PDA

View Full Version : Leader build

oxinabox
2009-08-29, 07:59 AM
So back to fiddleing with a leader build.
Inspired by what i was working on in the Gnoll B-Queen Thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=123040)

building at lvl 12 (so as i'm not tempted to kill of my current pc to play it :smalltongue:)

Dwarf +2 Con, -2 Cha, (cos a dwarf bard amuses me)
Marshal 2/Bard 2/Warchief 6
Instrument: Marching drum or bugle

warchief lvls give me +4 Cha.

Let's assume for Purposes of this thread I can get he dm to allow me to use tribal frezy on the party (who are proably not member's of my race or tribe)

The main downside with this build the above assumption.
is there another Cha boosting class?

woodenbandman
2009-08-29, 11:36 AM
no. No there is not.

If you just want to have boosted charisma CHECKS, check out the Nymph's Kiss feat from BoED. You might also try asking the DM for making a paragon class for you, but that's homebrew.

You might further check out some templates, but it's hard to acquire templates and you need to take on a level adjustment.

Other than that your build is pretty good. I assume you know all about the inspire courage maximization? A 6th level bard can get a +8 to his inspire courage. 6th level is only required for the qualification of Words of Creation, and being a dwarf that might actually be right up your alley.

EDIT: You know, actually, you might want to check out a few of these classes: Honorable Dread Pirate (Complete Adventurer), and the book Heroes of Battle. Stormwrack also has Legendary Commander (or captain), which is perfect for a leader, and those could all be reflavored to work on members of your squad rather than members of your ship's crew.