PDA

View Full Version : Persisting spells on others

quick_comment
2009-08-31, 01:36 AM
What tricks exist to cast spells on others, and persist them?

Touch spells can be made persistable with reach spell. What about personal spells? Arcane personal spells can be persisted via spellguard, but what about divine, or spells that dont qualify for spellguard?

Olo Demonsbane
2009-08-31, 01:44 AM
Occular Spell from Lords of Madness works, IIRC.

Wings of Peace
2009-08-31, 02:00 AM
Spellguard of Silverymoon can convert any defensive spell with personal range into a touch spell making it possible. I personally consider touch a fixed range but there are people who will argue otherwise. Combine with War Weaver for extra fun. But Tidesinger can tell you alot more about that than I ever could.

PinkysBrain
2009-08-31, 02:14 AM
Shapechange into a symbiont and attach to the spellcaster.

Artificer Metamagic Item infusion and wands/staffs/schemas/etc.

Salt_Crow
2009-08-31, 02:18 AM
Can't an incantatrix do it? I'll be surprised if it couldn't.

Wings of Peace
2009-08-31, 02:21 AM
Can't an incantatrix do it? I'll be surprised if it couldn't.

Incantatrix can persist active spell effects that are on other people a certain number of times per day with a proper Spellcraft check.

Cyclocone
2009-08-31, 02:55 AM
Well, as far as divine spells go, you could use Southern Magician to qualify for Spellguard.

If you use Toughening Transmutation, you can make any transmutation spell defensive(-ish). Combine it with that transmuter ACF (from UA) that lets you turn spells from other schools into transmutation spells.
IIRC, it just says the spell must be from a level you have access to, it doesn't actually say the spell must be one a wizard could normally cast. So i guess you could get Miracle as a transmutation spell, and then access everything else that way.

Although I'm sure, I've overlooked something.

Curmudgeon
2009-08-31, 03:21 AM
I personally consider touch a fixed range but there are people who will argue otherwise.
Count me in as one who would argue otherwise. The range of "touch" is your reach. That typically ranges from 0' to 30' in D&D. Definitely not the same fixed range for everybody.