PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] triadspell

Bagel
2009-09-02, 12:53 AM
how does triad spell work for a favored soul??

olentu
2009-09-02, 12:58 AM
how does triad spell work for a favored soul??

If I am remembering the spell correctly it doesn't unless one can prepare spells in some way.

AmberVael
2009-09-02, 01:26 AM
If I am remembering the spell correctly it doesn't unless one can prepare spells in some way.

This is correct.

Triadspell affects prepared spells only, and a Favored Soul typically lacks prepared spells- as such, while a Favored Soul could conceivably learn Triadspell, it would serve no purpose.

Doc Roc
2009-09-02, 01:30 AM
It's still a great spell. I have a rule that if it's banned in living greyhawk, it's probably worth using.

Bagel
2009-09-02, 05:45 PM
well currently i'm building a gestalt

stalwart sorc 4/minbender1/fmm5/Ardent savant5/abjurant champ 4//FS 20

and was trying to figure out a spell list, anybody got a link to a good guide or a goo list of cleric spells, most of the utility is needed in the FS side cause the Missile Mage is pretty standard sorc with a lot of force flavor instead of typical save or whatevers and blasty ness

woodenbandman
2009-09-02, 05:49 PM
Can you apply a triadspell to a metamagiced version of a low level spell? Because if so it just won the universe.

olentu
2009-09-02, 06:13 PM
Can you apply a triadspell to a metamagiced version of a low level spell? Because if so it just won the universe.

From what I remember triadspell only has a limitation of the prepared spell being third level or lower so assuming I am not forgetting anything it should work baring metamagic such as heighten spell raising the level above third.

sofawall
2009-09-02, 06:15 PM
Metamagic changes the spell slot for all purposes except saves. Doesn't work as awesomely as you might think with triadspell.

olentu
2009-09-02, 06:21 PM
Metamagic changes the spell slot for all purposes except saves. Doesn't work as awesomely as you might think with triadspell.

I am remembering triadspell refrencing the level of the spell and not the level of the slot though I may have to dig out my spell compendium and look it up.

Doc Roc
2009-09-02, 07:39 PM
However, DMM: Twin + Triadspell can be awesome. Triad spell is one of those spells that is just good to know about.

Deth Muncher
2009-09-02, 08:30 PM
Can I get a page number for Triad Spell? I'm assuming it's like Twin Spell but with three.

olentu
2009-09-02, 08:50 PM
Ok after looking it up triadspell only seems to have the level restriction restriction that the prepared spell must be of third level or lower so unless I have missed it completely it is the spell level and not the spell slot that matters.

Also it is on page 224 in the spell compendium.

kme
2009-09-03, 05:06 AM
Hm it seems that it lasts indefinitely, so given enough time you can get all your spells of levels 0-3 tripled.