?

The OP is trying to cover multiple and slightly abstract qualities of the -idea- of rape not just the physical act. I think that's the foci with this deity is that we're not designing for the physical act we're designing for the idea in all it's meanings.

Jack Zander
2009-08-28, 04:18 PM
I'll repeat my idea of using grapple for the favored weapon. Grabbing someone is a way to forcefully get them to act how you want. It's not subtle, like a dagger. It's not a sign of ownership or submission, like a whip. It's a sign of domination through sheer power. A grapple is saying, "This is what I want, I'm going to take it, and I'm not going to let go of it until I've had my way!"

Tiki Snakes
2009-08-28, 06:23 PM
The rapier.

Well, I laughed.

Also, I can't help but consider the Xenomorph/s to be inherantly female, personally. Worker Bees of Doom, and all. They do get massive bonus points for their signiture entrance being one of raping a guy in the face, and getting him pregnant with a horrible, torso destroying parasite. Really cemented the horror of the situation in a way that the other way round wouldn't have.

I'd like to vote for either something similarly monstrously inspired, or even an Androgenous God of Rape, personally. If you're not going entirely straight-faced, I'd personally say that it could be interesting to have some kind of pseudo-monstrous 'Futanari'.

I think there's something to be said for the chosen weapon being a sword, actually. It's heavy with many related symbolisms, but still manages to side-step the rather over-obvious and perhaps more sexually suggestive options.

The Glyphstone
2009-08-28, 06:26 PM
Grunk

/thread.:smallbiggrin:

Randel
2009-08-28, 06:41 PM
I second that.

simple as that. Grunk the elder, unchanged god and his hairy fists... dangit, I might even use him in my game world now.

I suspect that Grunk would be less of a worshipable god who has actual followers and plans and more like a sort of immortal thing who's gone through the ages without ever really rising from his base nature (he might not even speak common... even if as a god he's telepathic or something then he really rarely has anything to say other than grunts of pleasure or grunts of pain). He might ravage and plunder his way across the ages... acting more like a beast or a troll than a god and running into adventurers who've tried slaying him. Only adventurers who have had the blessings of the gods have any real luck in harming him.

The gods and goddesses in charge of plunder and sexual perversion tend to look upon him with disdain, they all pretty much dislike him but don't want to steal his portfolio to drain his power. First because the gods have all agreed to kind of avoid killing eachother by stealing portfolios and second because they don't want to add 'rape' to their portfolios. That would taint their reputation and there is the risk that Grunks divine essence might merge with theirs if they took his portfolio... the goddess of seduction has enough problems with her image being affected by all the sexual devients in the mortal realm... she doesn't need to get hairy neandrethal essence mixed in with that.

If Grunk does get involved with any long-term evil plots then he's likely to be a minion of someone with brains. Grunk wants to grab what he wants and he wants divine power... but all the other gods hit Grunk when he tries to grab theirs. Someone really nasty... like a wizard or an elder evil from beyond time and space wants to kill the gods. They figure they can manipulate the immortal Grunk into doing their dirty work and promise him that doing so will weaken the other gods enough so that he can grab what he wants.

Grunks simple and primitive existence also gives him an advantage... he never goes away. Any attempts to kill him permanently or seal him away for good never seem to stick. Some suspect that Grunk might not even be a 'person' like other gods... he really is just the subhuman concept of rape given a pseudo physical form. As long as there are rapists or the thought of rape then Grunk will reform or ... ooze his way from whatever prison he is bound in. Some more complex villains would kill to get that sort of power... but the thing is that again the only reason he's immortal is because he's the frikkin personification or rape and nobody wants to steal his portfolio because he's too pathetic in their eyes to deal with.

The god of rape is cosmic garbage. No self-respecting villain would steal his power and no self respecting cultist would worship him (they would have to be pretty darn low on the lack of self respect scale since there is a goddess of bondage and perversion... she abuses her minions in a sexy way, Grunk just abuses them). The only ones who would deal with him are either those who want to beat up a god and want to try against a stupid one, villains who can manipulate him, or maybe crazy cosmic tentacle monsters who want to destroy the universe.

Sure, there are demons and otherworldy horrors who rape in one way or another... but they tend to be atheists. Who knows, maybe Grunk gets faith power from them, but they don't care.

Randel
2009-08-28, 07:03 PM
Oh, and Grunk would probably look like some sort of hairy troll/dwarf/elf/goblin thing with oversized hands. Maybe a tall spindly elf-like thing that evolved from tail-less monkeys but has hair all over to protect from the cold and a big beard... less like a well-kept dwarf beard and more like an unkept wild beard of mentally deficient hobos (as opposed to perfectly sane hobos who at least try to have good hygiene considering their position).

I suppose it fits though, since something strong and bulky like a troll could conquer a village and carry off things like food, gold, and women... but then that would be more an act of conquest, war, or theft. The god of rape is exactly that... a primitive weakling that can't get what he wants through cunning or strength and tries to grab it from those who can't fight back. His alignment is officially stupid evil.

If you assume that humans are a young race when compared to older races like the elves or dwarves or trolls or whatnot then it stands to reason that one of the first bestial gods would have been created by one of those earliest races. Elves who even know about him will probably insist that Grunk is some kind of goblin... even though all arcane evolutionary experts know that goblins are descended from a group of corrupted elves.

Tiak
2009-08-28, 11:05 PM
I have to know one thing, in what application will you use the "god of rape"?

Stormthorn
2009-08-28, 11:11 PM
http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Molag_Bal here we go. the king of rape.
geez what a title...
In oblivion he gives a mace as a weapon... hm. you know what...?
I think any weapon works for him. Weapons in general are made to hurt and destroy. seems like thats pretty much the domains of a god of rape and evil.
bbut yeah, the mace is quite a savage and brutal weapon. I think it fits pretty well

CURSE YOU! I saw the thread title and instantly ran over to post about that guy.

Or Nort. Nort would love this position.

EDIT:
But if your serious i will make you a god.

Beryia
The Molten Heart, Lord of Rapists, Violation
Symbol: A Hyena-like creature with a large phallus* rearing back with a red ribbon in its mouth
Home Plane: (depends upon setting)
Alignment: Neutral Evil
Portfolio: Rape, domination, coercion, sadism, lust, power, plots, corruption
Worshipers: Manipulators, rapists, blackmailers, sadists, serial killers, betrayers
Domains: Chaos, Curruption, Domination, Lust, Strength
Weapon: Virgins Blood (+6 Keen Ghost Touch Claw Bracer ((with only 1 blade, rather than 3) of Wounding)
Appearance: A beautiful half-elf (although can shapechange to something else) hermaphrodite with two black voids for eyes on his/her face and a single red eye just above the crotch. Virgins Blood is worn on his/her left arm.

Beryia teaches that the way to power and fulfillment is threefold and consists up of force, deception, and coercion. Followers of Beryia are divided into two main camps with the main one being those who seek to control, dominate and possess other people. The second camp are sadists or people with a compulsion to commit crimes of a sexual nature. These people follow Beryia out of a need to have a god that will accept their behavior. A small number of Beryia's followers are good aligned (some of the sadists mentioned above) although none of his/her clerics are. Amongst Beryia's faithful it is customary to refer to the god as belonging to whatever gender you are most sexualy attracted to, and to act as if you are a sexual possesion of the gods. Beryia frecuently sends avatars to rape, seduce, or torment his/her priests.

* Or possibly ****oris. Its hard to tell with Hyenas.

EDIT PS: I find it odd that a technical term would be partialy censored.

PonceAlyosha
2009-08-28, 11:18 PM
It's like that with almost all evil gods, barring the ones who can somehow implant themselves into society by offering something to counterbalance their evil. Shrines are probably backwoods affairs waiting to be kicked in by adventurers of light or huge temples built in either out of the way locations by slaves/thralls/idiots who devote themselves to...rape? (God, is that a weird thing to type.) Or they're mainstays of an evil empire with big cathedrals built to the glory of the.....the, the rape god.

Okay, this is just too weird to contemplate beyond a bunch of hick followers ala The Devil's Rejects forming a cult based around something reprehensible for reprehensibility's sake. I say make it a cult and do not think about the social and political impacts of it any farther than that under penalty of brain bleach.

You could make them be bankers. That way they can screw you both ways. Also, they'd have to be relatively well fortified, and be an important institution that could expect some civil protection.

Alcopop
2009-08-28, 11:48 PM
This thread worries me a little... as far as dieties go I think grunk is that one to go with and it should probably be left at that.

Stormthorn
2009-08-28, 11:53 PM
And of course if you already have some god in mind, disregard my creation. It was more of an experiment of creativity for me. ALthough now i might use it in a games pantheon.

deuxhero
2009-08-29, 05:59 AM
Where, exactly, does this god find worshipers? .

You could ask that for a whole lot most old pantheons. Most old gods were generally ****s, but got worshiped. May be a tad harder in verifyed polytheistic system like D&D.

You could have him with more of a portfolilo than just rape (It always bugged me how "good" gods got diverse portfolilos, but evil gods only got some form of evil.). I know, base him on someone from the greek pantheon, pretty every male deity could qualify for the title. Zeus is a good one to use here.

MartinHarper
2009-08-29, 11:15 AM
Arguably, the god of rape would be worshipped by societies that believe in conjugal rights. Though that sounds too sophisticated for Grunk.

Adamaro
2009-08-29, 12:09 PM
Tnx for all the input.

PCs may (or may not) find this fella entombed in a demon-made dungeon, and will free it if they get too nosy. Then, some very non-funny things may start to happen in those regions.

The avatar of this god will be nude male of delicate, almost elven statue. It will have no face, and will bleed black matter from it. http://www.bloodygoodhorror.com/bgh/files/aj_annilas_sauna.jpg
I see it as extremely delicate deity, capable of subtlest of cruelty, like slowly driving a man to rape his own flesh. Yes, this one is a dark one. No "brute from ancient era". Mentally it also might be represented as extremely intelligent pedophile. With all the intrigue-capabilities, who knows ... he might even dethrone a deity or two from pantheon.

What bonuses do those, who find themselves engulfed in its urges get? First, immense cunning and ability to deceive (bluff, intimidate, maxed dominate spells ..'). Then, ability to summon, or manifest worst of demons - far worse than balors.(perhaps some abilities of phantasmal slayer, frightful presence) and last, but surely not least - presence of such evil upsets most non-evil creatures. And if god's servant knows to use the horror and abhorrence his deeds provoke to his advantages, entire rows of innocent "witches" may burn and children begin to tell on their parents in fear of the "taint".
Not to offend anyone, but Fritzl may be an example of god's devotee.
As for mixing portfolio ... other gods may actually fear this one because of its essence ... which is highly corruptive. Should it transfer some of its power to, say, goddess of seduction, her worshipers would start biting each other's ... at the tip of pleasure, mixing poison in lover's drink, and ravaging those, they could. If I did not mention before: I am making a horror campaign.

@Stormthorn:
Could you add some stats to that? I took Cas as a base, because his stats are nicely defined in Heroes of horror.

Shademan
2009-08-29, 04:02 PM
so... no futa-grunk?

Stormthorn
2009-08-30, 10:30 PM
@Stormthorn:
Could you add some stats to that? I took Cas as a base, because his stats are nicely defined in Heroes of horror.

I can stat it out like a diety from forgotten relams Faiths and Pantheons. Thats the only book i have with rules for stating a diety.

About how many levels do you want it to have? 40? 60? Keep in mind that in that system many gods have 20 outsider HD too.

And i dont own Heroes of Horror.

GrassyGnoll
2009-08-30, 11:28 PM
Correction, it's a finnish movie not swedish. :smallamused:

Finally, an excuse to use this macro.

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj13/Lord_Of_The_Ducks/sweden_sucks3.jpg

I'm surprised this thread has gone on as long as it has without a mention of Pyramid Head. I'd keep servants and summons to a minimum. It steps up this guy's 'evil cred' if even demons are afraid to work under him. I'd start the party off with environment encounters and build them up to the point where they have to act as inquisitors searching for unborn bastards of the deity and purging them before they can be born.

And of course, they abort the wrong couple's child or turn up too late one time...

Edit: Villains are a lot more intimidating when they don't play by the rules. Already, this deity of rape is breaking some serious rules (corrupting other gods, mucking about with the material plane), so consider an exceptional circumstance for his origins. Instead of being a strictly divine being with worshipers and a church, the 'deity' of rape can be a bastard himself, a sort of overgrown Atropal Scion. He's unbound by Ao, the Pact Primeval, etc.. Erynthul and the demons of the Abyss have that C tacked onto their E, but even they have to observe certain rules. Pump him with levels of Athar Defiant or Ur-Priest.

This entails a weakness, of course. Maybe he's stuck at Divine Rank 0-1 or unable to bear the presence of children. There's some lack of control that is a foil to his own acts of rape.

Stormthorn
2009-08-31, 12:14 AM
If it makes it a standard epic diety i suggest he give it levels in Epic Infiltrator. That way the god can walk among mortals using a Cover Identity and have its alignment and whatnot utterly concealed.

Adamaro
2009-08-31, 04:16 AM
Oh heck, I'll just use Cas's stats with some minor modifications. I really hoped to find a nice spell-like ability replacement for that +3 mace. Still, I managed to define this fella pretty good. Tnx for all the input.

Stormthorn
2009-08-31, 07:52 AM
Oh heck, I'll just use Cas's stats with some minor modifications. I really hoped to find a nice spell-like ability replacement for that +3 mace. Still, I managed to define this fella pretty good. Tnx for all the input.

He has a +3 Mace? Thats kinda sad.AT least make it cast dominate on people it hits.

I also suggest you give a few Salient Abilities.

Divine Inspiration: Desire
Targets make a will save (DC 10 + charisma mod + divine rank if any) or try to have sex with a designated creature.

Know Secrets
Legend Lore at will by looking at someone to know all about them

Free Move
Move your move distance as a free action once per round. Really ups the creepy factor if you describe it right. He's wlaking and then in a fraction of a second he's next to you.

Person_Man
2009-08-31, 10:31 AM
Rape is not a topic that is appropriate for gaming. Too many people (http://www2.ucsc.edu/rape-prevention/statistics.html) have been effected by sexual abuse. I would suggest dropping it.

Kaiyanwang
2009-08-31, 10:40 AM
Rape is not a topic that is appropriate for gaming. Too many people (http://www2.ucsc.edu/rape-prevention/statistics.html) have been effected by sexual abuse. I would suggest dropping it.

I agree. Sorry if I point it out, OP, but I have the same feelings of P_M about the regarding the topic.

Sholos
2009-08-31, 12:52 PM
I think it's curious that rape is considered a completely inappropriate topic for consideration, but that murder, genocide, and other such atrocities are A-Okay. Just an observation.

Thajocoth
2009-08-31, 01:01 PM
I think it's curious that rape is considered a completely inappropriate topic for consideration, but that murder, genocide, and other such atrocities are A-Okay. Just an observation.

Well... It's possible for some players to have been raped... However, we know that they were not murdered. That's why it's a more sensitive topic... You never know who has actually experienced it. Other atrocities... It's usually obvious by the fact that the player still has a pulse that they haven't experienced them. Though, it's still possible that they've witnessed and been scarred by such things, but FAR less likely, statistically.

Though, I'm not really one for limiting the story unless a player lets me know they have a problem with said material.

Jack Zander
2009-08-31, 01:05 PM

Its just the culture of our society. Rape is considered the most horrible crimes against someone (possibly because it comes with emotional scarring). In reality, it's far better for someone to be raped than for them to be murdered (though you'll often hear about both crimes being involved. The media only likes to publish juicy stories after all).

I guess it comes down to torture really. Lining up a bunch of people against a wall and shooting them in the head, or hanging said people, isn't too bad. However, if you burn them alive in an oven, it's completely different. Rape is the same way I suppose. It's basically torture.

EmeraldPhoenix
2009-08-31, 01:28 PM
No, this is not a joke. If there is god of murder in D&D, there can also be a god of rape (a lesser diety) which i intend to use in my 3.5 campaign. What I would like to know is, how would you stat this guy? I found pretty nice stats for a god of such lvl (Cas), with a minor drawback - his primary weapon is a +3 minor artifact mace (not bad for a god of spite, smashing and slashing, but not what I'm looking for) and if nothing else, I would like some suggestion, what kind of equivalent weapon/ability would God of Rape have?

Also this rape does not apply only to some nonconsensual nice ogre+elf action, but is also a form of taint - forests destroyed by industry, lands plagued by fallout, etc ...

tnx

Now that you've brought this issue up, all I can think are that any character who prayed to the "god of rape" would probably have:

1. Ranks in use rope
2. Grappeling checks.

...thanks of the nightmares.:smallannoyed:

Grumman
2009-08-31, 01:31 PM
Its just the culture of our society.
I don't think it's really that arbitrary. As you go down the line from self-defence to execution/coup de grace to torture/rape, you're achieving less and less that normal people would consider mitigating arguments. Killing in self-defence is a time honoured tradition in D&D, but killing someone that has surrendered or is unconscious isn't quite so clear cut, expecially against PCs. Still, in a world where people can teleport and turn invisible, it presents a slightly more permanent way of stopping someone who wanted to kill you from trying again. Once you're down to torture or rape, it's basically causing suffering for the sake of suffering to someone who is already not a threat. It achieves nothing, it just adds insult to injury.

Jack Zander
2009-08-31, 01:39 PM
I don't think it's really that arbitrary. As you go down the line from self-defence to execution/coup de grace to torture/rape, you're achieving less and less that normal people would consider mitigating arguments. Killing in self-defence is a time honoured tradition in D&D, but killing someone that has surrendered or is unconscious isn't quite so clear cut, expecially against PCs. Still, in a world where people can teleport and turn invisible, it presents a slightly more permanent way of stopping someone who wanted to kill you from trying again. Once you're down to torture or rape, it's basically causing suffering for the sake of suffering to someone who is already not a threat. It achieves nothing, it just adds insult to injury.

But the gods of slaughter or whatever already relish in causing harm for harm's sake. Why are those gods not banhammered?

Person_Man
2009-08-31, 02:48 PM
But the gods of slaughter or whatever already relish in causing harm for harm's sake. Why are those gods not banhammered?

In most non-utopian stories, there are antagonists. Antagonists generally do bad things, in order to create drama, to provide contrast to the protagonists, and to delineate the differences between good and evil in general. The types and degree of bad things has always been a function of the community standard (what do most people think) and the audience (what do my intended readers think).

I think that it's self evident that the current community standard beleives that rape and genocide are probably the most immoral things possible. Beyond the pale for polite conversation, entertainment, or humor for all but the most mature of audiences. The audience for this forum and for D&D in general includes young children. I started playing D&D when I was 12. I intend to teach my kids D&D around the same age. I choose not to discuss rape with 12 year olds, and I think that most people agree with me. This forum (and most other D&D forums) ban curse words for similar reasons. So I think it's a pretty safe bet that farcical discussions of rape are far worse then using the S word.

Murder, and more broadly abstract senseless violence, is a common part of everyday life. Video games, roleplaying games, the news, daytime and afternoon tv drama, even many cartoons. Whether or not one is logically or morally superior is besides the point. It exists, and we view and process it on a regular basis. And as long as you don't push it beyond the PG-13 level (a standard which itself is a bit hypocritical and constantly evolving), it's a relevant topic for discussion on these boards, just as real life religion and politics are not an appropriate topic for discussion on these boards. I believe that rape is not. Though I'll be the first to admit that my opinion doesn't matter. The mods will render a decision on their own.

Lamech
2009-08-31, 03:23 PM
The reason why rape is a worse topic then say murder for a game is because people show the effects of it in a more personal manner than a corspe, and one is more likely to know a raped person than a murdered one. One can see the emotional effects of rape afterward. Not so for murder. One of your players might be a rape victim, probably not so for murder. (If they are a murder victim please contact the airforce immideatly; make sure they are sane first.) Also death is seen as natural. Rape is not.

Yes rape is not as bad a crime as murder. (Both really horrible.) But it is far more likely to offend someone.

Arakune
2009-08-31, 03:30 PM
The fun part of this is that the complaints of it only started at page 3. Strange, isn't it? :smallconfused:

LibraryOgre
2009-08-31, 04:10 PM
I think that it's self evident that the current community standard beleives that rape and genocide are probably the most immoral things possible. Beyond the pale for polite conversation, entertainment, or humor for all but the most mature of audiences. The audience for this forum and for D&D in general includes young children. I started playing D&D when I was 12. I intend to teach my kids D&D around the same age. I choose not to discuss rape with 12 year olds, and I think that most people agree with me. This forum (and most other D&D forums) ban curse words for similar reasons. So I think it's a pretty safe bet that farcical discussions of rape are far worse then using the S word.

I have to disagree with you, Person Man. This conversation has remained mostly appropriate. Rape is a part of the world at large, and the genre of fantasy. For example, Mercedes Lackey; "Arrows of the Queen" and "Magic's Promise" both contain rape. Joel Rosenberg's "Guardians of the Flame" has a fair amount of rape, to the extent that one character says "I want to introduce {character} to one woman of our acquaintance who hasn't been raped." These aren't porn descriptions... it happens off-stage. But it does happen, the characters have to deal with it, and ignoring it doesn't make it go away.

Now, if the conversation turns inappropriate, that's one thing. But for the most part, it's been a respectful discussion of the place of a god of rape inside a fantasy setting... why such a being might exist, what would be his attributes, and how he might be worshiped. It hasn't been farcical. Refusing to let other people talk about it, respectfully, because you're uncomfortable is unconscionable, especially in a forum where you're free not to read the posts.

Athaniar
2009-08-31, 04:13 PM
Perhaps the portfolio could be widened a little (not a double entrende, I promise)? Rape would fit well as an aspect of a god of tyranny, for example.

Jergmo
2009-08-31, 04:17 PM
I just have a goddess of Love, Sensuality and Freedom opposed by a god of Lust and Destruction, and a god of Tyranny and Domination.

ArlEammon
2009-08-31, 08:06 PM

Person man is right.

Mystic Muse
2009-08-31, 08:07 PM
Person man is right.

I agree but that's mostly because I suggested it first.

Catch
2009-08-31, 08:29 PM
The Rules of Posting expressly forbid discussions of explicit sexuality. I see that our Friendly Neighborhood Roland has already stopped by to scrub at least one post, and if the discussion was a problem, the thread would already be locked. So far, this thread has handled the subject objectively and from mechanics-first perspective (with the exception of several unwarranted rape jokes). The spirit of the thread doesn't violate forum rules, and the discussion hasn't become instructional or graphic, so instead of turning a valid question into a debate on good taste, why not let it come to a natural conclusion?

Jalor
2009-08-31, 08:41 PM

Some of those statistics seem a little out there. 1 in 4 female college students are victims of rape or attempted rape? 1 in 12 male college students have committed rape? My gaming group has twelve male college students in it, and I highly doubt any of them are rapists.

Mongoose87
2009-08-31, 08:46 PM
Some of those statistics seem a little out there. 1 in 4 female college students are victims of rape or attempted rape? 1 in 12 male college students have committed rape? My gaming group has twelve male college students in it, and I highly doubt any of them are rapists.

By definition, you cannot consent while under the influence of alcohol or drugs. Ever done anything with a drunk girl? Technically, it's rape.

Optimystik
2009-08-31, 09:55 PM

This, very much this.

It's just a word, calm down.

Sholos
2009-08-31, 10:03 PM
By definition, you cannot consent while under the influence of alcohol or drugs. Ever done anything with a drunk girl? Technically, it's rape.

Incidentally, the opposite is, by definition, true. Doing something with a drunk guy would also be considered rape. Or should be, to avoid being hypocritical.

Mongoose87
2009-08-31, 10:24 PM
Incidentally, the opposite is, by definition, true. Doing something with a drunk guy would also be considered rape. Or should be, to avoid being hypocritical.

That one never holds up, though. Not that I've got any experience in that area.

Roland St. Jude
2009-08-31, 10:35 PM
Sheriff of Moddingham: Okay, I think the OPs gotten what he's after and this is devolving into a troublesome real-world discussion. Thread locked, though I commend you for several very responsible posting.