PDA

View Full Version : Playing a hunter in a Vampire the masquerade campaign

Baltor
2009-08-31, 05:29 PM
I am a human hunter with the vengance numina. I have five dots in resources and would like to purchase some bad *** equiptment but I seem to be running out of ideas. so far I have two machetties and two glock 9mms and a shotgun. I have no drive skill( because my characters brother will be handeling that.) but my fire arms skill is 3 dots and my melee is at 4 dots. Also I took 2 dots in the contacts back ground, but I do not want to take the tipical boring "cop " or "FBI agent". I have already decided that I will use a hunter who makes anti vamp gadgets as one contact, but I need one more. any help with these problems would be appreciated.

SurlySeraph
2009-08-31, 05:32 PM
Five dots in resources? How about an attack helicopter?

Kurald Galain
2009-08-31, 05:34 PM
Visit your local mage for quintessence-infused phosphorus grenades.

comicshorse
2009-08-31, 06:10 PM
For the contact how about a corrupt army Quater-master who can get you all that lovely military grade equipment. Assault rifles, nightscopes, plastic explosives and yes White Phosphorous grenades
Also get some Dragon breath rounds and a double barrelled shotgun for the close encounters.

Eldan
2009-08-31, 06:13 PM
Flamethrower, ballistae, air support...

Haven
2009-08-31, 06:14 PM
Wait, you're playing a hunter in a Vampire game? As in, the rest of the party are vampires? If you don't mind going off-topic a little, how's that work?

Coidzor
2009-08-31, 06:17 PM
Does your DM want you to get raped? :smallconfused:

Dixieboy
2009-08-31, 06:22 PM
Does your DM want you to get raped? :smallconfused:

Five dot resources.

The guy could hire America as a mercenary force :P

OverdrivePrime
2009-08-31, 06:40 PM
Get the hottest sniper rifle possible - robotic stabilization, ultra-advanced imaging (thermal won't do a lot on most vamps unless they're burning blood for celerity or something, but ultraviolet would be pretty good), top-of-the-line range adjustments, all that stuff.

Then get your weaponsmith contact to make you some ultra-hard, compressed ashwood bullets that have been pre-soaked in holy water.

As long as your ST plays the torpor rules by the book, you should be able to either kill vampires outright (for the flimsier vampires) or induce torpor (tougher vamps) with a heart shot. Just remember to spend a couple rounds aiming and burn a willpower point to be sure.

I played an archery-based mortal in a vampire game a while back. Unfortunately my ST either didn't play by the torpor rules or the Sabbat vampires we fought all had a path of 10, because being staked in the heart with ashwood arrows seemed to only minorly inconvenience them. :smallfrown:

mmm... since you're more of a melee guy, another fun weapon to have made for you would be a great spear with perforations in the blae and a heavy-duty pneumatic plunger hooked up to a tank that holds about or 3 gallons of liquid. Stab your target vamp, triggering the pump, which should suck all the blood out of your target in about 3 seconds or so. Once they're outta blood, killing them should be a heck of a lot easier.