PDA

View Full Version : Bandil needs computer help

Eon
2009-08-29, 06:22 PM
Okay well i have been annoyed at my computer and i wouldn't have posted this if it hadn't just happened twice in a row.

On several occasions i have just been playing around on the internet and suddenly my computer will lose connection to the network (which i know noone messed with because the rest of my family was elsewhere). I go to the connect to network and it says "cannot find a network to connect to" and then in some time that varies it will reconnect good as new. for awhile. 1 minute after it happened it reconnected then immediately afterwards i lost it. This has only happened since moving the computer to the basement but it wasn't nearby before. it was a level above before and now it's a level below but it keeps happening. I don't have any clue how to fix it and moving it back isn't an option. Does anyone know a solution???

Dallas-Dakota
2009-08-29, 06:36 PM
Computah thread. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=123170)

Don't know if that's the exact purpose of that thread, but it seems like a good thread to ask.

Jack Squat
2009-08-29, 06:36 PM
Wireless network I presume?

If so, the signal's getting interfered with somewhere along the line (distance from router, how many walls it has to go through, how much electricity/metal is in the walls/ceiling...). One way to combat this is to run a wire through down to where you need it, and either plug in or hook up another wireless router. You can also by signal boosters and place one where you get a strong connection.

If it's a line network, can you replace the wire and see if the problems continue? It's probably a loose connection.

Seonor
2009-08-29, 08:11 PM
If your pc has two or more ways to connect to the internet (lan, wireless, whatever) disable all but the one you actually use. No garantees, but windows sometimes gets a little overwhelmed when forced to decide if it should use one over the other.

Eon
2009-08-29, 10:11 PM
Wireless network I presume?

If so, the signal's getting interfered with somewhere along the line (distance from router, how many walls it has to go through, how much electricity/metal is in the walls/ceiling...). One way to combat this is to run a wire through down to where you need it, and either plug in or hook up another wireless router. You can also by signal boosters and place one where you get a strong connection.

If it's a line network, can you replace the wire and see if the problems continue? It's probably a loose connection.

now all i need to do is to find,buy and make it work. might be difficult...