PDA

View Full Version : Mwhahahahaaa!

Paganboy28
2009-08-31, 01:13 PM
Following some other posts, I am beginning to get "evil devious" thoughts in my head.

My train of thought for a character concept is a "small" or smaller caster. Looking at various other forum threads...

http://forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?t=282765&page=3
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=122929&page=2

...they suggest Petals, Imps, Quasits, Grigs, and such. The Jermalaine is the only "official" tiny race I know of that has a calculated LA.

What are the other LA for an imp or quasit?

I have a concept of an imp who has got bored toadying around in the Nine Hells and decided to go AWOL and adventure to get enough experience, followers, and general power to either transform into a better devil or form his own power base on the Material Plane (or another if necessary...) all in preparation for the forthcoming devil-incursion of course... nothing to do with personal gain... honest Mr Asmodeus.

However, Sylphs seem to be the best at the moment. Racial spellcaster plus other useful abilities. Being a racial spellcaster seems to even out the LA which usually hurts casters.

Any further thoughts or ideas?

Sstoopidtallkid
2009-08-31, 05:01 PM
Tibbits and Hengoykai can transform into one form(cats for Tibbits and sparrows for Hengoykai) for a Tiny or Diminutive character.

Greymane
2009-08-31, 05:24 PM
If you're set on the Imp bit, I THINK their LA is +2-3, but I'm AFB right now; and if you don't have it, I highly recommend getting your devilish claws on the Fiendesh Codex: II, which gives invaluable insights to their mindset and what those wonderful little Faustian-Pact-dealing little jerks do.:smallamused:

Paganboy28
2009-08-31, 05:31 PM
If you're set on the Imp bit, I THINK their LA is +2-3, but I'm AFB right now; and if you don't have it, I highly recommend getting your devilish claws on the Fiendesh Codex: II, which gives invaluable insights to their mindset and what those wonderful little Faustian-Pact-dealing little jerks do.:smallamused:

Got it, love it. I can see myself as a toadying little imp with grand plans and schemes.

I guess I could by off the LA at a later date.

I'm not out and out evil in the chaotic rip people's heads off way that those nasty, uncooth demons are *spit* *spit*. I'm sure we can always come to some agreement that works out both ways... then I'll stab you in the back and get my own little way.

There's always those Imp variants (though I am not keen...) or maybe even a Spine Devil (whatever its called)...

arguskos
2009-08-31, 05:32 PM
I highly recommend Hengoykai and Tibbit for all your Tiny or smaller race needs. :smallamused:

Sstoopidtallkid has the right of it.

Kobold-Bard
2009-08-31, 05:52 PM
In a previous thread about being Tiny I posed a link to one of Fax's templates called the Frogrider, who became Tiy Fey and gained a Small frog mount. +1 LA I elieve, but I'm too tired to search out the link again. I forget what else they get, might be worth a look.

Darrin
2009-08-31, 11:12 PM
Tibbits and Hengoykai can transform into one form(cats for Tibbits and sparrows for Hengoykai) for a Tiny or Diminutive character.

Sparrow Hengeyokai is actually fine-sized.

Muckdweller (Serpent Kingdoms) is the other tiny-sized LA +0 race. Could possibly be reflavored as a wingless, exiled wannabe-imp. Add Dragonborn of Bahumat for flight, Dragonfire Adept for "Aw, wookit da widdle piddly-*FWOOOSH!!!* *AIIIAGH* Fire! Burning! Put me out! Put me out!"

Paganboy28
2009-09-01, 05:20 AM
Sparrow Hengeyokai is actually fine-sized.

Muckdweller (Serpent Kingdoms) is the other tiny-sized LA +0 race. Could possibly be reflavored as a wingless, exiled wannabe-imp. Add Dragonborn of Bahumat for flight, Dragonfire Adept for "Aw, wookit da widdle piddly-*FWOOOSH!!!* *AIIIAGH* Fire! Burning! Put me out! Put me out!"

It's stats are appauling!!!!

Looking at the ECL of some of the non-normal races, they seem a bit high.... and there doesn't seem to be any commonality or comparison between them.