PDA

View Full Version : [3.0] Slaad variant?

Salt_Crow
2009-08-31, 05:10 AM
I was looking through my mate's copy of Manual of Planes (3.0) where it mentioned something about variant/mutation table for slaads.

When I googled it, the best I could find was how salads had many variants and all. Not that I've got anything against fresh veggies, I continued my search to find this (http://www.enworld.org/forum/d-d-3rd-edition-house-rules/69977-slaad-variant-table.html) one.

As much as it is flavourful and nicely organised, I find myself more partial to official rules that exist somewhere out of my reach.

So I was wondering, does anyone know where I could find the complete listing of slaad variants? Or for that matter, if anyone has any access to 3.0 MM, could the person be kind enough to give an opinion about Nifft's version of the variant as compared to the official one? That'd be grand.

Many thanks in advance ;)

Keld Denar
2009-08-31, 05:28 AM
I dunno about official, and my knowledge of planescape is rather...limited, but the playground's own Afroakuma has pretty much rewritten Limbo, along with a do-it-yerself slaad trait randomization table. Check it out! (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=92837)

afroakuma
2009-08-31, 07:43 AM
You beat me to it, Keld. :smalltongue:

bosssmiley
2009-08-31, 08:29 AM
Ah, the Slaad variation table. A d% table where each and every entry read "GIANT FROG" (apart from 00, which read "All of the above"). :smallbiggrin:

@v: You, my good sir, are a crazy madman who will destroy us all.
(GJ on the Slaad rainbow btw)

afroakuma
2009-08-31, 11:06 AM
Oh, a few of mine don't. Some read "GIANT FROG WITH WINGS" or "GIANT FROG WITH TENTACLES" or "GIANT FROG SKELETON" or even "GIANT BLOB"

Haha! I got you, didn't I?! You thought it would say GIANT FROG, didn't you?!

Roukon
2009-08-31, 12:51 PM
You won't find an official verison of the table online, as Wizards considers the slaads to be product identity. I would go with the links provided then.

afroakuma
2009-08-31, 01:42 PM
@v: You, my good sir, are a crazy madman who will destroy us all.

Ahh, good... and another section of the Playground learns. :belkar:

(GJ on the Slaad rainbow btw)

Why thank you! :smallwink:

Salt_Crow
2009-08-31, 03:54 PM
You won't find an official verison of the table online, as Wizards considers the slaads to be product identity. I would go with the links provided then.

Nah, I find afroakuma's version much more to my liking anyways ;)

Cheers everyone.

afroakuma
2009-08-31, 03:58 PM
Nah, I find afroakuma's version much more to my liking anyways ;)

Cheers everyone.

Good to know. :smallbiggrin: