PDA

View Full Version : Neverwinter Nights

Sterm
2009-08-30, 08:19 AM
One month ago a friend of mine suggested me a game claiming that it's one the best RPG ever played.Now I have finished the first campaign,I am about to finish the second and I have a 17 level Paladin.Anyway I love this game even though it's old(2002 I think).I have some questions:
The game is based on Dungeons and dragons?
Is there anyone else that plays online?
Where can I find more modules?

HCL
2009-08-30, 08:21 AM
One month ago a friend of mine suggested me a game claiming that it's one the best RPG ever played.Now I have finished the first campaign,I am about to finish the second and I have a 17 level Paladin.Anyway I love this game even though it's old(2002 I think).I have some questions:
The game is based on Dungeons and dragons?
Is there anyone else that plays online?
Where can I find more modules?

NWN is based on D&D version 3.0 I believe

SilentDragoon
2009-08-30, 08:35 AM
Just google NWN vault, it should have a couple hundred or so good free modules on it. I think there are still a handful of PW (Persistent World) that are still going, but I haven't tried to play NWN 1 in awhile.

shadzar
2009-08-30, 01:09 PM
:smallfurious: recompute_static_lighting Must kill all programmers!

Wait until the lawsuit is over between Turbine and Atari, and maybe NWN will be an MMO.

Jagos
2009-08-30, 01:52 PM

Honestly, do we really need another MMO?

Eldan
2009-08-30, 02:07 PM
I played a PW that was vaguely based on Planescape, named Gatecrashers and I can tell you: an MMO based on NWN would be a good thing. They modded the hell out of it to implement teleport, planeshift and realistic gate spells, sure, but it was a hell of a lot of fun.Especially when the mods were around to start quests in which they controlled the NPCs. Which, of course, won't work as an MMO.

Sterm
2009-08-31, 02:16 AM
When I try to join games on Internet it says:Connection Failure,Your CDkey is in use,try again in 5 minutes.
WTF?

factotum
2009-08-31, 07:18 AM

Honestly, do we really need another MMO?

Particularly a D&D based one--didn't we already have one of those that tanked spectacularly? Mind you, I don't think any fantasy MMO is likely to withstand the juggernaut that is World of Warcraft for a while yet!

Breltar
2009-08-31, 07:26 AM
Given that DDO (dungeons and dragons online) goes free to play on the 9th and it hasn't done super great as far as MMOs, I doubt we will see another D&D based MMO anytime soon.

Dogmantra
2009-08-31, 07:26 AM
When I try to join games on Internet it says:Connection Failure,Your CDkey is in use,try again in 5 minutes.
WTF?

Sounds like someone else is using the same CD key. Sometimes, pirates, umm... "borrow" CD keys that actually exist. Though it might also be that the server thinks you're connected, but the actual connection failed. In which case, try again later.

Flickerdart
2009-08-31, 11:51 AM
MMO "based on" NWN? Silly rabbit. Neverwinter Nights started as an MMO. In 1991, on AOL. It was the first MMO to have graphics.