PDA

View Full Version : CoD 4 or CoD WaW?

Stormthorn
2009-09-01, 07:15 PM
Im not sure which one to buy. 4 seems more popular, but is also more expensive and i played most of its single player at my cousins house, so the game losses several hours of "fun time".

Isak
2009-09-01, 07:30 PM
My personal recommendation?

Wait for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2. It's only a couple months away.

If you MUST buy one; I'd go for CoD4. The multiplayer is FAR better optimized for lag, and still has an extremely high player base.

In my own experiences, CoD5 lags. A lot. And not just in multiplayer; Even on the single player maps involving tanks and flamethrowers.

If you can stand horrendous amounts of "rubber-banding" (Moving, then lag-moving back to where you started, multiple times).. then by all means; Go for 5.

Course, it depends on what platform you play on too. If you're going for the PC, it may be completely different depending on your computer. My experiences pertain to the Xbox 360 and Xbox Live.

Devixer
2009-09-07, 11:44 PM
I agree with Isak. Either wait for Modern Warfare 2, or get CoD 4. Its got much better multiplayer, and, as a result, better replay value.

Myatar_Panwar
2009-09-08, 12:09 AM
You guys underestimate the power of Nazi Zombies.

But yeah, wait for Modern Warfare 2. I think its due to come out in November.

Winthur
2009-09-08, 02:26 AM
From opinions I've gathered on a similar topic... WaW is bad. Supposedly, the AI is retarded. Dunno myself, though.

Myatar_Panwar
2009-09-08, 05:38 PM
From opinions I've gathered on a similar topic... WaW is bad. Supposedly, the AI is retarded. Dunno myself, though.

WaW is not bad. In fact it is pretty much CoD4 with a WW2 skin.

warty goblin
2009-09-08, 05:56 PM

If you're going on the retardedness of the AI, both games fail miserably.

Personally I'd go with WaW because:

1) I prefer bolt action rifles.

2) It has a flamethrower.

Dixieboy
2009-09-08, 07:07 PM

It's retarded in that weird "I'm not sure if this should make me angry" way.

Like Nazis who can shoot you in the face from across the map with a machinegun, or japanese people who charge you with a sniper rifle.

It's... weird.

It's filled with invisible walls and the vehicle sections are terrible. :/
The weapons are cool though. (Not as good as CoD 4 though)

warty goblin
2009-09-08, 08:03 PM
It's retarded in that weird "I'm not sure if this should make me angry" way.

Like Nazis who can shoot you in the face from across the map with a machinegun, or japanese people who charge you with a sniper rifle.

It's... weird.

It's filled with invisible walls and the vehicle sections are terrible. :/
The weapons are cool though. (Not as good as CoD 4 though)

Funnily enough, machine guns are some of the most accurate weapons in reality, and the Japanese were known for pulling some intentionally suicidal moves like that. Remember this was the nation that at one point in the war decided the only way to win involved human guided torpedos and kamikazis.

Dixieboy
2009-09-08, 08:15 PM
Funnily enough, machine guns are some of the most accurate weapons in reality, and the Japanese were known for pulling some intentionally suicidal moves like that. Remember this was the nation that at one point in the war decided the only way to win involved human guided torpedos and kamikazis.
I am not talking about the banzai troops.
I am talking about rifle armed japanese dudes who will charge up to you and start shooting from about half a metre away with no other advantage to this particular position. (While they might have been in cover before)
Which just seems silly.

I did not know about the machine gun thing, but in WaW those unmounted machinegun have an awful amount of spread so I went with the assumptions that "They really shouldn't be able to do that".

warty goblin
2009-09-08, 08:26 PM
I am not talking about the banzai troops.
I am talking about rifle armed japanese dudes who will charge up to you and start shooting from about half a metre away with no other advantage to this particular position. (While they might have been in cover before)
Which just seems silly.

I did not know about the machine gun thing, but in WaW those unmounted machinegun have an awful amount of spread so I went with the assumptions that "They really shouldn't be able to do that".

Oh machine guns have very high spread due to their freakish rates of fire and high caliber rounds resulting in brutal recoil. This is one of the reasons why most of the time machine gunners only fire short bursts (the others being ammo preservation and not wanting to melt the barrel).

The first shot however isn't effected by the recoil of any previous shots (since there weren't any). What you get is a high powered cartridge fired from a heavy (therefore stable) weapon with a fairly long barrel. Since the barrels are easily interchangable, it'll probably be in fairly good condition as well. An accurate shot in other words. Put a scope on it and you've basically got a sniper rifle.

This is particularly true of heavy machine guns, although I'm informed that even light machine guns ala the SAW are really quite accurate as well.

Factor in the bit where most CoD maps are fairly small, and the sightlines even smaller, and (realistically) it's not at all an unreasonable shot. In game terms it might be annoying as hell, because it's not a shot you can duplicate or see coming, but them's the breaks.