PDA

View Full Version : Collection: Strength of the Bear [IC]

esorscher
2009-08-28, 08:21 AM
LINK TO OOC THREAD (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=123051)

Bear Imports possesses grand offices on the other side of Tambor, the capital of the nation bearing the same name, but today, Charlie "Bear" Berry, son of the firm's owner and founder, "Papa Bear" Berry, has asked you to meet him at the docks. You've been reporting to Bear for some three months now, and never before has he asked you to meet him at the docks.

When you arrive, the salty scent of the sea stinging your senses, Bear is standing at the end of the pier, a lone figure, his back to the water. He gestures for you to come forward, and you do so.

You're alone for a time, and you make idle small talk, about family, the office, and such. Soon enough, three others have joined your conversation, and Bear holds up a hand to signal the end of discussion. He has something to say.

"Alright. Bear Imports has many departments, but you don't work for them. You work for my department, Retrieval and Reaction. And in that department, you four are the best. You have the highest success rates of any under my supervision, and so, I am selecting you to form an elite team, charged with missions too dangerous for the others. Your first mission is in this folder. Good luck, and godspeed."

You get the sense Bear had this little speech prepared, and as he hands you the file, you wonder what awaits you. Somehow, the thin file ended up in Kherek Umbra's hands.

The File

Travel to the Savage Lands, far to the west. Convince the barbarians to trade with Bear Imports, and only Bear Imports.

Matt Teishu
2009-08-28, 05:08 PM
Assuming Kheruk shares the instructions with the rest of us...

Quash furrows his brow for a moment and then in the blink of an eye, the space previously occupied by the stern looking businessman, now holds a stunningly gorgeous barbarian woman, stark naked except for a tiny slip of chainmail. Putting her arm around Kheruk and sliding in close, she half whispers I don't imagine we'll have much trouble convincing the barbarians of anything after a few nights of hard negotiations. As she finishes speaking her hand starts sliding towards Kheruk's belt, only when she gets close her form turns into a grotesque characterization of Kheruk himself. How about a kiss to seal the deal? he gets out before cracking up and pulling away.

Lore check for any relevant info on the barbarian culture: [roll0]
Sense motive on Bear (take 10) - 21

AetherFox
2009-08-28, 07:26 PM
Eily Morningwind

Eily arrives a bit later than the others, just in time to hear Bear's speech. While he's talking, she looks out towards the sea, seemingly barely paying attention. When Bear is done with his breifing, Eily looks at the others for the first time. Her gaze lingers for a while on Kheruk, looking a bit confused. That man. He.. Looks familiar. A client, maybe?But no, he doesn't look the type. Maybe someone I worked with? Probably. Bear hands over the files, and she says to the group with an overly enthusiastic smile, "Sorry, a liitle late. I got, ah, held up. So, the cream of the crop, huh? I guess no one'll hold us back." She holds her hand out to Wakaba first. "Hi, I'm Eily. I don't suppose any of us have worked together before?"

Tatsel_Ganav
2009-08-28, 07:38 PM
Kheruk Umbra
Yes, he does share the instructions, though he probably didn't speak for the "small talk" part. In fact, he hasn't said much at all. Do we know each other's names yet? (edit: apparently we do)

"Barbarians in the West? Any additional information for us? Are they at least relatively friendly to Bear Imports?"

He looks around to see who his allies are, and ignores the shapeshifter. Mostly just stands, leaned against the wall. He doesn't look straight at her, but from under the goggles he focuses on Eily briefly. Eily...? Can't be her, thought she was dead. But -was- always really fast, and that looks like her... H-uh. I'll have to talk to her later...

esorscher
2009-08-29, 08:21 PM
"Elegant as always, Quash." Bear said. "Grey, these are savages. Nature worshippers. They make their armor out of spiders, for Pete's sake. I doubt they've even heard of Bear Imports, much less formed a collective opinion about us. That's why it's important you get there, and win them over, quickly. We figure Nanaka is going to be after the same route."

Quash

In addition to everything Bear just told you, you also know that there are many tribes that are loosely connected to make up what most call "Barbarians of the West." Adolescents also undergo rites of passage involving tests of athleticism and skill.

tonberryking
2009-08-29, 08:32 PM
Wakaba

The woman (you think she's a woman, anyway from her voice) who shakes Eily's hand seems a little antsy to be hanging around the pier. Seems pretty strong too; in fact it hurts to shake hands with her. No weapons and her feet are practically bare aside from leather greaves and brass anklets holding them in place, either, so she'd have to be strong."Nah; Goliath an' me have not worked much with others in this department. Guess this changes tha--AGH!!"

For a brawny sort she seems kind of jumpy, but given that she was about arm's length away from Quash during the performance, it's understandable.

"Hey, cut that out! ...At least until we know th' lay of things!" she light scolds the... uh... other person, no real sense of anger in her tone. "Seriously, that's it? Any contacts, interested parties we need to meet up with or do we just head to the first ones we find and straighten them out, and move on?"

Tatsel_Ganav
2009-08-29, 09:21 PM
Kheruk Umbra
Kheruk remains motionless except for speaking, slowly analyzing his new allies.
"It's never that easy with Nanaka. We should expect endless trouble. Otherwise they wouldn't send us."
What an odd group.

AetherFox
2009-08-29, 10:45 PM
Eily Morningwind

Eily subtly rubs her hand after releasing Wakaba's grip. Yeesh, she's stronger than she looks. Eily's eyes widen when she sees Quash change, but other than that, she mearly shrugs. Turning to Kheruk, she says with a smirk, "So Grey, huh? Well, your just a bucket of sunshine. Have we... Worked together before? I feel like we have. Maybe I've just seen you around."

Matt Teishu
2009-08-29, 11:11 PM
Now taking the form most commonly seen around the Bear office, an intense looking businessman Ok ladies, coffee hours over, lets get moving. We depart at dawn. Be ready.

They better be good at smashing stuff since it's painfully clear I'll be doing most of the talking...

Tatsel_Ganav
2009-08-29, 11:53 PM
Kheruk Umbra

Kheruk continues looking ahead and responds, "I'm always ready," before looking down to Eily and pausing. He smiles slightly, though with the goggles over his eyes it's be hard to tell if he is plotting, happy, or just amused, "We might have, I'm... not entirely sure. Done some work in the North?" Gah, remember Kheruk, you're gray. Don't be openly emotional.

esorscher
2009-08-30, 11:25 AM
Bear sighs. "I know it's not much to go on, but it's what we've got. These are a backwards people, few of them even speak Common." A sailing ship pulls up to the dock, manned by a crew of two or three athletic looking women. "That's me." Bear steps off the docks and the ship sails away.

Tatsel_Ganav
2009-08-30, 11:46 AM
Kheruk Umbra
Kheruk waits for a moment before saying, "Anyone speak Spider-Armored Barbaric?"

AetherFox
2009-08-30, 12:31 PM
Eily Morningwind

Eily looks Kheruk in the eyes, or atleast as much as she can. Not really. I lived up in the North, but haven't been there recently. I'm sure "the barbarians" aren't that savage. Everyone speaks our language. To Quash now, she says, I hope you don't plan on telling us what to do. I don't know what kind of people you work with, but don't assume you're the leader. We're equals right now; let's try and keep it that way.

Matt Teishu
2009-08-30, 01:45 PM
I wouldn't much worry about any possible language barriers.

Turning to focus intently on Eily And what, my dear, would ever give you the idea that we are equals? Do you mean to suggest that I am as good at dancing around stabbing people as you? A mirror image of Eily takes shape and clumsily mimics a typical battle dance. Clearly the answer to that is no.

Now unless Bear is secretly planning a rather complected method for terminating our employment with a no compete clause, we've each been selected for this task because we bring something to the table.And one of these things is not like the others He points around the group We've got punchy, kicky, stabby and me. What exactly do you think I was brought here to do?

I get things done. I close deals. I solve problems. I'm a problem solver. You've got a pretty straight forward job; something needs a stabbing, you stab it. Maybe you all put on a little acrobatics show while you're at it. Me? I handle all the other things that can't be danced around.

When the blood starts spilling, by all means, you go right ahead and call the shots if you want to. It would be foolish of me to not defer to your vast expertise. One must always recognize the extent of their abilities. And so I'd think it just as prudent that you recognize when you are out of your element.

Without the head, the body is just flailing arms. Without the head, the body dies. And I for one would very much like to continue living.

Turning to encompass the whole group.Now then, Bear Imports is sending a diplomatic trade mission to the barbarians of the west. It's leaving tomorrow at dawn.

Without waiting for a reply, Quash turns and heads off to make his final preparations before departure.

Tatsel_Ganav
2009-08-30, 04:57 PM
Kheruk Umbra
He watches Quash leave before saying, "I agree with Eily, all are equal. What are you two going to do?" Shapeshifter needs to learn to use its social finesse with its allies.

AetherFox
2009-08-30, 09:27 PM
Eily Morningwind

Eily tries to get in a word before Quash leaves, but let's the sentence drop as she notices he isn't waiting. Hey! I don't... gah! Pushing her hair out of the way and rubbing her temples, she says, mostly to herself, This is going to be a LONG couple days. Thanks for agreeing Grey. Well, I best be going, too, anyway. Eily walks away from the others, not apathetically like Quash, and heads back to town.

Tatsel_Ganav
2009-08-30, 10:47 PM
Kheruk Umbra
Kheruk groans slightly and turns to leave, "I'm off as well, then. Good luck." He climbs up the side of the nearest building like a quick-moving spider.

For Eily & DM
Kheruk is going to go from the top of the building to stalking Eily until she gets to wherever she's going. He's basically going to wait until she's alone, or asleep if she goes home, and then try to sneak up on her and startle her. If that means waking her up, he'll knock on here head just hard enough for it to be annoying.

tonberryking
2009-08-31, 04:31 PM
Wakaba

Apparently Wakaba is left holding the bag. Silently watching the others until it's too late to intervene, the monk is left stuttering an attempt to unify everyone.

"H-hey! Where's everyone goin'? We need to pick a time and place to leave from tomorrow! We're supposed to be working together on this!

Tatsel_Ganav
2009-08-31, 04:44 PM
Kheruk Umbra
Kheruk leans back from the building he's climbing to say, "I'm checking here, then the main city exit tomorrow at dawn, for the shapeshifter. Seems to be what it was suggesting."

AetherFox
2009-08-31, 09:17 PM
Eily Morningwind

DM and Kheruk
Eily walks back to her room at the Blue Moon Inn completely unaware of her follower. After getting out of her armor and into more cofortable clothes. Just before actually going to bed, she picks up a piece of paper from the bedside table, reading it again as if she had a hundred times. She crumples it into a ball, putting it back on the table, and grabs her red scimitar, sliding it under the pillow, then finally going to bed. Not too long after, she feels a tapping on her head. Reacting quickly, she slices at whatever woke her and scrambling gracefully out of bed. Only after a moment does she realize it's Grey, and her glare eases just a bit.

I probably suffer miss chance from the swing, but here it goes. No hard feelings. [roll0]
[roll1]

Tatsel_Ganav
2009-08-31, 10:00 PM
Kheruk Umbra

DM & EilyThat's -almost- a hit, heh. Kheruk leans back away from the blade, "Heh.. Pretty quick," before pulling off his goggles, wiping off the ash paste on his face, and pulling a candle from his coat to light up so that the room isn't so dark. "Name Eily, fiery red hair, piercing blue eyes, and slightly pointed ears... Quick and graceful too. I take it then, your last name is Morningwind?"

AetherFox
2009-08-31, 10:23 PM
Eily Morninwind

Kheruk and DM
Eily stands still, holding the sword level. When Kheruk takes off his goggles, she lowers it, now more confused then angry. Grey? What the hell are you doing in my room at this time at night? And how did you get in here, or find me, for that matter? And... Wait, how do you know my last name? I don't think I said it to any of you. Eily tenses up, raising the sword again, as if expecting a fight. Explain yourself, Grey.

Tatsel_Ganav
2009-08-31, 10:32 PM
Kheruk Umbra
Eily & DMKheruk laughs a bit, obviously amused at her confusion, "I followed you back from the docks, thought it'd be a good laugh to startle you. Grey's just a nickname. Call me Kheruk when nobody's around."

AetherFox
2009-09-01, 02:39 PM
Eily Morningwind

Kheruk and DM:
Eily's look slowly turns to confusion, and then to joy as she recognizes the name. Dropping her sword on the ground, she runs up to him, pulling Kheruk into a warm embrace. She looks at him at arm's length, as if making sure it really is him. Kheruk! But how...? I thought you were dead! I thought... oh never mind! Thank the gods you're here, Kheruk! All these years... I had almost forgotten. But, why did you wake me in the middle of the night? Why didn't you just talk to me at the docks?

Tatsel_Ganav
2009-09-01, 02:44 PM
Kheruk Umbra
Eily & DMHe half-smiles and hugs her with one arm, "I'm... not in the habit of being very social. I probably won't even be very nice most of the time... Whatever the case, I'm glad you're here. And, I'm sorry I left, back then. I didn't even look for you, I just went chasing after bandits and got lost."

AetherFox
2009-09-01, 04:54 PM
Eily Morningwind

Kheruk and DM:
You were looking for me more than you thought. Kheruk don't be sorry. We were what, 9? Running after them was brave, if you were in over your head. Certainly better than what I did: running away. So, you never managed to find the Northern Bandits? Eily looks slightly more at ease. If he had snuck up on them during the night, they would have killed him, and I would have heard nothing of it. It's lucky really.

Tatsel_Ganav
2009-09-01, 05:41 PM
Kheruk Umbra
Eily & DMHe groans a bit and looks uncomfortable, "Eh... I kinda got lost looking for them, ended up stuck in some small town causing trouble for a while." He straightens up and smiles, "Found you now though. Never forgot about that... That I had to find you. Though... hm. I am, not entirely sure what to do now that I have. Never really got around to thinking about that..." Now he looks horribly, horribly confused. Well, crap. What now? I suck at interpersonal talky crap. In fact, this might be the longest conversation I've had in years... I usually just growl at, hit, or walk away from the talky things.

esorscher
2009-09-01, 08:10 PM
While Kheruk and Eily spend the rest of the night remembering days past, time does progress. It soon rolls around to just before dawn, about the time you would be heading to the docks.

AetherFox
2009-09-01, 08:19 PM
Eily Morningwind

Eily stands there watching Kheruk in the silence he left. After a bit she notices she was staring at his strangely white hair. She blushes awkwardly and turns around, picking up the scimitar, not having a whole lot to say, not at this time at night, at least. Her life with the bandits was the last thing she wanted to talk about. So... Um, it's late, and we'll be seeing eachother tomorow... I would let you stay here, but I'm pretty sure you already have a place, and, well, I don't want people to get the wrong idea.

Tatsel_Ganav
2009-09-01, 08:42 PM
Kheruk Umbra
Eily & DMKheruk pulls his goggles back on, "Right... Wouldn't want.. that." He pulls himself out of the window and up the wall quickly before leaving the area.

Kheruk spends most of the night wandering whatever the tallest buildings he can find, and sleeps a bit when he finds some place only a bird or someone else with spider climbing could get to. He makes sure to be at the docks at least 2 hours before dawn, in full armor, wearing goggles and gray-colored ash-paint, as usual. He is probably there first. Whoever arrives second, he grunts a greeting to in Abyssal.

Matt Teishu
2009-09-01, 10:11 PM
Posing as an old beggar, Quash makes his way to the docks fairly early. Hmm the gray one is here already, at least one of them seems they might be worthwhile. He slowly meanders over to take a seat on an old crate relatively close to Kheruk, but not so close to to arouse attention. Might as well watch and wait until the others are all ready to go...

disguise: take 10+22=32

Tatsel_Ganav
2009-09-01, 10:41 PM
Kheruk Umbra
He walks over to the beggar, trying to look imposing but still feeling rather depressed, "Find somewhere else to lounge."
Intimidate 10 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6844697&postcount=1833).

Matt Teishu
2009-09-02, 02:28 PM
Without a word, Quash gets up from the crate he's sitting on, takes one step to the right and plops himself down on the next crate over with a big smile on his face.

AetherFox
2009-09-02, 02:58 PM
Eily Morningwind

Eily arrives at the pier a few minutes after Kheruk, her face brightening when she sees him. Morning Kheruk. We got a long day ahead of us. She stands by the edge of the pier, not paying much attention to the old begger, watching the waves roll in.

Tatsel_Ganav
2009-09-02, 05:17 PM
Kheruk Umbra
"Eily, I'm..." he sounds irritated for a moment, then sighs and says, "Glad to see you. Good morning, Eily." There goes nobody knowing my name... I should have told her not to call me that in public. "Sleep well?" Taking 10 on sense motive for a result of 19, trying to figure if Eily knows that the beggar is Quash, and if not, waiting to see what happens when she realizes it.

tonberryking
2009-09-03, 11:46 PM
Wakaba

Blithely unaware of the goings on during last afternoon and night, the monk is last to arrive, but it's easy to see why. She was up early, had a decent workout and practice of katas... and then had to convince her horse to come along. Stomping behind her is a massive black war stallion, shaggy, and possibly easily mistaken for a living four-legging rock. Apparently she went first ahead of him to test the weight of the dock. And the ship, too.

"Apologies in advance if Goliath gets antsy; he's not keen for boats but he'll try to behave." she offers sheepishly. "Nice to.. um... say, is someone missing?"

Tatsel_Ganav
2009-09-04, 12:00 AM
Kheruk Umbra
He looks around, shrugs, and says, "Possibly. If we are, I get to beat up a beggar." He looks over at the beggar. I hope we're not, I want to be right about the beggar. But then, I'd get to punch the beggar off the docks. That would be fun. Oh, the conflict...

Tatsel_Ganav
2009-09-06, 03:44 PM
((is everyone dead?))

Matt Teishu
2009-09-06, 04:20 PM
Sensing that nothing interesting was going to get said for him to listen in on, the old beggar quickly shifts into Quash's "business" look and stands up. Bout time you all got here. Kudos to the quiet guy for showing up damn early and not wanting anyone, no matter how innocent looking to be privy to our business. But now we've got a long way to go, so lets get going. Quash turns and heads off.

Tatsel_Ganav
2009-09-06, 09:31 PM
Kheruk Umbra
Grey follows Quash without saying a word. I'm beginning to like the shapeshifter.

esorscher
2009-09-07, 12:15 PM
You all folllow Quash, but you all have a general idea of where you're going. West. To the heart of Barbarian territory. These were the villains of your bedtime stories, wicked cannibals and rapists who stole children and devoured souls.

And now, you go to ally yourselves with their leader. Your journey to the frontier takes roughly a week, and is largely uneventful. Cities are close enough in the heart of Tambor to avoid brigandry, and your skillful appearance scares away bandits as you near the border.

Once you cross into the Western Woods, you begin to feel a prickle at your neck. Fear has entered your hearts as you face the unknown, each noise of the jungle blending into the next in a cacophony of clattering, clicking, and cawing. Each step is made warily.

Quash

[roll0]

Wakaba

[roll1]

Eily Morningwind

[roll2]

Kheruk Umbra

[roll3]

esorscher
2009-09-07, 12:19 PM
Three large spiders tear through the forest brush, dead set on crossing your path. In fact, they run towards you, and Kheruk and Wakaba manage to spot them in time to draw your attention to the spiders, just as they crash into the clearing you are in.

[Wakaba has initiative; see OOC for battle order]

tonberryking
2009-09-07, 04:13 PM
Wakaba

Leading her horse on foot through the woods rather than from his back, as riding through trees is tricky business (Wakaba swears she still has the bump from that knotty tree branch which wanged her during a jaunt through a similar such forest), our monk is quick to move--forward-- letting go of her steed's reigns and charging the closest/fastest approaching arachnid. Ten paces away from it she leaps into the air and with a half spin hurls herself, foot first towards a pile of big, blinking eyeballs shining on the spider carapace.

Power Attack Via Flying kick is go! (-3 PA to hit, +2 to hit from charge, +5 to damage (+3 PA, +2 from her anklets)): [roll0] Damage:[roll1] Flying Kick: [roll2]

Her horse waits until after she's attacked before leaping into the fray against the same spider, though with less flourish and just plain brutish violence than his master. Single hoof attack:[roll3] Damage: [roll4]

AetherFox
2009-09-07, 08:32 PM
Eily Morningwind

Hearing the others call out, Eily turns to see the spiders. Unsheathing her scimitars and moving quickly up to the spiders, she says, Good gods. These things grow big up here. She slashes at the same spider as Wakaba, flanking with her or the horse if she can.

Attack:
Damage: [Roll]1d6+3+1 1 point is fire damage.

Tatsel_Ganav
2009-09-08, 03:03 PM
Kheruk Umbra
Grey is going to run up the side of a tree and try to hide behind it with his spider climb ability, then use Shadow Garrote on Spider 2 or 3, whichever fits two criteria.
Closest to Quash
Not being attacked by Wakaba

Rolls
Hide [roll0] to be unseen by the spiders
Ranged touch attack against flat-footed opponent [roll1] (not counting any elevation bonus I might get, dunno if there is one)
Damage (if hit) [roll2]

Tatsel_Ganav
2009-09-08, 03:04 PM
Critical confirmation [roll0], if crit, 32 damage.

Tatsel_Ganav
2009-09-25, 06:23 PM
Three large spiders tear through the forest brush, dead set on crossing your path. In fact, they run towards you, and Kheruk and Wakaba manage to spot them in time to draw your attention to the spiders, just as they crash into the clearing you are in.

[Wakaba has initiative; see OOC for battle order]
Eily, Wakaba and the horse were flanking a nearly deceased spider, and two more were heading up the rear. Kheruk was hiding in a tree, and Quash was about to do... something. We'll continue from the point we left off at, so...

Quash - you're turn.

:xykon:LINK TO NEW OOC THREAD (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=126259):xykon:

Matt Teishu
2009-09-27, 10:29 AM
Quash shifts into the image of a pathetic little old man who then covers himself up as best as possible while he lets out a squeal of terror.

Shift as a move action, then taking total defense.
Using disturbing visage tactical feat (RoE p117): anyone that tried to strike me must make a sense motive vs my bluff (taking 10 via changeling sub level) of 25 or for the next minute they take a -5 penalty on all damage rolls vs me.

If I am successfully hit, as an immediate action I'll use Fiery Riposte, melee touch for 4d6 fire damage.
[roll0]
[roll1]

If I then succeed in hitting the spider back, they have to sense motive vs my bluff of 25 or take -2 to AC vs everyone for 1 min.

Tatsel_Ganav
2009-09-27, 02:07 PM
The spider between Eily and Wakaba is thoroughly dead now - pulped and slashed to bits by the monk and the dancer. Kheruk's shadowy ranged attack damages, but does not kill, his target, so the remaining two spiders charge at Quash. They try to bite him - one almost bites the other spider, and the second just narrowly misses Quash.

Wakaba's turn.

tonberryking
2009-09-27, 03:30 PM
Wakaba

The monk spins and takes off after another arachnid, leaping into the air down at it as her foot chops down like an axe where the thorax joins the rest of the body, a heavy blow to be sure. Goliath hangs back, however, striking the ground with his hooves aggressively. If his master's attack doesn't do anything, it'll be up to him to strike.

[roll0] Power Attack -2/+2 and damage: [roll1] Confirm of crit if necessary: [roll2] Goliath's attack: [roll3] [roll4]

Tatsel_Ganav
2009-09-27, 04:45 PM
Wakaba and Goliath batter the beleaguered spider with their attacks. Wakaba nearly cracks the thing in half with her kick, and Goliath finishes it by crushing its skull.

Eily's turn - one spider left. You can flank it without provoking an AoO with a successful Tumble check.

AetherFox
2009-09-27, 06:24 PM
Eily

With an elusive step, dodging the spider's many legs, she moves behind Wakaba, spinning her blade at the spider's abdomen

Tumble check:
Attack: [Roll]1d20+13
Damage: [roll1]
Declaring dodge on the spider

Tatsel_Ganav
2009-09-27, 09:58 PM
Eily's blade strikes true into the spider's flesh.
The remaining spider again lashes out at Quash, but misses.
When the creature attacks Quash, the chameleon and Kheruk both react: the feeble old man (Quash) wreathes the creature's attacking limb (it's head) in fire just as Kheruk drops down from the trees to channel dark energy into it. The combined trauma kills it.

I messed up the last round, so Quash went before the spiders originally did. This round the spider went before Quash, which oddly worked out badly for it.

I'm not sure if this was supposed to be a harder fight, but he said large spiders - these were large spiders with some extra hp.

Congrats - you each gain 350 xp.

Matt Teishu
2009-09-28, 12:45 AM
Dusting himself off and shifting back into his normal self Well now, I must say that despite any possible short comings in the business world that you suffer from, worse comes to worse it's good to see that we could always just beat the contract out of the barbarians eh?

tonberryking
2009-09-28, 10:17 AM
Wakaba

Huffing, the monk wipes her feet off best she can before vaulting onto her charger's back. "If the barbarians are as easy to crush as these spiders, I don't think they'd need us to quell 'em..."

The horse just looks a bit more temperamental, pawing at a carapace before wheeled back to the proper pathway, Wakaba just in time ducking a low hanging branch. "You think these were just run-of-the-mill bugs or maybe somebody sent 'em?"

Tatsel_Ganav
2009-09-30, 07:50 PM
Kheruk begins looking around suspiciously, "Depends, do spiders usually come that big around here?"

WakabaYou happen to know, animals of all kinds come in larger-than-usual sizes around here more often than not. But vermin in particular are not especially common in large sizes - they get eaten too easily by the robust predators.

Strange noises continue emanating from the forest around you, and the path (or rather, direction) deeper into the woods is a tangled maze of low-hanging vines and trees.

Matt Teishu
2009-09-30, 08:04 PM
Everyone ready? Idle hands and all that, back to it...
Quash starts walking down the path in the direction we were already going.

tonberryking
2009-09-30, 09:12 PM
Wakaba

Wakaba shakes her head, "Nah, they're eaten too fast to get that big... I don't like it." she urges her horse forward a little, now settled into the saddle. "Feels liek something's up. Want me to go scout ahead, make sure there's nothing waiting for us? How 'bout it fellas?"

Matt Teishu
2009-09-30, 09:32 PM
So long as you don't get yourself into anything you can't handle, by all means...

AetherFox
2009-09-30, 09:39 PM
I don't know how much that will do, as we have such a small group. We should just enter carefully, weapons drawn perhaps. We can't send someone to scout alone, and if we send half our group out, that kind of defeats the purpose.

Tatsel_Ganav
2009-09-30, 09:55 PM
"I could scale the trees, scout above Wakaba as backup, while Wakaba scouted. Might work. What do you think?" He looks to the others for opinions on the idea.

tonberryking
2009-09-30, 11:13 PM
Wakaba

"That sounds good... And I don't carry weapons anyway, so if someone spots me they may just write me off as a lost traveler."

Tatsel_Ganav
2009-10-02, 06:58 AM
Kheruk nods once and crawls up a tall tree to hide in the canopy overhead, "I'll be ready to lunge anything that charges at you."

I have a mildly important announcement. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7043454#post7043454)

tonberryking
2009-10-02, 03:36 PM
Wakaba

The monk kicks Goliath into a trot and moves ahead, scanning the lay of the land, preparing herself for anything, already too distrustful of giant spiders hanging around places where they normally shouldn't.

Spot and listen: [roll0] [roll1]

Tatsel_Ganav
2009-10-15, 12:51 AM
Wakaba and Goliath venture ahead with Kheruk above them. 150 feet ahead of Eily and Quash, an arrow slices past Wakaba's arm and slams into a nearby tree. It came from the Northeastern direction.
5 damage to Wakaba, and initiative all. Quash knows there is a battle from the far-off horse's response, but Eily is distracted with her -7 to Listen until Quash alerts her of the battle.

tonberryking
2009-10-20, 11:49 AM
Wakaba

Wakaba lets out a yelp, simultaneously keeping Goliath under control as she scans the area for her attacker. If she can find them, just let them try getting an arrow into her again.

[roll0] Initiative! Now for some spot checks before my actions: [roll1]