PDA

View Full Version : Adventurer's Vault II

Kurald Galain
2009-09-01, 12:22 PM
So, does anyone have AV2 yet? Is it any good?

Tiki Snakes
2009-09-01, 03:21 PM
So, does anyone have AV2 yet? Is it any good?

I'd say on balance; It's smaller, and the rules are less stringently examined. There really is only so many of each item type in there, so there's only so much to draw from...

But it's got some really, really flavourfull stuff. Some of the weapons especially feel incredibly Moorcock somehow. Plus the Lair items are a nifty idea.

kc0bbq
2009-09-01, 03:28 PM
I like that it expands what magic items cover. It expands what is possible like the other good splats (Open Grave, etc.), just with magic items. Some of the new directions, like the already mentioned Lair keyword items, can really fill out a world.

It's another bit of incremental expansion of what's possible within the rules. I don't regret buying it.

Mando Knight
2009-09-01, 03:33 PM
OK, so!

MK's splatbooks-that-have-already-been-released wishlist:
Divine Power
Adventurer's Vault 2
Manual of the Planes
MM2
PHB2
Arcane Power
Open Grave

...yeah, that's most of 'em.

Kurald Galain
2009-09-01, 04:09 PM
OK, so!

MK's splatbooks-that-have-already-been-released wishlist:

Er, isn't that all splatbooks that have already been released? :smallbiggrin:

Draz74
2009-09-01, 04:11 PM
Er, isn't that all splatbooks that have already been released? :smallbiggrin:

Nah ... setting-specific books and Martial Power, at least, didn't apparently make the list.

Mando Knight
2009-09-01, 05:17 PM
Nah ... setting-specific books and Martial Power, at least, didn't apparently make the list.

I've already got Adventurer's Vault 1, Martial Power, the Forgotten Realms stuff, and the first Draconomicon. Don't currently see a reason why I need the Eberron stuff other than for the Artificer class, and the Kalashtar and Warforged races, which I already have access to via DDI.

NPCMook
2009-09-01, 05:42 PM
Today's Character builder update says it includes AVII stuff... Yet I see nothing from AVII...

EDIT: Nvm, I found a few in Wounderous, and noticed the Tattoos had their own section, kind of surprising there are no new weapons for us to play with