PDA

View Full Version : The Guild

kybarsfang
2009-08-28, 04:27 AM
Please tell me I'm not the only one watching this show. :smalltongue:

If you've never seen it before, start here: The Guild, Season 1, Episode 1 (http://video.msn.com/?mkt=en-us&playlist=videoByTag:tag:theguild_season2_1:ns:Xbox _Channel_Gallery:mk:us:vs:1&tab=m1227544861972). (Warning, it's a bit PG-13.) The episodes are only 3-7 minutes long each, but it's a really great webseries. They also released a music video for the show, "Do You Wanna Date My Avatar?" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urNyg1ftMIU) It's really catchy and I love it!

I'd love to see The Knights of Good show up as a cameo in the comic someday. (Hint hint, Giant!)

Dragor
2009-08-28, 04:31 AM
I watch the Guild- I believe I just finished Season 2, brilliant show, and was actually very dramatic and moving. I love it- sort of like OOTS, it can still be very funny without you knowing all the in-jokes and references.

My favourite character has to be Vork, though. :smallbiggrin:

Oh, have you seen Do You Want To Date My Avatar? They just put it up on YouTube, and it's hilarious.

kybarsfang
2009-08-28, 04:42 AM
Oh, have you seen Do You Want To Date My Avatar? They just put it up on YouTube, and it's hilarious.

LOL. This'll teach me to finish my post in its entirety before posting. :smallbiggrin:

Finn Solomon
2009-08-28, 05:24 AM
I haven't watched it yet, but I do know Penny of Dr. Horrible fame has a starring role on it, so I'll probably watch it soon. I have a huge thing for cute redheads who can sing. :smallsmile:

Strawman
2009-08-28, 07:46 AM
I haven't been waiting so impatiently for a third season of something since Avatar the Last Airbender. The Guild is top quality.

Seonor
2009-08-28, 08:05 AM
I haven't watched it yet, but I do know Penny of Dr. Horrible fame has a starring role on it, so I'll probably watch it soon. I have a huge thing for cute redheads who can sing. :smallsmile:

Then you will probably also like The legend of Neil. Season 2 episode 3 is a musical and Felicia Day plays a fairy. Slightly NSFW.

{Sheriff: Please don't link to things NSFW - not even with a warning. Link intentionally broken.}

Knaight
2009-08-28, 08:10 AM
Slightly?
The Guild is currently my second favorite web series. The other is also hilarious, but it has a lot to do with religion (less occasionally skirting religious territory and more plowing into it then circling the center) so its not worth mentioning. If your interested PM me.

magellan
2009-08-30, 12:16 PM

That's not penny from Dr. Horrible. That's Vi from Buffy! ;)

Fredthefighter
2009-08-30, 12:25 PM
I also watch The Guild. I think it's great. Simple.

xPANCAKEx
2009-08-30, 02:22 PM
this i approve of

most webshows, and infact most comedy (especially anything involving nerds - with the exception of The Big Bang Theory) is ultra laboured - this bucks the trend

Tirian
2009-08-30, 06:48 PM
I went through the first season and didn't think it measured up to Gorgeous Tiny Chicken Machine Show or You Suck at Photoshop.

And I think I have to see the live action web series that measures up to regular long-term funny animated series like Homestar Runner or Weebl and Bob. Those are people who can put their funny ideas straight onto the net instead of having to find funding for set designers and key grips.

zillion ninjas
2009-08-30, 11:06 PM
Is it wrong that when I saw this thread title, my first thought was "...Of Calamitous Intent!"?

All right, all right, I'm leaving now... :smalltongue:

Dienekes
2009-08-30, 11:08 PM
Only web shows I watch are this and There Will Be Brawl. They're good stuff.

kybarsfang
2009-08-31, 12:14 PM
I went through the first season and didn't think it measured up to Gorgeous Tiny Chicken Machine Show or You Suck at Photoshop.

I've watched Gorgeous Tiny Chicken Machine Show and I feel what you do but reversed. :smalltongue:

Everyone's different, though.

Thanatos 51-50
2009-08-31, 12:17 PM
I'm a pretty big fan of Felicia Day.
Heck, I watched Bring it On 2 when promised shots of Felicia Day in a cheerleading outfit.
Seriously, that was the sole selling point.

Finn Solomon
2009-09-14, 09:22 AM
I've watched everything they've got on Youtube, and it's pretty damn hilarious. I especially like Jeff Lewis's performances as Vork, his deadpan manner and the utter suckiness of his life are highlights for me. I also think it's fantastic that Felicia Day got the deal she wanted from Microsoft without sacrificing any control over her own creation. How often does that happen nowadays?

Damn, Bring It On 2 has Codex in a cheerleader's outfit? I never knew, got to rent that soon.

Kizara
2009-09-30, 11:13 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urNyg1ftMIU

The next viral video.

Jagos
2009-10-01, 12:30 AM
... Holy ^(*^...

Kizara
2009-10-01, 12:35 AM
... Holy ^(*^...

:)

The series they make is good too, well wroth watching, but this video is a phenomena.

Ever wanted to know what the next meme would be? This is it.

EDIT:

http://feliciaday.com/blog/do-you-wanna-date-my-avatar

"#1 Music Video on iTunes, #1 mp3 on Amazon?!"

Piedmon_Sama
2009-10-01, 12:59 AM
If anthropologists ever want to understand the 21st Century, this will be a key primary source. XD

Zeta Kai
2009-10-01, 07:24 AM
I'd rather date Talya's avatar. She's hot. :smallbiggrin:

But yes, Felicia Day would own my heart, were it not firmly in the possession of my lovely wife. :smallredface:

kamikasei
2009-10-01, 07:38 AM
Ever wanted to know what the next meme would be? This is it.

I'm not really seeing it.

Mauve Shirt
2009-10-01, 07:46 AM
HA! My roommate sings this song all the time. I had no idea it was a Joss Whedon thing.

Dallas-Dakota
2009-10-01, 07:49 AM
I know Josh Wedon. >.> Didn't know he did this kind of stuff.

Though the youtub video says it's directed and such by Jed Whedon....

Kizara
2009-10-01, 07:57 AM

Though the youtub video says it's directed and such by Jed Whedon....

Its his brother. Felicia initially went to Joss and got his support, but Jed is the one who actually directed it. She also wrote and sang the lyrics.

Finn Solomon
2009-10-01, 08:21 AM
Jed's wife is in it too, Maurissa Tancharoen. She's the Asian back-up dancer to the right of Tinkerballa.

Sholos
2009-10-01, 08:47 AM
But do you know Joss? :smalltongue:

As to the video, first saw this a few weeks back. Absolutely loved it, though that may have been more Felicia Day's doing than anything else.

Talya
2009-10-01, 08:53 AM
I'd rather date Talya's avatar. She's hot. :smallbiggrin:

I play World of Warcraft, too, just like Felicia. But my Avatar in Azeroth is green-skinned with large lower canine teeth and a shaved head with a topknot. :smallwink:

Ichneumon
2009-10-01, 08:58 AM
That's by far the best music video I have ever seen making a parody of internet/computer culture.

Kizara
2009-10-01, 09:37 AM
I play World of Warcraft, too, just like Felicia. But my Avatar in Azeroth is green-skinned with large lower canine teeth and a shaved head with a topknot. :smallwink:

Do you find your avatar to be sexually attractive?

Also, is your avatar male?

Talya
2009-10-01, 09:43 AM
Do you find your avatar to be sexually attractive?

She's not actually ugly, but...she IS an orc. She makes Grace Jones look flabby. I wouldn't say she's my type.

Also, is your avatar male?

Nope!
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Argent+Dawn&n=Tahlla

(not that an armory profile shows you an avatar...I just don't have any screenshots at work.)

Athaniar
2009-10-01, 11:34 AM
This is awesome. Nerd awesome.

artistInTheCode
2009-10-01, 11:44 AM
I'm a huge fan of this show and season 3 is shaping up to be good and interesting. I do hope it has a few more episodes than the last one though. I find myself laughing at all of the jokes and it just makes me want more when the episode is ending.

I grew up playing MMORPGs (Massively Multiplayer Online Roleplaying Games) and they really hit the nail on the head with the writing and the humor. I have to say that the first season was a little rough but it was still hillarious. Going into the second season was much smoother when they could focus more on the writing and less on the shooting and post production. The third season ironed out all the wrinkles and they are getting into the roll on floor laughing subtleties that make my inner gamer beam with joy.

I really can't say how great this show is for non-gamers as I'm so entrenched in the video game community that I'm not sure i could think about it another way.

Vork is by far my favorite character. He is matter of fact in his ways and just doesn't understand why people have to go outside the rules to get what they want.

Anyone else have thoughts on their favorite characters or moments from the series?

Talya
2009-10-01, 11:56 AM

Felicia Day not only has a starring role in it, she created, writes and produces it. The Guild is her show.

Joran
2009-10-01, 12:02 PM
I liked the Asian stuntman from last season, especially when he did that "head twist" trick with the water bottle. That cracked me up. I think I liked him because he was an Asian male love interest, which tends not to appear very often.

I love Vork; Vork is definitely my favorite character especially this year when he was trying to stall the fast food clerk in the drive-through.

I'd agree, Season 1 was a little weak and the whole "Zaboo's mother as raid boss" was kind of awkward. Season 2 and Season 3 are much better writing and flow. I'm really liking it.

loopy
2009-10-01, 12:50 PM
I'm a pretty big fan of Felicia Day.
Heck, I watched Bring it On 2 when promised shots of Felicia Day in a cheerleading outfit.
Seriously, that was the sole selling point.

Bring It On 2 has Felicia Day in it?

In a cheerleader outfit?

*steals sisters DVD*
I'll be in my bunk.

Talya
2009-10-01, 12:57 PM
I liked the Asian stuntman from last season, especially when he did that "head twist" trick with the water bottle. That cracked me up. I think I liked him because he was an Asian male love interest, which tends not to appear very often.

Technically, Zaboo is asian. (/russellpeters true. "South.") :smallcool:

Joran
2009-10-01, 02:03 PM
Technically, Zaboo is asian. (/russellpeters true. "South.") :smallcool:

Yup. But he's the one lusting after Felicia Day, not the other way around. Maybe I could be that Asian stunt man... if I wasn't fat, lazy, a computer programmer, and happily married.

Heart-throb Asian love interests tend not to be very prevalent in Hollywood; there's more of the Zaboo type.

kpenguin
2009-10-01, 07:13 PM
I don't see that much memetic potential with this video.

Shadowbane
2009-10-01, 08:32 PM
I'm craving to emote with you. So many animations I can do...be anything you want me to be...come on come on share a potion with me.

...Awesome.

SinisterPenguin
2009-10-01, 10:24 PM

Indeed...it's a great video, but I don't really see it becoming a meme. Eh.

konfeta
2009-10-01, 10:36 PM
Don't see it becoming a meme?

This thing is so old, there was probably a birth-life-death cycle of 10-15 memes between when it came out and this post. It already miserably failed to be one by every stretch of imagination.

Sholos
2009-10-01, 10:40 PM

Indeed...it's a great video, but I don't really see it becoming a meme. Eh.

I find your lack of faith .... disturbing.

Sneak
2009-10-01, 10:57 PM
Eh, I agree. Memes have specific requirements beyond "awesome." And this doesn't fit the bill.

Actually, while it was clever, I didn't think it was terribly amazing.

Mystic Muse
2009-10-02, 12:41 AM
do I want to date your avatar?

no. no I do not.

Archpaladin Zousha
2009-10-02, 12:46 AM
Thanks a lot Kizara. I just finished an Archive Binge (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ArchiveBinge) of the show. :smallamused:

Haven
2009-10-02, 01:12 AM
Don't see it becoming a meme?

This thing is so old, there was probably a birth-life-death cycle of 10-15 memes between when it came out and this post. It already miserably failed to be one by every stretch of imagination.

You say it like becoming a meme is something to aspire to.

kpenguin
2009-10-02, 01:21 AM
Becoming memetic is good advertising. Thus, viral video campaigns.

Also, Got Milk?

Icewalker
2009-10-02, 01:47 AM
Eh, something can be amazing and successful without becoming a meme, and without needing to be one. This just isn't the right kind of thing to become one, at all, it's a full complete product, not a phrase or picture to be twisted and reapplied in repeated, recursive, and over the top fashions. It's just wonderful, not mimetic.

Hands_Of_Blue
2009-10-02, 02:01 AM
Felicia Day is such a liar.

There is no way her avatar could be hotter than her.

Nerd-o-rama
2009-10-02, 02:13 AM
This thing is so old, there was probably a birth-life-death cycle of 10-15 memes between when it came out and this post. It already miserably failed to be one by every stretch of imagination.Things don't have to be new to become memes. Take "It's a trap!" or Rickrolling, for example. Or hell, any of the various memes from Dragonball Z.

However, preemptively declaring something a meme automatically makes it not a meme, or at best, a forced meme. Declaring something a viral video is even worse, since it makes you sound like some kind of marketing agent for whoever's trying to use the video to push a product.

H. Zee
2009-10-02, 04:45 AM
This... isn't really that good. Am I missing something? :smallconfused:

Ichneumon
2009-10-02, 04:54 AM
The concept is good and the references are funny. Nothing more.

Athaniar
2009-10-02, 05:11 AM
If you don't think this video/song is good, then you're not nerd enough.

Also, it inspired me to watch the show itself. About halfway through now.

Kato
2009-10-02, 05:51 AM
Hm... I guess I'll have to watch that series...

At first I thought I felt some irony in there since it seemed a bit like a blow towards tose geeks who really sit there staring at the avatars and other girls and... er... you catch my drift. But since they are deeply into MMO I guess it was just me imagining things.

Athaniar
2009-10-02, 01:17 PM
Hm... I guess I'll have to watch that series...

At first I thought I felt some irony in there since it seemed a bit like a blow towards tose geeks who really sit there staring at the avatars and other girls and... er... you catch my drift. But since they are deeply into MMO I guess it was just me imagining things.
Probably. And watch the series (their own site (http://www.watchtheguild.com) is better than YouTube).

tribble
2009-10-02, 04:35 PM
{Scrubbed}

TRM
2009-10-02, 05:59 PM
{Scrubbed}
Agreed for the billioonth time. The video was very well-executed, and moderately funny, but neither world-breaking nor memonic.

And that's the way it is.

Also, who else doesn't find The Guild all that hilarious?

Dragonus45
2009-10-02, 09:09 PM
Is it sad that my anser to the question is a resounding yes with a side of o (%$*ing yea.

I guess its one of those things that you get or you dont. You know, like everything else in the world.

Zeta Kai
2009-10-02, 09:49 PM
Well, I liked it. My wife "plays" Playstation Home, which is basically an MMO without the game part, & the references were enough to make her LOL. It's not for everyone, but it's definitely for us.

Roland St. Jude
2009-10-02, 10:02 PM
Sheriff of Moddingham: Please avoid "QFT" or other "me too" posts.

Fiendish_Dire_Moose
2009-10-02, 10:08 PM
Oh great, another obscenely retardedly annoying song that for some reason people on the internet love.
I hate these bands.
No offense to anyone, but my friend loves this song. He has also proven on many occasions that he needs a government appointed social worker lest he die trying to tie his shoes.

Jack Squat
2009-10-02, 10:13 PM
Oh great, another obscenely retardedly annoying song that for some reason people on the internet love.
I hate these bands.
No offense to anyone, but my friend loves this song. He has also proven on many occasions that he needs a government appointed social worker lest he die trying to tie his shoes.

I think half the love for this is because of Felicia Day.

Fiendish_Dire_Moose
2009-10-02, 10:13 PM
I think half the love for this is because of Felicia Day.

Yup, I have no clue whom that is.

TRM
2009-10-02, 10:21 PM
GUESS WHAT! (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Felicia_Day)

Now you do.

Jack Squat
2009-10-02, 10:23 PM

Penny in Dr. Horrible and Vi in Buffy. As well as several smaller one or two time roles.

EDIT: Ninja'd.

Fiendish_Dire_Moose
2009-10-02, 10:23 PM

Now you do.

Yeah I looked it up after typing. I love it when people go out of there way for no reason. Whoo! You win one internet for the entrepreneurial educationings.

TRM
2009-10-02, 10:24 PM
Yeah I looked it up after typing. I love it when people go out of there way for no reason. Whoo! You win one internet for the entrepreneurial educationings.
ikr? I am so creative using Wikipedia to answer this type of question.

Anyhoo. You will notice that most anyone associated with Joss Whedon is wildly beloved by communities such as this one.

Fiendish_Dire_Moose
2009-10-02, 10:27 PM
ikr? I am so creative using Wikipedia to answer this type of question.

Anyhoo. You will notice that most anyone associated with Joss Whedon is wildly beloved by communities such as this one.

I know. I've been here. A Long time.
I liked Firefly, and Dr. Horrible, but beyond that, I found everything else he did quite annoying. Most of his stuff seems to gain it's popularity from blinded fanboy/fangirl-ness.\
So, in 2014, the console war will be Sony, Microsoft, or Whedon.

TRM
2009-10-03, 10:38 AM
I know. I've been here. A Long time.
I liked Firefly, and Dr. Horrible, but beyond that, I found everything else he did quite annoying. Most of his stuff seems to gain it's popularity from blinded fanboy/fangirl-ness.\
So, in 2014, the console war will be Sony, Microsoft, or Whedon.
Firefly and Dr. Horrible are his more recent works; Buffy was already popular and fantastic before he had even conceived of Dr. Horrible in the darkest recesses of his mind.

And he wrote Toy Story.

And this is the wrong thread for Joss Whedon discussions so I will vacate it.

The Rose Dragon
2009-10-03, 10:43 AM
I love how arrogantly awesome Bladezz is in this video. Every time he comes on the screen, I can't help but snicker.

Athaniar
2009-10-03, 05:27 PM
And now I've watched the show itself. Great show. Is there a thread for it?

warty goblin
2009-10-03, 05:28 PM
Watched it, it was good but not particularly awesome. Then again, I don't play MMOs, so I'm probably way outside the target audience, so my opinion isn't much of a forecast of its actual quality.

nothingclever
2009-10-03, 05:41 PM
This is just like one of those "memes" you see on the news that average people take forever to find out about and don't even understand much of. Or one of those supposed memes that are extremely contrived so anyone can understand them. If you're new to message boards and computer games or the internet in general the concept of the song is "OMG LOL SO RANDUMMM XD" otherwise it's old news.

It's like when I saw people saying "all your base are belong to us" was something new and magical when the meme was around for over 10 years already. Another example is when some guy decided to make a living off Caturday by making a website about cat pics with silly captions and claiming he pretty much invented it even though the concept was around for years on 4chan and other sites. He butchered the meme by making "Can I haz cheeseburger" the star attraction of all the pictures when there are far better images out there that actually had some creativity put into them.

Harr
2009-10-03, 06:55 PM
He butchered the meme by making "Can I haz cheeseburger" the star attraction of all the pictures when there are far better images out there that actually had some creativity put into them.

...and he was wildly successful with it, spawned a string of related picture sites on other topics, quit his job and is now completely independent and runs a company which profitably employs many other people.

It's so weird isn't it... how real life action >>> cynical value-judgments, every time?

Also, in case people here hadn't noticed... the Avatar video was never meant to be a meme, has never tried to be a meme, has never been considered or thought of as a "meme" by its creators or anybody having anything to do with it. The "being a meme" thing was nothing but a random little thought typed out by someone early in this thread, to which a bunch of people gullibly played along.

So yeah... thanks everyone for letting us know it didn't get to "be a meme". I'll bet the creators are just kicking themselves over that :smallwink:

Moff Chumley
2009-10-03, 07:08 PM
Millhouse is not a meme. However, Millhouse is not a meme is a meme.

Get where I'm coming from? Claiming something is a meme is an ancient and time-honored tradition of the blaggotubes.

Badgercloak
2009-10-03, 07:29 PM
That was just... Great.:smallbiggrin:

Mewtarthio
2009-10-03, 09:55 PM
Claiming something is a meme is an ancient and time-honored tradition of the blaggotubes.

What about the "internet is a series of tubes" gaffe? Is that a meme, or has it evolved into an important etymological root of a slang term? Is there really a difference?

Faulty
2009-10-03, 09:59 PM

Now you do.

God damn, she's 30?

SmartAlec
2009-10-04, 08:12 AM
It may not end up being a meme, but it will end up being the soundtrack to a billion fan-made MMO dance videos. If it hasn't already.

ghost_warlock
2009-10-04, 08:39 AM
I'd like it a lot more if not for the music.

God damn, she's 30?

She's younger than me. *points* HA! HA! /Nelson

Ichneumon
2009-10-04, 09:02 AM
I think she looks great for someone 30 years old. Not that being 30 is very old.

Weimann
2009-10-04, 10:07 AM
So, the only real problem with that video was the lyrics. They were meta, but not in a clever way; it felt like the concept was "let's drop as many references to stuff that happens in MMOs as we can and hope for the best". Maybe it's just me, but I don't feel that meta = funny is true on a conceptual basis. I will admit that the refrain was rather catchy though.

Other than that, I had nothing against it. Well executed video, smooth choreography, overall well made tune, and the song was decent. I believe it might be funnier if you know the show they usually star in.

Athaniar
2009-10-05, 02:50 AM
Yeah, The Guild is awesome.

Kobold-Bard
2009-10-05, 08:24 AM
Ooooooohhhh......

I get those (http://dndorks.com/comics/4_17_2009.aspx) DnDorks (http://dndorks.com/comics/4_27_2009.aspx) comics (http://dndorks.com/comics/5_20_2009.aspx) from (http://dndorks.com/comics/5_28_2009.aspx) a while ago now that I know who she is. It went completely over my head until I just looked her up.

Wikipedia to the rescue :smallbiggrin:

Also DAMN YOU KIZARA!!!! This is stuck in my head now. I'm going to be humming it in my lectures. I already get enough funny looks because I sit there and doodle the battles from my D&D games.

Erothayce
2009-10-05, 01:50 PM
Holy damn this show is amazing! I feel like i majorly dropped the ball.

Kobold-Bard
2009-10-05, 02:08 PM
The thread about the music video has got me intrigued. Since people seem to be generally positive about it, and given the length of the episodes I might go on a binge and watch them al in one go like I did with the PHB-PSA's.

this i approve of

most webshows, and infact most comedy (especially anything involving nerds - with the exception of The Big Bang Theory) is ultra laboured - this bucks the trend

You're saying the comedy in The Big Bang Theory isn't forced? Clearly we differ in our opinions.

Athaniar
2009-10-07, 02:44 PM
New episode up! Great as always.

Jimorian
2009-10-07, 04:04 PM
Obligatory Penny Arcade reference:

http://art.penny-arcade.com/photos/342098597_CMQVh-L-2.jpg

Edit: I recently came up with an idea for a webisode series that I think might work based around the local music scene. If I can get it past the planning stage, I'd probably start shooting after the first of the year.

Joran
2009-10-07, 05:08 PM
Funny enough, she went to PAX and asked him to groom her.

Photographic proof

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3126/2815622913_52cdb9c8cd.jpg?v=0

She also got Bad Horse'd and sang Still Alive with Jonathan Coulton.

http://feliciaday.com/2008/09/penny-arcade-expowunderbar

Dragonus45
2009-10-07, 07:57 PM
Well i would totally groom her... should that sound as weird out loud as it did in my head. Felicia day is so stupendously beautiful, its hard to believe that shes almost 30.

alchemyprime
2009-10-07, 09:21 PM
Well i would totally groom her... should that sound as weird out loud as it did in my head. Felicia day is so stupendously beautiful, its hard to believe that shes almost 30.

And I'd groom her too... (feels creepy like Zaboo... must find way out...)

Of course, since I aim on one day directing projects from my BRAIN!, I would admit, I'd love to work on a project with her and Jeff Lewis.

And, as for her age, what you say? Hard to beleive? Try impossible to beleive! I'm going to side with my local conspiracy theorist and say she's really an angel and PRETENDS to be 30 so we don't know she's immortal.

Of course, my conspiracy theorist is my cat Abner. Darn cat, only conspiracy of his I agree with. Silly kitty, thinking we didn't land on the moon. Now go catch your catnip ball!

Wee! I should start talking to people other than my tabby cat...

FoE
2009-10-08, 02:38 AM
Oh jeez, guys! She's a cutie, but she's not a goddess! :smalltongue:

Ichneumon
2009-10-08, 04:34 AM
Oh jeez, guys! She's a cutie, but she's not a goddess! :smalltongue:

About that... what would her Domains be?

Athaniar
2009-10-08, 08:12 AM
Healing, definitely. Also Good (Codex is Neutral Good). Don't know about the others. Protection?

kamikasei
2009-10-08, 08:26 AM
Also, who else doesn't find The Guild all that hilarious?

Nope. The first season left me cold, tried to start the second but didn't see any improvement that'd hold my interest. Maybe you have to have been in a guild yourself for the humour to take effect.

Dragonus45
2009-10-08, 11:36 AM
Probably yea, not just in a guild though. Play almost any MMO for a while and you'll start to feel there pain. In a very big big way.

And yes she is a goddess, all who say otherwise are heretics to be burned at the stake. I think its criminal that anyone could ever say that they found her unattractive.

ghost_warlock
2009-10-11, 04:03 AM
And yes she is a goddess, all who say otherwise are heretics to be burned at the stake. I think its criminal that anyone could ever say that they found her unattractive.

She's attractive, but she's no goddess (http://i461.photobucket.com/albums/qq339/ghost_warlock/zooey_deschanel-1.jpg).

This is pretty win, though:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3126/2815622913_52cdb9c8cd.jpg?v=0

Harr
2009-10-11, 04:42 PM
Maybe you have to have been in a guild yourself for the humour to take effect.

If by 'maybe' you mean 'obviously', then yes. It's aimed at people who've spent a good amount of their lives playing MMORPGs...... obviously. That other people sometimes also enjoy it is good, but its success comes specifically from its MMORPG-crowd-only focus.

artistInTheCode
2009-10-26, 12:20 PM
I've been a fan of this show throughout it's lifespan, but the more recent episodes are starting to bug me. They are so brilliant with the humor and the spot on renditions of gamers, but the episodes are just too short. It really feels like the writing is being done on a full 22 minute episode level, but the show only lasts 4-8 mins. It's frustrating to say the least, because i just want more of it.