PDA

View Full Version : Weave - a web fantasy

mehilow
2009-08-31, 10:27 AM
Hello. I've been a member of this forum for a while, although mostly lurking, posting quite rarely. Now, I feel like I've got something to say.

So, are you craving a gripping fantasy tale with memorable characters, a unique setting and eye-catching art?

Weave will deliver these things to you. Regularly.

Check out

weavetales.net (http://weavetales.net)

Weimann
2009-08-31, 10:43 AM
Iiiiiiinteresting.

Now, I'm not naturally inclined towards those comics that have all screwed up art, but this one (at least so far) manages to maintain readability.

I will watch it.

t_catt11
2009-08-31, 03:30 PM
First reaction? Freaky.

The art itself is quite good. Nice expressions all around. Love the skeleton guy on strip 3. I'm not normally a huge fan of the "black and white with a tiny jot of color", but you really make it work.

Nice website, too - love the choice on the background and logo - really suits your strip well.

I'll be interested to see where this goes.

Zanaril
2009-08-31, 03:41 PM
Interesting. I'll be following this.

...Anyone else find it reminds them of the Edge Chronicles?

mehilow
2009-09-01, 05:39 AM
Heh, Zanaril. I myself have only a passing knowledge of Edge Chronicles books (haven't read them) but from what I understand, they have a really cool and imaginative setting.

Weimann and t_catt11 - we've only just begun, so it means a lot to us that you find story is interesting enough for you to want to return, even if you still have no idea what is actually going on. And thanks for the art and design thumbs up, we really want everything to work as a whole...

I hope updating once a week is enough to keep the ADD internet crowd interested... But hey, this week we will have two updates!

Zanaril
2009-09-01, 06:02 AM
Heh, Zanaril. I myself have only a passing knowledge of Edge Chronicles books (haven't read them) but from what I understand, they have a really cool and imaginative setting.

They also have very nice art. I recommend them. :smallsmile:

t_catt11
2009-09-01, 10:32 AM
One update, two, three... meh, whatever. The key is to come up with a nice, regular schedule and stick to it.

Sure, if you are OOtS or Something Positive, you have such a vast following, and people are so vested in what you are doing, that you can get away with updates on an odd schedule. New comics do not have this luxury.

mehilow
2009-10-22, 05:51 AM
Well, we've been updating Weave regularly, every Monday. Chapter 2 has begun, so I thought a gentle bump would be appropriate. Check out how the story has been developing and enjoy Manda's awesome art.

Natural20
2009-10-22, 09:30 PM
Love the art. Looking forward to seeing more.

mehilow
2010-02-24, 06:39 AM
Thanks for checking out Weave! Just wanted to tell yall that the now color has seeped into out comic and you may want to see how that has turned out (we think it's pretty cool)! Also, the story is heating up with background being revealed, and some new characters (in full color)!

Zanaril
2010-02-27, 07:05 AM
The sudden leap to NSFW-ness is rather off putting. :smallannoyed: