PDA

View Full Version : not wanting to restart

Eon
2009-08-29, 04:13 PM
Has anyone ever beaten or almost beaten a game when either you decide that for example pokemon leafgreen decide to migrate them to your pokemon diamond/pearl then you realize you want to play around on leafgreen and suddenly you realize you have to restart. Or your brother saves over your final fantasy tactics advance when you are about to beat the few remaining sidemission. TWICE:smallfurious:. I keep trying to do it again but i just can't go back into restarting...

The second example is true.
I decided to make this thread now that i want a bagon on my pokemon diamond and i already moved all my pokemon off my ruby. :smallfrown:

anyway does anyone else have this problem/a solution?

Dogmantra
2009-08-29, 04:33 PM
Sort of, but I have it differently.

I get restartitis like crazy. Ten minutes in, I'll make a new character. Then I get so sick of the tutorial that I don't play the game again for a few weeks because I can't bear to restart, and I can't bear to play my current character.

Murdim
2009-08-29, 04:41 PM
The Legend of Zelda : Ocarina of Time. Thrice. I finally managed to see the end of this goddamned, unaging myth. Quite recently. Many years after beginning my first saved game. After having played and completed Majora's Mask, Oracle of Seasons, Oracle of Ages, The Wind Waker, A Link to the Past, The Minish Cap and Twilight Princess. I almost cried.

Eon
2009-08-29, 05:04 PM

I get restartitis like crazy. Ten minutes in, I'll make a new character. Then I get so sick of the tutorial that I don't play the game again for a few weeks because I can't bear to restart, and I can't bear to play my current character.

ya... i've been doing that with ruby now... leveling up is boring. i am being smart and breaking the habit i have made. I am leveling up ALL of my pokemon. which is a total of 3. but one i don't know if i can do one. it's ralts. yesterday i discovered the only move it knows is growl. i think he will wait in the pc box until i have 6 other pokemon i don't need/want to level but are cool to send to diamond. or i can level it up my way on diamond. give exp share. enter elite four with it. for all fights use level 100 torterra and level 80 some kyogre. repeat until level 50. put in area with other battle tower pokemon :smallbiggrin:

factotum
2009-08-30, 01:57 AM
I tend to have this with RPGs. If I run into a really knotty problem in the first part of the game (say, 10-20 hours in) that can't easily be solved with the character I have, I'll restart and build the character differently. Of course, once I've got too far into the game for that to be practical I have to just go with what I've got.

Bouregard
2009-08-30, 02:48 AM

My problem :/ There some great games out there I never finished playing that way. *sniff*

Dogmantra
2009-08-30, 07:33 AM
Oh, and I never completed the Morrowind Main Quest, no only because of my Restartitis, but also because I found a character I really liked, got quite far, then my hard drive went bust. I didn't play it for ages.

Fredthefighter
2009-08-30, 07:58 AM
I had this problem when I had the trials for Wolrd of Warcraft and City of Heroes/Villains.

With WoW I made:
A Dwarven Warrior (never made it beyond Level 9).
A Troll Hunter (never made it beyond Level 10).
A mage.
A rogue.
Various other hunters and rogues.

With CoH/CoV I just kept doing the tutorial parts, then getting bored and making a new one. I only had two characters that I actually got beyond Level 3. I had a Level 6 Hero and a Level 9 Villain.