PDA

View Full Version : Thog Fanclub!

Zolkabro
2009-08-30, 05:44 AM
Thog is AWESOME!
He's hilarious, with his severe lack of intelligence and toddler playfulness. Except for the greataxe.
But still, everyone on this forums has laughed at Thog, at one time or another.

He's by far my favourite character, so I'm making a fanclub for him.
If he knew he had his own fanclub, he'd probably say:
:thog:fanclubs are fun. now thog play candyland with club members! yay!

So here are some things that this fanclub has:

Motto/warcry:
Puppies and Ice cream! With Sprinkles!
Banner:
:thog::thog::thog::thog::thog::thog::thog:
:thog:GO THOG!!!!:thog:
:thog::thog::thog::thog::thog::thog::thog:
Emoticon:
:thog:
Titles:
Every member has a title. We need a Fighter and a Bararian to represent Thogs two classes, we need a Lord of the Sprinkles, we need an Inner Greenness, we need an Outer Greenness, we need a Lord of the Ice Cream, a Lord of the Puppies, an Orc-Half, and a Human-Half.

Cracklord
2009-08-30, 05:52 AM
Second favorite character.
You know, the Mods lock these threads...

The Dark Fiddler
2009-08-30, 05:54 AM

This.

There's a rule against threads for fanclubs.

The fanclub for The Guy with a Halberd is the exception.

Weimann
2009-08-30, 05:56 AM
I believe the smartest thing is to just out some made up title in your signature ^^

Like ice cream eater of the thog fanclub.

Those who revere Thog will show it!

Besides, does he spell with a capital "t" or not? :smallconfused:

Zolkabro
2009-08-30, 05:57 AM
Really?
Damn.

I spent a lot of time on that banner.
And it was such a fun idea.

Do you know why that rule exists? What is it's purpose?
I'm sure Roland St Jude has a perfectly adequate reason, but what is it?

Weimann
2009-08-30, 06:02 AM
Well, I don't KNOW, but I could speculate.

The reason I would use would be that giving users "official" titles, such as president of the Thug fanclub, could cause aggressiveness in the long run. Someone will ask "Why is he the president? He's barely here anymore!" and some will dispute it and some will agree and then there'll be fractions and that way, flame wars lie.

I might be completely wrong, though.

Cracklord
2009-08-30, 06:19 AM
I mean, I doubt there even is a Durkon fanclub, but i like the character, so he adorns my signature.

Zolkabro
2009-08-30, 06:30 AM
Well, I don't KNOW, but I could speculate.

The reason I would use would be that giving users "official" titles, such as president of the Thug fanclub, could cause aggressiveness in the long run. Someone will ask "Why is he the president? He's barely here anymore!" and some will dispute it and some will agree and then there'll be fractions and that way, flame wars lie.

I might be completely wrong, though.

I'd thought of that, which is why I had no titles that imply being superier to others. The only thing that does that in the slightest is Founder, and someone else can't exactly say: "But I want to be the founder", now can can they?

And if there was a President it should be purely democratic, and the President changes monthly.

Weimann
2009-08-30, 06:35 AM
In your case, yes. But what about all the other fanclubs that must now, by principle, also be allowed? Will they also follow the same pattern?

Of course, there could be a rule to allow fanclubs that follow those guidelines you suggested, but who would oversee that? Roland St. Jude? I'm sure he has enough to do. Some new moderator? That'd cost money.

It's easier to just ban them all together ^^ it's the price for fairness.

The Dark Fiddler
2009-08-30, 06:37 AM
That'd cost money.

:smallconfused: Why, do mods get paid?

Zolkabro
2009-08-30, 06:42 AM
Mods get paid?
I WANNA BE A MOD!

Just kidding.
:amused:

Weimann
2009-08-30, 06:42 AM
What, they don't?

That's a ripoff.

Tass
2009-08-30, 06:45 AM
There are fanclubs for pretty much any character at all. They just don't have official threads. Look at peoples signatures.

Zolkabro
2009-08-30, 06:56 AM
Then this thread can say good bye.

:thog: goodbye fanclub thread. thog loves you! thog sad. thog want fanclub thread to stay forever. please stay, fanclub thread. thog want to play monopoly with nale, not-nale, talky-man, sabine, fanclub thread, and puppies. thog will let fanclub thread be the banker if fanclub thread stays. please?
nothing ever goes thog's way.
goodbye!!!
*sniff*
*sob*
goodbye!!!!!!
:frown:

Sig time!
Now all I need to do is work out a way to insert the banner into my sig...

i6uuaq
2009-08-30, 09:05 AM
i just realised that thog is an anagram of goth. not that thog knows what an anagram is, but still.

Roland St. Jude
2009-08-30, 09:32 AM
Second favorite character.

Sheriff of Moddingham: Please no fanclubs.