PDA

View Full Version : Joe Satriani, where have you been all my life?

Keld Denar
2009-08-29, 08:35 PM
Omg...so, unfortunately I have to credit a talk radio program for dropping the name (G Gordon Liddy Show...blech), but holy crap. This stuff is amazing! Joe is really one of the most amazing guitar players I've ever...not..heard of. Seriously. I just got Is There Love in Space, and holy crap. Its just the kinda music you can throw on and just chill or just jam or whatever. If I Could Fly is...indescribable. If you like instrumental guitar jams, check it out. I literally had to share this, I'm so blown away.

Teaser - If I Could Fly (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMcjXo8ZuqE)

Jalor
2009-08-29, 08:42 PM
I've seen him live, and I'd have to say he's one of the most proficient and soulful guitarists ever. I like Surfing With The Alien and Crystal Planet the most myself, but he's never really made a bad album.

JaxGaret
2009-08-29, 11:15 PM
He's regularly featured on top guitarist of all time lists, usually in the top 10 or 20.

It's not like he's been hidden from you. Take a look around, there's lots of good music to find.

zyphyr
2009-08-30, 12:36 AM
Great music, utterly amazing live shows. I've seen him about a dozen times over the years.

raitalin
2009-08-30, 06:04 AM
I discovered him with Surfing with the Alien, ya know, 'cause its got Silver Surfer on it. I love Silver Surfer.

Yeah, great guitarist. One of the best.