PDA

View Full Version : It never ends (3.5)

Emperor Ing
2009-09-01, 05:47 AM
The group finds themselves amongst the recently abandoned ruins of what can best be described as a ghost town amongst the fertile prarie. Nobody is sure how they got there, but you are here, and so are 5 others.

Currently, you seem to be on the main street, now starting to show signs of being taken back by the prarie.

Etcetera
2009-09-01, 06:15 AM
"Hmmmm. Where are we, and why are we?"
Knowledge Geography Check +9 Mod (Do you roll or do I?)

Emperor Ing
2009-09-01, 06:26 AM
you roll.
[roll]1d20+9[/ro11]

Etcetera
2009-09-01, 06:29 AM
Very well:
[roll0]
"I wonder if anyone's left here?"

Emperor Ing
2009-09-01, 06:34 AM
You know that praries are homes to diverse species of hervivores and predators, most of which are not that big. And water, while not rare, is uncommon.

loopy
2009-09-01, 07:15 AM
"The road stretches ever onward..." Alan sighs, smiling slightly. "Now, if you don't mind me asking, who exactly are you people? Alan Zephyr, ministrel and man of fortune, at your service."

You see before you a tall, slender male clad in travelling clothes of browns and blues. His unkempt silver grey hair and the sheen of his eyes marks him as having some sort of celestial in his ancestry.

((OOC: What time of day is it?))

Etcetera
2009-09-01, 07:35 AM
"I am Tethellin. I journeyed forth from my home in the mountains to find out more about other races and lands. I am a mage of some skill."

Emperor Ing
2009-09-01, 07:58 AM
(Its almost noon. The weather is partly sunny with some scattered clouds.)

loopy
2009-09-01, 08:36 AM
Alan starts to poke around the town while the others introduce themselves.

Search: [roll0]

Demons_eye
2009-09-01, 10:59 AM
"Janus Colt, best damn fighter in these parts. But that's not saying much when no one his here." The stranger says. Most of his body is hidden behind his travelers cloak and what you can see of his face is a few scars on tan skin. He extends his also scared hand to any one that will shake it. "I would suggest sticking together until we find out whats happened here. That is unless you want to find the same end as the people here?"

Etcetera
2009-09-01, 11:03 AM
"I wonder who lived here originally. We ought to check out the buildings"
Tethellin gestures to the ruins around him.

Emperor Ing
2009-09-01, 02:33 PM
There are several wooden buildings still intact with sort of an old western ghost town motif to it.

Etcetera
2009-09-01, 03:08 PM
Tethellin looks around the buildings, trying to find an indicator of what they once were.
Spot[roll0]

Emperor Ing
2009-09-01, 03:46 PM
You have a hard time telling what's up with them, but you see one building adjacent to you labeled "Cascading Tavern."

MagicianMan5
2009-09-01, 04:40 PM
"And I go by Kyle Morgan, a sorcerer of some skill. I think Alan over there already got a head start on searching the town. I think it would be wise to do the same."

(OOC: search [roll0] i hope i find something!)

Emperor Ing
2009-09-01, 04:44 PM
There is nothing of interest on the street, unless you think that some loose ruined pieces of wood are interesting.

MagicianMan5
2009-09-01, 04:53 PM
"There doesnt seem to be any clues as to why we ended up here out on the street, so I suggest we search the building for anything useful. Maybe we can find someone who can tell us why were here."

(OOC: do i need a skill to convince the party members to do something? or do they just have to agree?)

Demons_eye
2009-09-01, 05:17 PM
"Maybe this Cascading Tavern has an answer to our question?" Janus offers to the others. "Looking around here seems to be quite a waist. I mean its all just ruins, If you want I'll take a quick look and be back to see if its ok to move on." and with that the barbarian moves towards the tavern.

MagicianMan5
2009-09-01, 05:27 PM
"I agree with Janus. It's the only building here still remotly intact* and we arent going to find any answers waiting out here." and with these words, Kyle followed after Janus to the Tavern**.

(OOC: *right?
**All great adventures DO start in a tavern!)

ednarimal
2009-09-01, 08:18 PM
A person of barely notable appearance wanders into the tavern."I apologize for failing to introduce myself earlier, but I was meditating when whatever has called us here took place. I am Vex Erarr, a...a thinker, and I am happy to see I am not alone in this place."

MagicianMan5
2009-09-02, 01:32 AM
"I apologize if i come off rude, but are you an Elan?" Kyle asked Vex, trying to remember if those races automaticly meant they are psions.

Etcetera
2009-09-02, 02:45 AM
"Yes, let us enter. Why the Cascading Tavern though? I'd of though most cascades were of the aqueous variety. Maybe there was a river her once."

Tethellin follows the others into the building.

ednarimal
2009-09-02, 06:08 AM
"I am, recently made though, so I do not know how much I am allowed to reveal to outsiders."

MagicianMan5
2009-09-02, 06:45 AM
"Outsiders?" Kyle says incredeously, "Listen, Vex, whatever did call us here, it obviously meant for us to work together. Which means that we cant keep secrets from each other. Now come on, we really need to find some clues as to why were here. You dont have to tell us anything now, but we cant keep secrets." and with that, Kyle marches off to explore the inside of the tavern.

(OOC: Search [roll0] i hope i can search again. if not, ignore this roll.)

Emperor Ing
2009-09-02, 06:53 AM
No you can't search again.

But the inside of the tavern is a dark, wooden abandoned western-style saloon with chairs and tables neatly in place and intact as if waiting for the next day of town drunks and moderate customers that will never come.

loopy
2009-09-02, 06:56 AM
Alan enters the tavern, and immediately looks around for the bar. "Think they have any good drinks left here?"

Etcetera
2009-09-02, 06:57 AM
"I'd probably keep facts like that secret until I know someone. Witch hunts can be terrible things"
Edit: Ninja'd

Emperor Ing
2009-09-02, 07:34 AM
you'll find the bar rather easily, but you're not sure if there's any drinks there.

ednarimal
2009-09-02, 08:03 AM
Vex turns to Kyle and says, in an irritated tone,"My secrets are my own, and those of my brethren, and have nothing to do with why we are here, and to say that we were meant to work together is a notion that has no evidence as of yet, although fighting amongst ourselves is probably not our best option. Let us concentrate on the task at hand. Perhaps one of us should stay outside, keeping watch for danger and searching the immediate area, I volunteer myself for the task." Vex turns and leaves the tavern, looking around as he does.

Etcetera
2009-09-02, 08:15 AM
"Well, that was only to be expected. I'd prefer to stay outside anyway, if you want me just call."

MagicianMan5
2009-09-02, 08:20 AM
Kyle walked off after Vex and tried to reason with him,"OK, fine, keep your secrets, but let me talk about my logic in saying that we are supposed to work together. Normally, when your teleported to a strange place without know how you got here, either someone really wants to talk to you all, or someone wants you out of the way of something they know you will get in the way of later. And since i dont see anyone here, I would assume its the latter. In which case, we need to stay a team, otherwise, whoever decided to teleport us here will come after us, one at a time, and finish us off. We at least need to stay in a group and we dont have to like each other, we just have to tolerate each other, otherwise no one here will get a happy ending."

Edit: i was ninja'd

ednarimal
2009-09-02, 08:40 AM
"I apologize for my outburst, but I am completely willing to work with you, although we may have differing views. I believe that anything strong enough to pull us here could easily best us in combat were it to decide to start immediately, and there would be little point to killing us so soon after bringing us here anyways. I believe we are safe from whatever brought us here for at least a little while, although that may not be the same thing that took this town from it's inhabitants, or the other way around, so I would still like to remain cautious. Call loudly if you are in need of assistance though."

Spot check to see another standing building nearby, or living things approaching:
[roll0]

Emperor Ing
2009-09-02, 08:44 AM
you see buildings everywhere. Nothing living approaching. :smallsigh:

((And Magic, wouldya mind using color text for character dialog?))

ednarimal
2009-09-02, 09:02 AM
(OOC:Does the tavern have 2 or more floors? If so, are there any buildings taller than the tavern(unless most of them are, then nevermind)?)

Vex attempts to climb on top of the Tavern to get a better vantage point.

Climb check:[roll0]

MagicianMan5
2009-09-02, 09:12 AM
(OOC: ok random i'll use color text when my character talks. but we really need the OOC thread up and running. i'm willing to start it myself.but someone needs to transport the data from the recruitment thread to the OOC thread.)

"I'm gald we can see eye to eye at least on the fact that we have to work together for the time being. i'll call if i find anything"
Kyle then retreats into the tavern to join Janus is his search.

(OOC: although i cant officially help.)

Emperor Ing
2009-09-02, 10:10 AM
there is a second floor, but most of the buildings seem to be 2 story. the rest are 1 storied.

Demons_eye
2009-09-02, 10:28 AM
Seeing the other look around and with nothing batter to do Janus decides to look around also.

Ooc: taking 20 on search.

Emperor Ing
2009-09-02, 10:46 AM
Holy crap this entire thread has been nothing but random searches and spot checks!
:p
FOR EVERYONE OUTSIDE ONLY:
Spot check.

Etcetera
2009-09-02, 10:48 AM
Spot check!

Damnit1
[roll]d20+2

Etcetera
2009-09-02, 10:49 AM
Spot:[roll0]
Sorry for double post, 60 sec posting rule previewed it:smallmad:

ednarimal
2009-09-02, 10:51 AM
spot check(glad i got on the roof):[roll0]

Emperor Ing
2009-09-02, 02:23 PM
Vex will see 3 large ants moving across the street towards the tavern.

Omegonthesane
2009-09-02, 02:28 PM
Sareth had somehow ended up alone, in a prarie, just after packing his belongings for a little errand-boy work. Hardly worth his time, and while he ought to be wary about this, surely it was a better test of his strength than running something to the next temple along. He didn't take long to work out the direction in which the ruins lay, and as he approached, he soon heard voices and headed for them. Turned out some other people were entering a tavern, or the remains of a tavern, so he began heading that way; maybe he could beat some of them into telling him what was going on here.

Encounter description
You see a huge and overmuscled man, seemingly wider than he is tall, stalking purposefully through the streets. On his back is a pack obviously full of various things, and he wears the bottom half of a black monk's outfit, with a red belt, leaving his chest exposed. Besides his considerable bulk and muscle, you notice he has not a hair on his head or body, at least not the parts he's showing you. Two kama are tucked into his belt, like he knows how to use them. A criss-crossing web of dark scars covers his chest and arms, though he's untouched above the neck save for a nose that looks like it was broken once and not properly set.

Spot check [roll0]

ednarimal
2009-09-02, 02:42 PM
Vex jumps from his vantage point to the ground out front and yells into the entrance, "Everyone outside! We've got giant ants out here!"

He readies his quarterstaff to attack any of the ants that come towards the entrance of the tavern.

Demons_eye
2009-09-02, 02:47 PM
Janus runs to the door and looks out side for the ants. He takes his weapon of his back. Sweet runs down his face as they come into view, he trys to think of a way from fighting. "What? Could this be there home? Could they be friendly?"

Ooc: Janus readies an action to attack if they come at him or the others in a hostile manor.

Etcetera
2009-09-02, 02:54 PM
"Giant ants? Really? I wonder where their nest is?"
Tethellin pulls out a club.

Omegonthesane
2009-09-02, 03:09 PM
((I got a better Spot check than "sees giant ants" so I'll assume I saw them too.))

Sareth first notices some wimpy little git with a staff, then notices the giant ants, then notices the git shouting that there are giant ants. Judging by the lack of utterly hopeless and mad panic, he judges that this is not in fact because the stranger is a wimp but because he has friends in earshot. Whether or not the guy could help him was less of a matter than whether or not he could sufficiently test himself against insects that large.
"OI! Crawlies! Coming through!" With that he breaks into a hustle towards the ants.

Just how big are these ants? If he can't plausibly grapple then Sareth will pull out the kama.

Emperor Ing
2009-09-02, 03:52 PM
((The ants are about 6 ft long and standing a foot off the ground. Technically, they're Medium sized.))
They crawl to the tavern, its safe to assume they are not friendly.

Etcetera
2009-09-02, 03:56 PM
"If we kill the ants others may follow the scent trail, but if we don't they may bring reinforcements. I suspect the ants will die anyway though."
Tethellin rolls his eyes in the direction of Sareth.
Roll for initiative! (If it's relevant)
[roll0]

ednarimal
2009-09-02, 04:27 PM
initiative(once applicable):[roll0]

Emperor Ing
2009-09-02, 04:32 PM
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Omegonthesane
2009-09-02, 04:44 PM
Sareth is a little too busy looking at the ants to notice anyone rolling their eyes at him.
Initiative [roll0]

Demons_eye
2009-09-02, 05:27 PM
[roll0] Init for the last time

MagicianMan5
2009-09-02, 07:14 PM
"Giant ants? Really? that the stupidest-" Kyle stops short when he stes outside and sees the monstrous insects. "Crap."

(OOC: do have to roll initiative to attack? if so i'll roll. if not, treat this as a spellcraft skill check to cast Magic Missile. if i cant do anything, ignore this roll. [roll0])

Etcetera
2009-09-03, 02:47 AM
I do not believe you have to roll spellcraft to cast magic missile.
Tethellin will throw a club at the ant with the highest initiative after it has had its turn

MagicianMan5
2009-09-03, 03:49 AM
then what do i have to roll for to cast magic missile? more to the point am i allowed to do so? i still havent soaked up all the rules. anyway,

When (and if) Kyle can attack, he will also cast Magic Missile (if he is allowed, if not, i shoot the enemy with a crossbow bolt) at the ant with highest initiative (if i can i am just not sure, this battle will be very informative.)

Etcetera
2009-09-03, 03:54 AM
You don't have to roll to cast it, in the case of magic missile as long as you are in range of your target you just roll for damage(spell resistance notwithstanding.)

For example (For clarification I'm not doing anything yet):
Magic missile at level 1 on the ant with the highest initiative.
You're level one so you only get one missile which deals d4+1 damage
[roll0]
And there you have it, you've damaged an ant.

Emperor Ing
2009-09-03, 05:00 AM
((Right now Magic, roll initiative, just 1d20+[dex mod].))

MagicianMan5
2009-09-03, 05:01 AM
was that my roll of magic missile, or should i roll again, if that is the case,

Kyle casts magic missile at the Ant with highest initiative, as soon as possible.

Magic Missile: [roll0]

Edit: i already rolled initiative earlier, remember random? now i'll just add the dex mod of Kyle and we get this (this is a replica of what the roll would have looked like if i added the dex mod in the first place) (1d20+2) 22

Emperor Ing
2009-09-03, 05:05 AM
((That's a Damage roll for Magic Missle. Roll Initiative, which is wether or not you go first.))

MagicianMan5
2009-09-03, 05:08 AM
i rolled initiative about 6 or 5 posts earlier. i replicated what it would have looked like with the dex mod. what the highest initiative ants initiative? i mean, they are faily big, dex cant be very high for them, but since theyre insects, it aint really a dump ability. i'm just wondering.

Emperor Ing
2009-09-03, 05:10 AM
((Okay, in that case you'll go first.))
Init order: magic, ant, crown, ant, omegon, ed, demon.

The ant is hit square in the head by the ball of magic, but they continue their advance.

the ant tries to bite the spellcaster.
1d20+1
1d6

Crown's turn

Emperor Ing
2009-09-03, 05:20 AM
due to inability to read previous rolls in posts, it takes a while to determine init order. :smallannoyed:

so the ant tries to bite the spellcaster

[roll0]
[roll1]

Etcetera
2009-09-03, 05:22 AM
Ouch, that looks nasty.
I'll also cast magic missile on the same ant.
[roll0]

Emperor Ing
2009-09-03, 05:25 AM
the ant that was attacking...err...magicman's character has stopped moving.
The next ant will then attack...Sareth
[roll0]
[roll1]
Omegon's turn

Etcetera
2009-09-03, 05:34 AM
What happened to magicianman's character(Kyle)?

MagicianMan5
2009-09-03, 06:02 AM
i was wandering the other posts, but how nasty is the damage to Kyle, and should i open a OOC thread, cause i dont know how to transfer the info with me.

Omegonthesane
2009-09-03, 06:02 AM
Sareth dodges the ant's bite with ease, then dives onto it and grabs it. No attack of opportunity because of Improved Grapple.
Touch attack to start grapple [roll0]
Grapple check (if touch attack hits) [roll1]
Unarmed strike damage (if grapple check succeeds) [roll2]

((Magic, if the ant's 18 is higher than the AC value on your character sheet, then it hit you and did the 6 damage it rolled.))

MagicianMan5
2009-09-03, 06:04 AM
wow... max rolls on 2/3 of that move... lucky (i think)

Etcetera
2009-09-03, 06:17 AM
Magicianman, I believe your character is currently unconscious.

MagicianMan5
2009-09-03, 06:20 AM
thats what i think, too, but i just went out and made the OOC thread, the link i am putting up right now.

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6853221#post6853221

now we camp both threads.

ednarimal
2009-09-03, 06:57 AM
Vex peers intently at the third ant, a red hazy glow coming from his eyes, and a bolt of what appears to be fire erupts from them, streaking towards his target.

(energy ray of fire:
RTA Roll[roll0]
Dam Roll[roll1])

loopy
2009-09-03, 08:40 AM
Alan rushes out of the inn, hearing combat. He stumbles a bit as he gets to the door. "...the hells? Ants??"

Init: [roll0]

Demons_eye
2009-09-03, 11:02 AM
The barbarian swings his blade down hard on the ant trying to chop off its head. The scythe dances in his hands as if the two were old partners and the blade sings a deadly song as it slices the air.

Attacking the one not down and not grappled
[roll0] Attack
[roll1] Damage

MagicianMan5
2009-09-03, 12:49 PM
Sareth dodges the ant's bite with ease, then dives onto it and grabs it. No attack of opportunity because of Improved Grapple.
Touch attack to start grapple [roll0]
Grapple check (if touch attack hits) [roll1]
Unarmed strike damage (if grapple check succeeds) [roll2]

((Magic, if the ant's 18 is higher than the AC value on your character sheet, then it hit you and did the 6 damage it rolled.))

ok it was higher than the AC on sheet, now, am i dead, or just unconcious, cuz i only have 6 health in the first place.

Etcetera
2009-09-03, 01:02 PM
You are now at 0 HP and therefore disabled.
http://www.d20srd.org/srd/combat/injuryandDeath.htm

Emperor Ing
2009-09-03, 04:57 PM
another of the ants drop. One remaining.
[roll0]
[roll1]
Attacking the barbarian

Omegonthesane
2009-09-03, 05:09 PM
Um, seriously, your post really doesn't make it clear. Did I kill the ant I was attacking already?

loopy
2009-09-04, 03:00 AM
((OOC: Yeah, could we get more descriptive fluff please? Plain text makes it all a bit dry. Also, without a map, descriptive text is even more important for us to figure out the battlefield situation. Thanks in advance. :smallsmile:))

Emperor Ing
2009-09-04, 03:22 PM
((You guys are posting way too fast for me. Just do me a favor and attack in init order. Well here's your descriptive text))
The creature is...beaten.
The remaining ant runs at the barbarian, its sharp, massive mandibles opened wide in its attempt to rend the being's flesh from its body.

Etcetera
2009-09-04, 03:25 PM
So it's magicianman's turn now, and he's disabled.

Emperor Ing
2009-09-04, 03:27 PM
techically, when you're disabled, you can still do stuff, just not things like cast spells or whatever.

Etcetera
2009-09-04, 03:28 PM
Yup, you can just take a standard action (I think). Bit of a misnomer then.

MagicianMan5
2009-09-04, 03:45 PM
what is a standard action? can i shoot him with a crossbow bolt?

Etcetera
2009-09-04, 03:50 PM
I believe so. When he has shot the last ant with a crossbow bolt, it's my turn.

MagicianMan5
2009-09-04, 03:54 PM
ok, i'll use my crossbow. Re-Enter Roleplay:

Kyle draws his crossbow, and shoots the any straight through the head(i am guessing, do i roll for aim to? i'm learning all the time.)

Damage roll: [roll0]

Edit: can i do a roleplay comedy bit when we make camp and Kyle regains consiousness? cause its all in my head, the scene. it's a classic line for someone regaining consiousness.

Emperor Ing
2009-09-04, 03:58 PM
(you have to roll Attack, or your "Do I hit?" roll.
it's 1d20+Dexterity Modifier+Base Attack Bonus+Miscellaneous Modifiers)

MagicianMan5
2009-09-04, 04:04 PM
ok, lets try this scene again, the right way. Roleplay Resum

Kyle draws his bow, aiming for the hidious monstosities head.

Do I HIt? roll: [roll0]
and now i reroll attack (if its lower than before, go with earlier attack roll.)
[roll1]

Edit: i think i may have somehow replaced crown of thorns message.

Etcetera
2009-09-04, 04:07 PM
Ok, since Kyle missed I'm going to throw a club at the ant.
[roll0] If it's any further then ten feet away then deduct 2 from the roll for every ten feet.
Damage:
[roll1]

Emperor Ing
2009-09-04, 04:11 PM
The debhilitating wound from the ant's mandibles still ache at Kyle's torso. The pain is distracting enough to cause the crossbow bolt to miss wildly. Kyle's flying club strikes the ant in the thorax by the handle, but it looks like it just bounced off of it.

Omegon's turn.

Omegonthesane
2009-09-04, 05:34 PM
Sareth knocks the ant to the floor in a surprisingly swift manner, and decides to delay properly squishing it in favour of taking out the other ant while its back is turned. Rather than go for a vital part, he aims a punch at wherever he can reach on its body.

Attack roll [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

Emperor Ing
2009-09-04, 06:00 PM
Sareth's punch lands square in the thorax, cracking the exoskeleton. If it could talk you're pretty sure it'd be screaming in horrible pain.
Demon's turn

Demons_eye
2009-09-04, 06:08 PM
"Let end this" Janus says as he walks over to the Ant spinning his scythe in his hand. He stops right before it and brings his blade down with a freaky grunt.

[roll0] Attack
[roll1] Damage

ednarimal
2009-09-04, 06:12 PM
(OOC: Unless that somehow didn't kill the last ant, can I make a spot check to see if i saw where kyle's crossbow bolt went? The poor guy is at 0hp over there, he shouldn't have to bother himself with it.)

Emperor Ing
2009-09-04, 07:28 PM
(eh, sure.)
Janus's scythe makes a grazing hit on the ant, but fails to do anything more of a scratch.
The ant tries to bite the barbarian again
[roll0]
[roll1]
magician's turn.

MagicianMan5
2009-09-05, 03:45 AM
ok i'll givw the ant killing buisness another "shot."

Kyle draws his crossbow, loads it, and takes aim, even in terrible pain.

Aim roll [roll0]
Damage Roll [roll1]

i still dont know how to get a critical hit... is it when you get a perect on the aim roll?

Emperor Ing
2009-09-05, 05:18 AM
(for you, it'd be when you roll a 21 or 22. Then you have to roll your attack roll again. If that hits, its a critical hit. If not, then you do regular damage.)
The horrendous pain continues to be detrimental to Kyle as his bolt misses again.

Crown's turn

MagicianMan5
2009-09-05, 05:33 AM
there is a reason i am begging for schedule. we need a set time when we can all be on at the same time and play this game. some of us (like myself) have no socia life, and therefor camp the thread, day ad night. its not fun, just waitng. if we were on a schedule, the posts could gt by faster, and we can get on with the plot of our game. and we wont have to wait hours until someone posts.

Emperor Ing
2009-09-05, 05:37 AM
well crap, because I have a life. :smallfrown:

Omegonthesane
2009-09-05, 05:49 AM
((Get an emulator or something. Or join a ton of threads so one has usually got something new at any given time when you can't think of anything better to do.))

MagicianMan5
2009-09-05, 06:08 AM
ok here is my response to omegon:
1: i dont know what an emulater is is.
2: it strained my brain muscle just to mke Kyle.

MagicianMan5
2009-09-06, 04:05 AM
its been nearly 24 hours since someone posted! i'm sorry but i dont think i can camp out the IC and OOC threads, it may really be easier to do both in same thread. and its you turn i think omegon.

Edit oops crowns turn.

Etcetera
2009-09-06, 04:27 AM
Tethellin hurls another club at the ant...
[roll0]
Damage:
[roll1]

Etcetera
2009-09-06, 04:28 AM
Rolling for threat
[roll0]
Second damage roll
[roll1]

Emperor Ing
2009-09-06, 05:40 AM
No critical
the club flies onto the creature's fractured thorax, hitting it, causing more than enough pain to render the ant unconscious.
All of the ants are now unconscious

Etcetera
2009-09-06, 05:45 AM
Tethellin runs over to Kyle to make sure he's all right.

Emperor Ing
2009-09-06, 05:50 AM
((Oh and btw you dont need to roll a 2nd damage roll for crits. Damage is just modified my the critical multiplier.))

Etcetera
2009-09-06, 06:01 AM
Ok. Should I make a heal check to restore a single HP, or just wait for the bard to heal him?

Emperor Ing
2009-09-06, 06:10 AM
I can allow a check to recover 1 hp, but you'll need to set aside an hour to do so.

Etcetera
2009-09-06, 06:15 AM
Eh, nevermind then, I don't have any modifier to heal anyway.
"The ants will probably have left a scent trail. There may be more coming soon. We might have to move."

Omegonthesane
2009-09-06, 06:55 AM
Sareth glances at Tethellin, quizically; new ally or no, he needs to be filled in. "Right, before 'we' go anywhere, who are you, who's the other zapper," at which he gestures to Kyle, "and do you have any idea how we all got here?" In the meantime, he draws his kama and, before anyone gets the wrong idea, decides to make sure the ants are permanently out of commission.

Coup de gracing all ants with kama, in no particular order. Crit multiplier x2. Also, by RAW crit hit = roll damage again according to multiplier & add together, but just multiplying is a good houserule unless your crit hit was a natural 1 for damage.
1st ant Damage [roll0] Crit damage [roll1]
2nd ant Damage [roll2] Crit damage [roll3]
3rd ant Damage [roll4] Crit damage [roll5]

MagicianMan5
2009-09-06, 06:58 AM
ok i know i cant affect the game, being unconsious and all, but i think we should set up camp so we can all regain a bit of hp. i already have comedy bit in mind. and cant the DM make any of the players say anything if ts part of the storyline?

Omegonthesane
2009-09-06, 07:05 AM
((We've been through one encounter, and I'm on full HP still.... wait a minute, why is no one able to magiheal? Not even the Psion...))

Emperor Ing
2009-09-06, 07:12 AM
((At 0 hp, in my games, you're just severely injured, hardly able to move, but still conscious.))

MagicianMan5
2009-09-06, 07:32 AM
oh. well my comedy bit went down the drain quickly.

Omegonthesane
2009-09-06, 07:35 AM
((At 0 hp, in my games, you're just severely injured, hardly able to move, but still conscious.))

((Does that have a bearing on brutally executing the ants or suchlike?))

Etcetera
2009-09-06, 07:36 AM
Since it seems that we are going to have to set up camp, let's do so and have the person with the highest heal modifier attempt a heal check on Kyle.

"I am Tethellin, a grey elven mage and student of the archmage Finreir. I came down from he mountains to learn more of other races and lands. I do not know much about the sorcerer though, other than his name is Kyle and he is currently bleeding out on the floor. Perhaps someone should see to him"

Omegonthesane
2009-09-06, 07:53 AM
Elf mage, didn't know about the sorcerer. Got it. So some weird force had decided to whisk at least three people who had no relation or connection to eachother into this abandoned city... that didn't sound very good at all.
"Sareth, of the Steel Mountain school." Steel Mountain being the name of the style, not the location, a flat featureless wasteland where only the order's lands were magically fertile. "I was deliverin' something when bam, I wake up just outside this place."

((I have a +2. Anyone better than a +2?))

MagicianMan5
2009-09-06, 07:54 AM
"I agree with Teth over there. I would like to stop bleeding and regain a bit of health. That ant took a bit outta me. I'll tell you my story later*, around a campfire. I'm off to lie in a bed upstairs."

Kyle staggered his way upstairs, gripping his side where the ant bit him.

(OOC: * in other words, i need to think one up on the spot, otherwise i'm just a random guy. dont worry i'll think of something.)

Etcetera
2009-09-06, 07:57 AM
No modifier to heal here.
"If we want to set up camp here we ought to prepare some defences. We don't know if there'll be more ants or anything else round here."

Omegonthesane
2009-09-06, 08:17 AM
"Defences... We're in a city. Get off the ground floor, bring a ladder, then smash the staircase into iddy little bits. I'd like to see an ant that size climb the walls." In the mean time, Sareth pokes a few pressure points on Kyle. Really hard.

((I have the best Wis modifier, so Heal [roll0] and Aid Another would be nice.))

Etcetera
2009-09-06, 08:23 AM
I'll aid you then, but you've succeeded anyway.
"You don't know much about ants then. They're rather good at climbing for their size."

Omegonthesane
2009-09-06, 08:47 AM
"Things don't really scale up that well though." Sareth continues poking where he thinks it will aid the healing. "Fer instance, take a metal bridge over a river. Then take another bridge, twice its size in every dimension. You'd expect the big one to be stronger right? But no, it probably falls under its own weight."

Etcetera
2009-09-06, 08:54 AM
Logic aside, I'm just assuming that scaled up ants would be able to climb in the same way that monstrous spiders can.
"How would they get around their nests if they couldn't. I concur with regards to the bridge, but I suspect that these ants are the product of some sort of magical mishap. That is generally the way."

Omegonthesane
2009-09-06, 09:07 AM
"...Least we can do is force 'em down a narrow corridor or somethin'. Stop 'em gangin' up on us. It'll stop us gangin' on them, too, but there's prob'ly more than three of 'em and they won't be unconscious." Sareth takes a look around, and grimaces. "Unless we stick near the main road, we can pretty much forget escape, I don't think anyone knows the way outta here."

Etcetera
2009-09-06, 09:16 AM
"We could maybe sharpen some pieces of wood into steaks and jam them into the wall. That'd dissuade anything form getting up."

ednarimal
2009-09-06, 10:34 AM
(OOC: spot check to see if i can tell which direction the ants track came from, shouldn't be too hard since i also saw them approach
spot check:[roll0]

Vex reaches into his pocket and retrieves a light-blue translucent stone, then drops it on the ground in front of himself. As soon as it hits the ground, the stone sprouts eight legs, similar to a spider's, and start crawling off in the direction the ants came from.

Vex turns back towards the group, and says "We should have earlier warning should more decide to join their friends, with any luck."

For Randomizer:
I pretty much told it to follow the tracks it sees to the edge of the city we're in and patrol a small area, sending telepathic warnings if it sees anything coming

Etcetera
2009-09-06, 10:38 AM
"Well, I'll sleep a little easier knowing that we'll have advanced warning of ants. That isn't to say that they're the only dangerous thing round here though. We need to be on our guard."

MagicianMan5
2009-09-06, 11:00 AM
"Thank you, Sareth. For that very painful method of healing. I concur with all defence plans. Smash the stairs, find a ladder, and hope to our respective gods that those ants can't climb steep walls. I'm still going to lie down. Only wake me when ants attack are if you need help with a fire. I have steel, flint, and firewood in my pack. I'll tell you why i do and my story when the fire is set up."

Dependng on wether or not Sareth already smashed the stairs, Kyle moves into a room that says "Room 214" and flops down on the covers, where he promptly fell asleep.

Emperor Ing
2009-09-06, 05:22 PM
Just a few minutes after the warning signal spider was deployed, everyone recieves a telepathic message of something approaching.

Demons_eye
2009-09-06, 05:29 PM
The barbarian jumps up in attention waiting for the enemy to show there face.

Emperor Ing
2009-09-06, 06:30 PM
if you are out in the street, you will see two larger ants crawling towards the tavern. right now they're about 500 ft away.

Omegonthesane
2009-09-07, 02:16 AM
Sareth hears... senses... well, detects the alarm going off, and grunts in annoyance at not having much time; he'd just got the remains of the bar together as a window barricade. "This place is a deathtrap if we can't seal it up! Move move mooooove!"

Etcetera
2009-09-07, 02:26 AM
Tethellin sighs and gets up from the corner in which he was slumped. He picks up the clubs at his side.
"Told you so. There'll be soldiers now."

MagicianMan5
2009-09-07, 04:17 AM
"The ants are back?" Kyle said, drearily, having just woke up from the telepathic message. "Already? I didn't even have enough time to get a good hours sleep in yet! These guys are persistant. I wish we had some giant bug spray!" Kyle shouts from the second floor. "I think I'll take a position from up here with my crossbow. I'll be able to shoot without taking any more damage. I'll just stay by the window and wait for soeone to give me the go to shoot an ant." Kyle moves back into his room, which, remarkably, has a good veiw of the ants, of the team members can get them to the front of the bar and battle them there.

Emperor Ing
2009-09-08, 04:49 AM
the ants continue advancing. They're now about 50 ft away

Etcetera
2009-09-08, 04:51 AM
I ready an action to cast ray of frost on the first ant to get within 25 ft.

Omegonthesane
2009-09-08, 05:12 AM
Sareth stares the ants down, hands open and grasping, arms down and a little away from his body... almost as if he's trying to look even more of a hard case than he already does.
Initiative [roll0]

MagicianMan5
2009-09-08, 08:44 AM
Kyle prepares an action to shoot the first ant to get within 25ft of the tavern.

rollin init. [roll0]

Etcetera
2009-09-08, 08:46 AM
You can shoot at the ants now I think. You have a good enough range.

Omegonthesane
2009-09-08, 09:30 AM
((Depends what you shoot with but a light crossbow bolt goes 80ft before range penalties. Ray of Frost had to be readied because it has a range of 25ft for a 1st level caster.))

Etcetera
2009-09-08, 09:53 AM
That's what I meant, but MM is offline now.

Emperor Ing
2009-09-09, 04:04 PM
you can shoot the ant with RoF, roll for attack (Dex bonus + bab) and damage. (1d4)

and their init
[roll0]
[roll1]

ednarimal
2009-09-09, 05:24 PM
Vex appears annoyed.

"This is starting to become...bothersome. Perhaps better fortifications would be in order."

init roll:[roll0]

Etcetera
2009-09-10, 01:54 AM
Ray of frost!
Ranged Touch Attack:
[roll0]
Damage:
[roll1]
Damn it!

Emperor Ing
2009-09-10, 04:49 AM
The small light-blue beam flies off into the sky.
(waiting for people who didnt roll init)

Demons_eye
2009-09-10, 05:55 AM
Going to school so if it gets to my turn I attack one with power attack
[roll0]init
[roll1]Attack
[roll2]Damage

Emperor Ing
2009-09-11, 05:39 AM
((erhm, you didnt roll init yet I dont think))

Omegonthesane
2009-09-11, 11:16 AM
((Demons_eye rolled it in his post just now, before rolling for Power Attack and such.
Who still needs to roll init?))

Etcetera
2009-09-11, 11:21 AM
Should I roll initiative as well?

Omegonthesane
2009-09-11, 11:24 AM
((You used a readied action, your init's now set to the same as the ant you fired at, with you acting just before it.))

Emperor Ing
2009-09-12, 05:59 AM
((Demons_eye rolled it in his post just now, before rolling for Power Attack and such.
Who still needs to roll init?))

loopy. But since we have 4, let me attempt to get the init order

Vex, Sareth, Crown, Ant 1, Kyle, Ant 2, the barbarian

Etcetera
2009-09-12, 06:11 AM
So I act immediately after the faster ant?

Emperor Ing
2009-09-12, 06:16 AM
So I act immediately after the faster ant?

roll init -_-

Etcetera
2009-09-12, 06:29 AM
Initiative:
[roll0]

Emperor Ing
2009-09-12, 06:32 AM
okay, you're in.

Vex, go first.

ednarimal
2009-09-12, 06:52 AM
Vex fires a ray of pure cold at the closest ant, hoping to keep the onslaught at bay.

RTA:[roll0]
Dam:[roll1]

Emperor Ing
2009-09-12, 04:06 PM
the piercing blue ray fires from the caster's fingertips, striking the ant just over his head, hitting it in the abdomen. Due to the ant's nature its hard to tell wether it took damage or not. ((It did)).

Sareth's turn.

Omegonthesane
2009-09-12, 04:13 PM
Sareth charges at the ant that isn't being shot at, screaming a wordless, guttural war cry as he dump tackles it.

And by 'dump tackle' I mean 'ordinary unarmed strike made with a +2 to the attack roll', of course. :smallbiggrin:
Attack roll [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

Emperor Ing
2009-09-15, 03:33 PM
You lunge at it with your fists, but land solidly on the ground, using your momentum to immediately get up again. (No roll required)

Crown's turn

Etcetera
2009-09-15, 03:42 PM
I hurl a club at the closest ant.
[roll0]
damage:
[roll1]

Emperor Ing
2009-09-15, 03:59 PM
The flying club bounces off the top of the ant's head, and it ceases to move.

Kyle's turn.

ednarimal
2009-09-18, 10:49 AM
(OOC: anyone know where magicman went? he hasn't posted anything in 10 days, since he rolled initiative on page 5)

Emperor Ing
2009-09-19, 05:01 AM
((probably doesn't know how to subscribe to threads. :P ))

Etcetera
2009-09-19, 08:01 AM
But he hasn't posted anything in any threads. At all.

Omegonthesane
2009-09-20, 07:53 AM
((I'd have NPCed his action by now...))

Emperor Ing
2009-09-20, 06:04 PM
Whatever, Ant 2 attacks Crown's character (Please refer to your character in 3rd person :smallsigh:)
[roll0]
[roll1]

Etcetera
2009-09-21, 01:38 AM
And misses him.

Emperor Ing
2009-09-21, 05:37 AM
the barbarian's turn

Demons_eye
2009-09-21, 05:50 AM
Going to school so if it gets to my turn I attack one with power attack
(1d20)[4]init
(1d20+3)[8]Attack
(2d4+6)[13]Damage

OoC:I think I miss

ednarimal
2009-09-21, 06:07 AM
Vex aims another energy ray of fire right between the ant's eyes, hoping to end this quickly

RTA:[roll0]
Dam:[roll1]

Etcetera
2009-09-21, 09:50 AM
...and I chuck a third club.
[roll0]
damage:
[roll1]

Damn it!

Emperor Ing
2009-09-22, 05:42 AM
The ray strikes at the ground between the ant's legs, and the club makes a grazing hit at the ant's abdomen, but you don't believe it did damage.

The ant tries to bite again
[roll0]
[roll1]

edit: O_o ow

Omegonthesane
2009-09-22, 07:16 AM
((You really need to specify which ant, and who it tried to bite. That's not even giving much fluff, it's adding maybe 3 words to a short post that make it a lot clearer. "The ant tries to bite again" is actually shorter on info than "Ant 1 attacks Sareth" despite being two words longer.))

Etcetera
2009-09-22, 09:57 AM
I think he means the ant which isn't currently unconscious.

Omegonthesane
2009-09-22, 10:00 AM
((That would be both of them far as I can see. Could you narrow it down a little?))

Etcetera
2009-09-22, 10:07 AM
Ant 1 is down, ant 2 is attacking. I think.

Emperor Ing
2009-09-22, 02:06 PM
((Ant 2 is attacking because Ant 1 is unconscious. and it look like that attack hurt. =\ ))