PDA

View Full Version : [Spoilers] Psionics to make star appearance?

The Vorpal Tribble
2009-08-31, 02:03 PM
Likely just wish fulfillment, but what are the chances of Darksun influences now that they're in the desert?

Otherwise desert-encounters tend to be lacking in D&D. Even Sandstorm failed to really introduce memorable ones.

Personally I'd find it amusing if we found out Belkar is really descended from Forest Ridge-style halflings. Maybe an orphan somehow? Would explain some things...

Krrth
2009-08-31, 02:05 PM
Likely just wish fulfillment, but what are the chances of Darksun influences now that they're in the desert?

Otherwise desert-encounters tend to be lacking in D&D. Even Sandstorm failed to really introduce memorable ones.

Personally I'd find it amusing if we found out Belkar is really descended from Forest Ridge-style halflings. Maybe an orphan somehow? Would explain some things...

Actually, I always pictured Belkar as being descended from Darksun style halflings....

edit:reading comprehension FTL.

Kish
2009-08-31, 02:42 PM
I would find Belkar being explained with, "He's of an evil race" profoundly lame.

Newspaper
2009-08-31, 02:59 PM
But it would be interesting if he met other evil halflings who he could connect to. At least to see his reaction to them.

Ancalagon
2009-08-31, 03:21 PM
But it would be interesting if he met other evil halflings who he could connect to. At least to see his reaction to them.

*stab* *stab* *stab*, next please. :)

Optimystik
2009-08-31, 03:28 PM
*stab* *stab* *stab*, next please. :)

That's the old Belkar. The new one would wait until they tried to stab him first, at least.

Morty
2009-08-31, 03:31 PM
References to D&D settings were rare in the strip - only two references to Eberron, unless I'm forgetting something - so I don't think Dark Sun is going to be referenced either. Some more psionics might appear, though I hope it won't.

Ancalagon
2009-08-31, 03:36 PM
That's the old Belkar. The new one would wait until they tried to stab him first, at least.

He'd provoke them in a subtle way to make sure they start to stab him... and he might also go stabbing around as long as no one is looking (who can tell the tale afterwards).

Optimystik
2009-08-31, 03:48 PM
References to D&D settings were rare in the strip - only two references to Eberron, unless I'm forgetting something - so I don't think Dark Sun is going to be referenced either. Some more psionics might appear, though I hope it won't.

I agree that psionics are a layer of complexity the strip doesn't need. I wouldn't mind more one-off gags like Roy's comment and the Blue's appearance though.

Foryn Gilnith
2009-08-31, 03:52 PM
The Little Psion who Could?

Optimystik
2009-08-31, 03:57 PM
The Little Psion who Could?

That one, too.