PDA

View Full Version : How would be the ideal game for you?

Oslecamo
2009-08-31, 02:22 PM
As you probably know, nowadays every time a game comes out people complain about point A and point B, wich they think should be more similar to another game.

Indeed this is a very common problem. Games bring new inovations, only to burry them under old mistakes and provide a very flawed experience(cough DoW II cough).

There's also plenty of games with good ideas killed by little flaws, or that were simply forgoten.

So, if you were handed a cashload of money, the best developers out there and plenty of time, how would you design your perfect game?

I myself would want the ultimate RTS. As in ultimate, the battlefield would be the whole planet, and one could zoom in and out from controling individuals to administring countries. It would be just as viable to train subcommanders to take care of the smaller tasks while you marched alongside thousands of troops as it would be to leave the politicians running the economy while you took control of an elite strike force to wreack havoc on the enemy.

You would be able to design your own units and equipment, both stat and graphics wise. You would dig underground and take to the seas. You would be able to change the landscape with the right tools. You would be able to choose to specialize in magic or techonlogy and then have dragons fighting battleships.

Equipment would weather down, bad weather would result in diseases, supply lines would have to be kept, and bases would be built to secure your territorry.

There would be a moral system, and your units would betray you if unhappy, and you could make the enemy units betray their masters. Battles would turn when one of the generals decided he wasn't being paid enough.

And of course diplomacy. You would get allies, try to get along with neutrals, and even be able to turn countries on each other trough clever use of traitors and/or disguised units.

The whole thing would have a great AI whitout any glaring flaws so solitary players couldn't find a simple way to abuse it.

And so, how would be the ideal game for you?

Astrella
2009-08-31, 02:34 PM
Well, that would be impossible to manage as one person in real time. :p

My ideal one at the moment would be something akin to space empires IV, but with a challenging AI, or perhaps Spore as it was originally intended to be.

chiasaur11
2009-08-31, 02:38 PM
River City Ransom.

I really need to get a system that can play it.

Oslecamo
2009-08-31, 02:39 PM
Well, that would be impossible to manage as one person in real time. :p

In case I wasn't clear, my idea was that you would be able to train and place politicians and subcommanders to take care of the activities you couldn't pay atention to now, and then you could instantly take over those commanders when you wanted to do something related to them.:smallsmile:

With enough good subcomanders, you could just sit back and watch your imperium grow, altough this would demand that you were an almost perfect player!

My ideal one at the moment would be something akin to space empires IV, but with a challenging AI, or perhaps Spore as it was originally intended to be.
Yes, spore is a good example of what I was talking about. The creature design system is really great, but the four games are far too simplistic.

Dogmantra
2009-08-31, 03:39 PM
Think Left 4 Dead meets Team Fortress 2 meets Commandos meets Ghost Recon, for multiplayer action. Think of a massive battlefield, with 50 odd soldiers on each side, organised into squads. Each squad would be made up of different classes and have different roles, and would all be able to communicate instantly with each other, and the leader would be able to transmit messages to the other squads. You'd have commandos who had to infiltrate the enemy territory, engineers and gunners to defend the frontlines, all sorts.

For single player, probably a turn based strategy game of some sort.