PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Integrating Fame and Infamy into the game

twom00nz
2009-08-28, 08:20 AM
Hello,
I'll soon be starting a new campaign as DM and I want to integrate Fame and Infamy for the characters. Does anyone have any advice on how to do this from a DM point of view? Are there any books where I can find the information?
Thanks!

Kaiyanwang
2009-08-28, 08:25 AM
Take a look on Honor System (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/campaigns/honor.htm).

Maybe you couldn't like the parameters, but can be a guideline.

kamikasei
2009-08-28, 08:25 AM
The d20srd.org site has the rules (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/campaigns/reputation.htm) from Unearthed Arcana. I don't know if they're what you're referring to already and you just want further material, or if you've only got and idea and these might serve as a useful starting point.

Chrono22
2009-08-28, 08:29 AM
Fame and infamy fall under character development. As such, they must have some basis in the actions of the player for the player to attache significance to them.
Create multiple organizations. And by organizations, I don't just mean guilds. I mean, groups of people related to eachother by religious affiliation, nationality, governance, or location.
For each organization, have a crises/current events whose consequences will alter the organization in a significant way. Introduce the organization by relating existing npcs with them, or through an organization the player characters are members of.
Present the crisis/conflict/event in a manner that the players have an opportunity to exact a change or result.
Based on the results of the actions, and the scope of the crisis, give out rewards (or punishments) from the fame or infamy the players accrue.
Having your own land, title and a castle may not be important in a dungeon environment, but it does make the game more fulfilling as a player.

twom00nz
2009-08-28, 11:24 AM
Thank you!

The reputation rules from Unearthed Arcana was exactly what I was looking for.