PDA

View Full Version : (3.5) Divine skillmonkey build

ColonelFuster
2009-08-31, 03:24 AM
Just wondering if anyone has a convenient list of prestige classes that increase both divine spellcasting levels and sneak attack (other than the obvious shadowbane +black flame ones). I know that cutting out spellcasting levels to take levels in rogue makes me underpowered in a combat sense; I just really like having sneak attack and social skills.

Alternatively, (+divine caster level) classes that have good class skill/level would be appreciated.

Cheers, playground! Thanks in advance for your help.

JeminiZero
2009-08-31, 04:07 AM
Human 1 Ninja / X Druid with Able Learner. Start with decent Int (say 14), you get 7 skill points per level in total (2 Int + 1 Human + 4 Druid). Enough to max out Concentration, Spellcraft, Knowledge (Nature), Search, Disable and 2other skills of your choice.

Ninja is used as it nets you trapfinding, and lets you add your Wis bonus to AC when unarmored, like when you wildshape for instance. You won't have sneak attack (and sudden strike is a poor alternative), but that hardly matters when you can transform into a bear and maul your enemies anyway.

If you don't want to completely overshadow the rest of the party with a Ninja-Druid, Spirit Shaman can also work (since it also gets 4 skill points per level). But the MAD is terribad since it needs high Wis and Cha on top of everything else.

BooNL
2009-08-31, 04:28 AM
Paragnostic Apostle(Complete Champion) gets only 4 skills/level but it does give full spellcasting and has search on its skill list. Shadowspy (CC also) gets all rogue skills and 6 skill points/level, but only has half caster progession.

You could also take a level of human paragon, that way one of your skills will always be a class skill.

Keld Denar
2009-08-31, 05:22 AM
Cloistered Cleric has 6 +int skill points, and if you nab the Kobald domain, you get Disable Device and Search/Disable on your skill list. Trickery domain gives you Bluff, Hide, and a couple others, along with the Invisibility spell and a few other nice spells.

Wouldn't even have to dip rogue or whatever.