PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate Kaos IV: We're Releasing On Time [Recruitment Closed, Game Starts Sept. 3rd]

happyturtle
2009-08-29, 06:50 PM
Hello, Peasants. It is I, your much beloved Empress of Cheese, with an announcement to gladden your pathetic little lives. I have given the order for my minion, Uncle Festy, to organize another of his cute little games. They are so delightfully kaotic, you know.

Once you've finished kneeling before me in rapt adoration, you may want to read the introduction below and form an orderly queue to join the game.

==============================================

"Kaos Teleport!"
Mustiado, Kaos cultist and master transmuter, appeared in the alleyway in a burst of custard. He breathed a sigh of relief. "I can't believe it's over. Years of planning, months of preparations, all to revive Festy, kill him again, and rip a stone from his chest. And I did it. Me! I got the Heart of Kaos!" He began cackling wildly. "Soon, we, the Kult of Kaos, will rule the multiverse! Ahahahahahah!!!!!"
He paused for breath. "Well. Now, all that remains is to return to our headquarters." He pulled a small gem from his pocket. The stone seemed to be made of of shifting blobs of vibrant colors in every hue and tone, and even the stone itself seemed to shift and warp its shape. Mustiado raised the Heart of Kaos above his head, and cried, "KAOS TELEPORT!"
A cloud of lilacs, sweeping Mustiado away to realms unknown, utterly failed to manifest itself.
Mustiado paused. "I said, Kaos Teleport!"
Nothing continued to happen.
"What in the blazes…?" murmured Mustiado, his eyes drifting to the gemstone – and then widening in shock. The Heart of Kaos was leaking swirls of color into the air around it, which dispersed into mist.
"No, not now. Of all the luck…" He shook his head. "Of course I had to teleport into a plane bereft of mana. Of course that means I can't access mana to cast a spell or even form a mana bond to the sphere. And of course that means that the vacuum of mana will be sapping the Heart's power each moment it remains here. Of booping course."
He sat down heavily on the pavement. "And I have no idea what to do about it." He sighed, watching swirls of energy drift away from the stone. "Well, whatever happens next," he said, half-grinning, "it's going to be… Kaotic."

Welcome to Ultimate Kaos IV: Faster than a Speeding Grandmother! The direct sequel to the recently concluded (but not recently begun) Ultimate Kaos III, this epic narrative will contain a gripping plot, stunning surprises, genius-level humor, and a oh who am I kidding, it's just a silly Werewolf-style game where only I know the rules. Ahahahahah. Ahahahaha!!! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH –

*coughs*

Aaaaaanyways, this should be posted on the 30th (thanks, Happy! :smallbiggrin:), and game starts on the 3rd. Recruitment ends at 15 players, though I'll be glad to accept autolynch replacements.
Oh, and expect lulz.
Festy, out.

Player List

{table=head]Player|Role|Fate|Special
1. Mustiado|???|killed night 5
2. Wolfbane|Murska "Eyeball" Greenyham|lynched day 3
3. Freshmeat
4. Mordokai|???|killed night 5
5. Happyturtle Deathslayer7|???|disappeared night 5
6. Selrahc|???|abducted night 1
7. Murska|The Demoman
8. Recaiden|???|killed night 1
9. The Fiery Tower|Mayor "Redeye" Salazar|lynched day 2
10. Darkcomet|Lady Diamonda Octavo|abducted night 2|returned to life day 5, returned to death day 5
11. Kyouhen|???|killed night 4|returned to life day 5, returned to death day 5
12. The Bookworm
13. Hyozo|The Sniper|lynched day 3
14. billtodamax|Madame Esmerelda Octavo|killed night 3|returned to life day 5, returned to death day 5
15. PirateMonk|???|killed night 4|returned to life day 5, returned to death day 5
16. Jontom Xire|||added day 3
17. Opeth_Freak|||added day 3
18. Fin|||added day 3
Happyturtle|The Empress of Cheese|killed night 2|returned to life day 5, returned to death day 5
Uncle Festy|???|lynched day 1|resurrected night 2, gained command of Death day 5[/table]

Autolynch replacements:
AL1: Jontom Xire http://www.sendpurls.com/images/en/check-symbol.jpg
AL2: Opeth Freakhttp://www.sendpurls.com/images/en/check-symbol.jpg
AL3: Finhttp://www.sendpurls.com/images/en/check-symbol.jpg

UncleWolf
2009-08-30, 01:13 PM
I'm in! :smallbiggrin:

Freshmeat
2009-08-30, 01:15 PM
In. I need to make up for missing the second and third installment.

Mordokai
2009-08-30, 01:18 PM
I want the record to show that this paladin still thinks the Cheese Empress is a fake and has no intention whatsoever of kneeling before her!

That said, in!

happyturtle
2009-08-30, 01:19 PM
Guards! Seize him! :smallmad:

Also in. Or co-narrator. Festy's choice.

UncleWolf
2009-08-30, 01:25 PM
*seizes Mordokai*

What do you wish me to do with this one, my lady?

Mordokai
2009-08-30, 01:26 PM
*flies away, shaking Wolfbane off*

See you some other time... Empress :smalltongue:

UncleWolf
2009-08-30, 01:32 PM
*falls 15 stories*

*stands up and dusts himself off*

"I'm sorry my lady, I couldn't keep my grip on him."

Selrahc
2009-08-30, 01:37 PM
Hey, Ultimate Kaos! In.

Murska
2009-08-30, 01:39 PM
I'm in. :smallsmile:

Recaiden
2009-08-30, 01:46 PM
I point at Shadow.
Okay, I'll join first, I guess.

TFT
2009-08-30, 01:55 PM
Spots are filling up like that *snaps*

I'll join now.

Darkcomet
2009-08-30, 02:04 PM
In. Like I could miss it after my antics last game... :smallamused:

Kyouhen
2009-08-30, 02:04 PM
STOP SNAPPING TOWER! I haven't claimed a spot yet! Though now I have.

The Bookworm
2009-08-30, 02:09 PM
In if there's still room!

UncleWolf
2009-08-30, 02:12 PM
By my counting, there are only 4 more slots, 5 if Happy is the Co-narrator.

Hyozo
2009-08-30, 02:32 PM
In with points at Uncle Festy.

billtodamax
2009-08-30, 04:52 PM
In In In In In!

PirateMonk
2009-08-30, 04:59 PM
In if there's still room, which there appears to be.

happyturtle
2009-08-30, 05:04 PM
There is one spot reserved for Mustiado, as the winner of the last game, so until I hear from him and from Uncle Festy about co-narrating...

Recruitment Closed

Deathslayer7
2009-08-30, 05:44 PM
in as an autolynch replacement then please.

Vwulf DeMarcus
2009-08-30, 06:26 PM
*dives for revolving door*
*slams face*
Oww...:smalltongue:

Darn. How did I miss this? I'll be autolynch replacement then.

Mustiado
2009-08-30, 08:38 PM
Sorry guys, but I'm totally jacking this one.

IN. With FINALITY.

Opeth_Freak
2009-08-31, 01:18 AM
What? I'm going to bed, and the next thing i see on the next day, is that UC IV is on, and already STOPPED recruiting? God damn you! :smallfurious:

In as a autolynch replacement.

billtodamax
2009-08-31, 01:20 AM
My superior time zone allowed me to slide under the deadline.

Fin
2009-08-31, 07:27 AM
Blast!

I wanted to play. I will be on the auto-lynch replacement list, with Cake!

Only the auto-lynch replacees can have the cake...

<.<
>.>

Ok, you can all have the cake. But you owe me!

PirateMonk
2009-08-31, 07:02 PM
Blast!

I wanted to play. I will be on the auto-lynch replacement list, with Cake!

Only the auto-lynch replacees can have the cake...

<.<
>.>

Ok, you can all have the cake. But you owe me!

I'd give you my place in exchange for the cake, but it's Ultimate ChaosKaos.

Uncle Festy
2009-09-03, 04:23 PM
Thanks Happy. :smallbiggrin:
I know the game is supposed to start today, but I'm feeling kinda under the weather (by which I mean I'm horribly, nastily sick), so I'm shooting for tomorrow morning. Sorry guys. :smallsigh:

Mordokai
2009-09-03, 04:28 PM
TURN UNDEAD!!!

By which I mean, get better soon, of course :smalltongue:

Uncle Festy
2009-09-04, 02:03 PM
Happy, you're in as co-narrator, if only because I'm not feeling well enough to run this on my own. So DS7, you get the last spot.

Fin
2009-09-04, 03:24 PM
Oh noes the lack of an ending in the last game has transformed into the lack of a beginning in this one!!

We're doomed.

Shadowcaller
2009-09-04, 05:40 PM
This is forum news...

The infamous necromancer know only as "Uncle Festy" was today attacked just outside his hotel in the structured sub-forum. Witness claim they saw a winged, blond man dressed in come out of the blue and scream "TURN UNDEAD!!!". After which he promptly left the site.

Efforts are now made to raise this evil necromancer again that most likely will kill us all one day, in other news...

((Game is delayed due illness.))

Deathslayer7
2009-09-05, 03:27 AM
*slides under the door right before it closes*

sweet! :smallbiggrin:

Uncle Festy
2009-09-06, 09:01 PM
NEWFARE CITY, NOVEMBER 15, 4:23 PM

Captain Drew Killham sighed four and a half times as he scanned the report. Finally, satisfied that he knew exactly how horrible it was, he dropped the folder and looked back at Investigator Nevermore. “We’ve devolved into chaos?”
“Yessir, it seems so, sir. We’ve had at least a dozen confirmed deaths in the last three days, but we’ve no clue why there’s been a spike in killings. Even without those, there’s been scores of thefts and crimes – and those are just the reported ones. Half the city is barricaded in their homes, the other half is rioting on the streets.”
Killham shook his head. “What do you advise we do?”
Nevermore shrugged. “What can we do? We can’t send the officers onto the street for fear of them getting mobbed, and there’s precious few that would go even if we gave the go-ahead. Any show of force would put the lives of our men in danger, stir up even more mobs and violence, and be totally ineffective besides. We’ve lost the city, sir.”
“So, in other words, we’re screwed?”
“Pretty much, sir.”
Killham struck a match on his thumbnail and used it to light his cigar. “What are the Mafias doing about all this?”
“Just what we expected – they’re making their moves, trying to make sure they come out on top once the dust has cleared.”
“Well, alright then, who’s involved? The Calzones? The Hilbillies? The Technochocolates?”
Nevermore looked away, embarrassed. “Well sir… that’s the worst of it. We don’t know.”

= == === ==== ===== ==== === == =

GAME STARTS NOW.
DAY ONE ENDS IN 48 HOURS.

((Oh yeah, and Shadowcaller's my other conarrator.))

Hyozo
2009-09-06, 09:14 PM
Uncle Festy, as he clearly sent me the wrong role. Or the right one and I just like pointing at Uncle Festy. Either way, I point at Uncle Festy.

billtodamax
2009-09-07, 12:43 AM
Hyozo, for pointing at our narrator not once, not twice, but three times!

Mustiado
2009-09-07, 02:52 AM
I shall point at Alarra, as she is the one who obviously ate my role PM. Because I don't have an increased message limit. :smallbiggrin:

Mordokai
2009-09-07, 06:38 AM
Freshmeat

Welcome back again, old chap :smalltongue: :smallbiggrin:

Murska
2009-09-07, 08:11 AM
Darkcomet because he's unlikely to point back at me on day 1. :smallbiggrin:

Jontom Xire
2009-09-07, 08:49 AM
Oy! What?! I didn't even see this thread until just now and recruitment is over already!

I would have expected a personal invitation. With gold edging. I did invent Ultimate Chaos after all.

<wanders off and sulks>

Vwulf DeMarcus
2009-09-07, 12:05 PM
I would like it if you would take me off the AL replacement list, please.
(AKA: I'm dropping out.)

PirateMonk
2009-09-07, 12:33 PM
Uncle Festy for giving me the best role ever.

The Bookworm
2009-09-07, 12:48 PM
Uncle Festy!

Uncle Festy
2009-09-07, 08:24 PM
Oy! What?! I didn't even see this thread until just now and recruitment is over already!

I would have expected a personal invitation. With gold edging. I did invent Ultimate Chaos after all.

<wanders off and sulks>

I…
But I…
:smallfrown:
Sorry. I forgot.
Pwease forgive me?
… well, you're the top of the Autolynch list, at least. Sorry I can't do more… :smallfrown:

Deathslayer7
2009-09-07, 08:34 PM
Murska for being mean

Kyouhen
2009-09-07, 08:38 PM
Deathslayer for pointing at Murska.

UncleWolf
2009-09-07, 09:00 PM
Back, and I'll vote for Billtodamax randomly.

Freshmeat
2009-09-07, 09:07 PM
*points at Monsieur Recaiden*

Darkcomet
2009-09-07, 09:09 PM
Uncle Festy, because Murska might have a multi-vote, I'm paranoid, and Festy should stay dead already. :smalltongue:

TFT
2009-09-08, 01:03 AM
Kyouhen, for using two different fonts!

Jontom Xire
2009-09-08, 02:59 AM
I…
But I…
:smallfrown:
Sorry. I forgot.
Pwease forgive me?
… well, you're the top of the Autolynch list, at least. Sorry I can't do more… :smallfrown:

Sure, I forgive you. Top of the AL list will have to do I guess.

Selrahc
2009-09-08, 04:24 AM
No point in voting for anyone but Festy. Even if it is less chaotic and more expected each time...

Uncle Festy
2009-09-08, 06:06 AM
Seriously, this is getting predictable. :smalltongue:

UncleWolf
2009-09-08, 08:44 AM
Okay, guys, this is odd. I'm kind of instructed by my role to do this.

I need to know the name of your roles so I can bane you. And yes, I can tell if you are lying or not.

To break the ice, I am a SPAM Baner (A reference to Monty Python I think), a neutral Baner who needs to bane 4 people, which I can only do if I send in the name of the role along with your name. So please, help me with this, and I'm out of the way.:smallsmile:

Kyouhen
2009-09-08, 08:55 AM
Wolfbane. Nobody likes neutrals anyway. :smallbiggrin:

UncleWolf
2009-09-08, 08:59 AM
Wolfbane. Nobody likes neutrals anyway. :smallbiggrin:

:smalltongue:
In Kaos, everyone is neutral.

Kyouhen
2009-09-08, 09:13 AM

True, but you're the only claimed neutral. :smallbiggrin:

happyturtle
2009-09-09, 02:35 PM
End of Day One

The Empress of Cheese stood on the balcony, with her loyal Ham-mancer nearby. Below, the crowds roared for the blood of one man.

"They're demanding the execution of 'Uncle Festy'. Isn't he dead?"

"Quite dead, Your Majesty. Several times over in fact."

"Well have the corpse dug up and hanged again. We must keep the peasantry satisfied."

He cleared his throat. "I'm afraid the corpse isn't even on this plane of existence, Your Grace."

She glared at him. "I have given you an order. I am not interested in hearing why it cannot be obeyed."

"Clearly... we must travel back in TIME! ...to get the corpse."

"Excellent plan. How do we do this?"

"You will see... YOU WILL ALL SEE!... that we can use the timeham in my observatory."

"TO THE OBSERVATORY!"

"Hey. thats my... yes my lady."

"Here... the time HAM!"

The Empress gasps in amazement. "It's .... so ... HAMMY!"

"Everything is HAMMY in here my lady."

"Including this narration! Well carry on, my loyal Ham-mancer!"

"Just a moment, its chargi- oh hams..." *TIME TRAVEL*

They turn up in a room somewhere, with a sick person sitting and typing at a computer.

Thanks Happy. :smallbiggrin:
I know the game is supposed to start today, but I'm feeling kinda under the weather (by which I mean I'm horribly, nastily sick), so I'm shooting for tomorrow morning. Sorry guys. :smallsigh:

"Ewww... peasant germs!" the Empress says.

"Don't worry I carry the antidote!"

Festy's player jumps up. "You do! Give that here! I'll worry about who you are and why you're in my house later..."

The Royal Ham-mancer raises his Holy Symbol. "The power of HAM comples you pesant!"

Festy's player hisses and draws back.

"I DEMAND that you tell me who you are... whoever you are."

"I'm... wait, am I on the internet? I can't give my real name on the internet?!"

"This is the internet?... it's way smaller then I thought."

"Where is Uncle Festy?" The Empress demands.

"Er, I'm Uncle Festy. I mean, I play him on the internet..."

*gasp* "TREACHERY! No one "plays" on the internet! It's all serious and stuff!"

"Seize him!"

The Royal Ham-mancer summons Ham-bears who lumber towards the hapless player. "Yes, SEIZE him!"

As they do, the timeham returns them to the Empress's palace.

"Quickly. Toss this plague ridden peasant to the populace. That should keep them quiet for a while."

Uncle Festy's player was lynched.

Night One begins now and ends in 24 hours. Ish. Send all night actions to Uncle Festy, happyturtle and shadowcaller

Uncle Festy
2009-09-09, 04:50 PM
Oh, right.
Roles aren't revealed for night deaths.
Night should end in 25 hours, give or take.

Uncle Festy
2009-09-10, 08:59 PM
"So, 15 suspects?"
"Yessir. Well, nosir. Actually, 14, sir."
Killham raised an eyebrow. "Really? Who's off the list?"
"Recaiden, sir. He was lazing around in his house… when a bullet apparently was fired into his skull. Precisely, too. We're not dealing with an amateur here."
The Captain shrugged. "Well, it certainly makes our job easier if the suspects start killing each other."
Nevermore drew back in shock. "Captain! I'm shocked that you'd have such a flippant attitude towards death!"
"Well, yes, I guess you're –"
"Do you know what more death means?" Nevermore nearly shouted. "More paperwork! I would have thought you, of all people, would understand the consequences of our actions!"
"… so you weren't concerned about the potentially innocent human lives lost?"
Nevermore barked out a laugh. "Innocent human lives can jump off a bridge, as long as they sign their paperwork on the way out."

Summary
Recaiden was killed.
Since Recaiden was the only player who didn't vote yesterday, no one is up for autolynch.

Night One Ends.
Day Two Ends In 48 Hours

billtodamax
2009-09-11, 01:50 AM
So... we can lynch real people? Cool! I vote for My Sister for assuming I can fix the printer problem.

Hyozo
2009-09-11, 02:15 AM
I doubt Jontom Xire really missed the signup for this game. He probably planned with Festy to get a secret role ages ago. Autolynch replacement? I doubt it. Who autos out of Kaos?

TFT
2009-09-11, 03:24 AM
I doubt Jontom Xire really missed the signup for this game. He probably planned with Festy to get a secret role ages ago. Autolynch replacement? I doubt it. Who autos out of Kaos?

The Fiery Tower does!

...Oh wait, Crap!

Murska
2009-09-11, 08:48 AM
The Fiery Tower is collaborating with JX to grant him a special role by autoing!

Kyouhen
2009-09-11, 10:20 AM
Yes, The Fiery Tower must be lynched!

The Bookworm
2009-09-11, 03:50 PM
Kill The Fiery Tower. He's an [insert generic night killer here]!

happyturtle
2009-09-11, 03:51 PM
I'm going to go with Jontom Xire.

What? This is Kaos! Who says narrators can't vote.

Deathslayer7
2009-09-11, 03:54 PM
*iz confused*
*tosses logic out the window*
JONTOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM XIREEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Darkcomet
2009-09-11, 04:00 PM
Fiery Tower is obviously a beast or a joker. I shall ignore him.

But this Jontom wagon is a bit meh. I did that already. Instead, I shall point at Cheese Empress Happyturtle. Om nom nom.

Uncle Festy
2009-09-11, 04:01 PM
I'm going to go with Jontom Xire.

What? This is Kaos! Who says narrators can't vote.

Well, actually, I –

*realizes that Happy just killed him*

… don't…

>.>

UncleWolf
2009-09-11, 04:07 PM
Happyturtle! She turned me into a newt once!

<.<

>.>

Well, I got better.

Mordokai
2009-09-11, 04:26 PM
Personally, I think it was an improvement of your personality :smalltongue:

But hey, why the heck not? Happyturtle, I choose you!

PirateMonk
2009-09-11, 04:32 PM
Shadowcaller for also being a narrator/former narrator.

billtodamax
2009-09-11, 04:35 PM
So, we'll lynch my sister tomorrow then? Okey doke. Teh Empress of Cheese, Happyturtle!

Uncle Festy
2009-09-12, 07:15 PM
… hm.
We're short 3 votes, and day's almost over.
Get your votes in!

billtodamax
2009-09-12, 09:38 PM
Can I vote three more times? That means I'll have voted 5 times! Uh... Piratemonk Wolfbane and... Uncle Festy again.

Uncle Festy
2009-09-12, 09:46 PM
Yes. :smalltongue:
In other news, day's over. Night will begin shortly.

Uncle Festy
2009-09-12, 11:56 PM
Oh, right.
This.
>.<

Mayor Salazar straightened his tie. There had been no opposition to his reelection campaign – or, at least, none that couldn't be bought off. As election day came to a close, it was about time to go out and reaccept his position. He stepped out into the back of Town Hall's auditorium.
A tall, gray-haired man stood on stage, wearing a faded black suit. As official vote counter, he was also in charge of announcing the winner of the election to the assembled civic leaders. He stood there, grinning faintly. The election was a foregone result, and he was getting paid handily for announcing Salazar's victory with as much pomp as possible.
The clock struck seven. It was time.
The man took the envelope from a slightly worried-looking aide. Opening it, he pulled out the letter inside and flourished it dramatically. "Ladies and gentlemen, the mayor of Newfare City is… Jonathan Sala –!"
The man paused, as a small detail from the letter caught his eye. He brought it close to his face. He squinted at the first sentence. He pulled out his reading glasses, just to be sure. Then, hesitantly, he spoke into the microphone. "Er, that is to say, Empress Chelonie Happyturtle…"
"WHAT?" shouted Salazar. "Who is that? Was she even running? What's going on here!" He stormed up towards the stage, but froze as the vote-counter continued to read.
"Er, and… as is traditional, the penalty for… losing the election is… spontaneous… combustion…?"
Salazar took a deep breath in. "Oh, shi –"

Twenty seconds later, when the noise had stopped ringing in his ears, the old man opened his eyes. He looked around, and then down at his suit. "Well," he muttered, "this jacket is going to need a trip to the dry cleaners."

Summary
The Fiery Tower was lynched. He was Mayor "Redeye" Salazar.
Empress Chelonie Happyturtle has been elected Mayor of Newfare in his place.

Day Ends, Night Begins.
Night Two Ends in 24 Hours

Uncle Festy
2009-09-13, 09:45 PM
Since I'd like to give the full 24 hours, and I'm not going to have access to the internet from now until tomorrow afternoon, I'm gonna have to delay this update. I'll get it up ASAP, though.

Reinholdt
2009-09-13, 09:52 PM
Jontom Xire
It's night. I'm not a player. Neither is Jontom. What else did you expect?

Dallas-Dakota
2009-09-14, 12:28 AM
Reinholdt, because I haven't seen Jontom in a while.
None of us are players, and it's night. So?

Uncle Festy
2009-09-14, 09:18 PM
I sleep. But it is not truly sleep, for in my slumber I seek a path. A path towards my ultimate goal. I have a plan, I have a method, now I only need the path to return…

A dark room in a dark apartment. Two women stand together. One young and nervous, the other ancient and composed. The young woman carries a small child in her arms. "I've heard you're… you're the best doctor in the city," she said, quavering, "so I was… was hoping you could… could help my son?"
The ancient crone nods. "I will do all I can. Please wait outside while I see what can be done." The other woman left, and the hunchbacked woman peered at the child. "Yes… the boy is gone. But fortunately, that will not be an obstacle." She closes her eyes, raises her arms, and begins chanting words older than memory –

There it is.

– and something bursts from her magic, unbidden – chaotic. An indescribably powerful spirit flows into the child, warping it, growing it, graying it, lengthening teeth and ears, yellowing eyes…
And then he sits, shadows wrapping around him in an imposing robe. Festy, god of Kaos.
"You have served me well, mortal, if unwittingly. Now flee before I destroy you."
The witch, her eyes wide, runs from the room without a word.
"Good. Now, where was I? Oh yes, destroying the multiverse –"
He pauses. "What?" he mutters. "Where is my power?"
– and the door crashes open. Standing in the doorway, framed by the growing lights of dawn, stands the Empress. "Festy! Get out of my city!"
Festy smiles faintly. "Well, well, if it isn't my dear happiest of all turtles. Long time no see."
"I know. I killed you."
"That you did. I'm still not sure why, I must admit. We really had a nice dynamic going on. You were one of my greatest supporters. And then – you killed me. Why? Weren't we both on the side of chaos?"
Happy's lips pursed. "It's simple, isn't it? We may both be chaotic, but you're CE, and I'm CG."
Festy's smile broadened, and he extended a hand. "But why should that matter to us? Come, Happyturtle. Join me, and together we can rule the multiverse as Empress and God!"
Happy slapped the hand away. "I'll never join you, you undead freakshow!"
Festy stepped back, his expression suddenly serious. "This isn't 4chan, you know. You have no power here."
"And you do? Mustiado stole your soulgem."
"So that's who's responsible!" Festy's eyes narrowed. "Well, Happy, you've made one grave miscalculation. You see, I may not be a god here, but I'm still a level 23 Necromancer. Enervation."
The Empress' eyes widened in shock as the burst of negative energy surged through her. She collapsed to the floor, dead before she hit the ground.
"Well. That was easy," mutters Festy as he steps over Happy's corpse and out the door. Then he pauses. "Oh, and by the way? Really, don't lynch me again. It's getting old."

Summary
Happyturtle was killed.
Uncle Festy was raised from the dead.

NIGHT ENDS DAY BEGINS
DAY THREE ENDS ON WEDNESDAY AT 2200

Hyozo
2009-09-14, 10:33 PM
Then he pauses. "Oh, and by the way? Really, don't lynch me again. It's getting old.

Don't care, still pointing at Uncle Festy.

billtodamax
2009-09-15, 03:42 AM
Dog-people. Cats fo'eva!

Mordokai
2009-09-15, 06:03 AM
Hyozo, because lynching the narrator gets boring pretty fast.

The Bookworm
2009-09-15, 06:29 AM
Festy, until he posts a player list.

UncleWolf
2009-09-15, 10:28 AM
Dog-people. Cats fo'eva!

Hey! :smallannoyed:

And by the way, Uncle Festy. :smalltongue:

happyturtle
2009-09-15, 10:43 AM
... Is Bill trying to lynch a species? :smalleek:

UncleWolf
2009-09-15, 10:45 AM
... Is Bill trying to lynch a species? :smalleek:

He better not. :smallannoyed:

Mustiado
2009-09-15, 11:12 AM
Mmmm... this game is more about knowing when to avoid the wrath of Festy. Hyoso.

Kyouhen
2009-09-15, 11:21 AM
Muztiado is clearly swapping letters from people's names, and as such should be lynched.

Deathslayer7
2009-09-15, 11:57 AM
Indeed Hyozo

Freshmeat
2009-09-15, 01:27 PM
Arr!! This be mah preliminary pirate-themed point for TLAP day next Saturday, ye landlubbers.
*points at Piratemonk*
Arrrrr!

billtodamax
2009-09-15, 04:43 PM
No, I'm trying to lynch people that like dogs more than cats. All of them.

Uncle Festy
2009-09-15, 05:41 PM
Festy, until he posts a player list.

Isn't there still one in the first post? :smallconfused:
*pokes Happy to update it*

The Bookworm
2009-09-15, 05:50 PM
It's un-updated!

PirateMonk
2009-09-15, 06:14 PM
Bears are an even greater threat than dog-people.

happyturtle
2009-09-15, 07:18 PM
Forcing me to work for you after you killed me? That's necromancy for you.

First post updated.

Uncle Festy
2009-09-16, 09:06 PM
"So, we've got no evidence on this Murska guy?" Killham sat at his desk, facing Nevermore.
"Well, circumstantial, yes, but nothing concrete. We're gonna have to let him go."
"Alright, let's head over there."
Killham and Nevermore began walking to the next-door jail. Suddenly, the building shook with a massive BOOM. "What was that?" asked Nevermore, but Killham was already sprinting outside.
The jail was a pile of rubble. In the center stood Murska, looking unsteady on his feet, detonator in hand. "Hahaha," he laughed vaguely. "I blew up the jail. Whee, I'm free. Free as a bird…" He collapsed.
Killham turned to Nevermore. "So. Is that evidence enough?"

Summary
Murska, the Demoman, blew up the jail in an attempt to escape, and will be returned to the jail for another day/night rotation.
Hyozo was killed in the explosion. He was the Sniper.
Jontom Xire, Opeth Freak, and Fin escaped the jail in the explosion. They have now joined the game.

Day Ends, Night Begins.
Night 3 Ends in 48 Hours

Murska
2009-09-16, 09:18 PM
Hahaha. Mwahaha. AHAHAHAHA!

...back in jail. Darn.

Free as a bird... (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=np0solnL1XY)

Jontom Xire
2009-09-17, 04:07 AM
Reinholdt for pointing at me when I wasn't playing. I hope that now I AM playing you won't point at me.

Also I would like to announce that I have a completely neutral and boring role and win condition that threatens no-one and promises quite a tedious game, but as a completely neutral role that threatens no-one I'm going to have to generate some machiavellian scheming off my own bat, so I would like everyone to contact me, telling me their roles and victory conditions. I will then plug all this information into a computer program of devious complexity and calculate either:

1) The most fun that we can all have by leaking people's roles to other people, or
2) The most people that can possibly win and how to achieve that state, or
3) How to generate the maximum chaos and confusion by spreading information and disinformation throughout the remaining population of this game.

And now, heavily encoded, here is my role/victory condition.

.evivrus uoy fi emag eht niw ouY
.NIAGA .nwod edis-rettub tsaot ruoy deppord ev'uoy dna ,uoy tsniaga deggir si esrevinu eht ,daed uoy stnaw enoyrevE .ti fo erus er'uoy ,ouy teg ot tuo si dlrow ehT
.yellaH naerdA era uoY

Murska
2009-09-17, 04:10 AM
The Demoman reaches out through the cell bars at Jontom Xire. Hey, ya got a smoke, man?

happyturtle
2009-09-19, 03:01 PM
Night ends. Guest narration up soon.

Mordokai
2009-09-19, 03:06 PM
*steals pirate captain's hat... along with the captain*

You're going with me lass :smallamused:

Shadowcaller
2009-09-19, 03:10 PM

Pffh, I'm getting tired by both the ninjas and the pirates... I say we hunt down both those silly memes.

Murska
2009-09-19, 03:26 PM

*stabs through the heart with a katana* Excuse me, you're supposed to ask her first.

Mordokai
2009-09-19, 03:37 PM
You stole my katana! This is a grave insult and it must be punished!

*beheads Murska*

Murska
2009-09-19, 03:43 PM
*had no head in the first place* *pummels with crossed bones*

Mordokai
2009-09-19, 03:44 PM
You had no brains. That's not the same :smalltongue:

*gets pummeled*
*runs away and hides*

UncleWolf
2009-09-19, 04:51 PM
A killer stalks the street, looking for his next victim. He looks at a sign reading Madame Esmerelda Octavo. The killer smiles, perfect.

A block away, another suspect stalks the streets. Well, more of a tango honestly. The rhythm gets stuck in your head easily. Unfortunately for him, it slowed him down enough to get to the scene of the crime too late to commit his own heinous act. The second suspect enters the Madame's shop, only to find bloody bits strewn everywhere. He loses his lunch before he beats it out of the place.

Elsewhere...

Murska steps up to the line and sees the sign saying "Do Not Cross". The clerk behind the counter looks up and sets a shoebox on the counter next to an inventory sheet. He reads off a list as he takes the items out.

One wristwatch...broken...
One pack of cigarettes...
One black suit...
One pair of sunglasses... black...
One stick of chewing gum...
One pair of shoes...with one shoelace...
One pack of TNT...

He pauses at that last one, but shrugs before putting it all back into the box. Carefully.

Sign here. he says offering the sheet to Murska.

Summary:

Billtodamax was killed, he was Madame Esmerelda Octavo
Someone tried to abduct him, but was a tad late.
Murska was released from jail.

Night ends
Day 4 Begins

Murska
2009-09-19, 05:26 PM
Awesome!

Arrr, so as ye all probably know now, I be Th' Demoman. Ere want t' contact me?

EDIT: Also, Jontom Xire tries t' fish fer roles an' claims t' be havin' a win condition o' survive, in Ultimate Kaos? Aye starboard, Kaos`d nereuse somethin' like that.

@V Dude, ye`re a ninja.
Ya lily livered lanlubber!

EDIT2: Fix'd.

Mordokai
2009-09-19, 05:33 PM
*points at landlubber Murska*

Yarr! Shiver me timbers matey!

Murska
2009-09-19, 07:42 PM
Apparently JX has been jailed so I'll point at Wolfbane instead for being an evil nightkiller.

Kyouhen
2009-09-19, 07:43 PM
I vote for Wolfbane. All in favour, point accusingly!

:smallconfused:

No, no, at him. Not me. Seriously point at him. Stop that! :smallmad:

The Bookworm
2009-09-19, 09:14 PM
What's that, Kyouhen? You have a big banner that needs spoilering?

billtodamax
2009-09-20, 04:01 AM
Two people tried to kill me. What jerks. At least the first guy had the decency to make my death public. That second guy shall be nailed to the wall. In fact, I vote That second guy.

The Bookworm
2009-09-20, 07:24 AM
The banner was spoilered
And the people were oilered? (happy)
But who should we point at?
Wolfbane, because he wears a hat!

UncleWolf
2009-09-20, 09:10 AM
Okay...

Why is everyone suddenly trying to lynch me? Is it because I didn't do a good job on the narration? :smallfrown:

Opeth_Freak
2009-09-20, 09:33 AM
The Bookworm for making Wolfbane sad :smallannoyed:

Murska
2009-09-20, 09:45 AM
It was a good narration but I don't like people with a nightkill.

Kyouhen
2009-09-20, 09:48 AM
Two people tried to kill me. What jerks. At least the first guy had the decency to make my death public. That second guy shall be nailed to the wall. In fact, I vote That second guy.

Wait, would that work? Would doing that actually kill the other person who tried to kill you? :smallconfused:

UncleWolf
2009-09-20, 10:28 AM
It was a good narration but I don't like people with a nightkill.

But I don't have a nightkill. :smallannoyed:

Murska
2009-09-20, 11:00 AM
*shrug* My information says you do and it's been trustable enough thus far.

Deathslayer7
2009-09-20, 11:50 AM
Murska cause i like Wolfbane

billtodamax
2009-09-20, 04:31 PM
Wait, would that work? Would doing that actually kill the other person who tried to kill you? :smallconfused:

...Let's find out.

Uncle Festy
2009-09-20, 07:07 PM
Oh.
And Selrahc's corpse was discovered. (He was abducted night 1.)
EDIT: And considering Bill's dead? No, it probably wouldn't work. :smalltongue:

Selrahc
2009-09-20, 07:30 PM
Finally. Geez! I was starting to stink up the joint. :smalltongue:

Jontom Xire
2009-09-21, 03:35 AM
I haven't been jailed, Murska, or at least if I have, no-one's told me.

And how come noone's got in touch with me?

Opeth_Freak
2009-09-21, 08:33 PM
Wolfbane so he'll have an excuse to NOT be lynched in Harry Potter :smalltongue:

UncleWolf
2009-09-21, 08:35 PM
Wolfbane so he'll have an excuse to NOT be lynched in Harry Potter :smalltongue:

Thanks!
I think.:smallconfused::smalltongue:

Uncle Festy
2009-09-21, 08:58 PM
… ugh.
I was supposed to update today, wasn't I. :smallsigh:
Day ends tomorrow I guess.

Fin
2009-09-22, 06:47 AM
Deathslayer7

Also as an example that others may follow...

*stands around NOT giving Murska my role, despite him asking in a semi-convincing*

See? See how easy that was?

Uncle Festy
2009-09-22, 08:41 PM
Murska was walking down the street when he saw Murska. "Hey Murska!" said Murska. "How're you doing?"
"Pretty good, all told," replied Murska. "How about you?"
"Not bad," said Murska. "So, betrayed anyone lately?"
"Yeah, two or three people. Nothing much. You?" asked Murska.
"Four at once yesterday!" exclaimed Murska proudly.
"Nicely done," said Murska. "Well, I'll be seeing you!"
"Yeah, you too," said Murska, and kept on walking.

"Wait a second…" said Murska.
Murska spun around and charged at Murska, brandishing a grenade launcher. "I'll kill you, you impostor!" Murska yelled, firing a grenade at Murska. Murska turned towards Murska's shout, but it was too late – Murska's last sight was Murska's grenade flying towards him…
Murska walked over to Murska's corpse. "Alright. He'll be changing back into a spy any minute now, no doubt. Any… minute…"

Summary
Wolfbane was lynched. He was Murska "Eyeball" Greenyham.
Freshmeat, Mustiado, PirateMonk, and DarkComet must post tomorrow or be autolynched. (This will be posted tomorrow, but I'm just reminding myself.)

Day 4 Ends
Night 4 Ends in 24 Hours

UncleWolf
2009-09-22, 08:50 PM
Yep, dead in two games within 24 hours and for some reason I'm getting the feeling it'll be three. :smallsigh:

Funny narration though. :smallbiggrin:

Uncle Festy
2009-09-22, 08:56 PM
Funny narration though. :smallbiggrin:

Thanks! :smallsmile:
So was yours. :smallcool:

PirateMonk
2009-09-22, 09:00 PM
Yep, dead in two games within 24 hours and for some reason I'm getting the feeling it'll be three. :smallsigh:

Come to PlaygroundNomic (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=123172), a non-WW game where its currently impossible to die![/spam]

Wolfbane's Corpse to prevent autolynch.

Mustiado
2009-09-23, 11:31 AM
Yar! More Murska lynching!

Uncle Festy
2009-09-24, 09:02 PM
… sigh.
Let's just keep this moving.
Story will be edited in… eventually.

Tavern brawl between members of the Monk gang and the Pirate gang. Both claimed that a member of their gang was killed, starting the riot, but only one body was found. Odd, must look into later.

Officer Kyouhen finished his report, slipping it in his "out" tray. Whistling to himself, he stepped out of his office, locked the door… and walked down to the impromptu basement jail cells. He stepped inside one of them, locking it behind him. He chuckled to himself. "No one will expect to find a policeman in their own jailcell!" His mirth faded, though, as soon as he remembered why he needed to hide in the first place.
Kyouhen lay back, trying to fall asleep, but his nerves were acting up. Every sound around him seemed to be amplified. The rats skittering in the corners, the water dripping down from the dank roof, the wind whistling through the cracks in the walls, the old bed squeaking at his every move, the ticking of the clock, the –
"… wait a second. There's no clock in here, is there?"
Kyouhen sat up, looked around. No clock anywhere. He looked under his bunk, all around the cell – nothing. He slipped out of the cell, dug around the wardens' office. Nothing. No clock anywhere. But the ticking sound seemed to be coming from…
"The bathroom?" Kyouhen whispered. He opened the door, slipped inside – and saw the pipe bomb sitting in the bowl.
Tick. Tick. Tick. Tick. Ding!
"Oh, shi –"

BOOM!

Outside, a shadowy man stared at the newly wrecked building. "Dammit, not again!" he exclaims, before dashing away…

Summary
Kyouhen and Piratemonk were killed.
Darkcomet's abducted corpse was found.
EDIT: Freshmeat and Mustiado are in danger of autolynch.

Night 4 ends.
Day 5 ends in 48 hours.

Darkcomet
2009-09-24, 09:21 PM
I point at the fact that I am dead.

The Bookworm
2009-09-25, 06:25 AM
I point at Uncle Festy, for story's sake!

Jontom Xire
2009-09-25, 07:53 AM
Musrka tried to get me lynched. I think we ought to lynch him - for real this time!

And how come no-one has got back to me with my offer? I was thinking it would be a really fun and crazy thing to do - this is Ultimate Kaos after all, and it would get chaotic, I promise!

Murska
2009-09-25, 07:55 AM
Murska just was lynched. But Jontom Xire has been caught in a blatant lie. He claims to have a 'survival' win condition in Ultimate Kaos? That is impossible, Kaos would never stoop so low!

Jontom Xire
2009-09-25, 08:21 AM
This is Ultimate Kaos, so everyone gets some kind of role/special win condition.
I can't really be given a team win condition because that would be unfair to all the other teams that I didn't join.
If I had a win condition that consisted of killing one or two other people I would keep quiet about it while trying to gain allies lest they be part of a team that had a night kill or have a night kill themselves. I would have nothing to gain by lying.

I can't think of any other type of solo win condition that I could have been given, can you?

Ergo, I must be telling the truth and have a survivor win condition.

I will help anyone who asks me for help. Which I suspect will be no-one.

Tell you what, Murska. If you tell me your win condition I'll stop pointing at you. I would suggest teaming up...but you're Murska and after the last few months I no longer have ANY trust for you at all.

happyturtle
2009-09-25, 09:37 AM
Player list updated, you ungrateful disloyal mob of filthy peasants.

*goes back to being dead*

Murska
2009-09-25, 09:46 AM
You know, I'm getting a bit suspicious of this game.

Almost everyone I've talked to has claimed to have a win condition of 'outnumber the remaining players', even people who claim to not even have teammates. :smallconfused:

Maybe we should band together and torture the narrators until they spit it out?

Kyouhen
2009-09-25, 10:10 AM
I too shall point at the fact that I am dead. Clearly a wolf.

Murska
2009-09-25, 10:37 AM
This is a good point.

Let's lynch Death. Come on people, it'll be awesome!

Mustiado
2009-09-25, 03:56 PM
I'm liking this idea. Points at death.

Mordokai
2009-09-25, 03:57 PM
Just to be different, point at life.

Opeth_Freak
2009-09-25, 04:27 PM
Mordokai, because he wants to kill life :smallannoyed:

The Bookworm
2009-09-25, 08:22 PM
Death. Let's see if this works!

billtodamax
2009-09-25, 08:37 PM
Death once, and Death again.

Darkcomet
2009-09-25, 09:04 PM
This is a call to the dead: Who says we must accept our fates? Just as the Kaos God, Festy, rose from the grave, so too shall we! The living are already rebelling against his bony hand, and when he retreats back to this realm, we shall finish him!

I defy you, Death!

PirateMonk
2009-09-25, 10:25 PM
Death to Death!

Deathslayer7
2009-09-25, 10:47 PM
*pushes buzzer*

Life! I want life! :smalleek:

PirateMonk
2009-09-25, 10:48 PM
*pushes buzzer*

Life! I want life! :smalleek:

If you want life, why are you trying to get it killed?

Freshmeat
2009-09-26, 06:19 AM
I hereby sentence Death to itself!

Mordokai
2009-09-26, 12:28 PM
Well, well, well... look what we have here...

I cast Suggestion (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/suggestion.htm) on you. As a result, you must do the following tasks for me, not neccesarily in this order:

join a structured game, other than WW*
give a female member that's regular in SMBG or Structured a single red rose**
assassinate members of three different races, based on their avatars***
make a silly rhyme
write a ship for Shipping thread, about two members that gave their permission****
act like a drunkard for one post anywhere in SMBG
act as a preacher of randomly choosen DnD deity for one post in SMBG
display your geekiness by comparing the real life word and randomly choosen subject that's considered geeky by masses in one post*****

* A round of Squares of RAF counts, but is frowned upon, since it makes it too easy.
** It can be done inside SMBG or Structured, but for extra lulz, you can do it outside of them :smallbiggrin:
*** standard DnD races, with demons, devils, angels, dragons and similar... no catmuffins or similar.
**** Lenght not important.
***** Things that count: DnD, Startrek, Starwars... use your imagination here, it's a broad subject.

This spell persists until all the tasks have been accomplished and I have proof of them, by PM.

Opeth_Freak
2009-09-26, 12:37 PM
Well, well, well... look what we have here...

I cast Suggestion (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/suggestion.htm) on you. As a result, you must do the following tasks for me, not neccesarily in this order:

join a structured game, other than WW*
give a female member that's regular in SMBG or Structured a single red rose**
assassinate members of three different races, based on their avatars***
make a silly rhyme
write a ship for Shipping thread, about two members that gave their permission****
act like a drunkard for one post anywhere in SMBG
act as a preacher of randomly choosen DnD deity for one post in SMBG
display your geekiness by comparing the real life word and randomly choosen subject that's considered geeky by masses in one post*****

* A round of Squares of RAF counts, but is frowned upon, since it makes it too easy.
** It can be done inside SMBG or Structured, but for extra lulz, you can do it outside of them :smallbiggrin:
*** standard DnD races, with demons, devils, angels, dragons and similar... no catmuffins or similar.
**** Lenght not important.
***** Things that count: DnD, Startrek, Starwars... use your imagination here, it's a broad subject.

This spell persists until all the tasks have been accomplished and I have proof of them, by PM.

My Will save is too big for you to even think about suggesting me anything, har har har :smallbiggrin:

Freshmeat
2009-09-26, 12:41 PM
I think he targeted me.

Incidentally...

*shoots Opeth Freak*

Kill list:
Opeth Freak (human)
?
?

As good a start as any, I suppose.

Darkcomet
2009-09-27, 03:31 PM
*borrows Wolf's femur, pokes Festy with it*

Uncle Festy
2009-09-27, 03:41 PM
((Note: Previous scene has been edited in to the last post.
Don't have time to write the update for today myself, so Happy gets that job.))

happyturtle
2009-09-27, 05:09 PM
Day Five Ends

A pile of corpses lies stinking in the sun, waiting for Mayor Festy to sort through them to see which were appropriate to craft into undead. But as he arrives, one of the bodies begins to stir without his help and begins to speak (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYx6r8Fj9Sc).

"Death, be not proud, though some have called thee
Mighty and dreadful, for thou art not so;"

"What the hell? Rebuke Undead!" :smalleek: Festy gasps out.

But the woman pushes aside the bodies that lie atop her.

"For those whom thou thinkst thou dost overthrow
Die not, poor Death, nor yet canst thou kill me."

As she gets to her feet, she reaches down and takes the hand of a corpse and it surges to life at her touch.

"From rest and sleep, which but thy pictures be
Much pleasure; then from thee much more must flow"

Festy backs away. He can make the dead walk again, but he can't make them live. This is true necromancy, and he doesn't know how to fight it.

"And soonest our best men with thee do go
Rest of their bones and soul's delivery."

One by one, the dead rise and stand next to the woman who raised them, Lady Diamonda Octavo, who had somehow cheated death itself to return to life.

"Thou art slave to Fate, Chance, kings, and desperate men,
And dost with poison, war, and sickness dwell,"

Not all of the dead answer her call. But those who do form a circle, and inside the circle, darkness begins to gather.

"And poppies or charms can make us sleep as well
And better than thy stroke. Why swellst thou then?"

The darkness begins to take the shape of a familiar figure bearing a scythe.

"One short sleep past, we wake eternally,
And death shall be no more; "

Every person around the circle raises a hand to point at death as Lady Diamondo Octavo pronounces the last four words of her incantation.

"Death, thou shalt die!"

And inside the circle, Death collapses in a crumpled heap.

Death is lynched.

Darkcomet, happyturtle, Kyouhen, billtodamax, and PirateMonk are returned to life.

"But... you .... you can't do that!" Mayor Festy spits out, furiously.

Lady Octavo smiles back at him. "I already have. I returned you to life. I returned myself to life. I returned these to life. And now, no more will die!"

"But without Death...."

"That's right. Without Death, there will be no corpses for you to animate. Your power is gone."

"Then you have defeated me." He staggers back a few steps and stumbles, as if the loss was a physical blow. Trying to catch himself, his hand touches the dead hand of Death.

"Indeed."

"Then there's only one thing I can say," Festy says, then looks up, his mouth twisting into a smirk. "Animate Dead."

Unholy magic gathers at his command and animates the corpse of Death.

"Now, take care of this lot," he orders his newest minion, and points at Lady Octavo. "Starting with her."

Uncle Festy gains command of Death.

Darkcomet, happyturtle, Kyouhen, billtodamax, and PirateMonk are returned to death.

Night 5 begins, and ends in 24 hours or so. Please send all night actions to Uncle Festy and happyturtle.

billtodamax
2009-09-27, 05:22 PM
Aww... Foiled again, DC!

Darkcomet
2009-09-27, 05:26 PM
Curses. *strikes one off the convoluted post-mortem scheme list*

Selrahc
2009-09-27, 05:44 PM
How about we all just become zombies? That seems like the best solution. Then we get to eat people.

Kyouhen
2009-09-27, 06:05 PM
Curses. *strikes one off the convoluted post-mortem scheme list*

Never fear, I have a new idea!

I point at mortality!

Darkcomet
2009-09-27, 06:24 PM
I dunno, this seems kinda used at this point. <.<

On the bright side, the narrator-killers have to be more creative now.

Mustiado
2009-09-28, 12:09 PM
That was freakin' epic.

Uncle Festy
2009-09-30, 09:11 PM
Mordokai slips through the doorway, cloaked and hooded. He grins. "We'll finish you yet, Murska…"
… and then he notices his target, sitting in a comfortable armchair. "Well, hello there," says the Demoman.
Mordokai whips out a silenced pistol, pointing it at Murska. "Don't move."
"I wouldn't pull that trigger, if I were you."
"Why not?"
"Why should I tell you? I just thought I'd give you fair warning."
"Yeah, right. As if."
"Don't do this. You'll regret it."
"Oh, shut up, eyeball." Mordokai snorts audibly, and then pulls the trigger.
BANG!
As the smoke clears, Murska looks at the shattered remains of the rigged pistol. "Can't say I didn't warn him."

… in other news, Mustiado was crushed by a falling piano, and Deathslayer was chased out of town by a horde of rabid butterflies.

Summary
Mordokai tried to kill Murska, but was asploded.
Mustiado died horribly.
Deathslayer disappeared.

Murska
2009-09-30, 09:21 PM
Nice try man, nice try. Anyone else want to try kill me? :smallamused:

happyturtle
2009-09-30, 09:24 PM
Ooh! Pick me! Pick me!

*hugstabs Murska*

Murska
2009-09-30, 09:25 PM
*rigged dagger explodes... inside Murska* Oops. x.x

Jontom Xire
2009-10-01, 02:45 AM
Is there any reason we can't lynch Murska?

Murska
2009-10-01, 10:57 AM
So when you can't kill him, you try and lynch him? Well, rest assured, I'll have a little surprise for whoever points at me last. :smallamused:

Meanwhile, Uncle Festy has control of Death so I really think we should rid ourselves of him soon. But eh...

Jontom Xire yet again since he pointed at me.

Hyozo
2009-10-01, 11:08 AM
Meanwhile, Uncle Festy has control of Death so I really think we should rid ourselves of him soon. But eh...

Nonsense! We should rid ourselves of the narrator whenever possible. That is the way of the Kaotik. Uncle Festy, I know I'm dead and can't point at you, you know I'm dead and can't point at you, but I don't know I'm dead and can't point at you.

((Please realize that I'm only doing this because I don't think I could get away with it to night kill you))

Opeth_Freak
2009-10-01, 01:29 PM
Fin, because I'm hungry, and I enjoy watching Murska and JX fighting without giving advantage to anyone :smallbiggrin:

Murska
2009-10-01, 02:50 PM
Fin, because I'm hungry, and I enjoy watching Murska and JX fighting without giving advantage to anyone :smallbiggrin:

But what if I point at Fin? Ha!

The Bookworm
2009-10-01, 06:31 PM
Is Fin away? I haven't seen him lately?

happyturtle
2009-10-01, 06:35 PM
Murska. Definitely Murska.

Darkcomet
2009-10-01, 06:37 PM
I'll never give up! Uncle Festy's control of death must be eliminated!

RAR!

Deathslayer7
2009-10-01, 06:43 PM
Fin hasnt been on the board in ages. and should porbably have been auto-lynched by now.

anyway. oh where oh where did that deathslayer go? :smallamused:

points at Festy's command of death

Jontom Xire
2009-10-02, 02:31 AM
Enough with the silly non-lynch points. I go with Fin because there are night kills going on and I don't want to be targetted, so let's lynch the killers! Here's hoping Fin is one.

Freshmeat
2009-10-02, 09:08 AM
Fin and stuff.

Uncle Festy
2009-10-02, 05:06 PM
Ok, gone for 48 hours.
Happy, the update is yours. :smallsmile:

Uncle Festy
2009-10-04, 06:44 PM
…well that worked. :smallconfused:
Happy? You there?

happyturtle
2009-10-04, 06:47 PM
>.<

D'oh....

I... completely forgot. Murska, why didn't you poke me or something?

Murska
2009-10-04, 06:49 PM
Because, uh, someone exploded a dagger in my gut?

Uncle Festy
2009-10-04, 07:10 PM
Don't worry, it happens to all of us.
Even me.
*looks back over track record of narration posting times*
… er, especially me. :smalltongue:
You mind doing it now? Not sure I have time tonight. :smallsmile:

happyturtle
2009-10-04, 08:45 PM
End of Day.... eh, I've lost count.

It wasn't easy being a paladin in a city run by a kaotic evil necromancer, but he was damn sure going to try his best. Evil needed to be smited, and he was just the man to smite it.

It wasn't his fault that his search for evil to smite often led him to the bad side of town. And maaaaybe, when he was questioning the local *ahem* "personal service providers", he often found it most convenient to do so from their bedrooms. After paying the ladies for their services, of course. And tipping generously.

Of course, by the time he got around to following up on any leads, the trail had often gone cold. So it really wasn't his fault that he hadn't smitten any evil at all since breaking out of prison. Was it?

Occasionally he found himself at the wrong bedroom at the wrong time. Sometimes it led him to hiding in a closet or under the bed until he could sneak out. Sometimes it led to accusations from the wronged husband and tears from the cheating wife while the naughty paladin covered himself with a pillow and tried to pretend it wasn't there. Sometimes it led to black eyes or broken bones.

And one time it led to him being tossed out of a window to land impaled on a cast iron fence.

Fin was murdered by a jealous husband. He was Mordokai "Unicode" Mayer.

Night whatever the hell it is starts now and ends in 24 hours...

Uncle Festy
2009-10-04, 08:57 PM
And the final five… :smallamused:
Opeth? Jontom? Freshmeat? Murska? Bookworm?
Prepare… to prove yourselves.

Murska
2009-10-04, 09:03 PM
I already have, dear Festy. My tonight's plan is to blow your head up... with a headache! :smallbiggrin:

happyturtle
2009-10-05, 09:11 AM
http://i431.photobucket.com/albums/qq40/happyturtle-avs/lolcats/00029b8a.jpg

Uncle Festy
2009-10-05, 07:58 PM
Ok.
Too much to do tonight, not enough time.
I'm closing off actions at 10:00 so I can figure out what happened and write up a scene for tomorrow.
I hope. >.<

Uncle Festy
2009-10-06, 08:35 PM
*sighs*
I know what I want to write, but I really don't have time to write it.
Update will come ASAP, this weekend at the latest.

Uncle Festy
2009-10-09, 05:10 PM
Gone for 48 hours. Update will hopefully be Monday night.
Sorry, guys, my computer crashed.

happyturtle
2009-10-16, 12:22 AM
The Empress rises from her grave and smirks at the Mayor's office.

"If you want me to stay dead, you're going to have to do your job. Where's the update?"

Murska
2009-10-22, 05:54 AM
Update! UPDATE! Update! UPDATE!

happyturtle
2009-10-29, 02:45 PM
Won't someone PLEASE think of the children?!

Mordokai
2009-10-29, 02:47 PM
WHAT?! I've cleaned them up, fed them, put them to bed, give them their teddy bear... what else am I supposed to do? :smallannoyed:

happyturtle
2009-10-29, 02:49 PM
WHAT?! I've cleaned them up, fed them, put them to bed, give them their teddy bear... what else am I supposed to do? :smallannoyed:

Don't you mean "fed on them"? :smalltongue:

Mordokai
2009-10-29, 02:51 PM
Details, details :smalltongue:

I'd fed on the narrator, but he seems kinda pale. In fact, he doesn't seem to be around at all... lot of good that does me :smalltongue:

happyturtle
2009-10-29, 02:53 PM
Is it time to threaten to lynch Festy in every game until we get the update?

Mordokai
2009-10-29, 02:55 PM
That won't help much either.

He's dead all around the place :smalltongue:

Uncle Festy
2009-10-29, 07:27 PM
Braaaains…
Ok, but srsly, life's been crazy.
I have some spare time tonight, so shooting for an update within the next 90 minutes. If not? Over the weekend.
Oh dear, and I need to start Ravnica too… >.<

Darkcomet
2009-10-29, 09:21 PM
Blar!

Don't make me rise from the dead again, Festy...

Mordokai
2009-11-01, 10:53 AM
*yawns and pours a galon of holy water over Festy*

And I'm keeping doing it until there's only ashes left or we get an update, whichever comes first.

Uncle Festy
2009-11-01, 09:24 PM
Jontom Xire slid his way through the streets of the city. He didn't like walking this late, but the bus had turned into a hippopotamus, so it wasn't like he had any choice –
And Opeth Freak leapt from the shadows, sinking a dagger into Jontom's back.
Jontom stopped in his tracks.
Opeth pulled the dagger out, grinning… and then stared at Jontom's still-immobile form. "Hey, buddy. You gonna fall over now or something?"
Jontom failed to respond.
Opeth shrugged. "Eh, whatever. Not my problem." He turned around, and strolled nonchalantly away from Jontom.
Something rustled behind him.
Opeth spun around, just in time to be bowled over by Jontom – but something had changed. Jontom's eyes were a blood red, and his incisors extended into sharpened fangs. "You fool," he whispered into Opeth's ear. "I am Lord Jontom de Sanguine. How did you expect to harm me with a mere – urk."
Jontom's expression suddenly shifted from malice to pain. "No," he groaned, "no, this isn't possible! How… I can't… oh gods, why does this always happen to me…" And with that, Jontom collapsed.
Opeth's heartbeat gradually slowed. He pushed Jontom's corpse off of him, stood, pulled out his dagger and gazed at it contemplatively. "Well, huh. Who woulda thought that washing my dagger with garlic would save my life?"

Elsewhere, Murska's house was being infiltrated. Again.
Freshmeat stepped inside, gun already drawn. Murska, as usual, was waiting for him, a small object clutched in his right hand.
"So, once again, someone tries to take my life. And, once again, I wouldn't suggest trying it."
Freshmeat smirked, wryly. "What, did you rig my gun with explosives too?"
Murska grinned sheepishly as he broke Freshmeat's gaze. "Well, uh, yeah, I do. But I, er… I kinda lost the trigger."
"Wait, what?" said Freshmeat.
"Never mind!" says Murska, suddenly all smiles. "Because this time, I've rigged myself with explosives!" He waves the small object in his hand. "It's a deadman switch. Kill me, and this whole place explodes!"
"… right," says Freshemeat. "So, yeah. If you don't mind, I'm just gonna leave now."
"But of course," smirks Murska. "That's what I wanted after all… a… ah… ah… CHOO!"
He lowers his hand from his face. "Right, now where was I?"
But Freshmeat is frozen, eyes locked on Murska's right hand. Murska follows his gaze, to his open palm… with the released deadman switch inside.
"Oh, shi –"

KRAKOOOOOOM!!!

A full moon, nearly set, illuminates the darkened city. Opeth slowly walks down the street, an open ledger in one hand and a pen in the other. Bookworm walks in the other direction, holding an old cellphone.
Opeth grins as he scribbles something in the ledger and snaps it shut. Across from him, Bookworm dials a number on his phone.
"Mission accomplished," says Opeth, to himself. "The Chaotic forces in this city have been reduced to equal those of the Lawful contingent."
"Yes, sir," says Bookworm into the phone. "We have secured control of the city."
The two look up, suddenly noticing each other.
"… so, do we both win now?" asks Bookworm.
"There's nothing in the rules against it, so… yeah, I guess so," replies Opeth.
"Sweet!" says Bookworm. "We win!"
The two pull back for an epic hi-five…
"You'd think so." A voice, deep and scratchy, comes from a shadowed alleyway. "But you'd be wrong." Moonlight glints off of a scythe… and Uncle Festy steps forward.
"So you're the one behind all this!" gasps Opeth.
"No, not exactly. I'm more of a… final boss, let us say. You, Bookworm. You think you rule this city? Well, I'm still the mayor! And you, Opeth. You think you've eliminated all Chaos in this city? Well, what am I, chopped liver?"
"Wait, you're not a sliced up internal organ?" says Opeth.
"Shut up. As I was saying, if you want to win, you'll have to go through me first."
Bookworm shakes his head. "Come now, let's try and be diplomatic about this."
Festy barks out a laugh. "Diplomacy? With an incarnation of Kaos? I don't see how you plan on managing that."
"Then you clearly haven't met my ambassador." Bookworm whips out a powerful-looking Revolver and fires it straight at Festy's head. The necromancer's neck whips backwards with the force of impact, and he looks up again just in time to take another bullet to the face. Bookworm smirks, reloads, and fires –
"Kaos Transmute!"
Festy raises his hand, catching the rosebud flying at him with ease. "Yeah, that's not happening." He leaps forward, raises his scythe…*and lops of Bookworm's head. Bookworm's body collapses, which Festy kicks. "You thought you could stand against Kaos? Well, you were wrong. Nothing can –"
"Dead Ringer, bitch!" Bookworm suddenly shifts into visibility, shoving a pocketknife into the necromancer's back. Festy snarls in pain, spinning around and jabbing Bookworm in the chest with the butt of his scythe. Bookworm goes over backwards, and Festy raises his scythe –
And Opeth Freak grabs Uncle Festy's wrist.
Festy sighs. "Alright, this whole 'whoops, you're a moron!' gag is getting old, so let's cut to the chase. What, exactly, is this supposed to do?"
"Four words," says Bookworm. "I initiate a grapple."
Festy's eyes widen in shock. "…n… no…" he whispers. "I… this can't… I won't…" He falls to his knees, wrist still caught in Opeth's grip.
"Nicely done," says Bookworm, reaching out to Opeth. The Rules Lawyer helps the Spy stand. "Well, that's that, I guess."
"No…"
Festy slowly stands, eyes glowing with dark energy. "No. I will not be held." He locks eyes with Opeth. "I am the lord of Kaos, the master of Death. I am entropy and enthalpy incarnate. I will not be held by your simple rules!" He pulls his hand from Opeth's slackening grip. "BOW BEFORE ME, MORTALS!" Festy raises his scythe, cackling madly, as Opeth and Bookworm are slowly dragged to their knees.
And then, from behind him, someone begins applauding. Slowly. "Well done, Festy. Well done, to all of you. Your services have been commendable, but they are… no longer needed."
Uncle Festy turns around, slowly. "So. At long last, you show yourself. It's about time I was able to get my revenge on you."
"Oh, no, it's far too late for that." Mustiado steps out of the shadows, shaking his head while smirking. "You see, when I reached this city, the power of the Heart of Kaos began draining away." Mustiado pulls the dull gemstone from his pocket. "But as it did so, the power of Kaos began growing around us. Your efforts, as well as those of Bookworm, Opeth, and their…*contemporaries… only helped to accelerate the process. And now –"
"DAMMIT! NO EXPOSITION!" screams Festy, swinging his scythe at Mustiado.
Mustiado steps backwards, raising the Heart of Kaos – and in a flash of multicolored light, Festy is gone. In his place is a cute, undead rabbit holding a rubber scythe. "What?" squeaks the rabbit. "I… I don't understand…"
Mustiado shakes his head. "You should have let me finish." Mustiado gestures to the Heart… which isn't quite as dim as it first appeared. "You see, the Heart wasn't losing power. It was giving power to the environment around it, forming an equilibrium so that the Heart could actually exist. And now, with the Kaos of the city reaching unheard-of levels? The Heart now holds enough power to reclaim the rest!"
"Um…" says Opeth, "… that makes no sense whatsoever."
"Shut up," says Mustiado.
"No, really, that's totally illogical," adds Bookworm.
"Shut. UP!" shouts Mustiado.
"I mean seriously," chuckles Opeth, "Kaotic equilibrium between a gemstone and an entire plane? That's ridiculous!"
"I SAID SHUT UP!" screams Mustiado. "You want to see ridiculous? I'll show you ridiculous when I've drained the very life force out of your pitiful worthless bodies!"
"… Ok, villain with superweapon ranting about destroying them all?" the rabbit mutters. "That would be my cue to leave. Plane Shift!" The rabbit formerly known as Festy disappears, but Mustiado doesn't seem to notice. He's holding the Heart above his head, kaotic energies swirling around him in a rough sphere, growing, expanding, filling the entire city –
Until a blinding flash of light engulfs it all.
And then all that remains of the city is a perfect half-sphere shaped crater and Mustiado, pulsating Heart held above his head. He smirks. "Well. That took long enough. Now, then. Kaos Teleport."
And then there is silence.

Summary
Jontom Xire was killed thanks to bad luck. He was Adrean Halley De Sanguine.
Murska blew himself up, taking Freshmeat with him. Murska was the Demoman, and Freshmeat was Lady Diamonda Octavo.
The Lawful players have outnumbered the non-Lawful players, which means Opeth Freak wins!
Team RED has outnumbered all other players, which means The Bookworm wins!

Rule teims!
Kyouhen:

You are Sergeant David Stone.

You’ve played this game before. Different players, different pieces, different moves, but the game’s always the same – you against the world. And with odds like those, you’re not willing to tolerate anyone who’s too eager to flip sides. Besides, flip-flopping makes you queasy.

Each night, you may choose a player. That player is considered removed from the game for that night and the following day. They may not use or be targeted by night actions, and they cannot vote, speak, or be lynched the following day. You win the game once all mobsters and neutrals are removed from the game.

The Firey Tower:

You are Mayor “Redeye” Salazar.

You’ve never been good at making friends, and your left eye, red and bloodshot, didn’t make it any easier. So you decided that it would be easier to buy your friends instead. You’ve bought your way into affluence, into influence, and into office, and you’ll buy your way through this chaos if it kills you.

If you would be targeted by a night action, instead that action is voided and you bane and daybane the player who used that action. However, you can only bribe your way to safety three times per night, so if you would need to bribe more that three players, you bribe three random players instead. You win if you survive.

Selrahc:

You are Doctor “Weasel” Cheddarson.

You’re an old hand at this mafia business. As a Doctor specializing in “no questions asked” injuries, you’ve declared yourself neutral territory. That doesn’t mean everyone stays out of your hair, though, and you know enough to make sure that if the cops – or the hit men – come knocking, it’ll be on someone else’s door.

Every other night, you may choose another player. If you would be targeted that night, the chosen player is targeted instead. You win if you survive.

Freshmeat:

You are Madame Rubeira Octavo

Once, you and your sister were the two greatest mystics in the country. But Esmerelda got involved in one of the Mafias, and you… well, you ran into a ghost that wouldn’t go away. But this is no ordinary ghost. This is a vengeful spirit, and it doesn’t plan on going away until you get revenge. If only it could remember who it wanted revenge on…

At the end of each day, your spirit whispers to you some vague recollection about who it wants killed. At night, you may choose a player for your spirit to kill. You win once your spirit gets revenge and leaves you alone.

Deathslayer7:

You are Lord Dominar De Sanguine.

You are a vampire, and one of the world’s few remaining mythic creatures. You have come seeking domination of this city, and will not rest until you – or one of your children – rules supreme. Well, rules supreme over a bunch of corpses. But that’s ok too.

Each day, you may choose a player. At the end of the day, that player will be asked if they will let you into their house. If they accept, you will pass the gift of the vampire onto them. You, however, die in the process – though your spirit remains and can counsel the new vampire. The chosen player gains all of your abilities – including this one – as well as keeping their own abilities. If they use this ability, the new vampire can speak to both of you, and gains both of your actions. In addition, each vampire survives the first time they would otherwise die. You and your children win the game if you eliminate all but one other player.

Wolfbane:

You are Murska “Eyeball” Greenyham.

You’re a backstabber, through and through. You thrive on betraying those whose trust you’ve earned. Oh, and you’re a green eyeball, not that anyone else seems to notice.

Up to two times each night, you may choose a player and a role name. If the chosen player has the chosen role, they are killed. You win if you eliminate all but one other player.

You are Team BLU.

As a massive, pancontinental corporation of doom, you obviously want to muscle in on this insignificant, slum-filled city. Your job is to take over, and too bad for any policemen or mobsters who get in your way.

Your team has been assigned:

One Sniper (Hyozo). The sniper is a master marksman, whose sharpshooting cannot be stopped. Each night, the Sniper can kill a single player. That kill cannot be voided or baned.

One Spy (Bookworm). The spy is a paragon of infiltration, unseeable and unstoppable. Each night, the Spy can disguise himself as whatever role he wants and sneak behind enemy lines to scry a single player. In addition, he can turn invisible once to avoid death.

One Demoman (Murska). The demoman doesn’t need a fancy introduction – he just likes blowing stuff up. Each night, the Demoman can set up bombs around a single player’s house. If that player tries to use a night action, the action is voided and (if the void is successful) the player dies.

You win the game once Team BLU outnumbers or equals all other players.

Bookworm:

You are Team BLU.

As a massive, pancontinental corporation of doom, you obviously want to muscle in on this insignificant, slum-filled city. Your job is to take over, and too bad for any policemen or mobsters who get in your way.

One Sniper (Hyozo). The sniper is a master marksman, whose sharpshooting cannot be stopped. Each night, the Sniper can kill a single player. That kill cannot be voided or baned.

One Spy (Bookworm). The spy is a paragon of infiltration, unseeable and unstoppable. Each night, the Spy can disguise himself as whatever role he wants and sneak behind enemy lines to scry a single player. In addition, he can turn invisible once to avoid death.

One Demoman (Murska). The demoman doesn’t need a fancy introduction – he just likes blowing stuff up. Each night, the Demoman can set up bombs around a single player’s house. If that player tries to use a night action, the action is voided and (if the void is successful) the player dies.

You win the game once Team BLU outnumbers or equals all other players.¨

… or at least, that’s what you want them to think.

You are The Spy, but not the spy your teammates think you are. In fact, you are the Spy for Team RED – disguised as the Spy for Team BLU. How… clichÈ.

You win the game if Team RED outnumbers or equals all other players.

Murska:

You are Team BLU.

You win the game once Team BLU outnumbers or equals all other players.¨

You are The Demoman of First Person Shouter, reviewing game demos left and right. Though your name comes from TF2, your true allegiance lies with your fellow bloggers. You win the game if the Blog Mafia outnumbers or equals all other players.

You are the Cult of Cthulu.

As venerators of the great abomination who dwells in the depths of R’yleh, you seek domination over this pathetic jumble of shacks and humanity as a staging ground for your master’s return. With Cthulu’s power flowing through your veins, nothing can stand in your way! Well, except kittens.

Your cult includes:

The Master of Sacrifices (Mordokai). The Master is a shadowy figure, procured by the cult due to his skill at obtaining victims – willing or not. Each night, the Master can abduct a single player.

The Bearer of the Dark One’s Eye (Mustiado). The Bearer holds the gem known as the Eye of Cthulu. Each night, he can turn his eye on the player of his choice. That player is protected from death, but his identity is stripped bare for the Dark One to see.

The Keeper of the Dread Portal (Piratemonk). The Keeper guards the most evil doorway in the universe, and to him, all doors are one. Every other night, he can choose two players. If either player would be targeted with a non-kill action, instead that action targets the other player.

You win the game once the Cthulu Cult outnumbers or equals all other players.

Mustiado:

As venerators of the great abomination who dwells in the depths of R’yleh, you seek domination over this pathetic jumble of shacks and humanity as a staging ground for your master’s return. With Cthulu’s power flowing through your veins, nothing can stand in your way! Well, except kittens.

Your cult includes:

The Master of Sacrifices (Mordokai). The Master is a shadowy figure, procured by the cult due to his skill at obtaining victims – willing or not. Each night, the Master can abduct a single player.

The Bearer of the Dark One’s Eye (Mustiado). The Bearer holds the gem known as the Eye of Cthulu. Each night, he can turn his eye on the player of his choice. That player is protected from death, but his identity is stripped bare for the Dark One to see.

The Keeper of the Dread Portal (Piratemonk). The Keeper guards the most evil doorway in the universe, and to him, all doors are one. Every other night, he can choose two players. If either player would be targeted with a non-kill action, instead that action targets the other player.

You are The Bearer of the Dark One’s Eye, but you do not hold the eye of Cthulu. In truth, you hold the Eye of Vecna. As a member of the Cult of Vecna, you have infiltrated the Cult of Cthulu to ensure they do not gain too much power and to steal their lunch money.

You win the game once the Cult of Vecna outnumbers or equals all players.

Piratemonk:

Your cult includes:

You are The Keeper of the Dread Portal, a member of a secret mob of Doormen. (Yes, really.) Your mafia controls all passage through all doors in the city, and your job is to control the Dread Portal, most ominous of all doorways.

You win the game once the Doorman Mafia outnumbers or equals all other players.

Recaiden:

You are Davie “Powderhead” Cologne.

You’re the drug dealer of the Cologne Mafia. Everyone who comes your way leaves in a happy daze, unpredictable and untrackable. You’ve made plenty of cash selling your “powdered happiness” to everyone with the dough to buy it, and this chaos isn’t gonna get in your way.

Each night, you may choose a player other than yourself. All actions made by and targeting that player have their targets randomized instead. You win once the Cologne Mafia outnumbers or equals all other players.

Billtodamax:

You are Madame Esmerelda Octavo

Once, you and your sister were the two greatest mystics in the country. But after your sister disappeared, you joined the Gypsy Mafia. Your talents lend themselves to communing with the dead to see what they were in life – though this is rarely a pleasant revalation.

Once each night (starting on the second night) you may commune with the spirit of a night-killed player to see what their role was in life. You win if the Gypsy Mafia outnumbers or equals all other players.

Darkcomet:

You are Lady Diamonda Octavo

Your daughters fool themselves into thinking that their dabblings with dark magic are significant, but you know the truth. While they cast around, seeking out the whispers of ghosts and spirits, you cut out the middleman. With the help of the Shadow Mafia, your work is in the darkest of all magics – pieomancy necromancy.

Every other night, starting on the second night, you may call the spirit of a player killed at night back to their body, restoring them to life. You win once the Shadow Mafia outnumbers all other players.

Jontom Xire:

You are Adrean Halley.

The world is out to get you, you're sure of it. Everyone wants you dead, the universe is rigged against you, and you've dropped your toast butter-side down. AGAIN.

You win the game if you survive.

Opeth Freak:

You are the Rules Lawyer.

You really can't stand the chaos in this city. Pointing at narrators? Lynching species? Shaving kittens? It's getting ridiculous, and it's time for you to lay down the law.

You may not break the rules of the game (point at real players, point every day, don't do anything absurd, ect.) In addition, each night, you may kill a single player that publicly broke the rules in the thread.

You win once the Lawful players equal or outnumber all other players.

Fin:

You are Mordokai "Unicode" Mayer.

People call you Unicode because you don't really have one – a code, that is. You pretty much just do whatever you feel is right – as long as the baddies end up dead. Others don't feel that way, though –*especially when they're the mayor and find you in bed with their daughter.

But that's all behind you now that you're out of jail, and it's back to flirting smiting for you!

Each night, you may choose a player and either Detect Evil or Smite Evil. If you use the former, you will be informed if the chosen player is good, neutral, or evil. If you use the latter, and your target is evil, they die. If your target is neutral, you cannot use any night actions on the next night. If the target is good, you cannot use any night actions for two nights.

You win once the Good players equal or outnumber all other players.

Turbo-commentary!

This cracked me up. Because this is actually the basic concept of the game. :smalltongue:
Basically, everyone's win condition was to be one of the two last people standing – but they didn't know it.
As for the roles? Let's be honest, most of them were just me amusing myself… and, as per usual, testing out a couple of role ideas. All of which got killed, as usuall. :smallannoyed:
Oh, but two role explanations are in order. First, Freshmeat's role: He was possessed by the spirit of a psychotic mass-murderer, who wouldn't be happy until everyone (or almost everyone) was dead. :smalltongue:
Secondly, Jontom's role: Adrean Halley. Well…*Adrean is apparently latin for Dark, and Halley is a Comet. So… I wonder who that role was inspired by? :smallwink:
DC's role was the Gamebreaker. His job was to survive, but unlike everyone else, he would automatically end the game if there were THREE people left, thereby breaking the game's very concept. That was Happy's idea, IIRC. ^^
To counter his ability, we made him unbaneable and starting each day with 1 point. That's why when he was recruited and got the dodge death ability (which is basically an autobane) it didn't work. :smallbiggrin:
So yeah, that pretty much wraps up what I want to say for now. I'll be back in a few days with trophies of some sort.
Happy? You want to comment?
… oh, and that reminds me. Happy, you were a kickass co-narrator. You've totally got dibs on co-narrating UKV, if you want it. :smallbiggrin:
That's a ways down the line though… eh.

Whoof. And ITS OVAR!
Comments? Thoughts? How were the roles? How were the narrations? How was my punctuality? :smallwink: Would you play again? Would you trick your friends into joining the madness? Can I have some cake? Ectcetera, ectcetera…

EDIT: Just looked at my post. :smalleek:
Note to self –*stop writing so much… >_<

Darkcomet
2009-11-01, 09:32 PM
I wonder if anyone noticed my role reveal after the lynching death incident.

Also, I am the one who resurrected Festy. :smallamused:

Uncle Festy
2009-11-01, 09:35 PM
And Hyozo was the one who killed Happy.
Epic Duel FTW! ^^

Darkcomet
2009-11-01, 09:49 PM
Truth be told, I was never really trying to win. Only to make people go 'WTF'.

I like to think I succeeded.

The Bookworm
2009-11-01, 10:13 PM
That was fun! Go Team RED! (Well, just me, but, but, but...) My imaginary friends join Team RED!

Mustiado
2009-11-01, 10:29 PM
Wait, what? I didn't get any messages about being a traitor...

Murska
2009-11-02, 01:10 AM
Let me guess, nobody in team BLU was in team BLU? :smalltongue:

My power was to void someone and if he acted, he'd die. I got Mordokai with a bit of luck, which was amusing.

My last action was to create an infinite loop. I voided myself, so I would blow myself up because I acted and it was voided, except that it was voided so I didn't act so I couldn't void myself so I couldn't blow myself up because my action went through, which it didn't since I was voided...

happyturtle
2009-11-02, 06:12 AM
Good game everyone. :smallbiggrin: I'm definitely in to co-narrate Kaos 5.

Uncle Festy
2009-11-03, 10:15 PM
Wait, what? I didn't get any messages about being a traitor...

Oooh, crud. I asked Happy to forward it to you since your box was full, and…*I guess it never happened. >.<

Vwulf DeMarcus
2009-11-05, 06:04 PM
I call dibs on being in UKV!
Just 'cause this one recruited overnight where I am.

The Bookworm
2009-11-05, 10:11 PM
Same here! Please!

Jontom Xire
2009-11-06, 03:36 AM
I'll definitely be in the next one too.

Although I am a bit confused as to:

A) Why Opeth wanted to kill me.

B) How come he was even allowed to!

In addition, each night, you may kill a single player that publicly broke the rules in the thread.

Exactly where did I break the rules in thread?

C) How come he succeeded. My inherited role definitely said I would survive the first death/kill attempt.

Opeth_Freak
2009-11-06, 05:18 AM
A) Why Opeth wanted to kill me.

Because for once, making a deal with Murska paid off really well. :smallbiggrin:

B) How come he was even allowed to!
Quote:
In addition, each night, you may kill a single player that publicly broke the rules in the thread.
Exactly where did I break the rules in thread?

Is there any reason we can't lynch Murska?

Here. You voted for someone who's name is 'lynch Murska'. Since there's no player like that on the list, then you clearly broke the rule :smallbiggrin:

Anyway, thanks to all the mods for awesome game!

happyturtle
2009-11-06, 05:21 AM
Secondly, Jontom's role: Adrean Halley. Well…*Adrean is apparently latin for Dark, and Halley is a Comet. So… I wonder who that role was inspired by? :smallwink:
DC's role was the Gamebreaker. His job was to survive, but unlike everyone else, he would automatically end the game if there were THREE people left, thereby breaking the game's very concept. That was Happy's idea, IIRC. ^^
To counter his ability, we made him unbaneable and starting each day with 1 point. That's why when he was recruited and got the dodge death ability (which is basically an autobane) it didn't work. :smallbiggrin:

That's why the kill succeeded, Jontom.

Jontom Xire
2009-11-06, 05:57 AM
Because for once, making a deal with Murska paid off really well. :smallbiggrin:

Umm, in what way did making a deal with Murska help you.

And dagnabbit I will NEVER EVER trust Murska again. In fact even when I'm sure we're on the same side I'll try to get him killed. For serious. What is it with you, Murska? Are you just psychologically incapable of helping me?

If I hadn't died and you had accepted my offer, we both would have won.

That's why the kill succeeded, Jontom.

Umm. I got confused by the fact you started referring to me as DC when I first read it. Now I realise that it does actually apply to me and not DC, I'm STILL confused.

To counter his ability, we made him unbaneable and starting each day with 1 point.

Does not to me logically lead to the conclusion:

That's why when he was recruited and got the dodge death ability (which is basically an autobane) it didn't work.

First I didn't have an ability. What was it? No-one told me about any ability. Secondly no-one told me that I was unbaneable, which I find incredibly unfair given that I had nothing other than my wits to help me in my goal of surviving.

So basically I thought that my goal was to survive and that I had no special abilities or anything affecting me, but in fact I was handicapped by being unbaneable just to make my win condition, against a bunch of people who all had special abilities of some sort or other, even harder.

If I had any special ability of any sort, from what you are saying, it was that no-one actually needed me dead to win, so if that is the case then why, Opeth Freak, did you kill me?

Even if this is Ultimate Kaos, I think people are entitled to know exactly what abilities/handicaps they have.

Murska
2009-11-06, 06:00 AM
You'd end the game at 3p left so if you were alive, nobody would win. Except for you I guess.

Anyway, I didn't do anything to you. I made deals with everyone who talked to me to 'ally' just to stay alive and then I voided myself.

Opeth_Freak
2009-11-06, 06:28 AM
If I had any special ability of any sort, from what you are saying, it was that no-one actually needed me dead to win, so if that is the case then why, Opeth Freak, did you kill me?

What Murska said + you never contacted me, and I never contacted you. I was not co-working with you, so why should I care about your winning condition? I cared about mine, which was 'me and someone else must be the only one alive', and after making the deal with Murska it meant that I need everyone else but us dead. Including you. So basically I wanted to kill you, because I wanted to win this game. Simple as that.

Uncle Festy
2009-11-06, 06:57 AM
Umm, in what way did making a deal with Murska help you.

And dagnabbit I will NEVER EVER trust Murska again. In fact even when I'm sure we're on the same side I'll try to get him killed. For serious. What is it with you, Murska? Are you just psychologically incapable of helping me?

If I hadn't died and you had accepted my offer, we both would have won.

Umm. I got confused by the fact you started referring to me as DC when I first read it. Now I realise that it does actually apply to me and not DC, I'm STILL confused.

Does not to me logically lead to the conclusion:

First I didn't have an ability. What was it? No-one told me about any ability. Secondly no-one told me that I was unbaneable, which I find incredibly unfair given that I had nothing other than my wits to help me in my goal of surviving.

So basically I thought that my goal was to survive and that I had no special abilities or anything affecting me, but in fact I was handicapped by being unbaneable just to make my win condition, against a bunch of people who all had special abilities of some sort or other, even harder.

Even if this is Ultimate Kaos, I think people are entitled to know exactly what abilities/handicaps they have.

Your special ability was to shatter the very point of the game, making it unwinnable for anyone other than you as long as you stayed alive. With that sort of ability, I figured it was only fair to give you a bit of a handicap.
And yeah, pretty much every role in UK is an experiment. Some succeed (the demoman's ability ended up in Ravnica!) and some fail (can you say "seven voiders"? :smalltongue:). Adrian Halley wasn't as interesting or amusing as I thought it would be, I guess. Sorry. :/