PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] A Slavedriver class?

penbed400
2009-09-01, 10:39 PM
I'm having a hardtime finding one. Particularly one that would be good in a war if you know of any.

Perhaps homebrew, or a source, either way doesn't matter. Just trying to find a good class that would fit this flavor.

BRC
2009-09-01, 10:40 PM
Theres the Crimson Scourge from Cityscape, though that's more of a slavecatcher than a slave driver.

Sinfire Titan
2009-09-01, 10:40 PM
A little reflavoring is all that's needed. (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/prestigeClasses/thrallherd.htm)

Johanas
2009-09-01, 11:15 PM
Look up the old Kingdoms of Kalamar 3.0 supplement. It had a slaver prestige class, should be an easy tweak to make it a base class. I will see if I can find it in my pile of books and post what it has.

Olo Demonsbane
2009-09-01, 11:20 PM
Theres one in Forgotten Realms-Unapproachable east, right after Telflammar Shadowlord. I forget the name right now...

Johanas
2009-09-01, 11:25 PM
Thayan Slaver, page 37.

Deth Muncher
2009-09-01, 11:25 PM
+1 to the thrallherd.

The Glyphstone
2009-09-02, 12:09 AM
Yeah, what sort of slavedriver do you want?

If 'slave driver' = Dude with whip, there's the 3.0 Lasher PrC, or simply Exotic Weapon Master and a Whip-Dagger or Scourge.

If 'slave driver' = Dude with slaves, the Thrallherd has already been mentioned - there's also the Mindbender for Arcane slaving.

Apparently there's actual 'slaver' related PrCs people have proposed too, which may or may not fit your desired flavor.

loopy
2009-09-02, 02:11 AM
I think the idea of a "slavedriver" class is a bit bizarre, since slaves are generally cowed low-level humanoid NPC's. They wouldn't offer much XP, so you wouldn't go up many levels as a slavedriver. You'd have to turn to some other form of profession (ie class) to actually progress further in experience.

Theres a reason the heroes can always kick the slavers asses. Its because the slavers don't actually get to (or particularly need to) practice anything close to combat skills.

Just my two cents. :smallsmile:

Jothki
2009-09-02, 02:19 AM
Low level wizard? From first level core alone, you get Alarm, Endure Elements (for yourself or a slave you want to reward), Charm Person (for manipulating the loyalties of your slaves), Cause Fear, and a bunch of non-damaging crowd control spells like Sleep.

AslanCross
2009-09-02, 07:06 AM
Beguiler can also do arcane slavery AND remain incognito.

CapnVan
2009-09-02, 07:25 AM
There's a far more frightening and soul-crushing slavedriving PrC out there that you've all forgotten about:

The Wife.

Ferrin
2009-09-02, 07:35 AM
Or you could play a marshall with just a few small tweaks in flavor. Just replace skill focus: Diplomacy with Intimidate for instance. Doesn't get any minions out of itself, but that's what leadership is for! :smalltongue:

Also; it's not very powerfull.

Hallavast
2009-09-02, 07:42 AM
Warrior or fighter with whip proficiency and Intimidate. Give him the track feat and some cross class survival if he's skilled in hunting down escaped slaves. Maybe some handle animal instead if he uses dogs? Maybe you'd prefer a ranger for this.

Do you need a "thug" class? A "cultist" class? How about a "shopkeeper" class? The mechanics for these things are already laid out for you. A class for every PC and NPC role is unecessary.

Eric Phail
2009-09-02, 09:12 AM
I once had a little fun with playing a Drow Duskblade as a slavemaster get whip proficiency then arcane channel buffs/debuffs through that.

Karma Guard
2009-09-02, 01:07 PM
Warrior or fighter with whip proficiency and Intimidate. Give him the track feat and some cross class survival if he's skilled in hunting down escaped slaves. Maybe some handle animal instead if he uses dogs? Maybe you'd prefer a ranger for this.

Do you need a "thug" class? A "cultist" class? How about a "shopkeeper" class? The mechanics for these things are already laid out for you. A class for every PC and NPC role is unecessary.

Actually, there IS a Thug class- it's a fighter with minor differences. :Vc

Eon
2009-09-02, 01:09 PM
something like this? (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Ewok_Handler)

just insert kobolds.
:smalltongue: