PDA

View Full Version : how to prevent somebody's photos appearing on the side of your profile.(facebook)

Mystic Muse
2009-08-30, 11:06 PM
somebody who I never confirmed as a friend somehow got their pictures on the side of my profile. Now normally I wouldn't care but it's of an extremely inappropriate body part and I want it GONE. how do I prevent their photos from showing up?

NerfTW
2009-08-30, 11:13 PM
Two ways that could happen. If it's part of an ad, you have an application that's displaying them. They can grab pictures from anywhere in your network you can see. So if Bob has all his pictures open to everyone in the "some college" network, they can show up.

That, or someone you know commented on his picture. (or for some reason they're showing pictures visible to "friends of friends") Click "report this photo" to get it removed. (pictures of your genitalia are not allowed on Facebook)

Mystic Muse
2009-08-30, 11:22 PM
yeah somebody I know commented on it.

EDIT: I can't find the report option and I don't want to look at this picture any longer than I have to.

MethosH
2009-08-30, 11:50 PM
EDIT: I can't find the report option and I don't want to look at this picture any longer than I have to.

Need... to... see... offensive... picture...!

Cyrano
2009-08-30, 11:51 PM
Need... to... see... offensive... picture...!

H'oh boy. If this was any other place on, and this bears emphasizing, the Internet, you'd be recanting mighty quick.

Renegade Paladin
2009-08-31, 12:03 AM
yeah somebody I know commented on it.

Oh please, it's not going to bite you. :smallsigh: The report link is below the picture on the right, directly under the Share button and the Tag This Photo link. You could discover this by looking for it on some picture that does not offend you; the page layouts are all the same.

Mystic Muse
2009-08-31, 12:15 AM
Oh please, it's not going to bite you. :smallsigh: The report link is below the picture on the right, directly under the Share button and the Tag This Photo link. You could discover this by looking for it on some picture that does not offend you; the page layouts are all the same.

not going to bite me? the thing almost killed me!

MethosH
2009-08-31, 07:06 AM

Stop saying that! Now I REALLY want to see it!

Jack Squat
2009-08-31, 07:57 AM

Sounds like a bad movie
http://matterful.files.wordpress.com/2008/12/teeth_movie_poster_comedy.jpg

SDF
2009-08-31, 12:32 PM
People still get offended? On the internet?!

That poster bothers me. Not because it is of a completely abysmal, vile, and just dumb movie, but because roses don't have thorns.

Mystic Muse
2009-08-31, 02:45 PM
Stop saying that! Now I REALLY want to see it!

I've heard of worse things on the internet. It's not as bad as those but it still disgusts me. I don't like nude pictures of people. I don't like looking at ANYBODY'S nude body.

Dallas-Dakota
2009-08-31, 02:48 PM
Asexual much?

RS14
2009-08-31, 02:50 PM
If you just don't want to look at it personally, you can also install the ad-block extension for firefox, right click on the offending image, and choose to block it in particular.

The Vorpal Tribble
2009-08-31, 02:57 PM
People still get offended? On the internet?!

That poster bothers me. Not because it is of a completely abysmal, vile, and just dumb movie, but because roses don't have thorns.
Neither do you have limbs. The reason for this is because I just ate them... and yet the pain you are experiencing does not approach the agony I felt reading the above.

'Thorns' is a generic term that sounds much better than the scientifically correct 'prickles'. Try not to be one...

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c273/AwakenedDreamer/Tribbles/TribbleBite.gif

Mystic Muse
2009-08-31, 02:58 PM
Asexual much?

yes I am. Is there something wrong with that?

Dallas-Dakota
2009-08-31, 03:16 PM
Not really, just more of a statement/retheoretical question.

Mystic Muse
2009-08-31, 03:17 PM
ah. okay

EDIT: okay I'm not COMPLETELY Asexual. I'd go out with Rihanna from this video.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5jdA9Tdg-k.

Tiger Duck
2009-08-31, 03:44 PM
Yeah I'm not a leg man, but oh boy, her legs are awesome.

NerfTW
2009-09-03, 12:46 PM
I've heard of worse things on the internet. It's not as bad as those but it still disgusts me. I don't like nude pictures of people. I don't like looking at ANYBODY'S nude body.

You need to grow up a little bit. If it's bothering you, report it. That's an obligation you have when using a social networking site that allows users to upload photos without moderation. They rely on the users to police themselves.

If it's REALLY painful for you to look at, click on it, then turn off all images in your browser, and look for the "report this" link.

MethosH
2009-09-03, 03:39 PM
You should look for a certain video on the internet of a girl doing a very non-sexual nasty thing for 7 minutes on LiveLeak. I'll give you a clue... That nasty thing have a toilet on it.

xPANCAKEx
2009-09-03, 09:20 PM
personally i don;t find the human body that offensive.. but a suggestion for the original poster:

i can't present an immediate solution to your problem, but if you want to stay shut off from sexuality, stay off the internet, and definately stay off social networking sites (except those of strict religious/moral values). If you can't manage that, don't be "e-friends" with anyone that might expose you to such a thing