PDA

View Full Version : Go to Grandmother's House, and stay on [The Path]

Thanatos 51-50
2009-08-31, 10:41 AM
Hello there, Gaming (Other) subforum.

I found myself mucking around on The Escapist and found a video review of something called The Path.
So I looked into it, and it sounded iteresting enough to spend 20USD on. Unfortunatly, I was without Internet Spending Power at the time, and glared at STEAM.

However, I recently recieved such spending power back and have downloaded the game off STEAM.
Now, if you know about the game, you know that we can't really discuss tips, tricks, and strategies, due to them not exactly existing in-game.

I guess, here we can discuss what can be loosely described as "Plot" within the context of the game and what we found interesting. Or character analysis and all that neat stuff.

I'd like to slap a big "No Spoilers, Plox" here, but I'm not sure spoilers even exist.
I'm in the middle of my first little playthrough (As Rose, because she won the coin toss) and I'm finding the whole thing very interesting.

Comet
2009-08-31, 11:23 AM
I found the game to be immensely depressing, and little more.
This is not solely criticism, as it really was good on the whole immersing-you-into-the-story thing. The only problem is, this wasn't particularly a story I fancied being immersed in. Dark, dark stuff.

It was pretty looking, interesting and thought provoking, but I don't feel like playing it again anytime soon. Not really a feel-good game. Besides, the gameplay itself is rather lacking.

So all in all, it's a puzzling piece of provocative art. I can't say that it was bad, but I can't say that I particularly enjoyed it, either. A strange Path indeed.

Jibar
2009-08-31, 02:24 PM
Oh... God.

Me and this game are having an argument. I'm refusing to buy it until it apologises for the demo.
I downloaded the demo to decide if I wanted to give it a go and then, then I played the demo and aaaarrrrrggghhhh.
I know enough about the game to know what it was doing to me and I was infuriated.
It looks so interesting... but putting further symbolism into the demo of all things is a real nasty move.

Thanatos 51-50
2009-08-31, 02:53 PM
I was silly and just went ahead and bought the thing. What happened with the Demo?

Jibar
2009-08-31, 02:58 PM
You know the girl in white?
You play as her.

Starbuck_II
2009-08-31, 03:06 PM
Wow, I never knew about the game till I saw this thread.