PDA

View Full Version : Tired of having my stuff stolen

Korivan
2009-08-29, 03:51 PM
We've all been there. Had the DM steal some stuff off us, or a fellow player passes notes to the DM explaining how he/she is pilfering our stuff. Anyways, this is about protecting your gear. Specifically, I'm looking to protect my bag of holding while I wonder the streets of a city. I've thought about alarm/greater alarm, but I don't want to risk a character getting away with a screaming bag, or left empty handed with an alarm screaming in my head.
Idealy, I'd like to have something to
A) Help prevent the bag from being stolen in the first place.
B) Prevent/discourage bags/backpacks from being slit open
C) Something to harm/deal non-leathal damage to those who want to put thier grubby hands on my stuff.
D) A way to keep the bags/backpacks from opening for anybody else but me.

Anybody else got any ideas or experiences with this?

Myrmex
2009-08-29, 03:52 PM
And here I was thinking your DM was taking your dice or lifting cash from your house when you weren't paying attention.

:smallconfused:

Umael
2009-08-29, 03:53 PM
Replace your bag of holding with a bag of devouring.

Put your viper familiar in your bag.

Use glyph of warding on the opening to your pouch.

Mastikator
2009-08-29, 03:55 PM
Put stuff in a steel chest, lock the chest. Carry the chest.

Kallisti
2009-08-29, 03:56 PM
This solution might be just a little expensive, but it works:
First, buy a spiked shield with a hidden compartment inside (I believe there are rules for that in the Arms and Equipment Guide.)
Then, buy an Eternal Wand of Absorb Weapon (This is the expensive part...)
Put your valuables in the Bag of Holding and the Bag of Holding in the spiked shield.
Spiked shields are weapons as well as shields. Absorb weapon.

Or, Leomund's Secret Chest. But the first way is more awesome.

Mongoose87
2009-08-29, 03:57 PM
Kill the rogue. He's a jerk, anyways.

Fax Celestis
2009-08-29, 03:59 PM
Get a Packmate homonculus. Trust me. Anyone who's ever read the Discworld books are damn scared of those things.

http://www.wizards.com/dnd/images/moe_gallery/91497.jpg
That's it on the right.

PLUN
2009-08-29, 04:02 PM
If my party thief is keen on using their stealing specialities on my, then I assume this is a game where using your talents on fellow party members is fair game.

I tie bells to my stuff, fill my chest to the brink with water or one of the other half dozen ways to foil thievery and show the thief my talents. Which are likely murder.

RelentlessImp
2009-08-29, 04:04 PM
For nighttime excursions: Rope Trick. You, yourself, and you go up into the extradimensional space with all your gear, pull the rope up. Tada. No more rogue pilfering your stuff in the middle of the night.

For daytime excursions: The good old bag of holding->bag of devouring works, though if your DM is dense he won't even consider the possibility of them grabbing the wrong bag.

Cast Arcane Mark on every piece of your gear and use Detect Magic to track it down - and then Enervation the person who stole it into non-existence. Eventually, they'll get the point. Yes, enervation them into non-existence even if they're your party members - especially if they're your party members. Let the party know you're not going to put up with that inter-party stealing crap. Works best for a Lawful Evil/Neutral Evil character, though. I did it once and wound up party leader for a mostly CE party, since I was the only person willing to threaten everyone else and had the means to get away with it. The inter-party thievery cut down in all subsequent games after that, though.

Shademan
2009-08-29, 04:05 PM
put all your stuff in a bag of holding and tie it to your balls

Faleldir
2009-08-29, 04:12 PM
Or an ass of holding. (http://www.enworld.org/forum/2539869-post44.html)

Foryn Gilnith
2009-08-29, 04:15 PM

Social taboos are quite effective. Few people are willing to reach into somebody's groin for a quick buck.

Korivan
2009-08-29, 04:19 PM

:smalleek::smallconfused::smallsmile::smallamused:

But seriously, thank you. Like the idea with the absorbing the shield. I'm usualy a caster, so well within my abilities I'm sure. I rarely have found a bag of devouring, but now I want one. Not sure where the Packmate homonculus is found though. The steel chest is out, I don't tend to have the stength.

Foryn Gilnith
2009-08-29, 04:21 PM
Packmate is a special homunculus from Magic of Eberron. You can always get an unseen servant or a gentle repose-preserved zombie (so it looks normal) or something to carry the chest.

Shadow_Elf
2009-08-29, 04:22 PM
Label your bag with Explosive Runes. Then just always have Fire Shield or Resist Fire on, and you're good!

Grumman
2009-08-29, 04:27 PM
How about casting Overland Flight on yourself? They can't steal what they can't reach, and anyone trying to "accidentally" bump into you is going to be rather obvious when you're twenty feet off the ground.

UserClone
2009-08-29, 04:41 PM

DUDE, pretty vulgar and inappropriate. I'd prefer if you didn't.:smallannoyed:

Label your bag with Explosive Runes. Then just always have Fire Shield or Resist Fire on, and you're good!

That wouldn't help you, actually, since the runes' damage is [force].:smallwink:

And actually, this thread reminds me of when we had a new-ish member in my (then) group, and he wanted to DM, so I lent him several books (maybe eight) and subsequently never saw him again. One of them was even a recent Christmas present from my (then) fiancee. What a jerk.:smallfrown:

John Campbell
2009-08-29, 04:43 PM
We had a newbie, a kid, join our game who decided to play a halfling (All halflings are thieving scum.) rogue, and had the fairly common newbie misapprehensions that: a) "Rogue" necessarily means "thief"; b) "Thief" necessarily means "kleptomaniac"; and c) The party is an appropriate target for said kleptomania.

I'm playing a Fighter/Urban Ranger/Rogue... read: "Guild thug/boxman who decided on a minor career change when town got too hot".

I caught him stealing from one of the other party members, and proceeded to: a) Lift the stolen goods off him without him catching me and hand them back to their rightful owner; and b) Inform him, in character, that we're going to be playing by Guild rules; to wit:

1) He does not steal from the Guild - that is, the party.
2) Any loot he gets from anyone else is shared with the Guild party.
3) If he doesn't like these rules, he can walk away, in which case none of us will ever see him again. (That's also a rule.)
4) If I catch him breaking any of these rules, I cut his throat.

This didn't go over particularly well with the party Paladin or Knight, but I made it stick, and he was much less of a problem after that... particularly after the first time he decided to Sleight of Hand everything of value off innocent bystanders (and by "value", I mean, "to said low-level NPCs", which was chump change for adventurers of our level) and then had to explain to the Paladin and Knight where the shares of money he was trying to give them came from.

Shademan
2009-08-29, 04:47 PM
DUDE, pretty vulgar and inappropriate. I'd prefer if you didn't.:smallannoyed:

but pretty darn effective

Crossblade
2009-08-29, 04:47 PM
Lace your coin purse with Contact Poison. Wear gloves.

Doc Roc
2009-08-29, 04:50 PM
Glyphseals are made for this. MiC. I like to load mine with teleport or planeshift or similar.

Mastikator
2009-08-29, 04:52 PM

Or just incredibly painful if someone tries to steal it anyway.

Emy
2009-08-29, 04:53 PM
Coat yourself and all of your belongings with Contact Poison. Be warforged.

Fixed.

That aside, the arcane mark route is probably the best.

Foryn Gilnith
2009-08-29, 04:54 PM
It's the general principle. Without going into disgusting details, that specific method is implausible for women. If your bag of holding is in an area generally considered taboo in society, there's less chance that it will be detected in the first place (why are you looking at another man's crotch?); and even less chance that it will be taken (why are you fondling another man's crotch?)

UserClone
2009-08-29, 04:56 PM

Okay...but talking about your balls is not generally polite in a forum frequented by underage children, ladies, and people of class.

Doc Roc
2009-08-29, 04:56 PM
But

"Why are you reaching into your crotch when I asked you to clear your tab?"

Doc Roc
2009-08-29, 04:57 PM
Okay...but talking about your balls is not generally polite in a forum frequented by underage children, ladies, and people of class.

I am a person of class, but I'm basically okay with spherical objects. I did spend sometime learning spherical geometry a while ago, which is wonky enough that I held a globular-grudge for a bit, but we're on generally good terms now. I'd go so far as to suggest that I'm even okay with balls I can't exert ownership over.

UserClone
2009-08-29, 04:59 PM
:smallsigh: Not the point.

Shademan
2009-08-29, 05:01 PM
oh, shees, don't be a prude. its just a sack of skin with some minor organs in them.

Roukon
2009-08-29, 05:02 PM
If you have access to Song and Silence, the 3.0 bard and rogue splatbook, there is the thief-catcher. It looks like a magical book, but when a thief opens it up, they are imprisoned inside the book. The fluff with it says it was designed by spellcasters to protect against theives who were stealing their magical tomes.

Foryn Gilnith
2009-08-29, 05:03 PM
Paying bar tabs and the like is small change. Bags of Holding are for massive hoards and magic swag.

Gorgondantess
2009-08-29, 05:04 PM
I've gotta agree with FlWiPig on that one... it's a somewhat clever idea (though base) I'll admit, but in the future if you're just dying to say something like that, at least keep it to a PM, okay?:smallsmile:

Foryn Gilnith
2009-08-29, 05:05 PM
A PM to whom? While the language used to express it was fairly vulgar, it is, as you admitted, a clever idea. People other than the OP might benefit from it.

Black Mage
2009-08-29, 05:07 PM
Actually had this happen in a game before.
The character was doing this all behind the scenes, passing notes to the DM on what he was doing, and it took us forever to figure it out.
Once my character found out, he made a deal with the groups Dragonborn fighter to slaughter the guy in his sleep.
He was planning on taking all the gold and gems he stole from us, buying a ship, and leaving.

Doc Roc
2009-08-29, 05:08 PM
Why do people think that anyone at the table will enjoy this?

Korivan
2009-08-29, 05:10 PM
We had a newbie, a kid, join our game who decided to play a halfling (All halflings are thieving scum.) rogue, and had the fairly common newbie misapprehensions that: a) "Rogue" necessarily means "thief"; b) "Thief" necessarily means "kleptomaniac"; and c) The party is an appropriate target for said kleptomania.

Been there, even worse when that person is the only cleric and spends all his time trying to convince the rest of the party that if they want to make a fuss over him stealing from members of the group they can kiss thier healing good-bye.

BTW. Why would a palidin or knight have a problem with your characters philosophy? Stealing is a crime, often punishable by death in many areas still today, let alone a medival type setting.

UserClone
2009-08-29, 05:17 PM
Right, Foryn hit the point on the head. The idea would have seemed far more clever if it came in a more roundabout wording, rather than through vulgarity.

Yukitsu
2009-08-29, 05:19 PM
And now all I can think of is making a magical extra dimensional scrotum graft. Thank you GitP.

UserClone
2009-08-29, 05:21 PM
How quickly a topic can degrade. This reminds me of the Semen Golem...:smalltongue:

Dracons
2009-08-29, 05:22 PM
Well, one of my players for the longest time had a specialized bag of holding made. It couldn't carry as much, as it was smaller. It was the size of a big coin pouch. That he kept in his thong underwear, next to his balls.

Yes, the character like his player, was a little fruity. But we love him anyway. As a brother. Despite what he dreams.

Seonor
2009-08-29, 05:22 PM
If you are first level or for some other reasons unable to do these tricks, paint a few runes on your bag and pass the GM some notes. For additional effect use some "special" ink, great effect has a tiny glass vial with some seals on it. It should hold off the would be thieves long enough to prepare the more effective versions.

Shademan
2009-08-29, 05:30 PM
Right, Foryn hit the point on the head. The idea would have seemed far more clever if it came in a more roundabout wording, rather than through vulgarity.

well excuse me for being so forward.

now, as for other ways to stop the stealing is to actually catch the culprit in the act, or fix other proofing then beat him up. IC offcourse. dealing nonlethal damage and just go fist to face on him, shout something about such not being tolerable and next time you catch him you will hurt him. badly. warn all the other party members of his thievery and he shouldn't dare to do anything against you again (rogues are often cowards). off course this might lead to so some tension in the group, so soft up on the rogue after a small amount of time.

UserClone
2009-08-29, 05:31 PM
If you are first level or for some other reasons unable to do these tricks, paint a few runes on your bag and pass the GM some notes. For additional effect use some "special" ink, great effect has a tiny glass vial with some seals on it. It should hold off the would be thieves long enough to prepare the more effective versions.

This idea I like. It's a total head-fake.:smallbiggrin:

AslanCross
2009-08-29, 05:37 PM

Won't that result in rather...unfortunate bodily modifications? :smalleek:

UserClone
2009-08-29, 05:39 PM
True, that. Wouldn't they eventually just shrivel up and fall off?

Shademan
2009-08-29, 05:41 PM
well yeah. it would. but what is more important to you?
your characters fertility or his gear and loot?

offcourse I could never do that to a character of mine, but hey...

Yukitsu
2009-08-29, 05:41 PM
Most body parts with weights attached to them just stretch. So you'll want a pair of these, so they'll at least be balanced.

Shademan
2009-08-29, 05:44 PM
Most body parts with weights attached to them just stretch. So you'll want a pair of these, so they'll at least be balanced.

by the balding spot of george carlin! you'd walk around with one stone on a string in each trouser-leg!

Foryn Gilnith
2009-08-29, 05:46 PM
If you treat that sack as literally weighing 35 or 45 pounds in its relatively small volume, that's going to be impossible to lift.

Also, you could be Hennet and have your bag of holding under your belts. Same principle, but not X-rated. "Why are you fondling another man's chest?" And getting the thing out would be difficult, since it's strapped down under belts.

UserClone
2009-08-29, 05:47 PM
In the interest of taking this conversation out of the gutter, may I suggest a, eternal wand of extended hoard gullet with a CL of 12?

Foryn Gilnith
2009-08-29, 05:48 PM
Hoard Gullet only allows you to take everything out at once. That's awfully inconvenient.

quick_comment
2009-08-29, 05:56 PM
Secret chest, as mentioned before, is good.

You can also get a bunch of cursed items and put them in your bag. A dagger with contingent planeshift (negative energy plane) on it, a cloak that strangles its own, gloves of dex that paralyze you the first time you attempt a reflex save, etc.

Arms and equipment guide has a bunch of cursed stuff at the end.

You can also cast arcane mark on everything, then every night, cast arcane sight and look for your mark. If you see it, plane shift the thief to the elemental plane of fire or something.

Korivan
2009-08-29, 05:57 PM
oh, shees, don't be a prude. its just a sack of skin with some minor organs in them.

MINOR!!??!!

Seriously though, the sack jokes while funny will get old with my group. Please keep your suggestions out of orfaces and dangly bits:smallfrown:

Shademan
2009-08-29, 06:03 PM
minor in the sense that they losing their efficiency won't kill you.

hey, I offered another suggestion, did I not?

UserClone
2009-08-29, 06:12 PM
Hoard Gullet only allows you to take everything out at once. That's awfully inconvenient.

But it's an eternal wand, so you can use it twice a day forever.

Korivan
2009-08-29, 06:12 PM
You did, and I was brought to tears at the laughter. But dms I play with will find a way to make me suffer for something like that. Suffer....:smallfrown:

Shademan
2009-08-29, 06:17 PM
invest some points in sleight of hand and steal from the rogue.
I doubt he has a high spot
:smallamused:

UserClone
2009-08-29, 06:18 PM
My rogues always have a high spot. Comes in handy when you are the point man.

Kyouhen
2009-08-29, 07:12 PM

I wholly support this idea. Bonus points if you cast Continual Flame on the ink when the rest of the party isn't looking.

Actually, while you're at it cast Continual Flame on your bag of holding. Who in their right mind would try to steal a brightly glowing bag?

Foryn Gilnith
2009-08-29, 07:18 PM
+1 to Kyouhen. Easily within the capacity of any character, gives a crucial light source, and works well for the OP who is a caster. No need to reach into your crotch to pay the tab now.

UserClone
2009-08-29, 07:27 PM
Yep, I think we have a winner in that idea.

Jayngfet
2009-08-29, 07:36 PM
I believe the complete scoundrel has an item just for this. The moment someone other than you touches it a shrunken head starts screaming until you personally make it stop. For some extra GP it also curses them.

FlawedParadigm
2009-08-29, 07:38 PM
I prepared Explosive Runes this mor-

Foryn Gilnith
2009-08-29, 07:38 PM
but I don't want to risk a character getting away with a screaming bag

No dice on the Shrunken Shrieker. If you do Continual Flame the bag, make sure the DM realizes that it's 24 inches by 48 inches and will likely be difficult to conceal. Just hold onto it tightly - low-tech methods work just as well.

Mahtobedis
2009-08-29, 08:21 PM
Would it work to have a adamantine chest with 4 locks incorporated into it each at DC 40 and then have several arcane locks cast on it as well as several arcane marks?

Of course you would need to but a mule to carry it or persuade the party meat shield to carry it for you.

Yukitsu
2009-08-29, 08:22 PM
Sounds pricey. I'd be tempted to steal the box and huck the contents.

Korivan
2009-08-29, 08:37 PM
If the curse is effective, I'm more then happy to have a screaming bag. The only thing I wanted to avoid was that alarm didn't do more then let me know that the bag is leaving. Want something to make them NOT take it. The continual flame thing is so low-level, cheap, simple that its perfect 9/10 situations probably...Is there a way to turn off the light. Most of my casters tend to try to look like regular people. Make it look like I'm nothing more then the average commoner or something. The last thing I need is a baecon saying "This guys got good SH!%!!!".

John Campbell
2009-08-29, 09:18 PM
BTW. Why would a palidin or knight have a problem with your characters philosophy? Stealing is a crime, often punishable by death in many areas still today, let alone a medival type setting.

It wasn't so much the "steal from us and die" part they had a problem with... the paladin had told him pretty much the same thing himself. It was the implied permission to steal from anyone else, so long as we (by which I meant "I") got our cut. And also that I couched it explicitly in terms of Thieves' Guild rules.

Flickerdart
2009-08-29, 09:30 PM
Vow of Poverty Druid. The only things he has to steal have teeth and claws, and will mess you up in the face.

Irreverent Fool
2009-08-29, 09:45 PM
Cover it in sovereign glue along with a geas that it must be dropped as soon as possible.

Cover one side of it in sovereign glue and affix it to your stomach.

Turn it invisible.

Carry it in your hands.

Cast dispel magic on it, temporarily rendering it a nonmagical bag. Cast shrink item on it along with permanency to make the shrink item permanent. Carry the bag of holding around your neck on a chain. Or as an earring. Or in a subdermal pouch (some deformity feat iirc).

Fill it to the brim with pages of explosive runes.

obnoxious
sig

FMArthur
2009-08-29, 09:49 PM
A past DM of mine once had a wizard's pocket be a portal to the abyss just to mess with a rogue who tried to steal from everyone. I'm now 100% sure he was cheating, but I'm 80% sure that you could also find some way to legitimately do it. Nothing like falling into the abyss trying to steal from a man who did not otherwise appear to carry any valuables. :smallamused:

Stephen_E
2009-08-29, 10:12 PM
I've only once in the last decade had a problem with a player wanting his rogue to stael from the party.

As a player I pointed out that my NE Druid with max ranks in spot, Wis 22, and a feat that gave him a +8 to spot would almost certainly catch her and sic his Dire Wolf Companion on her. And pointed out the LN Dwarf would have exactly zero sympathy.

Actually the current campaign has a light-fingered Bard who will do a bit of pre-party looting, but given she's my twin half-sister who I've been living with, eh, it's not like I don't know her flaws. She's family and you put up with a bit more from familiy than you do from strangers.

In a long ago campaign we had a rogue who was less than party honest. The thing is that except for the BArbarian none of the rest of the party really cared about wealth that much. We made the Rogue the party treasurer and he set up all these shell companies to defraud us. Ou attitude was that so long as the money was there when we needed it we didn't care. If the money wasn't there when we needed it we'd kill him.

This put him in the interesting position of needing to make sure he could lay hands on cash equal to what the party thought they should have available, which could be less or more than what we'd actually taken in.

Stephen

huttj509
2009-08-30, 12:23 AM
Attach bag to strap.

Loop strap around neck.

Carry bag-on-strap under tunic, above belt (so the strap can't be cut and the bag grabbed as it falls).

Could either be under your arm, or atop your belly. Maybe discuss getting one in a custom shape so it fits more like a money-belt (but hey, if you seem to be deformed just glare at anybody who tries questioning you).

Have a large tunic collar so you can pull the bag out to make purchases.

This does not work so well under armor though.

Benefits:

Someone can't just cut the strap and grab it, as they'd need to pull it up through your tunic neck, and you'd know.

Now someone could conceivably untuck your tunic from your belt in back, cut the strap, and slip the bag out between the back of the tunic and your belt, but I'd apply a HEFTY sleight of hand penalty to have you not notice that.

Alternative, actually sew the bag to your belt or something. Wait, nevermind, can't puncture it, huh... Ooh, ooh, that glue stuff!

Kyouhen
2009-08-30, 12:38 AM
If the curse is effective, I'm more then happy to have a screaming bag. The only thing I wanted to avoid was that alarm didn't do more then let me know that the bag is leaving. Want something to make them NOT take it. The continual flame thing is so low-level, cheap, simple that its perfect 9/10 situations probably...Is there a way to turn off the light. Most of my casters tend to try to look like regular people. Make it look like I'm nothing more then the average commoner or something. The last thing I need is a baecon saying "This guys got good SH!%!!!".

Hiding the light is as simple as keeping it under your robe/cloak/etc. Nobody needs to know the bag's glowing until you need to pull something from it, and even then you could just keep it hidden when you're pulling small things from it. Best part is applying this at night. Hide it under your pillow and you're bound to notice the sudden bright glow inches away from your face when someone decides to try swiping it.

Seffbasilisk
2009-08-30, 01:44 AM
See, I do something like Fire Shield, Fire Trap, etc.

Not only do you know someone made a play for your stuff (fwoosh! Smell of burnt hair), but you'll damage them, and clearly mark them as a perpretrator.

I also Arcane Mark things (when my characters can.)

Fizban
2009-08-30, 02:42 AM
+1 to all suggestions of putting it inside shirt/pants. I don't care what his sleight of hand is, there's no way he's going to pull a bag that weighs at least 15lbs out from under your clothing without you noticing.

For new equipment, you could try the Belt of Hidden Pouches (Magic Item Compendium). The hidden pouches can only be opened by the wearer, so it's safe to wear normally in town while you have the main bag of holding strapped to your chest, and at night you put it under your shirt with the bag. Not much you can do when you're asleep as even with maxed listen he'll probably be quiet enough not to wake you, so I'd suggest an appropriate alarm device for use at night.

Turcano
2009-08-30, 04:07 AM

Or an ass of devouring. (San check, 1, 2, 3...)

Lilienthal
2009-08-30, 04:43 AM
Get a Packmate homonculus. Trust me. Anyone who's ever read the Discworld books are damn scared of those things.
http://www.wizards.com/dnd/images/moe_gallery/91497.jpg
That's it on the right.
...I now have to make a 10-Int Wizard Diplomancer who rides around on his luggage.

It's like a hairy brain. /Connolly

Do it with a bag of holding.

This put him in the interesting position of needing to make sure he could lay hands on cash equal to what the party thought they should have available, which could be less or more than what we'd actually taken in.
Sounds like banking at its finest.

Baron Malkar
2009-08-30, 05:36 AM
For new equipment, you could try the Belt of Hidden Pouches (Magic Item Compendium). The hidden pouches can only be opened by the wearer, so it's safe to wear normally in town while you have the main bag of holding strapped to your chest, and at night you put it under your shirt with the bag. Not much you can do when you're asleep as even with maxed listen he'll probably be quiet enough not to wake you, so I'd suggest an appropriate alarm device for use at night.

It also helps if the belt buckle is a DC 40 lock with a combination that changes based upon a fixed algorithm every time you close it. All it takes to open the lock is some math and a memory that can remember a complex string of numbers (or strange strings of words and gestures):smallamused:

Galileo
2009-08-30, 05:43 AM
And that's why my paladin has max ranks in Diplomacy and Sense Motive, as well as the Master Manipulator feat. Also why his best friend, the shamanistic orc cleric who's heavily into sacrificial rites, picked up Zone of Truth early on.

elonin
2009-08-30, 08:07 AM
Keep your stuff in a hewarts handy haversack. This could include the bag of holding. Really who is going to lift a backpack while you are wearing it? One suggestion for guarding spellbooks can also work here; put a geas on the bag "return this to he who you stole it from and do whatever they tell you". Explosive runes are good if you don't mind having your stuff destroyed. How about leomond's chest or something like that?

Yuki Akuma
2009-08-30, 08:14 AM
You, uh... You really shouldn't put a bag of holding in a handy haversack.

Really.

only1doug
2009-08-30, 08:20 AM
You, uh... You really shouldn't put a bag of holding in a handy haversack.

Really.

no, you really shouldn't put a bag of holding into a portable hole (or a portable hole into a bag of holding).

other than those no explanation is given and no rules cover it therefore by RAW nothing happens.

Ecalsneerg
2009-08-30, 09:20 AM
How about an OOC idea?

Don't play with jackasses who think screwing over the party is actually worthwhile.

IC?

Mark of justice. Do it while they're asleep.

"I stole your stuff last night when I was on watch."
"I cursed you last night when I was on watch."