PDA

View Full Version : Mmorpc

mmorpc
2009-08-31, 10:54 AM
Hey, everyone, I do a webcomic called MMORPC.

Link: http://mmorpc.com
Click here to view the first one: Strip #1 (http://www.drunkduck.com/MMORPC/index.php?p=114481)

A lot of humor is derived from MMO and RP environments but still trying to keep a lot of the humor character based. So, I figured some of you guys might be into it.

In recent strips I've been trying to take the comic in a new direction. Let me know what you think.

t_catt11
2009-08-31, 03:33 PM
One suggestion: change your font to something more readable. Your art is not overwhelming - which in and of itself is not the end of the world, provided that the strip is entertaining. However, the font is quite difficult to read; it "feels" small, even though the words themselves aren't truly that small. This requires the reader to really make an effort to read it; most will decide to not bother, I'll wager.

Blambot.com has a lot of good comic fonts, including some nice freebies.

PhantomFox
2009-08-31, 04:20 PM
Well, it's okay. The art is simplistic, which isn't bad. I mean, we're fans of a stick figure comic, right? Just beware of falling to copy/paste lazyness, which I think I see decreasing in the later strips. Minor adjustments to figures while the rest of the scene stays the same also appears lazy, so be careful to watch out for that as well. But it seems you're moving away from that a bit too, which is good.

The humor isn't bad, which is nice. It gave me a chuckle or two, but it seems to rely a bit on gaming cliches (at least in the beginning, I'm not sure which direction you're going with this). Personally I don't get that many laughs on jokes involving gaming cliches I'm familiar with. I prefer story based comics, but that's just me.

So, over all it's not bad. Nothing that stands out for me, but it's okay.

mmorpc
2009-08-31, 06:25 PM
@t_cat11
I pretty much change the font every strip so far, been looking for a decent one. I don't mind the font in the newest strip, I think I can get use to it but the one just before it was awful...though still looking for a decent non-overused font.

Also, I don't do the cut and paste anymore. I did away with it around strip #13 or so. It's all hand drawn and then inked digitally now.

@PhantomFox
Not going to lie, I despise the first 7 or so but if I didn't do them I'd never have defined the characters to what I feel will be able to hold story. The goal is to go fairly story heavy and not worry so much about jokes as they will come with character humor, from strip #16 onward.