PDA

View Full Version : Fate/StayNight II: UBWs [Game Thread]

Pages : [1] 2

Trixie
2009-09-01, 05:20 AM
Fate /SN II: Unlimited Blade Wolfs

Old narration:

Imagine dark, gloomy building from the beginning of the century. It is a large, two floor mansion, standing in a garden somewhere on the outskirts of the city.

Imagine a circle, somewhere in the basement. Blood red lines form a delicate network, lights dance around, and the whole room is filled with vicious energies.

It is a portal.

Last remnants of The Mage Association banded together to summon champions capable of overthrowing the regime Saber established after her victory in the war, a year ago.

Unfortunately, the last remnants that managed to disappear from her ever watchful gaze were equally cursed with their weakness - they were not notable enough to be found, but at the same time not notable enough to summon proper Servants of their own to wage war.

Instead, they opened a portal to an alternate version of history - one in which Saber lost last war. To avoid a Paradox, one that would be deadly for all creation, they only summoned a handful of mages, victors, people long dead in their own world. Five mages, heirs of ancient bloodlines of sorcerers and magicians.

Now, a new hope is dawning on the world. Can the defeat Saber in this reality, too? Will she be strong enough to defeat them once again? And what of other, so far neutral parties, ones that already noticed something is amiss, parties that even now plan to use a resurgence of magekind to their own, devious ends?

And, finally, what of the other Servants, ancients spirits of long gone great heroes, that - until now - lacked means to materialize themselves in the material world, thanks to Saber's purge?

Only time will tell.

A few hours later, the same mansion was surrounded by armed soldiers from secret state police unit. Technicians swarmed inside the building, trying to pick any clues that might have been left behind by the Resistance, checking for any hidden booby-traps, and looking in bewilderment at the dormant circle on the floor. First analysis revealed it had been traced by someone using human blood; now, the researchers worked frantically to reveal more details, as if scared about consequences of failure.

And someone wandered at the scene of crime, they would note that they tried their hardest to not look at three figures in the corner, as if their mere visage could kill them. It was a peculiar group - a tall, scarred man, clad in the same battledress as the soldiers above, with colonel's insignia on the collar; A woman, face hidden deep beneath the hood, nondescript gray robes covering her from head to toe; and, standing behind them, another woman, in a simple black suit, looking strangely out of place.

The same observer would note that both figures subtly seemed to try to move as far away as they could, despite standing still.

- So... - The Colonel tried fill the silence, seemingly uncomfortable with it. - We confirmed the presence of at least three blood types. As soon as we will have the data from national DNA center, we can try to figure out what exactly they were doi--

- That much is obvious. - Began the woman. - It is a... portal of sorts. Not powerful enough to summon a phantasmal beast or a servant, so it must have been used to summon a group of people. Humans, that is.

- Summoned? Are you sure?

The Colonel was obviously unconvinced.

- Yes.

The womand pulled a card from beneath of her robes and handed it to the soldier:

http://www.imageboo.com/files/bp35lrxwzu18wf68asr8.png

- Unlim... What does that mean? - The veteran was obviously puzzled.

- It means the streets will soon become rivers of blood. A... new round of war has begun.

- Indeed. - The woman behind them finally spoke. For a moment, before they had a chance to regain composure, her companions looked... startled, but they hid it before anyone noticed. - We were... a bit too successful in our hunt for the mages a year before. The last remnants of the Resistance thought that that don't have a chance without their own mages...

She smiled, but it was a smile that wouldn't look out of place on a striped beast from a jungle.

- But all they accomplished was a summoning of a few new hosts, allowing Servants defeated in battle two years ago to regain their strength. Soon, they will be able to wage war once again. After all, I haven't been able to claim the ultimate prize back then, as my host was killed in combat long before I had chance to. This time, however...

She pointed at the Colonel.

- Your orders, milady?

- Begin preparing your unit for a fast, no-questions-asked hit and run strike at the hideout of the Resistance, maximum number of prisoners, by any means necessary, even your own casualties. They won't be able to hide a group of mages from me for long. You...

She pointed to a hooded woman.

- Try to see if you cannot enhance this portal to summon a few Servants of our own, using the host they so graciously provided us. I'd love to battle a few of them, again... But safety comes firs, and all of them we can claim for us won't be the ones coming to strike at my Kingdom. Plus... its not like I cannot kill the ones we control, after the Resistance dies, of course. Dismissed!

Rules:
Rules:
Standard rules - 48 hours for a day phase, everyone points in red at (the most likely) enemy. Then, 24 hours for night phase, every player with abilities and/or kills gets to use them. Repeat until victory or defeat.

Autolynches: We will be autolynching players only if they are inactive for 3 days straight. Of course, if you let me know that you will be gone for more than a week, we will give you a pass.

No scry interference, no 25% votes needed - simple majority will do.

All roles mentioned below will be included in 20 player game. I reserve the right to cut some of them if there is not enough interest, to balance things.

Roles:
Team Good(ish)
Citizens: Casualties-to-be. Some of them are tougher than that, though.

Tohsaka [Seer] - Again, the best mage in the city. Her scries will return one of the four results: human (citizens), mage (power roles), inquisitor (neutrals) & constructs (servants).

Sakura [Fool] - (Almost) twin sister of Tohsaka. She would be the best mage around... If not for unfortunate lack of training and experience. Random scries.

Shinji [Voider] - can use the Book of Seals to target one Servant. Target will be voided and any kills and abilities they might us during that night will be suppressed. This works for the duration of that night only. Book can be used three times, but once the last Seal is used, all targets have a 50% chance to learn the name of the user.

Shiro - Can protect from almost anything... But even he cannot stop two or more kills on the same target at the same time.

Bazett [Survivor] - Mage from Ireland. Thanks to various factors she can ignore one night kill action (once - just like she was nightbaned).

(Kaleid) Ilia [Disciple] - A... weird version of Illiasviel von Enzbern, straight from a spin-off series. Apparently, something went very wrong during the summoning. Abilities - secret :smalltongue:

Victory conditions: Standard - kill all Servants and end their reign of blood.
Team Neutral
Inquisition [masons] - again, the best team of Inquisitors was assembled under the lone survivor of the previous war. They want to stop the Servants... but killing a few heretics won't hurt, too. Two of them will get the following roles:

Caren [Head Mason] - The survivor. Taught by the bitter experience of previous war, this time she adopted a more cunning and stealthy approach.

Sion [Traitor] - Once, long ago, one of the best alchemists of the world and staunch ally of the Church. Now, she has agenda of her own, and a vast array of abilities to make her goals true. No one knows about her defection, and the others think she is just an ordinary Inquisitor. Her goals, too, are mystery :smallamused:

Victory conditions: secret, but similar to the set they had last time.
Team Evil [Servants]

Team Alpha
[B]Saber [Alpha] - Victor of the previous War. Abilities:
Excalibur [x1] - one-shot-kill.
Avalon [auto, x1] - anyone protected by Avalon can ignore one kill action, no matter what the source.
Loss: Shiro, Sakura & Tohsaka.

Archer [Copycat] - Has... interesting issues. Abilities:
Trace [x3] - next day daybane or night bane or weak scry.
Independent Operations - cannot lose powers.
Loss: -
Team Beta
Caster [Devil] - Most powerful mage of her era. Abilities:
Farseeing - perfect scry.
Command [x1] - Once per game targeted person has to execute one short action next day or night. No metagaming, though.
Loss: Caster's choice.

Assassin [Shadow] - Nuff' said. Abilities:
Stealth - [auto] will be always scried as citizen.
Tsubame Gaesh [x1] - his day point counts as three.
Loss: Caster.
Both evil teams have one night kill. It doesn't matter who sends those, but if the Servant in question is voided, the kill will be voided as well. They know other members of the team, Alpha gets to pick his/her team.

Each Servant has two abilities - only one can be used per night, so automatic abilities like Avalon or Stealth will be disabled until the end of night if the other one is used. Numbers in [] indicate how many times per game each ability can be used.

They lose their powers if the person noted below their abilities dies.

Victory conditions: Kill the other wolf team, number of non-evil players equals that of evil ones.

If you're interested, more fluff, names and character descriptions can be found in the opening posts of recruitment and game thread of previous edition.

Players:
Geesi
Helgraf
LexKat
Fostire
Supagoof

Day 6:
Banjo1985
Shadowhisper [citizen]
The Bookworm [citizen]

Day 5:
Night Surgeon [Caren]
Fleeing Coward [citizen]
Zar Peter [Archer]

Day 4:
Heroic [citizen]

Day 3:
Aemoh
[S]Jontom Xire
[S]Freshmeat [Shiro]

[B]Day 2:
Reinholdt [Assassin]
Kyouhen [Inquisitor]
Opeth_Freak [citizen]

Day 1:
Elder Tsofu
[S]Oddity [citizen]
Murska [citizen]

Roles might have been revised to clarify a few things, but nothing major changed, I think.

Irbis
2009-09-01, 07:28 AM
By the way: in case anyone is wondering, all role PM's have the same format: You are XXX, plus an appropriate picture of the role from TYPE Wiki (http://typemoon.wikia.com/wiki/TYPE-MOON_Wiki).

Except for Citizens [villagers], who got this one:

http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:TWGU6Wc9ybp2DM:http://www.narragansett.k12.ri.us/nes/images/citizen.gif

So, now you know and cannot cheat-joe :smalltongue:

Fleeing Coward
2009-09-01, 07:33 AM
But I already cheated so wolves, might be a good idea to kill me :smallbiggrin:

Elder Tsofu
2009-09-01, 01:48 PM
Well, I think Banjo1985 are more than he shows. :smallwink:
(Got to start somewhere)

Opeth_Freak
2009-09-01, 02:00 PM
Fostire, because voices in my head told me to do it...

Murska
2009-09-01, 02:02 PM
Opeth Freak, because the voices in my head tell me he has voices in his head.

Freshmeat
2009-09-01, 02:05 PM
Shadowhisper, because the sky is blue.

Guancyto
2009-09-01, 02:14 PM
Stop!

Grammar time!

Elder_Tsofu.

Elder Tsofu
2009-09-01, 03:04 PM
Ah, never drop beneath the herd. :smalltongue:

The Bookworm
2009-09-01, 05:29 PM
Murska, because I haven't a clue.

Aemoh
2009-09-01, 06:22 PM
*points at The Bookworm*

Because I have a clue*

*Not really.

Vwulf DeMarcus
2009-09-01, 06:57 PM
Murska.

Stupid cruddy old keyboard!

Fleeing Coward
2009-09-01, 07:01 PM
Shadowhisper for building the stepping stone towards a bandwagon

Lex-Kat
2009-09-01, 08:31 PM
Elder Tsofu for reminding me of Tofu. :smallyuk:

Kyouhen
2009-09-02, 01:23 AM
Shadowhisper, because the voices in Opeth's head told me to.

Jontom Xire
2009-09-02, 02:19 AM
Murska because it's day one and he deserves it. Grumble trying to backstab me in Diplomacy grumble grumble

Helgraf
2009-09-02, 02:58 AM
Murska. Why not?

banjo1985
2009-09-02, 04:55 AM
Right back at you Elder Tsofu :smallbiggrin:

Reinholdt
2009-09-02, 08:10 AM
First day random at Kyouhen

Murska
2009-09-02, 08:57 AM
Eh.

Shadowhisper, because Jontom backstabbed me in Diplomacy before I had time to backstab him.

Jontom Xire
2009-09-02, 10:29 AM
That's a lie! I never had any intention of backstabbing you in Diplomacy. You were sleazily trying to persuade our mutual ally England to attack me! I just started reacting long long long before you realised that I knew about it or that everyone else on the map knew I knew about it.

:smallbiggrin:

Murska
2009-09-02, 10:34 AM
That's a lie! I never had any intention of backstabbing you in Diplomacy. You were sleazily trying to persuade our mutual ally England to attack me! I just started reacting long long long before you realised that I knew about it or that everyone else on the map knew I knew about it.

Actually, I was trying to persuade my enemy England to attack my right-now-not-at-war dude who supposedly was a part of an alliance though never had done anything except take one of my centers to help me. :smallbiggrin:

It's not my fault if you people assumed I was allied with anyone after France went down.

Zar Peter
2009-09-02, 11:30 AM
Point at Aemoh because... he doesn't has a clue.

Supagoof
2009-09-02, 12:28 PM
Whooo. It's begun.

Freshmeat - to welcome him back to the games.

Actually, y'know what. Changing it to Elder Tsofu to make it a 3 way tie.

Now let's see where Fostire, Heroic, Night Surgeon and Oddity push it since they haven't voted yet. :smallwink:

Fostire
2009-09-02, 01:05 PM
*flips three sided coin*
Supagoof :smalltongue:

Oddity
2009-09-03, 03:48 AM
Freshmeat

"No NO NOO!, you cant do that!"

"I can't?"

"Definitely not!"

"Should I like... take it back?"

"No No No, that would be much worse. You have already done the damage... now go away"

((Woot, I enjoy three way ties))

Fan
2009-09-03, 04:03 AM
Well, I'm sorry to tell you all, but once more I NEVER point on day one.

So, you can enjoy this three way tie.:smalltongue:

Oddity
2009-09-03, 05:02 AM
*glares at heroic*

"You know what to do"

Trixie
2009-09-03, 05:27 AM
Well, he has about 150 minutes to make his decision :smalltongue:

Murska
2009-09-03, 06:25 AM
Elder Tsofu to break the 3-way tie.

Oddity
2009-09-03, 06:33 AM
Murska to make it a two way again :smalltongue:

Elder Tsofu
2009-09-03, 07:16 AM
Hm, Banjo seem quite innocent compared to this Murska-fellow. :smallwink:

Murska
2009-09-03, 07:18 AM
Aw. He went online just in time. Oh well.

Oddity
2009-09-03, 07:18 AM
Shadowwhisper. You know why :smallredface:

Fleeing Coward
2009-09-03, 07:22 AM
Elder Tsofu

Oddity
2009-09-03, 07:24 AM
Curses.

I'll stop now I guess.

Trixie
2009-09-03, 07:26 AM
30 minutes left.

If anyone still has the urge to complicate my life, please do so quickly :smalltongue:

Fleeing Coward
2009-09-03, 07:27 AM
OK, I'll make 30 changes to votes in 30 minutes :smallbiggrin:

Oddity
2009-09-03, 07:28 AM
Murska again.
*giggles*

Opeth_Freak
2009-09-03, 07:41 AM
Murska, Because Elder Tsofu is a new player, and I want to give him chance to play some more :smallwink:

Oddity
2009-09-03, 07:43 AM
And uh, that brings me back to Shadowhisper

Murska
2009-09-03, 07:44 AM
Shadowhisper.

Fleeing Coward
2009-09-03, 07:56 AM
Shadowhisper

Trixie
2009-09-03, 08:00 AM
Aaaaand... Day is over!

Now, to count all this mess [mumbles]. :smalltongue:

Trixie
2009-09-03, 08:38 AM
Dismissed!

The black-clad woman rushed out of the room, two officials in tow. The colonel turned to his men, and begun to give them orders...

Only to notice one of them raised his rifle, aiming at the back of his superior. Then, with trained, mechanical precision, he pulled the trigger.

Or at least tried to - and he would have likely succeeded, if his hand was still attached to his arm. All the present men managed to notice was inhumanly fast silver flash, then, just a split second later, clatter of a rifle hitting the concrete a few meters away. The soldier had a second to stare with disbelief at the bloody stump, when second flash took his head off his neck, and sent it flying on a parabolic trajectory, into a garbage bin.

- Heh... How do you call it? Hat-trick? Hat, heh heh.

The woman glared at the Colonel.

- It seems that the Resistance is rearing its ugly head... again. "Someone" hadn't successfully purged his forces, eh?

She raised her hand.

- Don't make me accept your apology after the next mistake... Colonel.

With these words hanging in the air, she entered one of the APCs and left.

- I... Uh, no human can be possibly this fast. What the hell was that?

- A sword, I believe. Invisible one, to be precise.

Despite both the quiet words, and the implied rhetorical nature of the words, or maybe because of them, his companion spoke.

- With the magic returning to this world, she will become even stronger than that. She was the strongest in the whole war, of course. The question is...

She turned toward the window.

- What we will do about it?

Meanwhile, in the other part of the city...

A group of young civilians is standing before the desk where a man surrounded with an aura of authority sits. Just outside the room, a group of armed men looks nervously at the door. What they are up to, I wonder?

Murska [citizen] was Stabb'd. 24 hours, first night.

Vwulf DeMarcus
2009-09-03, 05:17 PM
Shadowwhisper. You know why :smallredface:

No, actually I don't.:smallconfused:

Oddity
2009-09-03, 05:53 PM
I was more addressing all the players with 'You'.
If you didn't notice I was switching between wagons just to keep them all even sided.

Vwulf DeMarcus
2009-09-03, 06:23 PM
Ah, OK. I really thought I was going to be lynched. ...Crap, now the wolves will kill me, right?

Trixie
2009-09-04, 06:17 AM
All players who still hasn't sent actions should hurry :smalltongue:

Three hours to go and the night is over.

Murska
2009-09-04, 08:29 AM
Oh sheesh! Can I send my action in via thread?

I'll resurrect myself tonight.

Trixie
2009-09-04, 09:41 AM
[Somewhere on the outskirts of the city, in the Dark, Gloomy Resistance Headquarters]

- ...And that's how the situation looks, and how you ended up here.

The General looked at the group standing before him. Three girls, a woman, and two men. These six were the last hope of the Rebel Allia... Resistance.

- I see. One question, though... - Woman in red raised her arm. - Why us?

- Our record indicate you were able to resist them almost to the last moment in this reality, as I just finished telling you. Our last mage tried to pick the one in which you won, in order to end this dictatorship once and for all.

- Oh.. There is a problem, though. - Girl looked at one of the boys. - He was allied with the enemy in our version of the conflict. Can you detain him somewhere?

The one in question glared angrily at her, but said nothing. The General nodded.

- Of course. Sergeant, can you..?

- Yes sir!

After both of them left the room, the General picked up a map from his briefcase.

- Okay, now, I would like to present you with our pla...

Suddenly, everyone present in the room, save for the officer, turned around, as if jolted by electricity.

- Did you fee--?

- Yes.

The woman quickly moved to the side of the door, then suddenly opened it...

Only to face a circle of the headless corpses neatly arranged in artistic composition under the wall. Said wall was defaced, as if someone tried to hack a haiku into its surface with something sharp and covered with blood:

The Sakura Blossoms,
My laundry pole hacks,
You all will be next.

- Hmmmm... - The girl nodded. - That doesn't look like the offender had great English skills.

Let's see:

Aemoh was not killed by Saber;
Oddity [Citizen] was stabb'd by Assassin;

Finally, Elder Tsofu [Shinji] was Excalibured by Saber.

No voids and missed kills for you, Team Good, then.

Oh, and it seems everyone is eager to use all one-shot-abilities as quickly as possible, while they hold into them until they died in previous game :smalltongue:

Oddity
2009-09-04, 09:45 AM
Yay, I'm dead

Trixie
2009-09-04, 09:53 AM
Yes, you are indeed :smalleek:

Everyone got the PMs with results of their actions?

Murska
2009-09-04, 09:57 AM
I didn't. :smallfrown:

Jontom Xire
2009-09-04, 10:40 AM
Okkkkaaayyyy.

So just to get a handle on all that:

1) Aemoh was targetted by Team Alpha, but baned in some way. Possibly by Saber or Archer to make us think he is the good guy baner. Is that possible?
2) Oddity was killed by Team Beta.
3) The good guy voider power role got killed by a Team Alpha one shot ability.

Trixie's comment about:

Oh, and it seems everyone is eager to use all one-shot-abilities as quickly as possible, while they hold into them until they died in previous game

indicates that more than one one-shot/limited use ability was used. One shot abilities are:

Excalibur - night kill - used
Avalon - bane - ??
Trace - bane or scry x3 - ??
Command - control other - ??
Tsubame Gaesh - triple point - ??

Now the first three are all Team Alpha and if they are using an approach of using up all one-shots early then it would be the perfect ploy to target one of themselves and use a one-shot bane to gain our trust.

However we also can't risk lynching the baner or the survivor, so I am not sure what to do next.

Trixie
2009-09-04, 10:52 AM
1) Let's see... there are 5 ways in total (I think) to make night kill fail. Aemoh was indeed saved due to one of them... but which one, sadly, you'll have to figure out by yourselves.
2) Yes.
3) Yup.
4) Indeed... but I think you missed a few of the one shot powers.

Of course, it is possible someone might have a hidden power. Um dum te dun.

And before you ask, no, there are no secret roles in this game.

Opeth_Freak
2009-09-04, 10:59 AM
Fleeing Coward, because he was changing his votes constantly yesterday, while giving absolutely no reason (neither serious, nor joke ones) to do it.

Supagoof
2009-09-04, 02:06 PM
Opeth_Freak for being first to vote today and finalizing the bandwagon on Murska.

Aemoh
2009-09-04, 03:34 PM
Personally, I think you all should believe the fella that was attacked.

And since I'm now basically useless except to help unify us, I'd like people to do that. Feel free to use a scry on me if ya like, it's only gonna confirm I'm not a Servant.

Also, who the hell attacks me night 1? I'll take it as a compliment I guess :smallamused:

*random point at Fostire*

Lex-Kat
2009-09-04, 06:31 PM
How about Zar Peter?

Freshmeat
2009-09-04, 08:33 PM
Hm, quite interesting indeed, but far from conclusive. It might've been a ploy by the wolves (albeit one that's unlikely to catch anyone off-guard) but then there are a fair number of non-sinister alternatives to Aemoh surviving a kill attempt as well. I'd say it matters relatively little. The voider dying on the other hand...

Anyway, I'll go with Kyouhen today.

Aemoh
2009-09-04, 11:22 PM
It's not like I'm Murska or anything... :smalltongue:

Feel free to wait another day for me to be cleared by a scry if you really want though.

Kyouhen
2009-09-05, 01:19 AM
It's not like I'm Murska or anything... :smalltongue:

Feel free to wait another day for me to be cleared by a scry if you really want though.

Yes, I'm sure there's no chance Aemoh could be an assassin. That would just be silly. :smallamused:

Jontom Xire
2009-09-05, 06:46 AM
I've just remembered Black Iron Prison. Aemoh was awesome in that. He baned me and the bad guys attempted to kill me night one (I think). I formed a lynchpin to unify the good guys and led the team to victory because of that.

I KNOW Aemoh remembers that too, so if he were team Alpha he would most definitely look at his one shot powers and think "Hey, I won't lose a night kill because I've got Excaliber and I bet I can get lots of good guys to contact me if they think I'm the baner".

Aemoh
2009-09-05, 08:12 AM
*switches point to Kyouhen*

Sorry, picked someone that couldn't switch to me and JX is more valuable alive. Usually. Trying to get me killed kinda makes him less valuable, but hey...

For the love of all that is holy, DO NOT LYNCH ME.

*sigh*

I'm Bazett. Survivor. One shot only night kill protection. Let me be useful.

Also, I hereby swear that should I be lynched, I'm gonna try and get JX lynched day 1(Or any day) from here on till I'm satisfied :smallamused:

But, for the record, when I have ever used any schemes? Zany or not?

Vwulf DeMarcus
2009-09-05, 09:17 AM
Kyouhen. I'm a sheep.

Zar Peter
2009-09-05, 09:25 AM
Aemoh sounds reasonable. Enough for me anyway.

Point at Kyouhen

Kyouhen
2009-09-05, 09:33 AM
If I changed my vote what would be the chances of people dropping this bandwagon? :smalleek:

Reinholdt
2009-09-05, 09:35 AM
Opeth_Freak for another option.

Guancyto
2009-09-05, 10:34 AM
Opeth_Freak sounds good to me.

Fan
2009-09-05, 11:09 AM
Well, it seems to me like Aemoh is going to be the target of the night kill anyways, so why waste a lynch to help the wolves?

Kyouhen, because I'd rather have at least a fraction of a chance of success.

Kyouhen
2009-09-05, 11:43 AM
Ok, so that isn't working. How about I claim mason and you guys leave me alone. :smallannoyed:

EDIT:
Also Opeth_Freak.

Lex-Kat
2009-09-05, 11:49 AM
Opeth Freak it is then. :smallamused:

Opeth_Freak
2009-09-05, 12:01 PM
Wait, WHAT? :smalleek:

Kyouhen, because I don't want to die.

Aemoh
2009-09-05, 02:19 PM
*switches point to Opeth_Freak*

Sorry bro. You wanna claim something now? Fun day(though I don't see why I actually had to claim anything..)

EDIT: On reflection... I'm on the Mason hit list ain't I? Or maybe Kyouhen was fooling around with his point(which seems possible, he was refrencing me being Murska in Assassins. Though I wanna say again, I was a Sleeper, I didn't know that till I was lynched and Beast'd someone to death :smalltongue: )

Opeth_Freak
2009-09-05, 02:20 PM
Don't have anything to claim, I'm a simple villager :smallfrown:

Fostire
2009-09-05, 02:38 PM
Well, it seems to me like Aemoh is going to be the target of the night kill anyways, so why waste a lynch to help the wolves?

Agreed

Opeth Freak

Kyouhen
2009-09-05, 03:01 PM
*switches point to Opeth_Freak*

Sorry bro. You wanna claim something now? Fun day(though I don't see why I actually had to claim anything..)

EDIT: On reflection... I'm on the Mason hit list ain't I? Or maybe Kyouhen was fooling around with his point(which seems possible, he was refrencing me being Murska in Assassins. Though I wanna say again, I was a Sleeper, I didn't know that till I was lynched and Beast'd someone to death :smalltongue: )

Actually I was pointing to the fact that the Assassin role scries as a villager. :smalltongue:

Irbis
2009-09-05, 03:11 PM
Um... Trixie seemingly has serious problems with net connection [possibly as far as Monday] and a full PM box. If there is anything you want to ask, or any other issue, PM me, I'll try to answer or I'll send it all to him en masse when his net company repairs it.

You can also send me any role/game PMs from other games he might want to receive, I promise to not tell anyone :smallbiggrin:

Lex-Kat
2009-09-05, 05:44 PM
You can also send me any role/game PMs from other games he might want to receive, I promise to not tell anyone :smallbiggrin:
Um, please don't do this if you are playing in Assassins, as Irbis is a player there as well.

Thank you. :smallsmile:

Helgraf
2009-09-06, 05:50 AM
Opeth-Freak

Trixie
2009-09-06, 07:51 AM
90 minutes left.

Opeth_Freak
2009-09-06, 08:01 AM
You can finish the day earlier, really... There's no chance I'll save myself now... Being villager sucks :smallsigh:

Trixie
2009-09-06, 09:23 AM
[a few hours earlier]

The Colonel and the mysterious woman were standing in a back alley. Before them stood old Mercedes Sprinter, yellow van, somewhat battered and dirty.

- Everything is prepared? - the woman inquired in curious voice.

- Yes, a group of soldiers you picked and all materials you said you need to summon another Servant. - the Colonel was obviously nervous.

- Good.

- Are you sure it is going to work and we will finally be free to--

- "We"? - the woman interrupted him, in the same curious tone.

- Wait a... You said... I don't--

The woman pointed a finger at him. The old soldier froze, as if unable to move.

- You don't have to.

The officer didn't know what scared him the most: the paralyzing spell, the cheerful tone his companion used the whole time... Or the light reflecting from the knife one of his soldiers, who began to walk toward him, drew from his tactical vest's scabbard.

Caren Ortensia smiled, finally free. Last year of scheming finally paid off. Last few Inquisitors Saber wasn't able to find - mostly because they already infiltrated her forces - were finally gathered in cohesive unit under her command, she had access to materials needed to end Saber's reign of terror once and for all... And now, that irritating old man was dead. She slowly took off her bulky robe, then threw it over the body. No one would find it here until it would start to rot. Who knew? Maybe he would get a little monument celebrating him as a martyr when the regime was toppled. The future looked bright... save for the annoying meddling of the resistance, and the reemergence of the heresy in the world.

No matter. The mages would be purged, too, in time, and the distraction they provided might be crucial.

Opeth Freak [citizen] was backstabb'd.

Second Night, 24 hours.

Trixie
2009-09-07, 03:19 AM
5-6 hours and we are closing shop.

Seriously, I still lack 4 actions, including one from player that haven't used anything since beginning. :smallsigh:

Trixie
2009-09-07, 11:25 AM
[A few hours later]

Caren was observing the Resistance's hideout through binoculars. That went well - fake "Saber" attack finally pushed them into action; with luck, they will eliminate each other.

But she didn't need luck; after all, she had...

- Everyone is ready?

Caster nodded. The other members of small inquisitor squad looked nervously at her, but she has been most useful so far. She found the headquarters using arcane spells of impossible complexity, at least for Mages of this Era; she summoned another Servant, almost as easily as if it was an afterthough.

- Good, everyone on board. We will follow them as soon as Assassin returns.

A few hundred meters from the hideout a lone Inquisitor was standing guard. Actually, his post was closer to the wan, but he left it a minute ago, following nature's call. He was experienced veteran - choosing well secluded spot, from both enemy spotters and snipers, was almost a second nature for him.

Still, experienced as he were, he was no match for superhuman spirit aided by cloaking magic.

He didn't even had time to feel anything - magical sword severed his spine before his nerves had time to tell him that, stopping just before clean beheading. It was clean kill.

But at the same time it was Assassin's downfall. He turned to clean his blade, reflecting how many men he will have to dispatch until he and Caster were free...

Still his superhuman reflex almost warned him on time. He turned...

http://images40.fotosik.pl/147/aa8e1abf3f369691.jpeg

Only to feel the impact of an arrow hit. It wasn't normal arrow, of course, as no such weapon would be able to kill him. It was an enchanted missile, which detonated in his chest, killing him instantly.

http://i669.photobucket.com/albums/vv51/midashi13/largeAnimePaperwallpapers_Fate-S-2.png

Three hundred meters later, Archer, who managed to sneak upon them using the Sun's glare as cover, slowly nodded.

- Huh. Thanks for leaving the cover of your wizard friend there, buddy. You really thought that we don't know what is going on? Really, you can't build a successful regime without good counterintelligence services.

He retrieved a radio set out of his pocket.

- "Sword", this is "Arrow". Bandit down. Repeat: Bandit down. Backstabber: commencing.

Kyouhen [Inquisitor] was beheadd'd by Assassin.
Reinholdt [Assassin] was deleted by Archer.

Dat 3rd, 48 hours.

Zar Peter
2009-09-07, 04:52 PM
Hmm... something tells me it's time to vote now. Maybe the post above me is a hint.

Point at Lex-Kat

Kyouhen
2009-09-07, 05:04 PM
Well at least I can rest easy knowing my assassin was assassinated. :smallamused:

Lex-Kat
2009-09-07, 07:58 PM
Hey Banjo1985, do you remember Black Iron Prison? :smallbiggrin:

The Bookworm
2009-09-07, 08:12 PM
Zar Peter.

Heroic
2009-09-07, 09:35 PM
Zar Peter

Sory for the absence... crappy exams :smallannoyed:

banjo1985
2009-09-08, 03:47 AM
Hey Banjo1985, do you remember Black Iron Prison? :smallbiggrin:

Why yes, yes I do Lex-Kat, care to tell the lovely ladies and gentlemen about who your trusted roleplaying partner turned out to be? :smalltongue:

Freshmeat
2009-09-08, 09:11 AM
*points at Night Surgeon*

Fleeing Coward
2009-09-08, 09:27 AM
Freshmeat.

Supagoof
2009-09-08, 10:02 AM
Any logic behind these?

Zar Peter for being the first to point today, but my thoughts can be swayed to another if someone has better reasoning.

Better logic came along...

Zar Peter
2009-09-08, 03:02 PM
Argh... I knew it was a mistake to post at first. But I was too drunk to stop.

So, seeing that my head is in the noose already mostly because I pointed at first I should bring some logic into this... but I can't since, well because I go mostly on stomach feelings in this game. I pointed at Lex-Kat because no one she pointed at is still alive. Weak reason but the only I have.

Guancyto
2009-09-08, 03:23 PM
I'll go with Night Surgeon as well.

@V Maybe I should go with Shadowhisperspring instead... :smalltongue:

Vwulf DeMarcus
2009-09-08, 06:56 PM
Zar Peter.

'Cause I got no clue.

Helgraf
2009-09-08, 09:22 PM
Lex-kat...

Fostire
2009-09-08, 11:00 PM
I'm gonna go with Geesi cause I don't think I've seen him before.

Aemoh
2009-09-09, 12:17 AM
*points at Supagoof*

No reason, just don't feel like following today's wagon.

I'd do my usual "even up the wagons" bit, but enough people still probably want to lynch me so I won't :smalltongue:

Lex-Kat
2009-09-09, 12:17 AM
Why yes, yes I do Lex-Kat, care to tell the lovely ladies and gentlemen about who your trusted roleplaying partner turned out to be? :smalltongue:
I RP'd with Banjo, as his Noble lover, who's eyes had been awakened to the atrocites.

First day, I change my vote from Fleeing Coward to Fin, sealing Fin's doom.

Why? Because Banjo was going to be lynched otherwise.

Little did I know, Banjo was the Devil, Bob Arctor.

I was lynched day 2. :smallfrown: This was my second Werewolf game, btw.

BLack Iron Prison. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5070633&postcount=29)

banjo1985
2009-09-09, 03:39 AM
I RP'd with Banjo, as his Noble lover, who's eyes had been awakened to the atrocites.

First day, I change my vote from Fleeing Coward to Fin, sealing Fin's doom.

Why? Because Banjo was going to be lynched otherwise.

Little did I know, Banjo was the Devil, Bob Arctor.

I was lynched day 2. :smallfrown: This was my second Werewolf game, btw.

BLack Iron Prison. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5070633&postcount=29)

Moral of the story; I may have the tactical capacity of a bruised haddock, but I cannot be trusted. :smalltongue:

Jontom Xire
2009-09-09, 03:41 AM
Fair enough then, Banjo1985 because he cannot be trusted.

Aemoh
2009-09-09, 04:02 AM
Bit late in the day to be doing this, but, Seer Test time.

*points at Freshmeat*

Fairly certain my contact is the Seer and not the Fool, otherwise I wouldn't want Freshmeat lynched for a test.

If some people would be so kind as to switch their points, I'd appreciate it.

The Bookworm
2009-09-09, 08:30 AM
Freshmeat. For the seer!

Fleeing Coward
2009-09-09, 08:33 AM
I'd change but I pointed at him before the seer test was even announced :smallbiggrin:

Jontom Xire
2009-09-09, 08:38 AM
Freshmeat then. Bad luck freshmeat. It sucks, especially as this is your first game back after a long time.

Freshmeat
2009-09-09, 08:52 AM
Hrm, and here I was hoping I could've at least survived this day without having to come forward. Refuting a scry isn't simple, but I've done so before and I'll try again now. Quite frankly, I find this last-minute 'scry' to be phenomenally convenient, as I'm not a Servant, but in fact the baner.

So either you're lying, your contact is, or this is just a rather unfortunate string of bad luck that ultimately led to the one public scry so far happening to target precisely the baner (the one who's most difficult to kill for the bad guys to boot). And said scry happening in such a way and at such a moment that said baner has precious little time left to prove his innocence but there's still enough time to sway one or two votes, which is all that's needed. I refer again to my 'convenient' comment.
Hrm, under normal circumstances we'd have about 48 hours for anyone to refute my baner claim but alas, no such luck here... Whether this is paranoia talking here or this is in fact a well thought-out setup to get rid of me (and/or my role) remains to be seen.

Not much else to say here, save for two things:
- Team Alpha has a veritable buttload of lynch protection in this game. With the voider dead, would it really be wise to throw away the potential of a few nightly banes as well? Banes which might very well prove to be of crucial importance?
- Those who've played with me before might also figure that I wouldn't have chosen the nightly targets team Alpha did and that the odds of me being on team Beta either are even lower (killing an outed mason when the seer is still alive? Huh?).

*switches point to Zar Peter to save himself*

For what it's worth, at least consider the possibility that I'm telling the truth. I don't mind dying, but I do mind losing.

Aemoh
2009-09-09, 09:04 AM
Well, look at it this way, if you're actually the baner then tomorrow we kill Caster(or some other Servant who thought this'd be funny).

Also, why did you not claim to me? This woulda gone down a lot differently then, I'd imagine.

Zar Peter
2009-09-09, 09:29 AM
Well, I think it's quite obvious what I'm doing now...

Point at Freshmeat

*sweat*

Jontom Xire
2009-09-09, 09:29 AM
And isn't it convenient that you just happen to "be" the one role that the bad guys can't kill - not very easily anyway. If you claimed any other role everyone would just say "so what, the bad guys could just have night killed you instead of claiming seer".

And that, in fact, is the weak point in your argument.

If you actually were the baner you would realise that coming out would mean that both bad guys are sure to team up their kills on you and you would die despite baning yourself.

If you were a mason or villager you would take one for the team to discover if the seer really is the seer.

If you were a bad guy you would know that your team won't attack you, and you probably have a bane or two up your sleeve. Then when the other bad guy team attack you, you bane yourself and lo and behold prove that you are in fact the baner. Yeah right!

You know as well as anyone how bad an idea it is to "come out" when you're a power-role.

Also, given how few bad guys there are (2 per team, only one left on one team) there is no way I can imagine a bad guy pretending to be the seer. That's a tactic that only works when you have a bad guy you can afford to lose. In this game the bad guys cannot afford to lose one at all.

Lastly, you're definitely, to my mind, team alpha and probably Archer. If you survive today you can daybane yourself tonight for tomorrow. But I bet you're not day-baned today!

Freshmeat
2009-09-09, 09:59 AM
Well, look at it this way, if you're actually the baner then tomorrow we kill Caster(or some other Servant who thought this'd be funny).

Or the fool.
Theoretically speaking, you could very well be a Servant yourself and simply claim that you were given a scry by some other innocent you'll lynch tomorrow. Even in a best-case scenario (your contact is a Servant), odds are still high you'll run into a daybane (possibly multiples) while villager numbers continue to plummet downwards fast. I'm all for networking, but ultimately you're still testing a scry on the baner.

Also, why did you not claim to me? This woulda gone down a lot differently then, I'd imagine.

I'm not in the habit of telling my role to someone I don't fully trust. You're -probably- on team Good alright, but I felt pretty confident that I could talk down any potential lynch mobs that would rise up against me. Decidedly less so if we're talking about a lynch mob backed by an incorrect scry that reads 'Servant', of course.

Still, I'm interested in knowing what your reasons were for waiting so long with the scry. I'm not saying you should've revealed it immediately at the start of this day (that's nearly always a bad idea), but I feel I would've had a proper chance at defending myself here if I'd known this yesterday rather than a scant few hours before the update.

[snip]

Much of this is true. Is it convenient that I claim to be the baner? Of course. Yet as I've said before, nearly all of my options are quite cleanly cut off here. I am, in fact, the baner but there's not much I can do to prove my innocence at this point, not the way events seems to conspire against so completely. With Zar Peter's vote on me as well now, the outcome seems pretty much decided already, so I know I'm dead anyway. But I'll argue a bit for argument's sake anyway on the off-chance it might convince anyone to play things safe and/or be more careful for tomorrow's lynch.

Lastly, you're definitely, to my mind, team alpha and probably Archer. If you survive today you can daybane yourself tonight for tomorrow. But I bet you're not day-baned today!

Yes, the daybanes are the real cinch here. Were it not for them, everyone would be far more inclined to play thing safe ("let's wait one more day and lynch him tomorrow instead!"). Hence why I'm keenly interested in finding out whether this 'scry' on me, including the timing and the string of easily-overtaken minor bandwagons of today are all just a random fluke or actually a well-designed ploy by someone.

You know as well as anyone how bad an idea it is to "come out" when you're a power-role.

*blinks*
Come again? More games have been broken in half by that tactic than I can count. I'm not arguing in favor of randomly giving away your role, but in fairly important situations like these, I feel its use is not simply warranted, but advised. In fact, I'd have come forward myself the moment Caster would be down and I'd be immune to night kills from that point onwards.
Besides, one needn't necessarily claim a role in public to dispute someone's claim. If I had the proper chance (read: time) to claim baner then others would still be free to tell Aemoh they were actually the baner instead (provided they were willing to trust Aemoh). Then team villager would be guaranteed to get at least one wolf. Now you've got no guarantees of anything. I'll die today as the baner and you still won't know for certain whether the fool is actually the fool at all. And the worst part is: by now you probably already know that I'm the baner indeed and that what I just said is exactly what's going to happen, yet since I've been scried, you don't have much of an alternative. That's what makes this somewhat annoying: even if I convince anyone of my innocence, they'll still vote for me.

The best chance the villagers got at this moment pretty much comes down to contacting Aemoh en masse, I guess. Give people about 7-10 hours from this point onwards to refute his claim as Bazett. If unchallenged, you should have a fairly reliable network since a very large portion of the playerbase should still be holding on to power roles. Then, as long as you keep the lynches somewhat unpredictable (so as to nullify Archer's daybanes), you've got a decent chance of outracing the night kills.

Trixie
2009-09-09, 10:56 AM
Also, given how few bad guys there are (2 per team, only one left on one team) there is no way I can imagine a bad guy pretending to be the seer. That's a tactic that only works when you have a bad guy you can afford to lose. In this game the bad guys cannot afford to lose one at all.

And this comes from a guy who argued there were too many in Fate I [mumbles]. :smallsigh:

Oh, well... I was going to update as soon as I returned from the trip - and a completely new wagon springs up. Sigh. Let's extend the day for 6 more hours to give you a bit of time for arguing also, for the sake of fairness and to give me time to plan/write a new narration just in case.

Supagoof
2009-09-09, 11:47 AM
Points at Freshmeat.

Aemoh
2009-09-09, 11:58 AM
Still, I'm interested in knowing what your reasons were for waiting so long with the scry. I'm not saying you should've revealed it immediately at the start of this day (that's nearly always a bad idea), but I feel I would've had a proper chance at defending myself here if I'd known this yesterday rather than a scant few hours before the update.

I learned of the scry a bit earlier in the day, yes, but I was waiting to hear back as I wasn't told "go out Freshmeat", rather that I scried as myself and you scried as a Servant. I asked for clarification, which only came in these last few hours of the day(and my contact shouldn't be faulted there for conspiracy, as they weren't on during the day).

I was honestly kicking myself for not starting this earlier, since it seemed like there wasn't enough hours left in the day to pull off a wagon on you, but, looks like there was.

Though, if you turn out to be the Baner, and my contact turns out to be anyone but the Fool, looks like I've got another person to add to my list of people not to trust(that list currently just has Murska, lucky him :smalltongue: ).

Anyways, thought I'd answer since you asked.

Lex-Kat
2009-09-09, 12:01 PM
*Shrugs* At least then we'll know if Freshmeat is telling the truth or not.

Freshmeat
2009-09-09, 12:12 PM
I learned of the scry a bit earlier in the day, yes, but I was waiting to hear back as I wasn't told "go out Freshmeat", rather that I scried as myself and you scried as a Servant.

(emphasis mine)
I might be going out on a limb here and it's probably just an error in semantics, but are you certain your were scried as your role, as opposed to just a general classification?

Tohsaka [Seer] - Again, the best mage in the city. Her scries will return one of the four results: human (citizens), mage (power roles), inquisitor (neutrals) & constructs (servants).

Aemoh
2009-09-09, 12:24 PM
(emphasis mine)
I might be going out on a limb here and it's probably just an error in semantics, but are you certain your were scried as your role, as opposed to just a general classification?

Correct, I was scried as a Mage, not my exact role.

Guancyto
2009-09-09, 01:48 PM
Well, Bazett is an amazing trade if someone happened to counterclaim, so I think Aemoh is good. And Caster is all alone now, so a stunt like this would lose him/her the game, so I think that his seer is either good, accurate or both.

Thus, contacting him with any Baner claims seems like it would be both a good way to resolve this and a smart move for Team Good.

Trixie
2009-09-09, 04:46 PM
Okay, day ends here. Just a minute and I'll count the votes.

Trixie
2009-09-09, 05:24 PM
[0700 Hours - Zulu Time, Resistance's HQ]

- And that concludes our plan. Everyone got that?

The General glared at the strike force. Now, it was the time to utterly crush Saber once and for all.

- Can I address the troops, Sir? - The Boy - Mage - General corrected himself, asked.

- Sure, but be quick about it.

- Okay... Friends, Soldiers, Mages, lend me your ears. Not literally, of course. Today, we stand here before the attack that will decide our very fates. We will defeat the forces of evil, heresy, and alien. We, the band of brothers [cough] and sisters, too. Our courage will not fail us. It might be our last day, but it will be - almost - first day for our world. We will not surrender without a fight! We will fight on the beaches... well, you know how this goes. They might take our lives, but they will not take our freedom!

Wait a moment... Come to think of it,

http://www.dailywhatever.net/wp-content/uploads/2008/02/peopledie.jpg

So maybe it is not such a great ide--

[0704 Hours - Zulu Time, Secret Spot Two kilometers Away]

- Preparations are finished. Permission to deep strike, m'lady.

- Okay, but make sure they (mostly) survive. I haven't finished toying with them yet.

- [sigh] All right, I'll target the boy only. He irritates me for some obscure yet known to anyone who read manga reason. So...

http://www.imageboo.com/files/82en7t9hntktrmrcurb8.jpg

- Eat Coherent Magic Light Barrage, suckers! Heh heh, bullseye.

Freshmeat [Shiro] was lynched, alas. This is becoming a sort-of tradition in Fate games, huh.

Night Three, 24 hours.

Due to some technical difficulties, please send actions to Irbis only today.

Fleeing Coward
2009-09-09, 08:09 PM
Looks like you got some explaining to do Aemoh.

Aemoh
2009-09-09, 08:17 PM
No, I'd say my contact does. In any case, I'll let the new Seer claimant and the masons decide what to do. Probably dead tonight, or lynched tomorrow cause of this.

*sigh*

Really, really sorry Freshmeat.

Trixie
2009-09-10, 03:52 AM
12 hours to go.

And when I say "to Irbis only today" I mean it, if any actions are lost thanks to this I'm not responsible. :smallsigh:

Fan
2009-09-10, 04:03 AM
No, I'd say my contact does. In any case, I'll let the new Seer claimant and the masons decide what to do. Probably dead tonight, or lynched tomorrow cause of this.

*sigh*

Really, really sorry Freshmeat.

Yeah, I'd hazard as much.

Jontom Xire
2009-09-10, 07:40 AM
Yeah, ok.

I'm the fool.

I scried Freshmeat as a servant. And I hope that scry was random, Trixie. I also scried Aemoh as a Mage, but we all know how much that scry is worth now, right?

Looks like I was wrong and apologies to Freshmeat, but it really did look like you were highly suspicious with your defence, Freshmeat.

So lynch me, kill me, I don't see how my death or life helps anyone at this stage. But I will confirm that it wasn't Aemoh who made up being a seer proxy. It was a genuine seer test day, so now the real seer at least knows that they are the real seer.

Having said that, none of this proves Aemoh as a genuine good guy either. If I were a wolf and got a fool saying he'd scried me as a good guy power role and thought he'd found a bad guy, would I proxy, I would jump at the chance.

Trixie
2009-09-10, 04:57 PM
Today's narration by

After planning phase everyone donned tactical vest stolen from army depots, arming themselves to the limits of Resistance's limited supply. Everyone if you don't count the group's mages, of course, as most military suits wouldn't fit them anyway. Not that they needed armor for protection, of course.

After long and boring scene of embarking stolen vehicles, riding through the city and disembarking near the Saber's fortress, the time finally came. Today, they would show the world the courage of common men. Well, not that common, but you know what I mean. Slowly, they approached the back door...

[one scene of senseless violence later]

The bodies of few guards lied lifelessly where they gunned and/or magicked down to death, no casualties among the attackers, mostly due to surprise.

Well, it is too easy... Good thing it is not a movie, as something terrible would now happen. Heh heh. Anyway, Gamma Squad, cover the doors, rest of you, follow me!

With all due respect sir, we will remain here, with your soldiers, as they alone won't stand a chance. We need to have a safe escape route, correct?

Two of the magi girls stepped forward.

Yes, yes, whatever. Go go go!

The few remaining soldiers eyed the girls, then spread in a textbook defense formation around the doors, taking cover. That would be enough against any normal enemy...

...but this one wasn't normal. The only hint of what is to come was a weak ray of golden light...

And a somewhat familiar figure that appeared in their midst.

http://www.imageboo.com/files/9gi6y93qbnujx3b7qwhs.jpg

Everyone... please meet my Bane Axiomatic Greatsword Ever Lasting +10!

[another scene of senseless violence, or 2 seconds, later]

The mythical blade shredded through kevlar vests like tissue paper, turning everyone present to another pile of lifeless corpses. Well, everyone, except...

Did you just called your sword... B.A.G.E.L.?

http://www.imageboo.com/files/st6pkv9rtvr2bdd5ao6g.jpg
[stab!]

No one calls my sword that and lives!

Saber looked around.

Well, that's how an Evil Overlord should guard a secret, back entrance to their base: with lethal force. Just as planned, by the way. Archer, do you copy? Meet me at second floor, this is starting to be... interesting.

Jontom Xire [Sakura/Tohsaka] was offed by Caster.
Aemoh [Bazett] was backstabbed by Saber.

Okay, we return to your scheduled narrations by Trixie.

And in the second corner of the city, someone mumbled:

- Won't return me to life, will they? No, they are too cheap for resurrection scroll! But I'll show them! I'll show them a mere citizen can topple Saber just by himself! That will destroy her public image for sure!

The mysterious figure quickly glued a poster to the wall, made a few terrified glances, then ran off. It was a very interesting poster:

http://i681.photobucket.com/albums/vv173/Tsofu/Wanted.png
Many thanks to Elder Tsofu for this excellent piece of work :smalltongue:

Day 4, 48 hours.

Lex-Kat
2009-09-10, 05:37 PM
Wow. :smalleek: Looks like the bad guys didn't like those two killing for them. Strange. :smallconfused:

What do you think, Zar Peter?

Aemoh
2009-09-10, 06:00 PM
Aww..

Also, don't think this counts as interference, but... Sakura/Tohsaka holds the key to Saber's power. Think it's obvious why Caster would want 'em dead.

As for me... meanies :smalltongue:

Helgraf
2009-09-10, 11:56 PM
Right now, I'm looking at Kyouhen and Zar Peter.

However, this is hunchwork - not backed by a scry or enough evidence to really press a claim. If someone has more to offer, offer it up, please.

banjo1985
2009-09-11, 03:37 AM
Wow. :smalleek: Looks like the bad guys didn't like those two killing for them. Strange. :smallconfused:

The reason seems obvious to me. There was a fools (Jontom) scry followed by the crowd after the support of a semi confirmed vilager (Aemoh). With Jontom then coming out as the cause of the Baner's death, that seemed to substantiate both their stories. That creates two power roles that at least some of the villagers may trust enough to contact and start a network. To me it makes sense for the bad guys to have killed them to stop the network from forming up.

I'm mildly suspicious of Lex, but as it is I'll go for Zar Peter too, and see what our lovely gnome astronomer can do to defend himself.

Zar Peter
2009-09-11, 05:44 AM
http://blogs.creativeloafing.com/dailyloaf/files/2008/12/d-fence1.jpg

So much for that :smallbiggrin:

Well, yesterday there was a semi-bandwagon against me just because I voted first I think and today it seems there is a bandwagon against me because there was a bandwagon against me yesterday.
Can't really defend myself against this logic, at least it's better to lynch a villager than accidentaly lynch the seer now.

Anyhow I try to save myself and point at Kyouhen since Aemoh had a hunch against him two days before and Helgraf now has, too.

Aemoh
2009-09-11, 05:55 AM
*cough* Kyouhen's dead *cough*

*goes back to being a ghost*

Zar Peter
2009-09-11, 06:25 AM
Damn.

I point at Helgraf for having a hunch against a dead body :smalltongue:

Jontom Xire
2009-09-11, 10:47 AM
Unfortunately I was away before I got to read and respond to any of the PMs I received, but thanks for the attention guys.

Maybe i shouldn't have come out, but a fool isn't much use anyway.

The Bookworm
2009-09-11, 03:53 PM
Zar Peter. Killer.

Fostire
2009-09-11, 04:15 PM
lex-kat cause the ZP bandwagon seems odd

Heroic
2009-09-11, 07:53 PM
Lex-kat for now

Irbis
2009-09-12, 04:25 AM
I hope there was only one problem with PMs I sent yesterday. Just checking :smallsigh:

Zar Peter
2009-09-12, 05:44 AM
Point at Lex-kat

Maybe I can save myself a second time :smalleek:

Vwulf DeMarcus
2009-09-12, 08:45 AM
Uhhh...
Zar Peter.

Supagoof
2009-09-12, 01:51 PM
Lex Kat or Zar Peter.

Don't really see the logic in either. :smallconfused:

So *flips coin* - Sorry Lex Kat. :smallfrown:

Irbis
2009-09-12, 04:33 PM
Day closed.

Irbis
2009-09-12, 04:50 PM
Saber looked at the entrance. It suited her - there was everything, red carpet and a honor guard. The fact that the carpet was made of blood, and all the "guards" were hacked into pieces didn't bothered her in the slightest.After all, what's a few casualties, especially on enemy side, when you're the best warrior on the entire world who loves to Hack™?

Well, they're trapped between us and heavily guarded throne room. Perfect. This will be a day long remembered, it will see the destruction of the Alliance, after all. Archer, take the left corridor, I'll take the right one, and we'll attack them from both sides. Go!

Both Servants disappeared into Saber's fortress. However...

[Two minutes later]

Caren, Caster and her bodyguard force carefully stepped over the corpses and looked at the gate. Caren nodded.

Well, they're trapped between us and the mages with their lackeys. Perfect. This will be a day long remembered, it will see Saber and her regime dead, after all. Caster, take the left corridor, I'll take the right one, and we'll attack them from both sides. Go!

They, too, entered the building.

Well, no one was (unfortunately) lynched. Isn't it sad? :smallfrown:

Night 4, please send your actions to me.

Trixie
2009-09-13, 12:18 PM
5 hours left. Only a few actions sent. Is this all?

Zar Peter
2009-09-13, 02:05 PM
Wait... what?

I'm not dead yet????

Trixie
2009-09-13, 02:07 PM
We'll see about that :smalltongue:

Irbis
2009-09-13, 06:11 PM
The Resistance Assault group come to a halt. Something wasn't right... but what? The group stood there for a few minutes, arguing.

Um, guys... I think you should--

Lone sentry posted at the back (out of habit, as nothing should come out of rear guard's protected doors) broke the discussion and pointed at something. At two figures standing in the hallway. Okay, at one figure as the other closed in unbelievably fast and slashed him. Only in the last instant the sword was deflected by a rifle.

Huh... wait a moment? I'm still--

At this moment Saber ducked instead of repeating attack - and for a good reason, too. A fireball flew just over her head. Guess what was in its patch?

Um... guys... I'm losing blood fast there... and the burns didn't helped either... Guys?

No one paid any attention to him and his heroic stand that kept no less than two Servants away from the main force. They were staring at Saber, who was staring at Caster. Who would make first move?

Heroic [Citizen] was doublestabbed by Saber & Caster.
Also, someone was voided, I think.

Hmmm, out of 5 kills possible during this day/night only one was successful. Are you dragging the game? :smallconfused:

Fan
2009-09-13, 06:32 PM
Zar peter.

Until I can get some actual info... Random point is random.

Helgraf
2009-09-14, 02:07 AM
Czar, you will not escape again, methinks.

Point to come later.

Guancyto
2009-09-14, 03:11 PM
Point at Helgraf because I think I might be in autolynch territory.

This is totally unfounded, so don't follow it unless you really want to.

Vwulf DeMarcus
2009-09-14, 06:47 PM
Wow.
Zar Peter, I guess.

Fleeing Coward
2009-09-14, 06:51 PM
Zar Peter I guess

Lex-Kat
2009-09-14, 08:36 PM
I'm thinking Zar Peter is:

Archer [Copycat] - Has... interesting issues. Abilities:
Trace [x3] - next day daybane or night bane or weak scry.
Independent Operations - cannot lose powers.
Loss: -

So it's likely it'll take two more times to lynch him. :smallyuk:

Fleeing Coward
2009-09-14, 08:40 PM
I'm thinking Zar Peter is:

So it's likely it'll take two more times to lynch him. :smallyuk:

Someone was voided though so I'm hoping Zar Peter dies today :smalltongue:

Fostire
2009-09-14, 09:59 PM
I agree with lex-kat
Zar Peter

banjo1985
2009-09-15, 08:41 AM
Fostire, for being above me!

Helgraf
2009-09-15, 10:05 AM
Banjo1985 for throwing away a point on that tired TPAM crap.

Zar Peter
2009-09-15, 11:05 AM
Helgraf for pointing at TPAM

Haha. No. Die Archer Zar Peter, you worthless piece of scumm (tm) I hope you were voided otherwise I wasted a point on you.

Supagoof
2009-09-15, 04:23 PM
Well I'll just agree with TPAM, and point at Zar Peter. :smalltongue:

banjo1985
2009-09-16, 03:40 AM
Did Zar Peter just admit to being Archer? :smalleek:

Lex-Kat
2009-09-16, 01:17 PM
That's what it looked like to me. :smallamused:

Fan
2009-09-16, 02:24 PM
Zar FOR THE RANDOM!

Trixie
2009-09-16, 03:35 PM
I think you voted for him once already.

Hmmm, what's that? Irbis didn't updated? Sigh.

Let me count votes and I'll be right back.

Zar Peter
2009-09-16, 03:38 PM
I think you voted for him once already.

Hmmm, what's that? Irbis didn't updated? Sigh.

Let me count votes and I'll be right back.

COUNT VOTES? Come on, bring it!

Trixie
2009-09-16, 04:36 PM
Hey, I'm impartial. I don't want no accusations of foul play later :smallbiggrin:

With that said...

The battleground inside Saber's fortress was - as was traditional - dimly lit by flickering orbs* of light. Saber stood back to back with Archer, facing both groups of opponents. She gazed upon the Resistance - heavily armed as they were, that group was of little concern. The second one, though...

Behind her stood a group of Inquisitors, dangerous even without their greatest asset - Caster. Not only a Servant in her own right, but someone who wielded magic on a scale unimaginable to a moder mage. Still, with Archer watching them, she should be able to dispose of the Resistance befo--

<Charm>.

The word, though unspoken, resonated in the minds of everyone present. A single word, yet far more potent and ominous than any modern magical incantation.

- Can you... deal with those poor, misguided souls for me?

Caster's voice was silent, yet most humans present shivered as if it was ice cold. Yet...

- You don't think someone standing just behind me with a bow facing the wrong way will be a threat to me, do you?

Saber's voice, on the other hand, would be best compared to a summer breeze, as if she could taste the coming battle.

- Well... I don't think so. <Teleport!> - Caster smiled under her hood. - I know.

A sudden crack of displaced air marked the spot where Archer now stood - some ten meters away, with a perfectly targeted bow.

Another crack, this time magical in nature, split second later resounded as he fired the arrow at Saber's back.

To soldiers of the Resistance, the whole scene seemed unreal. Real magic, as if straight from the Hollywood movie played just before their eyes. First, that teleport spell...

Second, an impossibly fast flash, as golden sword sent the deadly missile to the side, rent in twain; the only result being a small nick in the edge of the armor;

http://www.imageboo.com/files/dtoiiaktzvpmuw0uwjsl.jpg

And third, as equally impossibly fast jump took Saber past Archer.

- An Epic Hero is someone who bears the burden of every human being in his sight... - Saber slowly stood. - What claim to that title I'd have if I couldn't deal with a mere magical treachery?

The golden sword drew a brilliant arc through air.

- I hope that wasn't the extent of your plan, Caster! - Saber smiled - Bring whatever forces you want to bear; it shall not matter. I will win!

Well, that's it for Zar Peter, sorry. His role should be obvious now, anyway :smalltongue:
*Actually, the "dimly lit" part should be blamed on recent European Union ban of strong light bulbs - not even Servants can escape a determined bureaucrat, it would seem;

Night 6, 24 hours. Send actions to me, and to Irbis (though he isn't responding to GG).

Lex-Kat
2009-09-16, 05:46 PM
:eek: We got him? I was sure he would protect himself again. :smallconfused:

Maybe he ran out previously.

Now to find Saber and Caster. :smallannoyed:

Irbis
2009-09-17, 05:53 AM
Hmmm, what's that? Irbis didn't updated?

Um, about that... heh heh heh...

Sorry, my mood was ruined by my death in Assassins (and the fact how quickly your "allies" forget about you) so I had to take a break to not say something I'd regret later :smallsigh:

Trixie
2009-09-17, 12:06 PM
Less than ~6 hours left :smalltongue:

Trixie
2009-09-17, 06:25 PM
Hey, Caren?

One of the Inquisitors ceased watching Saber and Caster preparing to do battle, sparks of magical energy flying between them.

Yes, what is it?

What is violet, has white hair, stupid shirt and blood all over?

I have no idea. What?

Caren finally noticed a gun pointed at her chest.

You, of course!

Seriously? Do you have any idea how many spells were vowen into my vest? You think a puny gun can even touch me?

Actually...

http://www.imageboo.com/files/ya8g2quk6nm2lgzl57to.jpg

The roar wasn't that of a normal pistol; it resembled sound made by 12.7 mm antitank rifle, deafening everyone present, and - a split second later - blowing a hole through Kevlar vest of resistance soldier standing fifty meters away. The bullet didn't even noticed passing through both armors and bodies.

Yeah, I do. Heh heh, blood all over. I crack myself up.

You see, Alchemists of Atlas - my ancestors - were experts when it came to making magical weapons and artifacts. Making an enchanted gun from modern weapon and magic was easy enough to me. Yada yada yada, let's skip the boring parts of exposition that are written in the manga for anyone curious and just say I had many reasons to kill you. Capisci?

Sion Eltnam Atlasia looked at both Servants and the group of soldiers that looked at her as if she suddenly begun spitting fire.

What, aren't you supposed to fight or something? I'm kind of busy, carry on! Schnell!

Night Surgeon [Caren] was killed by Sion.
Fleeing Coward [Citizen] was killed by Saber & Caster. I think someone is doing this to me on purpose :smallsigh:

Day 6, 48 hours.

Lex-Kat
2009-09-17, 06:43 PM
Well, it's obvious by now, Caster and Saber are not working together. So we have two players, working almost toward the same goal, but doing it seperatly, and thinking alike. So they are teaming up on the same person.

It's almost funny, wouldn't you say.... Helgraf?

Helgraf
2009-09-18, 06:38 AM
I'd say you're jumping at shadows. I stand by my point at banjo1985.

banjo1985
2009-09-18, 07:16 AM
It's either a string of lucky coincidences, or the bad guys are two people that think alike. Supagoof and Helgraf spring to mind, but that's tempered somewhat by the fact I think if they were the two remaining evils they'd be working together by now. The Bookworm's on my radar for his rare posting every other day, though Night Surgeon did the same and turned out not to be evil, so that's not fullproof either.

I'm going for Supagoof over the other two, purely because he voted for Freshmeat (The Baner) Day 3, and Helgraf didn't.

Fostire
2009-09-18, 09:37 AM
Well, it's obvious by now, Caster and Saber are not working together.

... if they were the two remaining evils they'd be working together by now.

Ok, I'm confused. Could someone explain to me why would caster and saber be working together? part of their goal is to kill each other, so revealing to the other team who you are seems like a bad idea. The only reason I can think of for why they would team up is to kill the baner, and even that is a pretty weak reason.

The Bookworm
2009-09-18, 07:29 PM
I vote for Fostire.

Vwulf DeMarcus
2009-09-18, 07:35 PM
Supagoof. No clue.

banjo1985
2009-09-19, 05:56 AM
I fear I may have chosen poorly. Just call it a hunch. Helgraf.

Helgraf
2009-09-19, 09:05 AM
The only reason you've chosen poorly is because you're evil and trying to hide, banjo.

Trixie
2009-09-19, 01:53 PM
So... it has been 44 hours since the last update, right? :smallconfused:

Sorry, I was kind of busy and the forum clock is strange.

Supagoof
2009-09-20, 02:52 AM
Shadowhisper because he pointed at me.

Helgraf
2009-09-20, 03:52 AM
Umm, people, Banjo scried as evil. I'd like one of the masons to back me up on this, and need some vote change quick soon like.

The Bookworm
2009-09-20, 07:21 AM
Banjo1985!

Vwulf DeMarcus
2009-09-20, 09:10 AM
Yay, evidence!
Banjo1985

banjo1985
2009-09-20, 09:42 AM
Wow, so the person up for autolynch says I'm evil to save themselves? That shouldn't be surprising. The masons should know that I'm not evil, I think Halgraf doth protest too much.

Irbis
2009-09-20, 10:03 AM
I was supposed to update, but...

Ah, what the hell. I'm already late 8 hours, so I can give you 8 hours more to discuss this, as I think that was the amount Trixie gave to Freshmeat.

Irbis
2009-09-20, 06:46 PM
So, no activity? A pity. Well, then:

---

All three groups watched in disbelief as Caren's body slowly slid to the ground. Everyone stood in stunned silence.

Um, what we were supposed to be doing before you interrupted us?

Sion pointed at the Resistance soldiers.

I believe you were about to kill each other.

Ach, yes. So, let me...

Saber raised her sword, and...

No one was lynched. 24 hours, night.

Helgraf
2009-09-20, 10:31 PM
((Umm, Banjo had 3 votes to my 2 out of 8 players. How many more votes are needed for a lynch when no 25% minimum rule is required?))

Lex-Kat
2009-09-20, 10:52 PM
Likely this is the cause:

Saber [Alpha] - Victor of the previous War. Abilities:
Avalon [auto, x1] - anyone protected by Avalon can ignore one kill action, no matter what the source.

Helgraf
2009-09-21, 01:22 AM
Likely this is the cause:

Saber [Alpha] - Victor of the previous War. Abilities:

Well, then you know who to kill again tomorrow.

banjo1985
2009-09-21, 07:26 AM
Wow...I forgot I could do that. :smalltongue:

Trixie
2009-09-21, 06:20 PM
For a moment, the battlefield stood still. Then, as if Sion's words broke some invisible enchantment, people begin to move again. First to act was Caster - at seemingly insignificant flick of the wrist a dozen fireballs flew at Saber.

But her opponent's skills weren't just for show - all of the deadly missiles flew wildly, deflected, dodged or parried, striking all sorts of targets behind Saber.

Unfortunately (for Resistance, that is) that targets included them - and the remaining mages in the group were barely able to protect themselves this time. All normal people died in spasms of arcane energies that rent the very walls asunder.

That (sadly) includes Bookworm and Shadowhisper, citizens killed today by both teams.

You won't defeat me with magical tricks, Caster. Servant or not, you're a mere magus; No sorcery will ever breach my guard!

Saber lowered her sword, as if redying herself for final assault.

That is correct - I'm a Mage. - Caster smiled. - However, that doesn't mean I'm limited to magic. See?

Caster produced a strangely twisted dagger from her robes.

Saber smiled as well.

If you intend to defeat Saber-class spirit with a melee weapon, no- have you lost your mind, Caster? I'd love to see you try!

Well...

http://www.imageboo.com/files/1oreeuvh8a0iqcu9jp73.jpg

<Teleport!>

What... the...

Oh, I'm not just a Mage - I'm artificer from the Age of the Gods. Making a magical weapon capable of neutralizing your defenses was a child's play to me, potent as they were. Sadly, magic used in middle ages was... primitive, to say the least.

Saber slowly slid her hand over the breastplate.

So? Even without magical protection, I'm still more than capable to dodge anything you can throw at me... and this here, is just a small scratch. Is this all?

No.

Caster outstretched her arms, and uttered a single word in a long forgotten language: αντίο. A barrier, solid, translucent violet wall instantly rose from the ground between two Servants.

True, you can dodge my spells... But these moder weapons these fools carried here seem to be much faster, don't you agree?

Caster smiled, a cold, vicious grin prophecy her victory. Saber slowly turned around...

Only to look into the barred of assault rifle raised by one of the mages.

Checkmate.

Huh. I guess you know nothing about honor of the knight then, Magus. Of the King. Yes, it looks I might not survive this battle... - Saber raised her sword. - But that doesn't mean I'll give you this triumph! Excalibur!

http://www.imageboo.com/files/8lc4ljtu8ipiffjj3fih.jpg

Detonation from that final attack - if someone were there to observe it in all its glory - bounced from the barriers raised by the Mages, tore through the wall of the fortress and - for a brief moment - illuminated the entire city with its radiant glow.

Will the remaining Mages survive this?

What about Caster?

Or the Inquisition? I don't believe no one made that 'expecting' joke yet'.

Will the magical barriers erected by them hold?

Well, tune in 48 hours, when the (maybe final) vox populi will choose the victim (and the victor) :smallbiggrin:

And in the meantime - Banjo1985/Saber decided to suicide himself with Excalibur.

Wow. I certainly wasn't expecting this.

Guancyto
2009-09-21, 06:36 PM
:smalleek:

AWESOME.

Also, I can hardly believe it, but I think we're going to win. Double awesome!

banjo1985
2009-09-22, 07:23 AM
Saber leaves the game on his own terms. :smallamused:

If there's one team I don't want to win it's Caster, so I may as well save you citizens a days lynching. :smalltongue: Thanks Trixie and Irbis for a good role and the most fun I've had in a WW since Memesville!

Lex-Kat
2009-09-22, 08:08 AM
Well, I guess I'll start things off and point at Helgraf again.

Fostire
2009-09-22, 10:26 AM
According to the first post there are five players left:
Geesi
Helgraf
LexKat
Fostire
Supagoof

And at least four power roles:
Caster
Sion
Ilia
Tohsaka/Sakura

And I bet that the fifth person is a mason rather than a citizen.

So hopefully we'll be winning this thing today.

I'm suspicious of Geesi.

Supagoof
2009-09-22, 12:09 PM
You're right, that 5th person is a mason. Quit pointing at them. :smallwink:

Points at Helgraf.

Sorry mate. It's game over time.

Fostire
2009-09-22, 12:37 PM
Then Helgraf it is I guess

Guancyto
2009-09-22, 12:37 PM
He most certainly is.

Oh, are we betraying Team Good? I can't say I like that very much. :smallconfused:

Edit: Heh, I guess not. Good times.

Helgraf
2009-09-22, 12:49 PM
No, Helgraf is the Seer and Geesi and Supagoof are Masons.

Helgraf
2009-09-22, 12:51 PM
So It's either Lex-kat or Fostire.

Sadly, I didn't get my scry in on time, so I can't say which one it is. However, Fostire hopping on the wagon so quick is suspicious to me.

Therefore, Fostire

Guancyto
2009-09-22, 01:01 PM
Now that's interesting.

I had figured you'd point at Lex-Kat, seeing as how she led the charge on the Zar Peter wagon and had a habit of seeming to know things.

That would leave Fostire as Illya, who the narration implied might possibly have a kill ability and thus would be the only member of Team Good capable of stopping Caster if today is a mislynch.

Am I wrong?

Edit: And it looks like you did post during last night phase and had also expressed your intention to scry Lex-Kat to us. Sorry, Helgraf.

Helgraf
2009-09-22, 02:48 PM
Okay, lynch your seer. Good luck getting the last two kills you need before Caster murders you.

I wash my hands of this.

Fostire
2009-09-22, 03:53 PM
Geesi is correct as to my role, and I have a couple of one-time use abilities left which I'm not going to divulge.

That leaves Lex-kat and helgraf as Caster and Tohsaka and no way of knowing who's who.

In the meantime I'm changing my point to Lex-kat.

Irbis
2009-09-22, 03:56 PM
Illya, who the narration implied might possibly have a kill ability and thus would be the only member of Team Good capable of stopping Caster if today is a mislynch.

Out of curiosity, where in the narration? :smallconfused:

Mind you, I'm not saying what abilities Illia have or not have here :smalltongue:

Okay, lynch your seer. Good luck getting the last two kills you need before Caster murders you.

What last two kills? :smallconfused:

If you refer to Avalon, only Saber (and daybaned Archer) had that.

Guancyto
2009-09-22, 04:03 PM
It was "of five kills possible, only one person died" :smalltongue:

Lynch
Wolf Team A
Wolf Team B
Sion
????

That left either Caren or Ilia.

Fostire, if you have either a void or a night kill remaining, the good guys win regardless of which of the two is Caster or Tohsaka.

Fostire
2009-09-22, 04:10 PM
It was "of five kills possible, only one person died" :smalltongue:

Lynch
Wolf Team A
Wolf Team B
Sion
????

That left either Caren or Ilia.

Fostire, if you have either a void or a night kill remaining, the good guys win regardless of which of the two is Caster or Tohsaka.
We win even if I don't.

There are 4 non evil + 1 evil left. 5 players left.
Lynch the wrong guy = 3 non evil +1 evil left. 4 players left.
Night kill = 2 non evil +1 (now confirmed) evil left. 3 players left.

So even if we get the wrong guy today, there will still be two people left tomorrow to lynch the other person.

Guancyto
2009-09-22, 04:15 PM
Well sure.

There's a decent chance they'll both be neutrals, though. I wouldn't trust those tricksy people who can win alongside both sides. :smallbiggrin:

Supagoof
2009-09-22, 04:21 PM
You want the break out?

Helgraf - Toshaka
Goof - Sion
Geesi - Mason
Lex-Kat - Caster
Fostire - Illia

You guys weren't the only ones who could scry you know.

As for me, A - I'm a traitor. B - Masons are neutral. So what incentive do I have to make the good guys win? :smallamused:

I mean - we can play this out any which way.

Like Geesi and I lynch Fostire. This means 1 evil, 1 good, and 2 neutrals. Then one of us gets offed tonight and game over tomorrow when we lynch the last evil.

Or Helgraf joins sides with Lex and Fostire, and kills a Mason. Then he'll probably die tonight, and game over as Lex and Fostire lynch whomever's left.

OR the masons kill Helgraf, which leaves Fostire and Lex-Kat, Fostire kills lex-kat if indeed Illia has that ability, and game over.

Or we can lynch Lex-Kat, and team Evil is dead, but there's no fun in that. :smallbiggrin: Except game ends.

So there it is in plain english. Sorry for the edit. I was confused as to whether Illia is team Good or Evil.

So Geesi - who do you want to win?

Guancyto
2009-09-22, 04:37 PM
So I was right after all? :smallconfused: Well paint me pink and call me a flamingo. And you're leaving things up to me? Well, as you've said, we win in every case unless everybody teams up on us.

On the one hand, without Banjo and LexKat we'd never be in the position we are now. We probably would've survived but lost badly. Heck, Lex knew who I was ages ago but never acted on it. And although both of those were probably for self-preservation, I do feel some small gratitude for it. It's also pretty dramatic for cute little Ilia to blow Caster away and die in the process, which is probably what would've happened tonight.

On the other hand...

Hey, Lex-Kat! Remember that time when you killed Kyouhen? Supagoof may not care since he's got a bodycount of his own, but...

That was terrible. Why would you do that?

Trixie
2009-09-22, 04:44 PM
Huh. Looks like I'll have to ponder extra hard over both mason victory conditions tomorrow, regardless of who is lynched today.

Especially what side the remaining power roles count as :smalltongue:

Lex-Kat
2009-09-22, 06:55 PM
So I was right after all? :smallconfused: Well paint me pink and call me a flamingo. And you're leaving things up to me? Well, as you've said, we win in every case unless everybody teams up on us.

On the one hand, without Banjo and LexKat we'd never be in the position we are now. We probably would've survived but lost badly. Heck, Lex knew who I was ages ago but never acted on it. And although both of those were probably for self-preservation, I do feel some small gratitude for it. It's also pretty dramatic for cute little Ilia to blow Caster away and die in the process, which is probably what would've happened tonight.

On the other hand...

Hey, Lex-Kat! Remember that time when you killed Kyouhen? Supagoof may not care since he's got a bodycount of his own, but...

That was terrible. Why would you do that?
:smallfrown: But... I didn't kill Kyouhen. Assassin did.

And come on. I worked really hard not to get killed. Always worrying with every night kill that Helgraf would die.

Because, as you can see from the Role:

Caster [Devil] - Most powerful mage of her era. Abilities:
Farseeing - perfect scry.
Command [x1] - Once per game targeted person has to execute one short action next day or night. No metagaming, though.
Loss: Caster's choice.
In order to lose my powers, I got to choose which two people needed to die in order to lose them.

I chose whoever was playing the Seer and Aemoh.

Aemoh usually lives for quite awhile becuase he doesn't attract a lot of attention.

And I had no idea who the Seer was.

As to knowing who you were, I wasn't really sure until yesterday. When you first contacted me, you said you really wanted to get in contact with the Masons and start a netwrok. Not that you was a Mason.

But it's up to you. Either way, I really enjoyed the game.

And thanks for your support Supagoof. :smallsmile:

Guancyto
2009-09-22, 07:09 PM
It really isn't up to me, you know. :smalltongue: If Fostire's abilities are one-shots instead of variable, well... if I were a betting man, I wouldn't favor your odds for survival tonight even if you aren't lynched.

You played a fantastic game, though; to be totally honest I wasn't sure about you until this post. I was actually typing up a PM to you regarding Night Surgeon and my speculation about his role... and then before I had finished it he had died. I wonder how differently the game would've gone if the update had come ten minutes later? (I hadn't told you? Weird, that must've been in the PM that never got sent.)

Supagoof did great too. Took a pair of almost impossible win conditions, combined it with exactly two abilities (scry and one-shot kill) and managed to come out ahead. Looking at the wolf actions, I have the suspicion that I could analyze this game for a month and still never get to the bottom of exactly what was his doing.

My hat is off to you both.

Helgraf
2009-09-23, 01:25 AM
Well, I want Caster dead, so if I didn't miss day end in all the speculation..
Lex-kat

Elder Tsofu
2009-09-25, 05:00 PM
Du-dun.
Just wondering if the end is nigh. :smalltongue:
(curious about how it will end)

Trixie
2009-09-25, 05:50 PM
2 out of 3 :belkar:

That, and my internets died. And I had to write one for Lex. And... anyway. :smalltongue:

Elder Tsofu
2009-09-26, 02:47 AM
Bah, I think that you just enjoy having people hanging on your words. :smalltongue:
Good luck with the internet, ain't fun when it happens.

Lex-Kat
2009-09-27, 05:26 PM
Can we get an ending narration sometime, please. :smallsmile:

I wanna know how they kill me. :smalltongue:

Supagoof
2009-09-28, 12:13 PM
Yeah, it's not like Geesi will switch points again and make it so Lex-Kat survives and Helgraf dies.

or will he? (Bum bah baaaah!)

Though if you do Geesi, and one of the remaining 2 kills the other during the night, then we can lynch the remaining person and make it a true Neutral victory!

Er...ah...I mean nevermind. I wouldn't stab my fellow living friends of masons in the back like that. JK - I totally would.

Guancyto
2009-09-28, 12:21 PM
I was tempted!

Only problem with that is that the villager win doesn't include survival, so they can win with us even if they're all dead. :smallamused:

Trixie
2009-09-28, 12:25 PM
Nah, that would work only if all players except Helgraf changed their votes.

The main issue I have now is that I can't choose between my own idea for final narration, and what Irbis proposed (which I liked) - and since Fate 3 will have a different cast I cannot reuse it. Basically, if the end should be action-style or epic styled one.

Oh, and Illia/Tohsaka's scenes will go to waste, as well. Sigh. Decisions, decisions.

Supagoof
2009-09-28, 12:27 PM
Nah, that would work only if all players except Helgraf changed their votes.

The main issue I have now is that I can't choose between my own idea for final narration, and what Irbis proposed (which I liked) - and since Fate 3 will have a different cast I cannot reuse it. Basically, if the end should be action-style or epic styled one.

Oh, and Illia/Tohsaka's scenes will go to waste, as well. Sigh. Decisions, decisions.Wait. We can help!

I point at whomever makes the end narration easier for Trixie.

Geesi - do the same!

Trixie
2009-09-28, 12:33 PM
Um, I said 'all players' because remaining powers of Illia make the rest of the actions pretty much insignificant at this point. If you changed earlier, Lex could possibly survive by draw breaker, now, she had reached the most votes first and will be lynched even if all masons help her. So, unless Illia votes differently there will be no change, she has no reasons to (I think) and I wouldn't feel right changing the outcome after such delay.

Still, Team Good once profited from delay made by Irbis. Decisions...

Nah, I think I'll throw the dice in the end :smalltongue:

Fostire
2009-09-28, 02:31 PM
I'm not changing my vote, so, unless helgraf changes his, lex kat is dead no matter who the masons choose to vote for

Guancyto
2009-09-28, 02:45 PM
Told you it wasn't my call, Lexkat. :smalltongue:

Of course, I had no way of knowing about the double/triple point. No way at all.

Lex-Kat
2009-09-28, 06:15 PM
So my downfall was in not killing Fostire the night before. :smallamused:

I switched you and Fleeing Coward at the last moment, choosing to scry you instead. :smalltongue: Silly me.

Trixie
2009-09-28, 06:30 PM
I still wonder why both teams had to scry/kill the same people for three nights, and why you never used any special abilities (except for Zar).

To be fair, seer had unspectacular record, as well :smalltongue:

happyturtle
2009-09-28, 06:37 PM
I hope we don't have to wait as long for an ending as we did for UK3. :smalltongue:

Trixie
2009-09-28, 06:39 PM
Now I'm tempted to beat that :smallamused:

Wait, what are you doing here, you treacherous non-player? :smalltongue:

happyturtle
2009-09-28, 06:43 PM
You got a loooong way to go to beat that record.

And I'm munching on popcorn, of course. *munches popcorn*

Lex-Kat
2009-09-28, 06:46 PM
Us killing the same people, for three frickin' nights, was horrible horrible luck. Especially since Banjo then decided to kill himself apparently. :smallannoyed:

Leaving me to fend for myself. That little betrayal will not be forgotten Banjo. :smallamused:

As for why I never used the Command Ability:

I like scrying better, and until today, I never figured I'd need it.

Trixie
2009-09-28, 06:47 PM
Well, I can try :smallamused:

[Throws Gáe Bolg into Happy's face for not participating]

Guancyto
2009-09-28, 07:01 PM
Us killing the same people, for three frickin' nights, was horrible horrible luck.

It really was. You guys were very coordinated about taking out the Survivor and the Fool in one night, though it is kind of funny now that we know the reason for it.

And not to beat on a dead horse or anything, but Kyouhen would've been a very easy way for you to coordinate your kills without revealing your identities. To each other, at least.

happyturtle
2009-09-28, 07:38 PM
*is saved from Gáe Bolg by ignorance shield*

And there's a definite upper limit to how many games I can play at one time before it gets confusing.

Lex-Kat
2009-09-28, 07:56 PM
Um, how would that have worked exactly?

I can scry Kyouhen, but Banjo couldn't. I didn't know Kyouhen was a Inquisitor when we killed him. He was a target.

And why exactly are you so hung up on us killing Kyouhen? :confused:

Guancyto
2009-09-28, 08:07 PM
It just seemed odd is all. And it made our lives much harder. And I am fueled by petty revenge. :smalltongue: And I didn't think I had beaten that horse quite enough.

Also, Archer got limited-use scries. I'm not totally sure what 'weak scry' meant, but Zar probably knew whether it was a good/evil/neutral or a fool scry. Plus with no interference, it was an excellent opportunity. Not perfect, of course, but better than wasting a ton of kills. Well, maybe. It would rely on trusting a neutral, so maybe not such a good idea after all. :smallamused: Ah well, water under the bridge.

Edit: Oh! And I think it is or is going to be a Fate tradition (like lynching Shirou). Wolves kill neutral, neutrals go 'wtf mate why didn't you play directly into my hands.'

Lex-Kat
2009-09-30, 04:29 PM
Where's my narration? :smallfrown:

happyturtle
2009-09-30, 04:33 PM
I didn't think Trixie was really going to try and beat Festy's record. But if she does, we'll do like we did Festy and threaten to lynch her every game so she has time to write the ending. :smallamused:

Trixie
2009-09-30, 04:37 PM
You mean in both games I'm currently in? :smallamused:

Oh, wait, I'm for all purposes dead in both, able to defend myself in neither.

So you'll have to devise something scarier, honey :smallbiggrin:

Lex-Kat
2009-09-30, 04:43 PM
Um... um......... I'll not let you be my co-narrator for the next Assassins? :eek:

Trixie
2009-09-30, 04:46 PM
Brrrrr.

That's nice, but you'll need to break larger guns than these :smallsmile:

happyturtle
2009-09-30, 04:54 PM
You mean in both games I'm currently in? :smallamused:

Oh, wait, I'm for all purposes dead in both, able to defend myself in neither.

So you'll have to devise something scarier, honey :smallbiggrin:

And you're not planning on signing up for any more games in the next three or four months it would take you to break the record?

Guancyto
2009-09-30, 04:57 PM
How about "I will strongly consider pointing at LexKat instead of you in Fears" if you post the ending? :smalltongue:

I would have to refer to you as Commandant Klink in that game after that, but it's a small price to pay, right?

Lex-Kat
2009-09-30, 05:00 PM
*Rolls eyes*

How about, you do it because we are friends? Please? *puppy dog eyes*

Trixie
2009-09-30, 05:43 PM
And you're not planning on signing up for any more games in the next three or four months it would take you to break the record?

How much we are talking here, exactly? :smallconfused:

Huh, I should really put more effort into work, instead.

I would have to refer to you as Commandant Klink in that game after that, but it's a small price to pay, right?

Who? :smallconfused:

Neverheardofhim.

Guancyto
2009-09-30, 05:51 PM
Who? :smallconfused:

Neverheardofhim.

This guy (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hogan's_Heroes#Colonel_Klink)!

I loved him so. The idea being keeping you alive as a wolf so you can give away all your partners in crime.

Yes, this is a joke.

Trixie
2009-09-30, 06:04 PM
Why, this is an insult, sir!

When it comes to cartoony villains, I'd never touch any role below General Erich Von Klinkerhoffen! :smallmad:

Also, I'd comment that quip about me being wolf, but since I don't want to be hit with ban-stick for breaking rules I'll show you a :smalltongue:

happyturtle
2009-09-30, 06:05 PM
Ultimate Kaos 3 ended April 1, and the ending narration was posted August 22.

Guancyto
2009-09-30, 06:08 PM
Really? I always saw you as more of a Monsieur Dastardly if we're going cartoony. :smalltongue:

And yeah, sorry. Skirting that a little myself. :smalleek:

Edit: Or maybe a Rastopoulis. A reporter whose only ability is godlike luck makes for a good nemesis, right?

Freshmeat
2009-09-30, 06:26 PM
As far as waiting on narrations is concerned, I actually think Shadowcaller has everyone beat with Stories of Kyou (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84421&page=7). :smallbiggrin: