PDA

View Full Version : Left 4 Dead Extra Achievements – Funded in Part by Orange Box Juice

Dread Cthulhu
2009-08-28, 08:56 AM
So here are some things to try out on Left 4 Dead. Unofficial achievements, if you will. I suggest these only if you have most if not all of the actual achievements. This is hardmode stuff right here. This was inspired by the additional challenges of the Wasteland Survival Challenge on this very forum. Realizing that I wanted to do the same for a game I owned, I did. Ironically, yesterday I actually got Fallout 3 working.

I’ll keep a scoreboard for people who complete these. Most of these can’t be proven, so I reckon no one here's shallow enough to try faking any of this.Screenshots or videos are unnecessary but would be fantastic. The score for each achievement is, obviously, the number in brackets. At the end are clarification notes for some of them. Things like inspiration, clarification of the rules, that sort of thing. They’re divided up into Campaign Singular (one-time events), Full Campaign Challenges (things you need to avoid doing or must do for an entire campaign, Versus and Survival (both self-explanatory).

I know nothing about modding, but if someone modded these achievements into the actual game I would be over the moon.

So here we go.

THE LEADERBOARD

ObidiahTheSlim: 40
Rutskarn: 15
ZeroNumerous: 8
Stormthorn: 5
Dread: 1

Campaign Singular

Don’t Blow It: Do not ignite the petrol station in No Mercy. (1)

Unstoppable Rage: Kill a Tank singlehandedly after it kills another Survivor. (5)

Rush ‘Em On: Complete an episode in less than 4 minutes. (4)

While Rome Burns: Play the piano for the entire church crescendo event. (5)

I LOVE THIS DOCTOR: Be healed with a first aid kit while on the minigun. (3)

Team Mom: Either use a first aid kit on or hand pain pills to a Survivor who has taken less than 10 damage. (1)

So High So Far To Fall: Jump off the rooftop at the start of No Mercy and survive. (3)

Stop Healing Yourself: Kill a zombie by meleeing it with the first aid kit. (1)

The Test of Character: Get off the rescue vehicle and save at least one incapacitated Survivor. (2)

Suffer Not a Witch to Live: Kill a Witch while she is stunned by a rifle headshot. (?)

Tanks Door: Kill a Tank through the safe room door at the beginning of an episode. (2)

Cut the Red Wire: Headshot a Boomer with the rifle without it blowing up. (5)

Outrun the Bolder 1: When a Tank spawns, run to the safe room without it hurting you. (7)

Outrun the Bolder 2: When a Tank spawns, run to the safe room without it hurting any Survivor. (9)

Hill Defense: On the Blood Harvest finale, use only the Assault Rifle and the Molotovs from the top of the barn. (3)

Cinematic: Stay at the beginning of the Dead Air Finale until the plane crash is completely finished. (1)

For Whom the Bells Toll: Kill more than 1,000 Infected on Death Toll individually. (6)

Cr0wning Glory: Kill two Witches or more in one shot on a single map. (3)

A Good Job Mate: Reach 10,000 kills with the Hunting Rifle. (6)

Full Campaign Challenges

Akimbo Assassin Part 2: The Quickening: Survive an entire campaign using only pistols and no grenade weapons. (2)

Akimbo Assassin Part 3: Ambidexterity Lost: Survive an entire campaign using only one pistol and no grenade weapons. (6)

Akimbo Assassin Part 4: Electric Boogaloo: Survive an entire campaign where all Survivors use only one pistol. (8)

Akimbo Assassin Part 5: What Are You Trying To Prove?: Survive all four official campaigns where all Survivors use only one pistol. (9)

Chucking Hand Grenades Kiddo: Survive an entire campaign using only grenade weapons. (7)

Didn’t Take the Hint: Survive an entire campaign where you are the only player. (10)

Checkpoint!: Survive an entire campaign only using the ammo stacks, first aid kits and weapons found in the safe rooms. (5)

The Static Age: Survive an entire campaign using only the items found at the start. (7)

Common Knowledge: Take no damage from the Common Infected for an entire campaign. (10)

Bossbusters 1: Beat all Tanks or Witches in a campaign without any Survivor being damaged by them. (4)

Bossbusters 2: Beat all Tanks and Witches in a campaign without any Survivor being damaged by them. (7)

Bossbusters 3: Complete all four campaigns where no survivor takes damage from a Tank or Witch. (9)

Which Game Is This Again?: Survive an entire campaign where three Survivors only use their primary guns and pistols, and the fourth only uses first aid kits to heal. (6)

Survivor M.D.: Survive an entire campaign where pain pills are used as soon as they’re picked up. (4)

First Gunner: Survive an entire campaign only using your primary weapon. (3)

Gun Crazed: Complete an entire chapter while referring to your primary gun by a female name. You’re not allowed Vera or Charlene. (2)

I Ain’t Afraid Of No Tank: Kill two or more Tanks singlehandedly over the course of a campaign. (5)

All for One, One for All: Survive a campaign on Expert where no Survivors die and everyone escapes. (8)

The Nakama: Survive all four campaigns on Expert where no Survivors die and everyone escapes. (9)

Samuel: Survive a campaign with the game muted at all times. (2)

Versus

Economic Boomer: Vomit on Survivors 12 times or more in a single life. (5)

The Huntsman: Deal 1000 damage to the Survivors as a Hunter in a single round. (7)

Nipping Out For a Quick Smoke, I May Be Some Time: Kill a Survivor with more than 80 health in one attack without taking any damage as a Smoker. (9)

Long Life Undead: Achieve an average time of 2 minutes alive with any Special Infected. (4)

Land of 10,000 Frags: Have the cumulative total of all Survivors pounced, slimed, caught with tongue and hit with rock throw be 10,000 or greater. (7)

First Grade Knowledge: As a Tank, run into water to remove the fire effect. (4)

Against All Odds: Make it to the safe room as a Survivor as the only human player against four other players. (7)

Survival

Honour Before Reason 1: Achieve a bronze medal time on all official Survivor maps without using bugs. (2)

Honour Before Reason 2: Achieve a silver medal time on all official Survivor maps without using bugs. (5)

Honor Before Reason 3: Achieve a gold medal time on all official Survivor maps without using bugs. (8)

Survivalism: Last 20 minutes or more on an official Survivor map without using bugs. (9)

Live By The Side of the Sea: Last more than 20 minutes on the Last Stand Survival map without bugs. (9)

Clarification Notes

Getting Akimbo Assassin Part 3 also gives you Part 2.

Bossbusters 2 also gives you 1.

Outrun the Bolder 2 also gives you 1.

For Economical Boomer, you must wait for the vomit to completely fade before you can slime them again. Sliming them by exploding also counts towards this.

For Unstoppable Rage, you only have to do it singlehandly from the time it kills the Survivor. Before that everyone can attack it.

Yes, Didn’t Take the Hint is possible. Here's a guide for how. (http://www.gamefaqs.com/computer/doswin/file/937406/55980)

For The Static Age, this restricts you to only having your primary weapon, one pistol and a health kit for the entire campaign. Nobody else can heal you or pass you pain pills either.

For Which Game Is This Again?, pain pills and grenades are forbidden for everyone. The minigun is allowed, but only one person may use it through the entire game.

Long Life Undead, Land of 10,000 Frags and A Good Job Mate all rely on the system used by Steam to keep track of these statistics. I don’t know if the Xbox 360 version tracks these.

Suffer Not a Witch to Live has no score. This is just because I’ve never seen it done, so can’t gauge its difficulty. Anyone who can tell me how hard this is would be very awesome.

While Rome Burns requires to press E constantly from the zombie cry at the beginning to the bell breaking down at the end. You may not fire or do anything to help out the team.

And there we have it. I’ve tried to make all of these interesting and fun to do, so feedback is much appreciated. Now get out there and make those zombies wonder what the hell you're doing.

Optimystik
2009-08-28, 09:18 AM
Love the names. How long did it take you to make this list? :smallsmile:

Dread Cthulhu
2009-08-28, 09:26 AM
Love the names. How long did it take you to make this list? :smallsmile:

Thanks. And a couple of weeks, on and off. Started out with all the Akimbo Assassin ones and went from there.

Hermit
2009-08-28, 01:59 PM
Might be possible to track at least some of these with a server-side sourcemod plugin. You would, of course, need a L4D dedicated server, Sourcemod, and someone to write the plugin :p.

Some of these are awesome achievements, though. Especially "While Rome Burns".

Stormthorn
2009-08-28, 10:04 PM
I actually already did While Rome Burns once.

Cr0wning Glory: Kill two Witches or more in one shot on a single map. (3)

As in Crown two witches in one map or Crown two witches witha single bullet on one map?

The Nakama: Survive all four campaigns on Expert where no Survivors die and everyone escapes. (9)

I have never heard of such a thing being done. Most people dont even have What Are You Trying To Prove. Let alone all four back-to-back with everyone surviving every single map.

Tank Tapper: Kill a Tank with a melee attack. (8)
Having seen an attempt to finish a Tank off with melee i dont think this is possible. Well...i will admit it might be. The guys i was with gav eup after five minutes of banging on the glitched Tank.

For Economical Boomer, you must wait for the vomit to completely fade before you can slime them again. Sliming them by exploding also counts towards this.
That note probably isnt needed. Last time i played the vomit cleared WAAAAAY faster than your attack reset.

Rutskarn
2009-08-28, 10:31 PM
I don't have What Are You Trying To Prove because it keeps randomly erasing my completion data, dammit. Otherwise I'd be all up ins.

Also, I have all Survival achievements except the 20 mins on Lighthouse. I stopped after about 15 mins.

Stormthorn
2009-08-28, 10:54 PM
I don't have What Are You Trying To Prove because it keeps randomly erasing my completion data, dammit. Otherwise I'd be all up ins.

Also, I have all Survival achievements except the 20 mins on Lighthouse. I stopped after about 15 mins.

You sir are badass. My first ever survival attempt i only made it like 2 minutes. I found that playing online only slightly increased my survival time to perhaps 4 minutes.

The toughest things i have managed were the Stomach Upset, Unbreakable, and Man VS Tank. Especialy that last one since i did it with 3 NPC allies who have no respect for my attempts to kill the tank without them interfering.

Rutskarn
2009-08-28, 11:10 PM
Lemme say this: I didn't get those achievements via the stylings of pub servers. The Twenty Sided crowd gets things done.

Stormthorn
2009-08-29, 12:29 AM
Lemme say this: I didn't get those achievements via the stylings of pub servers. The Twenty Sided crowd gets things done.

I play 360. If i want pro players i would have to find them and friend them rather than jump in a server labeled "Only cool dudes"

Of course, the best i can do solo (well, with three bots) is Advanced. So i would probably be a burden to an Expert team.

Rutskarn
2009-08-29, 12:41 AM
I play 360. If i want pro players i would have to find them and friend them rather than jump in a server labeled "Only cool dudes"

Of course, the best i can do solo (well, with three bots) is Advanced. So i would probably be a burden to an Expert team.

It's less that we're pro players (we're really not) and more that we communicate, take a minute to plan things out, and aren't afraid to stick with it for a few minutes and try a bunch of different approaches until we hit on the winning strategy.

Survival mode is 25% acquitting yourself well and 75% finding the right spot.

Dread Cthulhu
2009-08-29, 02:09 AM
As in Crown two witches in one map or Crown two witches witha single bullet on one map?

Two witches on one map. I don't want to think about what kind of horrific luck you'd need to be in a position to do the later.

I have never heard of such a thing being done. Most people dont even have What Are You Trying To Prove. Let alone all four back-to-back with everyone surviving every single map.

Not back-to-back. You don't have to do What Are You Trying To Prove back-to-back, do you?

Having seen an attempt to finish a Tank off with melee i dont think this is possible. Well...i will admit it might be. The guys i was with gav eup after five minutes of banging on the glitched Tank.

Huh. It seemed like it would be possible. I guess the Tank might just be immune to melee damage.

That note probably isnt needed. Last time i played the vomit cleared WAAAAAY faster than your attack reset.

True, but it was more referring to vomiting on people and then exploding on them a second later.

Lord Herman
2009-08-29, 02:39 AM
Don’t Blow It: Do not ignite the petrol station in No Mercy. (1)

A lot of those achievements are pretty hard, but this one's just plain impossible.

Pie Guy
2009-08-29, 10:20 PM
A lot of those achievements are pretty hard, but this one's just plain impossible.

Funny thing, I never had anyone blow it up until my forth or fifth playthrough.

Dread Cthulhu
2009-08-30, 02:02 AM
Funny thing, I never had anyone blow it up until my forth or fifth playthrough.

You must literally be the only one ever. Normally when I play through I set it off deliberately first chance I get.

Rutskarn
2009-08-30, 09:59 AM
A couple things, though: water doesn't actually extinguish the tank, it just stops the flame decals from appearing. Also, the one for killing a witch after it's killed a teammate is easy, since they won't fight any survivors after they attack the first one.

ObadiahtheSlim
2009-08-30, 12:08 PM
I know for a fact I've done "Rush ‘Em On." I think I did all of Dead Air in under 20 minutes.
Done Team Mom many times to burn the extra medkits we got.
Also done
First Grade Knowledge
Stop Healing Yourself
Tanks Door (in Verus, tank spawned before we started and he caught himself on fire lol.)
Outrun the Bolder 1 and 2 (done when we rushed Dead Air)
Cr0wning Glory
Nipping Out For a Quick Smoke, I May Be Some Time (maybe, not clue how many HP he had)

So I guess that is 39.

ZeroNumerous
2009-08-30, 01:36 PM
I didn't even know you could blow up that gas station.. I gotta try that now.

I've done Akimbo Assassin 1 and 2. The pistol is actually my favorite weapon.

Stormthorn
2009-08-30, 11:07 PM

Es-pecialy if a witch happens to spawn under it.
:smallbiggrin:

take a minute to plan things out,
Once i got a team of random dudes online to chill out for a few minutes. The end result was that we got by a witch that the game had path-spawned on us without startling her. Only once.

How about one for surviving a segment of a VS campaign 1 (with bots, since you cant boot them on XBOX which i play) VS 4.

I did that once. It wasnt pretty. But i got through AND i got all three bots through. Of course, the next map was finale and i got creamed on thag one.

And i wa sonce lucky enough to have two witches spawn where i could stand in one place and see both of them, but not so that i could shoot both with one bullet.

Dread Cthulhu
2009-08-31, 03:52 PM
Right. First Grade Knowledge's been changed to allow for the groundbreaking revelation that Left 4 Dead is less advanced than I thought. Unstoppable Rage has been altered to killing a Tank singlehanded, but on any difficulty. I took out Tank Tapper since it seems impossible, and I've replaced it with a new achievement under Full Campaign. And a far easier one at that. At Stormthorn's suggestion I've also added in Against All Odds.

Winthur
2009-08-31, 04:56 PM
Survivor M.D.: Survive an entire campaign where pain pills are used as soon as they’re picked up. (4)

Hahahahahahahaha!!!! :smallbiggrin:

Although as I recall, it's impossible to melee a Tank because he's immune to it.

Dread Cthulhu
2009-09-01, 04:59 PM
Yep. That's why I removed that one. :smalltongue: