PDA

View Full Version : Shadowcraft Wu Jen?

OverdrivePrime
2009-08-28, 01:21 PM
Alright, my lack of encyclopedic rules knowledge is once again gnawing on my hindquarters. Unsatisfied at my attempts at creating an ungimped TOB gish, I'm trying for a full spellcaster - a version of the killer gnome.

It dawned on me that the Wu Jen's Spell Secret class ability would be perfect for the Kill Gnome's reliance on Silent Image, particularly in combination with the SCM's Silent Illusion benefit.

So, of course I've run into a problem. (of course!)
As far as I can tell, the Wu Jen doesn't have any Illusion (Shadow) spells on its spell list that are higher than 2nd level. Are there any and I'm just horribly missing them?

Can I use Earth Spell / Heighten Spell cheese to qualify for Shadowcraft Mage by heightening Wall of Gloom?

Would a reasonable DM allow me to research a shadow spell from the wizard list and qualify that way?

Thanks once again for lending your brains!

Oh yeah - here's my Shadowcraft Bride Of the Wu Tang (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=149888). I'd love to hear what you think, but keep in mind that I don't have access to any of the Forgotten Realms books. Thanks!

Optimystik
2009-08-28, 01:23 PM
Would a reasonable DM allow me to research a shadow spell from the wizard list and qualify that way?

Ask your DM :smalltongue:

For the rest, Wu-Jen is not my strong suit.

Starbuck_II
2009-08-28, 01:30 PM
Well, the chick is hot at least.

No Snake Darts? I thought was the best Wu Jen spell.
A Save and suck spell.
Plus, it deals damage (auto hits) and Con damage. 1 minute later more Con damage (if battle lasts 10 rds).

ers, the Flavor text doesn't let you cast twice in same round because you need to eat the snake again, but still decent.

OverdrivePrime
2009-08-28, 01:40 PM
Ask your DM :smalltongue:

I would, but he's been offline for a week. :smallsigh:

quick_comment
2009-08-28, 01:42 PM
You can get an illusion(shadow) spell higher than 2nd level on the wu jen list by using heighten spell on wall of gloom.

Darrin
2009-08-28, 06:23 PM
So, of course I've run into a problem. (of course!)
As far as I can tell, the Wu Jen doesn't have any Illusion (Shadow) spells on its spell list that are higher than 2nd level. Are there any and I'm just horribly missing them?

Hmm. Alacritous Cogitation + Penumbra Bloodline can get you Shadow Evocation and Shadow Walk added to your Known Spells, but those are probably higher level than you need... Versatile Spellcaster would work if you had two 4th level slots to cast Shadow Evocation.

What you really need is Arcane Disciple, and take the Shadow domain from the Eberron Campaign Setting. That gets you all the Shadow spells you need. Unfortunately, you can only cast those domain spells once per day per level.

Another option might be going into a PrC with Advanced/Eclectic Learning, such as Lyric Thaumaturge or Wyrm Wizard.

Can I use Earth Spell / Heighten Spell cheese to qualify for Shadowcraft Mage by heightening Wall of Gloom?

Yes, although Illumian + Improved Sigil: Krau might be more expedient.