PDA

View Full Version : Quick question

Jimbob
2009-09-01, 01:14 AM
We found a spellbook last night and I wish to write some of the spells that are in the book into my book, but for the life of me I can not find or remember how to do it, can any one clear this up for me please.

Kylarra
2009-09-01, 01:45 AM
Spells Copied from Another’s Spellbook or a Scroll

A wizard can also add a spell to her book whenever she encounters one on a magic scroll or in another wizard’s spellbook. No matter what the spell’s source, the wizard must first decipher the magical writing (see Arcane Magical Writings, above). Next, she must spend a day studying the spell. At the end of the day, she must make a Spellcraft check (DC 15 + spell’s level). A wizard who has specialized in a school of spells gains a +2 bonus on the Spellcraft check if the new spell is from her specialty school. She cannot, however, learn any spells from her prohibited schools. If the check succeeds, the wizard understands the spell and can copy it into her spellbook (see Writing a New Spell into a Spellbook, below). The process leaves a spellbook that was copied from unharmed, but a spell successfully copied from a magic scroll disappears from the parchment.

If the check fails, the wizard cannot understand or copy the spell. She cannot attempt to learn or copy that spell again until she gains another rank in Spellcraft. A spell that was being copied from a scroll does not vanish from the scroll.

In most cases, wizards charge a fee for the privilege of copying spells from their spellbooks. This fee is usually equal to the spell’s level × 50 gp.

Writing a New Spell into a Spellbook

Once a wizard understands a new spell, she can record it into her spellbook.
Time

The process takes 24 hours, regardless of the spell’s level.
Space in the Spellbook

A spell takes up one page of the spellbook per spell level. Even a 0-level spell (cantrip) takes one page. A spellbook has one hundred pages.
Materials and Costs

Materials for writing the spell cost 100 gp per page.

Note that a wizard does not have to pay these costs in time or gold for the spells she gains for free at each new level.

http://www.d20srd.org/srd/magicOverview/arcaneSpells.htm

EnnPeeCee
2009-09-01, 01:46 AM
SRD entry on adding stuff to your spellbook (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/magicOverview/arcaneSpells.htm#arcaneMagicalWritings)
Everything you want to know should be there.

Edit; bah ninja

Jimbob
2009-09-01, 01:58 AM
Thanks very much guy's