PDA

View Full Version : 673 Panel 1: Where's (Waldo) OotS?

FireDrake
2009-08-31, 03:53 PM
Just thought it'd be fun to see if anyone can spot the Order in amongst the crowds in panel 1 of comic 673.

I'm not sure if they're there, can anyone find them?

Wizzardman
2009-08-31, 03:56 PM
Hmm... if you try matching the tents in the background in panel two with the tents in panel one, you'll find that that particular pattern of tents only occurs in the very middle-top of panel one.

If matching tents is even an effective strategy. And if the tents are consistent. And even then, I'm not sure if panel one actually shows them standing there.

Kroy
2009-08-31, 03:58 PM
Actually, an almost identical formation is to thew right a bit. It has the pink tent. There is also a large group outside of them, which I think is the order.

Ozymandias9
2009-08-31, 08:04 PM
The tents in the middle top don't fit-- the tents that we see in the foreground of Cell 2 don't match. If you look, you'll see that the city is unbounded at the bottom of Cell 1: there is probably more to the city than we can see.

I really don't think that the city shot can be traced to the cells: the pale peach tent in cells 3,4, and 7 has a rather distinct color and curve. The only thing on the city shot that would seem to fit is the oddly shaped pink tent at the bottom directly above the line dividing cell 3 and 4. But the other tents seen in cells 3-7 don't fit with the location of that tent in the city scape.

Lerky
2009-08-31, 08:06 PM
I think they're right under the biggest white tent...the four spots standing in a row...I think that's them

BatRobin
2009-08-31, 08:06 PM
On the waaaaay right, almost offpanel, you can see tents that match the following panels and you can see about 8 or 9 people there.

Spiky
2009-08-31, 09:31 PM
Among other issues, we don't even know if the view is from the same direction.

But there is no combination of tan, white, pink, tan viewing from right to left in panel 1. And that appears to be the combination in panels 2-4.

Let alone I can't even find (in panel 1) the combo of the 4 tents appearing just in panel 2, either.

Ozymandias9
2009-09-01, 12:48 AM
Among other issues, we don't even know if the view is from the same direction.

I haven't been able to resolve it regardless of what point of view the reader is assumed to be observing from. It seems at least a significant portion of the cells have to take place below the bottom of the shown cityscape (or perhaps obscured by a speech bubble).

Zolkabro
2009-09-01, 03:46 AM
In panel 7 we ge a good view of the shape of the pink tent. In panel one there are no pink tents of that shape.

OITS
2009-09-01, 08:15 AM
If you zoom in a little bit, you will clearly see that most heads are green.
There is no dark brown and no purple so no place Roy or V could be. They aren't on the first panel.

Kaytara
2009-09-01, 09:32 AM
Nonsense, they just HAVE to be! I'll only need to buy the compilation book to make sure! :smallfurious: :smallbiggrin:

David Argall
2009-09-01, 02:54 PM
500 & 510 also give us views of the new scene, and in both cases, we can't spot the party members, tho in 510, we know about where Durkon is.

So the odds are pretty good that there is no attempt to picture the party there. We just have a general view of the city and countryside. At least I am unable to find the right collection of tents they would be around.