PDA

View Full Version : Lost in translation (not the movie)

Chas the mage
2009-08-29, 02:29 PM
My brother showed me this website (http://tashian.com/perl/translate-babel.cgi). It puts things into another language with seriously bad translation and then turns it back to english again, several times, so it degrades with each translation. When it comes out several translations later, it makes absolutely no sense.

this post translated to:

My video of the east brother Web site in me. This material of the installation with the serious conversion of the false, inner use of the return English and the diverse ones determines the wheels, for the second time, therefore the shutdowns of the period of diverse language, ridurrsi turned. Then, more ahead those many conversions, to go like new, given do not form solidity, they do not control.

Fredthefighter
2009-08-29, 02:33 PM
Wow. I put in "Die in a fire, you wretched hive of scum and villainy!".

Here's what I got:
In a fire you die deficient Bienenstock of the Abschaums and the vileness.

Hmmmm. Very strange.

But the question is: Why did someone make this site? :smallconfused: It serves no purpose.

raitalin
2009-08-29, 02:46 PM
Things on the internet have to serve a purpose? Someone needs to inform Livejournal and MySpace!

Ripped Shirt Kirk
2009-08-29, 02:54 PM
I know what we can use this for! We can decode messages that other people say! THEY ARE ALL WATCHING US!

DON'T LET THEM ACTIVE THE CODE WORDS!

Which roughly translates to this: I know for, what we can use this! We can decode the messages, this tenth to the other people! IT IS ALL THE USA OF THE COMMENTARY!

Trog
2009-08-29, 03:05 PM
I recommend that the rest of the beginning is only answered, if uses in the first lost place in the service of translation. :smallamused:

Etcetera
2009-08-29, 03:13 PM
Hello translates to Wave!
Oh dear.
Hello means ¡Olá! but Olá also means wave?
Now if only there was some way to disguise it as an ordinary translator. I like the fig von Newton bit though.

Prime32
2009-08-29, 03:17 PM
See also this: http://www.translationparty.com/

It translates things into Japanese and back again until the translation stops changing. Sometimes you get infinite loops.

ColonelFuster
2009-08-29, 03:20 PM
"I just met my soul mate" translates into "I also found the average of the companions of the interior."

:smalleek:

This is what a robot would say....

Etcetera
2009-08-29, 03:33 PM
Just put a short paragraph from a recruiting thread in.
It's still running and has changed something to reptiles:smallconfused:

Castaras
2009-08-29, 03:33 PM
"The first elephant climbed through the potion bottle and then she exclaimed with agony because the sudoku was upside down. "

became

"It is if it crosses the first elephant, of that one the diverse bottle close catch ons, because the conversion is sudoku, therefore the extreme pain."

"I like pie"

became

"Gradico the field."

O.o

My brother is named Mark:

"Mark is silly." - "We marked ourselves we are stupid."

"The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog."
"The brown express of vixen of ramifies in the dog I take."

Mauve Shirt
2009-08-29, 03:43 PM
The introduction of the forum rules. Kinda big.

"The equipment of employees of the Web site for GitP would appreciate that our community of the tribune in the name is Burlew sufficiently (the giant) to adapt, propietary of the places. The end to guarantee all the passages without unblocking, we requested the connection the rules of a series and ciascuna of the directional traverses of direction therefore next to announces. Lee who request with the attention and follows-lheos! It___ll is many simpler for all, if you foretell. You' in nascent you it Lee who requests with the attention. You' the fifth summers the one moment, chosen request here with the attention - some rules modified old and in all new one it had been. You observe that request that the equipment of employees of the giant in the tribune of the cuts of the reserve of the game the right to bring the modifications to the rules of the signal in agreement with the requirement without the introductory opinion. Since we found the new situations, this we updated them these rules, the end to be guaranteed that we return them we cancelled to enter available for everything, than, that he interests in this tribune which we are understanding."

Etcetera
2009-08-29, 03:44 PM
I like "the tribune in the name of Burlew"

Also, who's Lee?

ColonelFuster
2009-08-29, 03:52 PM
The question is: Why did someone make this site? :smallconfused: It serves no purpose.

http://www.jonathangiles.net/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/2361866387_4bdb08a481.jpg

Fredthefighter
2009-08-29, 03:57 PM
http://www.jonathangiles.net/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/2361866387_4bdb08a481.jpg

Woah. Just woah.

Reminds of that Iron Man parody, Irod Bad.

And Iron Man flew through the sky. And he was all like "woah", and then he was like "woah", and then he was all woah, and then he went "woah".

TRM
2009-08-29, 04:15 PM
Woah. Just woah.

Reminds of that Iron Man parody, Irod Bad.

And Iron Man flew through the sky. And he was all like "woah", and then he was like "woah", and then he was all woah, and then he went "woah".
In other words,

And flown Eisenmann of the sky. And it was like " woah" and then it was like " woah" and then all the was woah and has then " GONE; woah".

Which brings us to: "My name is Inigo Montoya, you killed my father, prepare to die."

Resulting in: My name is Íñigo Montoya. They had finished to the average father. It is prepared before if the same death.

The famous words of Obi-Wan Kenobi were less exciting. "That's no moon... it's a space station!" turns into:

"That' S no moon… it' S a space station!"

Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll
2009-08-29, 04:41 PM
Just for fun, picked some random songs and put a chosen piece of lyric through. It was, uh, interesting.

1. Sweet Divinity - Jah Wobble: I never thought about whom you said these words, next to which I said rapsodia in the blue one, of what, you I you demand the direction of them that his lasci of Liebkosung such I renaty the spirit santo
Original lyrics: I never ever thought I'd say
these words that I say to you
a rapsody in blue
You'll want sense your caress
leaves me heavenly
such a renaty
2. Out of the Blue - Roxy Music: Ene of the return of much interrupted fog is the blue one concerned the locally certain eyes to the soffit of its ivory and it is devastated
Original Lyrics: Pale blue eyes
Gazing down
From your ivory tower
Through the haze
All broken and bruised
3. New Generation - Suede: And from all the boys in all the cities I taking the poison, the tolerance of seizure, but and the I, to discover-we who soon compressed to us would take they, the end to be
Original lyrics: And like all the boys in all the cities
I take the poison, take the pity
But she and I, we soon discovered
we would take the pills to find each other
4. Substitute - Sex Pistols: But they are a substitute for the other types, this one that I consider little to a large extent, but my jumps are the things, that are highly simple everything, are with the difficulty that I consider the young person sufficiently, antedated simply, yes
Original Lyrics:
But I'm a substitute for another guy
I look pretty tall but my heels are high
simple things are all complicated
I look pretty young, I'm just back-dated, yeah
5. Find the Rhythm of Your Love - Antony and the Johnsons: The life my length in the line between the twilight and Los Angeles, of which they are of the cruzado structures, you for me and bisbiglivi to her my individual, that goddess the great force always passed of the Rumblings like mountains of the amount of butter
Original Lyrics: I live my life on the line between darkness
And borderlined angels hold me and whisper my self loathing
Great force of everlast rumbles like churning mountains
6. How Does That Grab You, Darlin' - Nancy Sinatra: If the sun is and the moon downwards, that one that I exceed, goes and to the vagueamento. Oh already! One does not go ahead with the glance of his cat of the cat, the causes that are not nobody here like! Whoa! How does this catch him considered? How does this dirt, have its alcohol? How does this catch him considered? This girl leaves it.
Original Lyrics: When the sun goes down and the moon comes up I'm gonna go out and
prowl..Oh ya! Don't come lookin' for your ***** cat, cause I won't be here
no how! Whoa! How does that grab you darlin'?
How does that mess your mind?
How does that grab you darlin'?
This girl is leavin' you behind.
7. Wake Up - Rage Against The Machine: We go, nevertheless you that we tried, you to criticize never Lee to him needle, I not always stops to move it poetic radical
Original Lyrics:
Come on, although ya try to discredit
Ya still never read it
The needle, I'll thread it
Radically poetic
8. Long Time Jerk - Clash: When the night and the luminous hand of the trees, this girl to dance, of which it was my eye inside according to the needs of the tape, shone in the order that plays an impact
Original Lyrics:
As they were dancing in the evening
And the light shone through the trees
This girl my eye was following
Asked the band to play her a beat
9. Wanderlust - Bjork:I leave east narrow channel, thunder of the city goodbye. Their inhabitants seem too acute in God that cannot in its rights and erroneous battery of discs.
Original lyrics:I am leaving this harbour,
Giving urban a farewell.
Its habitants seem too keen on God
I cannot stomach their rights and wrong.
10. Some Riot - Elbow: Does a friend with me have the increase in seins much more, until all the around the returns he, cannot a movement more tuna and, the disturbance that begins the noble flashings, what my friend that is to say, the end to control proven?
Original Lyrics: A friend of mine grows his very own brambles
they twist all around him till he cant' move
beautiful, quivering, chivalrous shambles
what is my friend trying to prove?

And then, I did a famous quote through Translation Party. See if you know the one! "Other measures to continue the war and politics."

Etcetera
2009-08-29, 04:43 PM
"War is merely a continuation of politics through other means."
They have that up on the wall of my history classroom, but I still had to look it up.

Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll
2009-08-29, 04:56 PM
One more and then I'm done. How about this one from Translation Party: All wars have a Dodge.

Etcetera
2009-08-29, 05:07 PM
You've got me there. No idea.:smallfrown:

The Dark Fiddler
2009-08-29, 05:32 PM
First part of Still Alive becomes:

It was a triumph. I' m., than has celebrity here: enormous event. It' Hard of S to exaggerate my satisfaction. Science of the opening. We do, what we must, because we can. Well-being of the A the whole we. It excluded, of that dies. Pero there' S no direction, than in each error crosses. They also continue controlling ' until you not to agglutinate the lack. The science of the alcangada one of and doing and you make a requested injector, for the people, who are still alive.

Edit: If I include Japanese, Chinese, and Korean, I get

It is the Victory. I' The celebrity has the M here.: Enormous event. It' If ours they exaggerated my degree of serious science of the number of restocking of the use of satisfaction S. that we are possible, the executions are transformed inside with ours into these. Of him they are our wave. The apprehension those is exceptional. Pero there' All the false sensitivity in Sie screaied the S. does not control ' and it does not continue correctly; Until the transferences of cakies. And one always finishes is the fit one in the universal science of the action, the team of employees, its injector of made the edge.

Etcetera
2009-08-29, 05:37 PM
Pero? What does that mean?
Science of the opening is a reasonable translation, but just doesn't work...

Cobra_Ikari
2009-08-29, 05:38 PM
Pero = but.

This is fun. Would be good for RP-ing translating a language the person doesn't speak well. >.>

SinisterPenguin
2009-08-29, 05:40 PM
First part of Still Alive becomes:

It was a triumph. I' m., than has celebrity here: enormous event. It' Hard of S to exaggerate my satisfaction. Science of the opening. We do, what we must, because we can. Well-being of the A the whole we. It excluded, of that dies. Pero there' S no direction, than in each error crosses. They also continue controlling ' until you not to agglutinate the lack. The science of the alcangada one of and doing and you make a requested injector, for the people, who are still alive.

Edit: If I include Japanese, Chinese, and Korean, I get

It is the Victory. I' The celebrity has the M here.: Enormous event. It' If ours they exaggerated my degree of serious science of the number of restocking of the use of satisfaction S. that we are possible, the executions are transformed inside with ours into these. Of him they are our wave. The apprehension those is exceptional. Pero there' All the false sensitivity in Sie screaied the S. does not control ' and it does not continue correctly; Until the transferences of cakies. And one always finishes is the fit one in the universal science of the action, the team of employees, its injector of made the edge.

The first part of Chiron Beta Prime (http://www.jonathancoulton.com/songdetails/Chiron%20Beta%20Prime) becomes:

This year was a one seriously small one of the alcohol for the other ONS. We can be called still we have had the year past certain problem. The consultation of the robot left for announcing public us with an asteroid. This hasn___t placed a deflection our agreement of the festivals. And we almost know Christmas of the small indicators of it___s, of which we do in the wall. Our preferential time and That___s of.

This site is excellent.

Cobra_Ikari
2009-08-29, 05:47 PM
>.>

A history in the method is whole now, where my length he backround of alcanga given return and I' D can take a very small Reposez here, this that you you correct good I' ll that indicates that I have the prince I returned from city, that was called Bel Air inside to the western Philadelphia, of that one is constant and in her it cuts of the game is increased all the possible escape, where it has the connection is the majority of my days of Refroidissement I gave to Maxing, the diminution and everything, of what certain B-ball beyond the project of the school, when two or three types, that they were, the work-trapunta with the good problem of the manufacture in proximity of the mine who I will begin, in a small matrix of the alcangada one of the fight and the mine, scared said that ' they he they receive; You' Straight of the address of the movement with its aunt and uncle in the Bel Air ' I after it demands and it radiates in the preference with day the day, but my stock market battery of discs and in my distance, that it emits to me, gave a kiss me and then it has given card them. I activated mediates them of walkman and I said, ' It could also give of soccer it'. The first class, I this is false juice of the potable orange of the glass of champagne. He is gradice, of what people of the alive character of the attention that ventilates? Hmmmmm of this could have been good. But I left to an attempt they' to the sensation; he is this all relative one of the way of the manifestation, came the character he air he attention the type from the station he the work, that this fresh cat emits? Don' T thinks I' therefore; you see ll, when I wait for that here they' that he arrives; Good preparatory of right for prince Bon Caractère of air of attention, of which of the surface taken from the program and since it was, it was a type, that has the somigliato to a CENTRAL LINE of ROTATION, of what shutdowns I here with my external name of ain' T that the end to proven to alcangar interrupted received me there was dew to me also here is with honorarium like screw of lightning, whistled disappeared car and when he vetoes following, indicated this card of the registry of the recent excess and that stampini in the mirror if something that I can say this car, he is very rare, but you thought ' Now he forgets it' - ' Quarters from I to the Bel Air ' That they are approximately lost to the end to contain 7, or 8 and I shouted with this cabbie ' Also already of RichtungsYo later' of the scent; He considered my kingdom, of which he was here in the past, the end still to participate in my throne like prince of the Bel Air

The Dark Fiddler
2009-08-29, 05:55 PM
The first 10 things Mr Welch can no longer do in an RPG become:

1. It has with the character with Who' the separation, the one that is based on the function, he is the impossible one; Kith of raquet of the month of 1 personal distance S. -
2. are not dae (automatic device of the information entrance) of the advisable musician.
3. Without of the material resources, God of the supposition is dedicated.
4. ' mines the seventh transport of the sea of Boudreaux is not the character; Southern' Montaigne.
5. One moves with is the impossible one to define to the special technology 1pt of the situation my technology, the end to be burned of the piece further on totally.
6. The situation lowers the urgency, the extremity with the synchronization that is the advisable method.
7. With nonlo of the use it defines the end to execute the subordinate power of the interior of the card of the registry.
8. For the book he is not useful to cook winds of the north of the simulation. 9. Mine monk' They synchronize, the end correctly to execute the edge of the tenth S., because my character and German can speak to me approximately, doesn' Food of the case half GR. of the T. it is.

Apparantly, 10 became 'the tenth S.' *shrugs*

Elm11
2009-08-29, 08:52 PM
"Mary had a little lamb, a little lamb, a little lamb" Became:
"Mary Lamb, Lamb, Sheep"

Awwwwwwww yeah :smalltongue:

Strawman
2009-08-29, 09:26 PM
I started off weird to give the program a boost.

Crazy fights the monkey!

becomes

The hammer to release the fall fights to the patient of the alcohol!

But my favorite was only two translations in - Spirit patient fights the drop hammer!

rubakhin
2009-08-29, 10:10 PM
Sing to the Motherland, home of the free,
Bulwark of people, in brotherhood strong!
Oh! Party of Lenin! The strength of the people.
To Communism's triumph lead us on!

became

The songs have taste of the native track, marries of the free one, Part of RAM of people, in shinbone hard of the brother! Ah! Part of Lénine! The force of people. In Communism' the triumph of S would totally direct us in the function!

(Totally!)

Keld Denar
2009-08-29, 10:12 PM
From V for Vendeta:

Voilà! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of Fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished. However, this valorous visitation of a bygone vexation stands vivified and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin vanguarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition! The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous. Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose, so let me simply add that it's my very good honor to meet you and you may call me "V".

Becomes:

Voil! In sight, in a modest veteran who consists by the Vaudevillian it defines as the victim and in a gangster of inconsistantnesses of the destiny. This forehead, empty nobody, populi of the track now are a voice, lacking simply the cover for the vanity. Despite this valiant visit of the past uproar it is interrupted has the vivificato and, because sormontare this venale Vanguarding and attribution of the virulent one of violentemente begun of viceones and the infraction, from that comes from the one-disposition of the will and insaciável from the bad one! The unique declaration of the judgment is revenge; faida, of that is interrupted in vain, for the value and a truth so of a day, as the votive one, does not defend careful and honest. This natural one of Vichy of wordiness of gesprächigeres of transferences really, simply adds then for vacation this it' S my honor, of that you he you are the very good one to be and can I " of the atendimentos; V".

Chas the mage
2009-08-29, 10:37 PM
Epic. win.