PDA

View Full Version : 3.5 Wiz/Sor 'Ninja Magic'

SartheKobold
2009-08-31, 05:33 PM
Trying to recreate the 'Ninja Magic' style of things like Ninja Scroll, Naruto and Basilisk with Wiz/Sor statting. Any ideas on Feat-Builds and/or spell selection? Obvious ones are Dimension Door, Magic (Missile) Shuriken, and Invis/Silence, but how about some less obvious ones?

Boci
2009-08-31, 05:55 PM
Trying to recreate the 'Ninja Magic' style of things like Ninja Scroll, Naruto and Basilisk with Wiz/Sor statting. Any ideas on Feat-Builds and/or spell selection? Obvious ones are Dimension Door, Magic (Missile) Shuriken, and Invis/Silence, but how about some less obvious ones?

Most evokation spells, and illusion spells for genjutsu? There are hundreds of techniques. Ithink you need to be a bit more specific somehow.

SartheKobold
2009-08-31, 06:58 PM
Most evokation spells, and illusion spells for genjutsu? There are hundreds of techniques. Ithink you need to be a bit more specific somehow.

I've got a few ideas myself, such as the various Kage Mane ones from Shikamaru. Hold Person, Mage's Black Tentacles and Darkness... Others are harder to emulates, such as Kiba and Sasuke...

Godskook
2009-08-31, 07:27 PM
You'd probably be better off dealing with some kind of semi-arcane ToB class/discipline homebrewing. From what I've seen of Naruto magic, the casters are never required to stop using it, but might not be able to sling the same thing continuously. ToB mechanics(especially crusader/warblade) work with this wonderfully, preventing attack spamming, but at the same time, allowing characters to chuck out a move as many times per day as is necessary to achieve required goals.

In fact, this just stirred the pot on a class I've been thinking of making.....maybe I'll be able to nail something down.

DracoDei
2009-08-31, 07:40 PM
For Cloning you MIGHT try the "Army of One (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5710173)" discipline on these boards. It is limited in its applications, but that would be an EXTREMELY powerful technique in D&D the way Naruto does it.

Person_Man
2009-09-01, 10:32 AM
Isn't there Naruto d20 out there somewhere?

Shpadoinkle
2009-09-01, 11:11 AM
Shadow Hand focused Swordsage.

SartheKobold
2009-09-01, 12:30 PM
Isn't there Naruto d20 out there somewhere?

(Just found) So there is, so there is...