PDA

View Full Version : Law and Chaos in the Playground, 2009 Edition

Lord Herman
2009-09-02, 03:13 AM
Law and Chaos
in the Playground
2009 Edition

Main Thread | Nominations | Polls

Welcome to Law and Chaos in the Playground, 2009 Edition. In this contest we will vote on who's the lawfullest, the chaoticest, and the... unalignedest? Least aligned? The person most lacking an alignment, anyway.

How the contest works
An ...in the Playground contest is like an election. People are nominated for a category, and then the playground votes for them. The winners get a nice, shiny trophy. The contest is divided into several parts:

Pre-nomination Campaigning
There's usually some time before the nomination thread is put up. In this time, people can already start campaigning for whatever category they want to be nominated for.

Contestants can post a campaign speech in this thread at any time during the contest. If they PM me with a link to the speech and a tagline, I will link to it from this post.

The Nominations
During the nomination round, people can nominate any three people they want for each category. At the end of this round, I count the nominations, and the top three nominees in each category will go on to the next round.

The Polls
In the second voting round, everyone gets to vote for one of the three top nominees in each category. Whoever gets the most votes gets a gold trophy. There are also silver and bronze trophies for second and third place, so if you're one of the final nominees, you're guaranteed to get a prize.

If the top nominee of a category doesn't win in the polls, he or she gets a Magtok Award. It's a small brass statuette of Lord Magtok, the first one to win such a prize.

The Results
After the results of the contest have been posted, there's some time for the winners to post acceptance speeches, for the losers to complain about the results, and for everyone to suggest a theme for the next round. Also, there are waffles for everyone.
The Rules
As with every contest, there are a few rules. Please read these; failing to abide by them can result in disqualification, or worse, a stern talking-to.

A - General Rules
1. All forum rules apply as normal in this contest. So no flaming, trolling, or pulling hairs. There may be a lot at stake in this contest, but you are expected to keep it civil.

B - Campaigning
1. Keep all campaigning in this thread and your sig. Do not post in random thread to beg for votes.
1a. Also, don't PM people to ask for votes unless they have given their explicit permission.
2. Mass bribery is not allowed, but you can bribe individuals. So offering to bake a cookie for everyone who votes for you is not allowed, but you can bribe specific people with a cookie.
3. Threats are allowed, but they must be within the forum rules. Threatening to assassinate someone in the Stabbity Death thread is okay, but threatening to derail their play-by-post game is not.
4. Vote trading is not allowed.

C - Nominations
1. You must nominate three people for each category, or abstain from that category.
2. You can't nominate yourself.
3. You can only nominate active board members. It doesn't matter where on these boards they post, as long as they do so regularly. Someone who isn't likely to accept their prize (the Giant, for instance) isn't an eligible nominee.
4. You can't nominate the same person for multiple categories.
4a. Someone can't be a final nominee for multiple categories. If someone has enough votes to be nominated for multiple categories, they only get nominated for the category they have the most votes for.
5. You can only post once in the nomination thread, and that post must include your nominations. Comments should go in the main thread.
6. You can edit your nominations at any time before the nominations are closed. Any nominations edited after that will be ignored.
7. You must post the categories in the correct order.
7a. Any categories you abstain from must be included in your post, with <abstain> written under them.
8. Don't post 'joke' nominations, such as intentionally nominating people for random categories, or nominating non-existant playgrounders. Counting nominations is a lot of work, and I don't have time to dig through piles of poorly conceived jokes.
8a. Nor do I have time to dig through piles of incredibly witty jokes, worthy of William Shakespeare himself.

D - Polls
1. You can only vote for one person per category.
1a. You can abstain from any category you wish.
2. You can't vote for yourself.
3. You can only vote for final nominees, and only in the correct category.
4. You can only post once in the polls thread, and that post must include your votes. Comments should go in the main thread.
5. You can edit your votes at any time before the polls are closed. Any votes edited after that will be ignored.
6. You must post the categories in the correct order.
6a. Any categories you abstain from must be included in your post, with <abstain> written under them.
7. To be included in the polls, you have to accept your nomination by responding to the PM I send you. If you don't accept, or if you don't reply within the specified time, your place in the polls will go to the next person in line.
7a. Only accept your nomination if you intend to run in the polls. Dropping out at a later time is not acceptable, unless for legitimate reasons such as the tragic death of your goldfish.
7b. Specifically, do not drop out or fail to campaign in favour of another contestant. The voters decide who wins, not the contestants among themselves.
7c. Do NOT murder your goldfish just so you can drop out of the contest.
7d. No 'unfortunate accidents' either. I mean it. Leave the fish alone.

Common sense applies. Don't try to rules lawyer these rules.

Campaign Speeches

Lawful in the Playground
Blue Ghost (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6851941&posted=1#post6851941) - For Better Or For Worse
lord of kobolds (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6869285#post6869285) - Vote for the ruler of a whole species!
Mordokai - Sometimes good, sometimes evil, but always Lawful.

Chaotic in the Playground
Grim ranger (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6853652&postcount=19) - For him there are no rules
Shadowisper (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6851690&postcount=12) - What is Chaos?
Wolfbane (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6850021&postcount=4) - I am Chaos, Chaos is Life. We are Unstoppable.

Unaligned in the Playground
Bookworm - The Middle Stance
Reinholdt (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6849596&postcount=3) - I defy your classification systems.

<insert category here> in the Playground
Moofin Bard (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6868388&postcount=35) - All the alignments ever
Murska (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6854372&postcount=24) - Radical Contextualism

PM me with a tagline and a link to your post, and I'll add it to the list. You can find a link to your post under the number in the upper right corner of the post.

Reinholdt
2009-09-02, 04:37 PM
If anyone has ever snubbed those pathetic alignment systems and regulations you humans insist on imposing, it's me. Good? Evil? Neutral? Nonsense. I waver between all three on an hourly basis, often in direct relation to the amount of nap-time I've gotten. Law? Chaos? I'll plan out for years the way to turn all your lamps into a pile of starburst candies. And carry it out to the letter. Don't even get me started on GooNeutBil. No, I cannot be culled. I cannot be classified. I... am UNALIGNED.

Even Nameless agrees.

Only Rein can be cute and mean at the same time.

Vote Reinholdt for Unaligned in the Playground! I defy your classification systems.

UncleWolf
2009-09-02, 05:34 PM
Ask yourselves, What is Good? What is Evil? These are merely the order in which you perceive things. Good does not exist, nor does Evil. They are only ideals. Morals which you believe in, those that you are against. Neutrality? Pfft, don't make me laugh. Everyone has an opinion on everything.

So this contest is on Law and Chaos? These are the real forces that wage wars against each other. Law is the immovable object. Chaos, the unstoppable force. These two powers reign supreme. So, which do you think I am?

Law you say? Possibly. After all, I do strive to make things better and to bring peace.

*snicker*

That isn't Law. Law is oppression, it is institutionalization. It is the force that will stagnate and choke to death on it's own fluids. And you ask "What if it is perfect?". Then I'll say that the only perfect way to achieve peace is to wipe out everything on this world. Only then will Law rule.

Okay then, am I unaligned?

NO.

There is no concept such as being unaligned, it is the same as neutral.

What I really am, is Chaos. No, not the cheesy Warhammer 40K kind, or complete disorganization (Even though my room is pretty messy <.<). Sure, I follow rules, I strive to make the world better, but that isn't Law. Everything I do has effects that I am unaware of, good or bad. Every action I take, every day, strives to push Chaos further ahead of it's brother. Yes, I am opposed to Law, for perfection means death. I like keeping things random, I like shifting things around. Just because I may be lawful doesn't mean I am not Chaos. Besides, when an Unstoppable Force meets an Immovable Object, the Object loses.

I am Chaos, Chaos is life. We are Unstoppable.

Vote Wolfbane for Chaos itp.

Haruki-kun
2009-09-02, 05:37 PM
I am Chaos.

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/sonic/images/thumb/9/90/Sonicchannel_chaos.png/250px-Sonicchannel_chaos.png

No, I am. :smalltongue:

Mordokai
2009-09-02, 05:46 PM
Well, lets see... many would have you believe that being lawful is boring and stuff like that. I'll just say that it's as boring as you make it. Being lawful =/= boring and I hope I've proven as much in my good two years here.

I have no fancy speeches prepared. I hope my actions speak for me and I'm too damn tired right now to write something complicated anyway. If you think I deserve a re-nomination for Law in the Playground you'll vote for me. If not, well, I guess I'll have to live wiht that :smallsmile:

Blue Ghost
2009-09-02, 06:06 PM
:smalleek: Hey! I wasn't ready yet! You didn't tell me the next contest was going to be so soon!

Running for Law in the Playground. Campaign speech to come later.

Fan
2009-09-02, 06:08 PM
http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/sonic/images/thumb/9/90/Sonicchannel_chaos.png/250px-Sonicchannel_chaos.png

No, I am. :smalltongue:

http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/mediawiki/images/5/51/AbaddonHH.jpg

No, I am the True Servant of All Chaos.

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD, SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

ALL WILL ROT!

ALL HAIL THE CHANGER OF WAYS!

PRAISE BE TO THE PRINCE OF SECRETS!

Vwulf DeMarcus
2009-09-02, 09:14 PM
I'm assuming that anyone can run for this. Confirmation, please?

Reinholdt
2009-09-02, 09:23 PM
I'm assuming that anyone can run for this. Confirmation, please?
Short answer: Yes.
Long answer: Yes.

Huh. They were the same answer. Go figure.

Rutskarn
2009-09-02, 09:46 PM
Pre-candidacy question: anyone think I'd be a suitable chaotic? I'm on the fence.
Mushroom blender squirrelking.

Vwulf DeMarcus
2009-09-02, 09:46 PM
What is Chaos? The Freedom to do what you want? Rule-Breaking? Being Unpredictable? What do you say? I say any and all and possibly more, but, as I am Chaotic, why should I care about defining Chaos, or anything, for that matter? Some may be interested in the little details of life. I am not.

Shadowhisper for Chaotic In the Playground.

Recaiden
2009-09-02, 09:48 PM
I care not for Law or Chaos. There are not true alignments, merely distractions from the truth. Evil (note the trophy!).

Kaela for good itp! That's over? Oh, then Recaiden for Unaligned.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2009-09-02, 10:23 PM
In many video games, I have beaten forms of chaos. That makes me a fighter for Law.

Vote Atreyu for Lawful ITP@!!!

Blue Ghost
2009-09-02, 10:28 PM
Blue Ghost for Law in the Playground - For Better Or For Worse

I do not believe Law to be superior to Chaos. I do not actively pursue Law the way I do Good. But I am indeed Lawful, and I am proud of it.
I am not Lawful by choice so much as by nature. While I have embraced Good only a few years ago, I have been Lawful as long as I remember. I prefer order to chaos. I prefer calculating reason over emotion, security over unpredictability, routine over serendipity. That is my nature, and always has been.
As far as the definition for Law goes, I fit it to a letter. I am totally honest, trustworthy, and reliable. I uphold my promises. I follow tradition. I always act according to my ideals. Unless it conflicts with Good, I will adhere to the rules, even if they are not enforced or if no one else cares. If an idea wins my loyalty, I will uphold it, even long after everybody else has abandoned it.
Law has its flaws and limitations, and too often those describe me as well. I am often inflexible, resistant to change, and susceptible to closed-mindness.
I do not believe Law to be perfect, or superior to Chaos in any way. However, I am Lawful by nature, and to go against my nature would not be using my full potential for Good. My Lawfulness is an essential part of me, and I am determined to use it to its fullest.

Lord Herman
2009-09-03, 01:40 AM
Note that unaligned means unaligned on both alignment axes, not just law-chaos.

billtodamax
2009-09-03, 02:12 AM
And the nominations have begun flying straight off the bat, with Kael and Reinholdt's campaigns for Unaligned straight off the bat. There's some interesting stuff in there. Carl?
Well it looks like Rein's relying on his history of not using the alignment system to back him for this one, interest tactic, we'll see how that works out in the long run.
And it looks as if Kael's going to try to run off the back of his recent Evilitp success to fuel his campaign, although he didn't mention much of the subject, which may lose him points in the eyes of the judges, while Recaiden has posted a very brief self nomination with no speech!
It was a little strange Bob, now let's move on to Lawitp! We have a few choices here, with Blue Ghost, Atreyu, and Mordokai running! Mordokai was the first to get his speech out, a little informal number, nice, short, and to the point.
Atreyu has used some of his patented "Llama Logic" for his campaign, which barely involved a speech at all!
Seems that Blue Ghost's gone the traditional speech, describing what he's running for and then showing how it applies to him. A nice speech, but will it make the cut?
You really can't be sure, Carl, you just can't. It looks like we're moving onto Chaositp. We've got a relative newcomer to the playgrounds here, Shadowhisper, with a decidedly apathetic speech. He's got some good justification in there though, so I think he might do okay.
And it seems Bob, that there's a mammoth of a speech from Wolfbane, with some controversial new notions about Chaos in it. We've got Ted down on the floor right now, scoping it out.
*hoarse and shouty* Thanks Carl! This has been quite a long speech, but it looks like it's winding down now! He's got an interesting simile about Chaos being and unstoppable object and Law being an Immovable Force, or something like that! He might have lost a few people there! Back to you, Carl!
Thanks Ted. Oh, and what's this? We have some breaking news people, it turns out that Unaligned isn't just Unaligned on the Law to Chaos axis, it's on both! This'll severely hurt Kael's chances at a nomination.
It's always a shame to see such good talent go like that, Carl. Well, that's about all the time we have. I hope you've enjoyed watching, and until next time, good night!

:smalltongue:

Kaelaroth
2009-09-03, 03:40 AM
Note that unaligned means unaligned on both alignment axes, not just law-chaos.

And away my campaign goes! :smalltongue:

The Bookworm
2009-09-03, 07:48 AM
I am running for Unaligned in the Playground because I am neither a follower of the rules or a breaker of the rules. I follow some, I break some, I stay in the middle. Vote Bookworm for the Middle Stance, Unaligned in the Playground!

Grim ranger
2009-09-03, 08:09 AM
Dear playgrounders, I am here to run for Chaotic ItP. I run for it because that is what I am: a chaotic person. You disagree? Let me elaborate.

Imagine this: You have are redeeming yourself of some past misdeeds when there comes a situation in which the law prohibits you from doing the right thing or the thing you see needs doing. Why? Maybe the official making laws is corrupt, the laws odd, or anything in between. While the Lawful and the Unaligned would propably find such situation hard, I as chaotic would see no problem using dirtiest tricks in my reptioire to deal with the situation, and afterwards help poor folk as any Lawful bloke could do.

My point in that useless banter, you ask? My point is that chaotic people are totally free: they can always choose to do whatever they want, not being bound by rules or hinderances. I have been evil and good, and when I was evil a while back I spread the evil with equal vigour that I am trying to cleanse it right now, and when I maybe return to evil I do it without moment's regret. I am also not bound wholly by alignment either, so I can do good while evil and evil while good. I live in the moment, and in one moment I can be petting a puppy and in the next blasting the world to it's component molecules as I see fit. I always have all the choices in the world open for myself and nothing in me is eternal and stable (perhaps exept my hood, but that is contradiction to my word, chaotic in itself :smalltongue:). I am manifestation of chaos, wholly unpredictable element, the harbringer of randomness. I AM CHAOTIC AND DANG PROUD OF THAT! :smallbiggrin:

Vote Grim ranger for Chaotic Itp, because that is how he is!

Dallas-Dakota
2009-09-03, 09:06 AM
Vote DD for chaotic ITP!

Or I won't come back. >.>

Fredthefighter
2009-09-03, 09:09 AM
Vote DD for chaotic ITP!

Or I won't come back. >.>

That is a terrible, and I mean terrible, threat there Mr. Thecookiemonster, but please, please come back. Pwease?

And hey wait! You already did come back! :smallamused:

UncleWolf
2009-09-03, 09:11 AM
There needs to be a fourth category, but I am at a loss as to what it would be.

Maybe Lolz itp?

That actually sounds like it makes sense.

Dirk Kris
2009-09-03, 10:00 AM
I think Chaotic suits me well, but seeing as there are already so many clamoring for it...mah, I'm too lazy. Best of luck, people.

Murska
2009-09-03, 10:40 AM
I am not chaotic. I follow the rules, since it's sensible, and they're right. I plan and create strategies, learn the rules and push them to their limits, but I don't break them just because. I use randomness to my advantage in being unpredictable but I don't tend to be chaotic by nature.

I am not lawful. I don't follow rules if I don't think they make sense, and especially if I can get away with not following them. I won't do things in some way because that's how things are done. I don't overlook opportunities just because they're not standardly working or they are ambiguous morally or rules-wise(instead I ask the one who made the rules).

I am not unaligned, for I'm fully aligned to whichever side I happen to be on at the moment. If I'm on a side, it's my side. The problem is in knowing which side I'm on. If I decide to be completetly unpredictable in a game and go chaotic, I will be so. And then the next time you see me I might be playing the rules to get what I want with cold precision.

I do things because they're interesting. I do things because I want to see what happens. And most of all I do it... for fun. :smallsmile:

Vote Murska for whatever-the-fourth-category-will-be-named ITP.

Fun ITP? Lulz ITP? I can already see the counterspeeches to either of those titles. I'll let anyone who wants to compete decide their stance. Because, after all, that way it'll be the most interesting. :smallamused:

Saint Nil
2009-09-03, 01:23 PM
Please, what we need is Surly Seraph running for law.:smallamused:

Blue Ghost
2009-09-03, 05:52 PM
Saint Nil! You're here! And you have your old avatar back! :smallbiggrin:
Promise me that if you have to leave, you'll leave with your classic avatar on?

In my signature, I have a tribute to Saint Nil. I have sworn an oath never to remove it as long as I remain in the Playground (unless Saint Nil decides to permanently rejoin). It's not been nearly long enough to see whether I will keep my oath, but you can be sure that years from now, that line will remain in my signature. That's my Lawfulness.

Murska
2009-09-03, 06:00 PM
Saint Nil! You're here! And you have your old avatar back! :smallbiggrin:
Promise me that if you have to leave, you'll leave with your classic avatar on?

In my signature, I have a tribute to Saint Nil. I have sworn an oath never to remove it as long as I remain in the Playground (unless Saint Nil decides to permanently rejoin). It's not been nearly long enough to see whether I will keep my oath, but you can be sure that years from now, that line will remain in my signature. That's my Lawfulness.

Nah, the line will be gone. Since St.Nil will have decided to permanently rejoin.

At least that's what I hope. :smallsmile:

MoonBeam
2009-09-03, 06:05 PM
DO NOT VOTE OR NOMINATE MOONBEAM FOR LAW ITP ANYMORE!

I broke the contest rules unintentionally. For that, I decided to no longer candidate for Law ITP (or any other category).

Please DO NOT nominate me and change your nominations if you already did.

Thank you!

EleventhHour
2009-09-03, 06:26 PM
Chaotic.

What? I have claimant in being a paladin, yes. And I am defenitly not using some odd varient like Paladin of Freedom, though it would be a useful base for my statement.

I am Chaotic, not for being random, unpredicatable or strange, though I may be at times, but for being freespirited. Not in the sense that I'll up and leave in the middle of things, but that everything and everyone should have the opprotunity of choice, not to be sorted and filed into place.

Lawful Good might give options, Lawful Evil will try to force people into place, but law in it's purest form (As taken by D&D terms, not the English defenition.) is ordered, and neat, everyone carefully set into place.

If you feel the urge to smile at the most solemn event, you should be able to, the need to express yourself, feel free! (...though hopefully in ways that are appropriate to the associated society. Not because I want for you to conform, but to avoid being arrested. :smalleek: ) A wise man once said that a human should be able to do almost anything, for specialization is for insects, and surely you wouldn't assume me to have payed enough attention to become a specialist? :smalltongue:

Besides, you shouldn't be bound by either side of your alignment, a Chaotic Evil can do good acts, just as a Chaotic Good can preform evil, it's only in how much moderation is applied or purpose that your alignment is adjusted.
-----------

...Oh, and I totally vote nominate for Grim Ranger for Chaotic. Because nominating myself, or running when I'm so new, is too selfish for me. So that whole speach? Just for fun, you can go ahead and ignore it. :smallbiggrin:

:: (Oh, and Rienholdt. I have to nominate my Deity.)

Blue Ghost
2009-09-03, 06:40 PM
Nah, the line will be gone. Since St.Nil will have decided to permanently rejoin.

At least that's what I hope. :smallsmile:

My hope too. But then what will I do? Should I delete the line, or should I alter it? I really feel indebted to Saint Nil.

Reinholdt
2009-09-03, 06:46 PM
Chaotic.

*snip*

...Oh, and I totally vote nominate for Grim Ranger for Chaotic. Because nominating myself, or running when I'm so new, is too selfish for me. So that whole speach? Just for fun, you can go ahead and ignore it. :smallbiggrin:

:: (Oh, and Rienholdt. I have to nominate my Deity.)
:smallsmile:
*pets ears*
You're sweet.

FireFox
2009-09-03, 09:49 PM
Hey everyone, how's it going? Yeah, as you've probably guessed by now, I'm giving Lawful itP another shot this year. The more astute of you will look at all the other campaigns I've ran for and deduce that my platform is going to be the same "I have no real online fictitious persona that everyone else does and I am merely running as my mundane self" routine. The one where I try to talk about what I, as a human boy who uses the screen name of FireFox, have done both here and in other places that makes me suitable for that category. The one I use every time, and the one that only really worked out once. You would be correct in assuming that. I continue using that platform, not because it works (it doesn't :smallwink:), but because I've used it for so long it has become my habit, my modus operandi. I am a person of habit, and my every day life is scheduled and planned out according to custom. I literally could not alter any part of my carefully organized life, no more than I could try a new, probably more effective, campaign tactic. Change is my anathema.

So, how am I lawful again? I can hardly explain it. Every fiber of my being is orderly. Currently I am in the Boy Scouts of America, a Lawful organization if there ever was one. Ignoring the Good aspect of the Scouts, I love the organization of everything there. I'm the kind of guy who tries to live his life by the Scout Law. Yeah, I know a lot of troops are very loose, but in my time as Senior Patrol Leader there, I've set up a very coherent leadership web, with the Patrol Leaders reporting to me. Of course, such a claim can hardly be validated, and I'm doubting my ability to articulately explain things right now.
Let's look at what many people have refered to as a military obsession of mine. Those people closer to me know that I really, really want to be a commissioned officer. What can be more Lawful than that? The structure, the discipline, the training, every aspect of my preferred career is more Lawful than it is Chaotic, or even Neutral.
I believe very strongly in Law and Order, and it aggravates me every time I learn of somebody flaunting or hurting them. I am convinced that I am a very Lawful person, and that is the reason why I am running. My competition is the best; everyone knows Blue Ghost has a personal mission to protect and serve the Playground, and those wondering about Mordokai's fitness for this contest should look no further than his first place gold trophy for LawfulitP from last year. It may be a hopeless campaign, but I am set in my ways. I shall run, and I shall try my best to win and beat my worthy opponents, because some things never change.

FireFox for Lawful itP!

Lord Herman
2009-09-05, 12:43 PM
I've posted the nomination thread, which should be up in a day or two. Also, I've clarified the Unaligned category in the OP: it's the 4E 'alignment' that actually means a lack of alignment, not simply neutral on the law-chaos axis. Of course, it's up to you to (mis)interpret that in any way you like.

Lord Herman
2009-09-05, 02:21 PM
You can run for categories until the nominations close. So if you want to run for Law itP, go right ahead!

Moofin Bard
2009-09-05, 02:26 PM
I want to run against Murska for the 4th category if that's what it is.
I really have no alignment what so ever.
And since there's only two of us running, I'll get trophy yay!

Moofin Bard for no alignment/4th category in the playground!

Lord Herman
2009-09-05, 02:28 PM
Note that Unaligned means that you don't have an alignment. I'm all for an amusing fourth category, but let's not make it redundant.

Shadowcaller
2009-09-05, 02:31 PM
I want to run against Murska for the 4th category if that's what it is.
I really have no alignment what so ever.
And since there's only two of us running, I'll get trophy yay!

Moofin Bard for no alignment/4th category in the playground!

Wait... isn't that trophy in your signature kind of opposing that statement? :smalltongue:

Murska
2009-09-05, 02:34 PM
Fourth category is All alignments depending on the situation ITP, also known as For Epic Lulz! ITP or WAAAGH!!! ITP.

Mordokai
2009-09-05, 02:40 PM
Somebody call the Inquisition, I believe we have an Ork infestation on our hands...

lord of kobolds
2009-09-05, 04:41 PM
I figure it's about time I got myself a trophy.

LoK for lawful ITP!!

Vote for the ruler who presides over a whole species!!

Some people have the wrong idea about law. They think it means having a code of honor, and keeping your word. They think it means not resorting to trickery or betrayal. They are wrong. Law is about ruling. It is about forcing your desires upon the world, until the world outside your head has changed to match the world inside of it. It is about making sure that everything happens as you planned. It is about knowing what you want, and formulating a strategy to obtain it. It is about following through with your plan, and always knowing what to do next.

Now, there are some who say that I'm not very lawful, that I am, in fact, chaotic. They say that I am all about random meaningless destruction. But how do they know whether or not it is meaningless? I assure you, nothing I do is meaningless. Every person I wound, or maim, or kill, or kick in the shins, I do to further the one goal that almost all kobolds strive for. The elimination of all who are hostile to kobolds. Some of you may not agree that kobolds are like that, but I say "look at the myth for how kobolds were created". Some of Tiamat's eggs were smashed, and out of them came Kurtulmak and the kobolds. They were charged with eliminating all who wouuld defile the eggs.

Think back on the D Wars. Who was always the one who organized the army? Who did the recruiting? Who thought up the strategies, planned the double-crosses, and coordinated the attacks? Me. Oh, sure, the other side tended to have one or two people organizing things, but I was always the one who drew the battle lines. I decided who would fight who. I designed the castles. I laid the plans, and I had everyone dance to my tune.

(insert dramatic theme music) So remember, vote for the one who calls the shots. Vote for the strategist, the schemer, the tyrant. (dramatic theme music comes to a climax) Vote for the ruler who presides over a whole species. (dramatic theme music stops) Vote for lord of kobolds.

Hell Puppi
2009-09-05, 10:51 PM
http://photos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs161.snc1/6015_1178767840065_1554233971_30452293_2951613_n.j pg

I can't tell whether these put me in the chaotic or neutral category.....

Hyozo
2009-09-06, 12:40 PM
Hmm... I could run for Chaotic ITP, but I don't really feel like it. I'll probably vote for Shadowwhisperer, since his speech is the shortest and least boring, but then again, you can never be sure.

Moofin Bard
2009-09-06, 12:44 PM
Wait... isn't that trophy in your signature kind of opposing that statement? :smalltongue:

Psh no.
Neutral just means I'm neither good nor evil.
So there.

Shadowcaller
2009-09-06, 01:13 PM
Psh no.
Neutral just means I'm neither good nor evil.
So there.

In my understanding of the words, no alignment means that you don't have any alignment, including neutral as it's on the alignment Axel.

Moofin Bard
2009-09-06, 01:42 PM
In my understanding of the words, no alignment means that you don't have any alignment, including neutral as it's on the alignment Axel.

Well it's not even a no alignment category.
It's just a whatever alignment suits you.

Murska
2009-09-06, 01:44 PM
The category is that your alignment is whichever alignment happens to be funny at the moment. So technically it could be termed 'all alignments'. :smallbiggrin:

Radical Contextualism! Murska for the win!

Dallas-Dakota
2009-09-06, 02:52 PM
Obviously I'm good!
But then again, I'm evil.
And I'm also Ebil, very ebil! I'm the ebil llamas ebil minion!

Though I've had a long standing history of being Neutral, (a long time member of NO too)

One thing I've never been or even claimed to be (As some people think is the case with evil) is lawfull.

I'm obviously just chaotic. Very chaotic.

SO you should just go vote DD for Chaotic ITP!

Lord Herman
2009-09-07, 08:02 AM
The nomination thread is up. Linky!

Mordokai
2009-09-07, 08:27 AM
Remember people, despite the lack of speech, I still am planning to candidate for Law in the Playground. So... nominate me :smallbiggrin:

Moofin Bard
2009-09-07, 03:47 PM
So yeah vote(nominate) Moofin Bard for fourth category itp!

It's because I am all the alignments ever!

Lord Herman
2009-09-07, 05:01 PM
To enhance the conceptualness of the fourth category of this contest, the name of the category will be determined by the voters this time. At the end of the nomination round I will count which name has been used most for the fourth category in the nominations, and that name will be in the polls.

Edit: This also means you can campaign for a name of the fourth category, for extra meta-lulz!

MoonBeam
2009-09-07, 06:20 PM
DO NOT NOMINATE ME, PLEASE! (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6857327&postcount=28)

Dirk Kris
2009-09-07, 06:29 PM
Nominate Dirk Kris for 4th Category Alignment! Because someone needs to beat Murska.

EleventhHour
2009-09-07, 06:39 PM
I was pretty sure that I had decided not to run... :smallconfused:
Well... I like votes anyway. Because they have my name. :smallbiggrin:

Reinholdt
2009-09-07, 06:43 PM
I was pretty sure that I had decided not to run... :smallconfused:
Well... I like votes anyway. Because they have my name. :smallbiggrin:
Hey. Can't let down my worshipers. :smallwink:

That and I like seeing new names in the polls. Spread the fun and all that.

Ashen Lilies
2009-09-09, 05:53 AM
KID KRIS is no longer running for Chaos ITP. Good Night!

Murska
2009-09-09, 11:04 AM
Hmm. I vote for either Murska ITP or Honest and truthful person who would never ever backstab you ITP. I know they're pretty much synonyms but variation in choices is good, right?

Blue Ghost
2009-09-09, 07:14 PM
I don't like the idea of a fourth category altogether, but if there is one, I vote Murska ITP. Even better if no one votes for Murska. :smallbiggrin:

MoonBeam
2009-09-10, 06:18 AM
As for the 4th category title, I vote for Whatever ITP.

Mordokai
2009-09-12, 06:03 AM
I get the feeling wxdruid is trying to tell me something with her votes...

wxdruid
2009-09-12, 06:06 AM
Do you think? Really? :smalltongue: :smallamused:

Mordokai
2009-09-12, 06:09 AM
Then again, I've never been really good with this whole "thinking" thingamajig... :smalltongue:

wxdruid
2009-09-12, 06:11 AM
No, especially not when you're ... well, behind the black curtain. Arha is the lord and master of that. :smalltongue:

There is an obscure book reference in my nomination post as well.

Mordokai
2009-09-12, 06:22 AM
All I can find is something linked to Marvel comics, but I'm honestly not sure if that's what you mean.

And the less be said about black curtain, the better :smalltongue:

lord of kobolds
2009-09-12, 10:25 AM
I get the feeling wxdruid is trying to tell me something with her votes...

You haven't been the most consistent person. By which I mean the only constant that I can find is lechery:smalltongue:

Blue Ghost
2009-09-12, 04:27 PM
I'm not sure what's going on here, but I would have to agree with LoK. You haven't been quite so Lawful, Mordokai, but I may still vote for you due to your courageous stance in Tempt Mordokai.
As for the lechery, I'm not sure how promiscuous you've been, but I must say, you don't seem to be the model of devoted love that I originally thought you were. Maybe I'm wrong though.

Dallas-Dakota
2009-09-12, 04:40 PM
Weeeh. Vote DD for Chaos ITP.

*runs of thread* *Elan style*

wxdruid
2009-09-12, 06:04 PM
Nope, not from Marvel. From a series of books written back in the mid to late 80's. They're probably out of print by now, *sigh* well, looking them up, they seem to be in reprint with a new cover. So, not completely gone from sight.

The Initiate (http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Initiate/Louise-Cooper/e/9780812533927/?itm=36)
The Outcast (http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Outcast/Louise-Cooper/e/9780812519730/?itm=9&usri=1)
and The Master (http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Master/Louise-Cooper/e/9780812533965/?itm=8&usri=1)

The ones I linked above are to the old (more favored) book covers and the ones I actually have. I'm currently rereading the series for the 10? or so time?

Lord Herman
2009-09-14, 09:07 AM
The results of the nominations are in. Linky! (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6925890&postcount=22)

Grim ranger
2009-09-15, 02:47 AM
Heh heh heh...at least I will get a trophy now :smallbiggrin:

Thanks for all who voted me :smallsmile:

Lord Herman
2009-09-16, 06:25 AM
Everyone but Lord Magtok has accepted their nomination. I'm giving Magtok one more day. After that, his spot goes to the next person in line.

banjo1985
2009-09-16, 06:36 AM
I didn't even realise this contest was running until I got the nomination PM.

Thanks for the nomination guys, if you consider my random joking around and proclamations of inutterable boulderdash to be chaotic, then so be it. :smallbiggrin:

lord of kobolds
2009-09-16, 07:53 AM
The kobolds shall triumph!!!
And I'll get a trophy:smallbiggrin:

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2009-09-16, 08:09 AM
Thanks to everyone who voted me for LULZ ITP. Hmmmm.....now what do I do??

Lord Magtok
2009-09-16, 01:48 PM
Everyone but Lord Magtok has accepted their nomination. I'm giving Magtok one more day. After that, his spot goes to the next person in line.

Pass it along, then. I don't think I fit unaligned in the slightest.

Dallas-Dakota
2009-09-16, 02:56 PM
Thanks to everyone who voted me for LULZ ITP. Hmmmm.....now what do I do??
Candy Land beckons you!
Has anybody seen Griever lately? :smallfrown:

The Bookworm
2009-09-16, 03:55 PM
No, you're evil. This is the structured games subforum, though, so everyone decided to join the bandwagon! :smalltongue:

Recaiden
2009-09-16, 06:23 PM

Magtok!:smallfurious: I have to actually run now.

Blue Ghost
2009-09-16, 06:32 PM
Recaiden, you can just decline the nomination, you know. Why did you run for Unaligned in the first place? You're clearly Good, if not perfect (but who is?).

Lord of Kobolds, I am pitting my all against you. Good shall triumph over Evil once again.

Recaiden
2009-09-16, 06:40 PM
No, I already accepted. And I never ran, did I? :smalltongue: Or if I did, it was because I can't seem to get any good done, much as I believe in it.

Blue Ghost
2009-09-16, 06:44 PM
No, I already accepted. And I never ran, did I? :smalltongue: Or if I did, it was because I can't seem to get any good done, much as I believe in it.

You posted a line saying "Recaiden for Unaligned" in your first post in this thread, so technically you did run.
Can't seem to get any good done? Look at the doll and the avatars you made me, and all the dolls in the Playgrounders' signatures. I consider that more good than anything I've ever accomplished here.

Recaiden
2009-09-16, 06:59 PM
You're right. I was just too hungry to think clearly. Other than that, I have at least 2 good acts.:smallsmile: But they're secrets.
Oh, and I ran for unaligned because although I'm lawful, I'm trying not to be. I never ran for neutral, so I can be unaligned good.
I'd like to thank everyone and also Magtok for giving me this opportunity.:smalltongue:

lord of kobolds
2009-09-17, 09:59 AM
Lord of Kobolds, I am pitting my all against you. Good shall triumph over Evil once again.

Then let the battle begin. BG vs. LoK. May the best kobold win.

billtodamax
2009-09-17, 04:56 PM
I see what you did thar.

Lord Herman
2009-09-18, 05:15 AM
The polls are now open. Linky!

Recaiden
2009-09-18, 06:37 AM
Then let the battle begin. BG vs. LoK. May the best kobold win.

How do you know he isn't a kobold under those robes? Besides, it's me you have to worry about, isn't it?

banjo1985
2009-09-18, 07:27 AM
My vote goes to Grim Ranger for Chaos, for one simple reason. Out of me, Cristo and Grim, he's the only one to have done the slightest bit of actual campaigning. :smalltongue:

Lord Herman
2009-09-18, 07:33 AM
My own computer is at the computer hospital with a severe case of borkedness, and the computer I'm on right now won't run illustrator. That means I won't be able to make proper trophies for at least another two weeks.

The polls will end as scheduled, and there will be stand-in trophies made in glorious technicolor MS Paint. When my computer gets back from the hospital, I'll make some proper trophies.

lord of kobolds
2009-09-18, 04:31 PM
How do you know he isn't a kobold under those robes? Besides, it's me you have to worry about, isn't it?

No, I'm running for Law. You're just my nemesis. *kickinnashin*

Blue Ghost
2009-09-18, 06:17 PM

It's a distinct possibility. I could be anything, really.

Recaiden
2009-09-18, 06:18 PM
No, I'm running for Law. You're just my nemesis. *kickinnashin*

Please. You're no nemesis.
* lightly pushes out of the way. *

Murska
2009-09-19, 05:40 AM
My vote goes to Grim Ranger for Chaos, for one simple reason. Out of me, Cristo and Grim, he's the only one to have done the slightest bit of actual campaigning. :smalltongue:

Well, I'm the only one to have campaigned for MursLulz ITP AND I made up the whole category, and still I'm last. :smallbiggrin:

lord of kobolds
2009-09-19, 11:02 AM
It's a distinct possibility. I could be anything, really.

If you were a kobold, you would have a tail. And a different head shape. And unquestioning obedience to me.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2009-09-19, 11:19 AM
I'll give campaigning a try.

Why should you vote Atreyu for LULZ ITP?? Because he's attempted to bring the lulz for quite for time. All the way back as far as Werewolf V, he started the point at Exachix game, he's also brought memorable characters such as El Puppito and The +1 Badger on a Stick to the playground. He tries to bring Lulz in his narrations and posts and to his delight, many of you seem to think he succeeds.

he's even worked hard to bring the Lulz to the various ITP's, including starting the Gooneutbil and Mr Scruffy categories on ITP contests.

http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n141/maskedllama/EBILNursery.gif

http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n141/maskedllama/ebillyre.png

Murska
2009-09-19, 12:14 PM
But I define the category I made as being all alignments according to which one is more fun. You should bring that point out more in your speech. :smallbiggrin:

Blue Ghost
2009-09-19, 01:49 PM
If you were a kobold, you would have a tail. And a different head shape. And unquestioning obedience to me.

My hood gives me alter self at will. And not all kobolds obey you unquestioningly. In fact, I just heard rumor of a rebellion brewing down at Cavern 23. You may want to go put it down.
But I probably am not a kobold. I'm not telling though.

Lord Magtok
2009-09-21, 03:14 PM
Magtok!:smallfurious: I have to actually run now.

Bwahahahaha-

I'd like to thank everyone and also Magtok for giving me this opportunity.

-haha-WHAT? Darn you, how am I supposed to get in a decent evil laugh if you thank me for what I do?!

Dallas-Dakota
2009-09-21, 03:16 PM
Cuz...

*huggle-traps Magtok*

Weeeh!

Blue Ghost
2009-09-22, 10:20 PM
I am announcing my resignation from this contest. By coming this far and winning second place in the nominations, I have already achieved my purpose, and I do not need to accomplish more. Furthermore, I feel that my presence in the polls is impeding our good paladin Mordokai, and a victory for him will be a victory for Lawful Good, and a victory for me.

I thank everyone who voted for me. I ask that if you will, please change your vote to Mordokai. Despite some shortcomings, I feel that he is a better representative of Lawful Good than I am, and I wish to see Good win out over Evil again.

happyturtle
2009-09-22, 11:07 PM
But I think you're more lawful than Mordy. :smallconfused:

Lord Herman
2009-09-23, 04:54 AM
I'm not stopping you from dropping out, Blue Ghost, but I think it's terrible poor manners to leave the contest when you've already accepted your nomination. If you had rejected your nomination, someone else could have taken your place in the polls - if I'd replace you with someone else now they'd have no chance of seriously competing. Furthermore, trying to get people to change their votes to Mordokai seems grossly unfair to lord of kobolds.

As I've said before, if you don't intend to win in the polls, don't accept your nomination. You don't run anyway just so you can 'give' the contest to someone you think is more deserving. The voters should decide who wins, and they should have three choices, not just two serious ones and one who's going to drop out anyway.

Sometimes running this contest feels like herding cats. :smallsigh:

Dallas-Dakota
2009-09-23, 04:56 AM
And we all know that you made these contests to get away from your job.....Herding cats...

lord of kobolds
2009-09-23, 11:15 AM
I still might be able to pull this off. I'll need to step uup my campaigning a bit, but I might win. I hope.

Shadowcaller
2009-09-23, 11:45 AM
But I think you're more lawful than Mordy. :smallconfused:

Wait... mordy is lawful?:smallconfused:

Mordokai
2009-09-23, 12:47 PM
*smacks Shadowcaller*

That's what you get for being smartypants.

And for not capitalising my nick.

Blue Ghost
2009-09-23, 05:50 PM
I'm not stopping you from dropping out, Blue Ghost, but I think it's terrible poor manners to leave the contest when you've already accepted your nomination. If you had rejected your nomination, someone else could have taken your place in the polls - if I'd replace you with someone else now they'd have no chance of seriously competing. Furthermore, trying to get people to change their votes to Mordokai seems grossly unfair to lord of kobolds.

As I've said before, if you don't intend to win in the polls, don't accept your nomination. You don't run anyway just so you can 'give' the contest to someone you think is more deserving. The voters should decide who wins, and they should have three choices, not just two serious ones and one who's going to drop out anyway.

Sometimes running this contest feels like herding cats. :smallsigh:

All right then, I guess I'll stay. Sorry, I didn't quite know what was expected of me.

Lord Herman
2009-09-24, 04:39 AM
All right then, I guess I'll stay. Sorry, I didn't quite know what was expected of me.

My apologies for coming off a bit harsh. I'd just waken up when I wrote that. I appreciate your not dropping out, and I'll see if I can clarify the rules on the matter.

Edit: Done. I hope the rules are a bit clearer now.

Lord Herman
2009-09-25, 06:55 AM
There is a tie for Lulz itP! Head over to the Polls thread to cast your vote in the tie-breaker!

Lord Herman
2009-09-26, 12:18 PM
The results are in! Sadly, my computer still isn't back from the computer hospital, so it'll be another week or two before I can make any proper trophies. But never fear! I'm working on stand-in trophies in glorious MS Paint! They'll be up within the hour, so stay tuned.

Lord Herman
2009-09-26, 01:01 PM
These are temporary trophies, to be replaced by proper ones when my computer is fixed.

Law in the Playground

http://img186.imageshack.us/img186/7536/lawgold.gif
With 9 votes, lord of kobolds is voted Lawfullest in the Playground!

http://img186.imageshack.us/img186/2102/lawsilver.gifhttp://home.planet.nl/~hdgoede/tdg/StickArt/Contests/MagtokAward.png
The second lawfullest playgrounder is Mordokai, who got 6 votes. He also gets a Magtok Award.

http://img297.imageshack.us/img297/4969/lawbronze.gif
Blue Ghost is third with 5 votes.

Chaos in the Playground

http://img178.imageshack.us/img178/1528/chaosgold.gif
Grim ranger wins the Chaos category with 12 votes!

http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/8797/chaossilver.gifhttp://home.planet.nl/~hdgoede/tdg/StickArt/Contests/MagtokAward.png
With 6 votes, Cristo Meyers wins the silver trophy and a Magtok Award!

http://img297.imageshack.us/img297/44/chaosbronze.gif
banjo1985 has 4 votes, and wins bronze.

Unaligned in the Playground

http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/3822/unalignedgold.gif
Reinholdt wins gold with 13 votes!

http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/5687/unalignedsilver.gif
With 5 votes, The Bookworm gets silver.

http://img186.imageshack.us/img186/4122/unalignedbronze.gif
Recaiden wins bronze with 4 votes.

Lulz in the Playground

http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/9545/lulzgold.gif
happyturtle wins Lulz in the Playground! She got 8 votes, and 9 votes in the tie breaker.

http://img186.imageshack.us/img186/1706/lulzsilver.gifhttp://home.planet.nl/~hdgoede/tdg/StickArt/Contests/MagtokAward.png
Atreyu was first in the polls, but had only 8 votes in the tie breaker after being tied with happyturtle. He gets silver, and a Magtok Award.

http://img297.imageshack.us/img297/6526/lulzbronze.gif
With 3 votes, Murska gets bronze.

Ashen Lilies
2009-09-26, 08:23 PM
The new trophies are awesome. :smallwink:
*eats waffle*
*briefly wonders what the next contest will be*
Heroes and Villains 2009!

Blue Ghost
2009-09-26, 08:47 PM
*imbues waffles with arcane energy*
Waffles of bear's endurance! Now that's a new idea!

As for the next contest, I have a few (probably crazy) ideas.

Elements ITP 2009 (I really want a Water ITP trophy!) Alternatively, use the oriental elements instead of the Hellenistic ones.

Primary colors ITP, followed by secondary colors ITP (I'll be running for orange... not.)

MTG Colors ITP (more philosophically oriented than regular colors)

Playgrounders ITP--first we'd have a round of voting to determine the Playgrounders to name the categories after, then we vote Playgrounders for the categories as normal. (You won't be able to run for your own category, of course.)

Reinholdt
2009-09-26, 08:51 PM
Whee!
Thanks everyone.
And Herman, I love the trophy. :smallbiggrin:

Grim ranger
2009-09-27, 02:13 AM
*imbues waffles with arcane energy*
Waffles of bear's endurance! Now that's a new idea!

As for the next contest, I have a few (probably crazy) ideas.

Elements ITP 2009 (I really want a Water ITP trophy!) Alternatively, use the oriental elements instead of the Hellenistic ones.

Primary colors ITP, followed by secondary colors ITP (I'll be running for orange... not.)

MTG Colors ITP (more philosophically oriented than regular colors)

Playgrounders ITP--first we'd have a round of voting to determine the Playgrounders to name the categories after, then we vote Playgrounders for the categories as normal. (You won't be able to run for your own category, of course.)

I loooove the last idea :smallamused:. If it is going to happen, I want a category after myself! :smallbiggrin:

Thanks for all who voted for me! Finally I am golden in something :smalltongue:

Dallas-Dakota
2009-09-27, 03:47 AM
Already done twice, maybe thrice.

But still always a popular idea.

banjo1985
2009-09-27, 03:49 AM
Cool I has a fuzzy trophy! I actually think they look pretty spiffy.

Congrats Grim, you deserved that one I think, I'm not the most chatoic of people...I'm too predictable. :smalltongue:

Ashen Lilies
2009-09-27, 04:40 AM
I dunno... I still like the idea of a Heroes/Villains ITP 2009. You know, one of the classics. >.>
*shakes fist at Cristo*

Mordokai
2009-09-27, 06:50 AM
How about Pervert, Flirt and Seducer in the Playground?

I think it would make for an interesting change of pace and a nice one at that :smallbiggrin: And I would have a nice chance of winning the Perver award... buuuut, that's beside the point :smalltongue:

Fredthefighter
2009-09-27, 09:41 AM
I dunno... I still like the idea of a Heroes/Villains ITP 2009. You know, one of the classics. >.>
*shakes fist at Cristo*

I'd like to do that one too. It sounds like fun.

Plus, you know, I'd probably run for Hero. :smallbiggrin:

MoonBeam
2009-09-27, 05:01 PM
*shakes fist at Cristo*

Now that's a good idea!

Just remember to add Anti Hero and Anti Villain to blur the lines a bit.

Recaiden
2009-09-27, 05:02 PM
Hero, Villain, Anti-Hero, Anti-Villain, and Bystander?

Dallas-Dakota
2009-09-27, 05:06 PM
Hero, Villain, Anti-Hero, Anti-Villain, and Bystander?
Lurker.:smalltongue:

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2009-09-27, 06:00 PM
Cale ITP
Richard ITP
Gid ITP

Blue Ghost
2009-09-27, 07:21 PM
Already done twice, maybe thrice.

But still always a popular idea.

Really? I don't recall seeing it in the archives.

EDIT: Just checked back in the archives and saw it. Huh, I probably just didn't pay attention to it the first time around.

I suppose another round of Heroes/Villains ITP wouldn't be too bad, but I'll probably sit out on this one. Still propounding all the ideas I listed though.

happyturtle
2009-09-27, 07:29 PM
Hero/Villain is awfully similar to Good/Evil, which we just did.

Art Forms itp:
Literature, Art, Music, Cinema

The Bookworm
2009-09-27, 08:04 PM
I'm now running for Literature itP, regardless of if that's ever a category!

billtodamax
2009-09-27, 08:53 PM
Hero/Villain is awfully similar to Good/Evil, which we just did.

Art Forms itp:
Literature, Art, Music, Cinema

QFT*2 Yes.

Ashen Lilies
2009-09-28, 04:41 AM
Hero, Villain, Anti-Hero, Anti-Villain, Sidekick and Bystander?

Fixed! For despite slight differences in morals and methods, most anti-heroes are still heroes, and ditto for villains. Plus, you know, sidekicks are(n't) heroes/villains too!

HT: Not necessarily... I like your idea though.

Lord Herman
2009-09-28, 04:49 AM
Really? I don't recall seeing it in the archives.

EDIT: Just checked back in the archives and saw it. Huh, I probably just didn't pay attention to it the first time around.

It's only been done once, though, and that was quite a while ago.

happyturtle
2009-09-28, 01:39 PM
I bet music would be the most heavily contested.

Cristo Meyers
2009-09-28, 02:38 PM
How about Pervert, Flirt and Seducer in the Playground?

I think it would make for an interesting change of pace and a nice one at that :smallbiggrin: And I would have a nice chance of winning the Perver award... buuuut, that's beside the point :smalltongue:

Awww, you remembered :smalltongue:

Mordokai
2009-09-28, 02:40 PM
I told you I would.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2009-09-28, 05:00 PM
Bronze Era ITP
Stone Age ITP
Modern Age ITP

Supagoof
2009-09-29, 10:06 AM
Llama ITP
Duck ITP
Bunny ITP

:smallamused:
Let's see Atreyu not win that one. Campaign your way into not taking the award home for that competition. :smallbiggrin:

Grim ranger
2009-09-29, 10:09 AM
Badasses in the playground? Ideas for categories:

Badass Normal
Badass Abnormal
Badass Longcoat

Fan
2009-09-29, 12:13 PM
Fixed! For despite slight differences in morals and methods, most anti-heroes are still heroes, and ditto for villains. Plus, you know, sidekicks are(n't) heroes/villains too!

HT: Not necessarily... I like your idea though.

We did Side Kicks last year, and Anti Hero was requested by not only myself, but FOE as well...

So can we please keep it as is? :insert Happy's infernally cute eyes here:

Dallas-Dakota
2009-09-29, 12:29 PM
Llama ITP
Duck ITP
Bunny ITP

:smallamused:
Let's see Atreyu not win that one. Campaign your way into not taking the award home for that competition. :smallbiggrin:
I support this.
http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i278/wolfshonor/llamas/cookiellamaa.gif

lord of kobolds
2009-09-29, 12:38 PM

I like these two ideas, although I am loathe to agree with BG:smallyuk:

I also think that it could be fun to revisit the race itp, since I could totally win kobolds.

Ashen Lilies
2009-09-30, 05:49 AM
We did Side Kicks last year, and Anti Hero was requested by not only myself, but FOE as well...

So can we please keep it as is? :insert Happy's infernally cute eyes here:

"Didn't stop you from winning a trophy for the normal hero field (using your status as anti-hero as a platform)." He added shrewdly. :smalltongue:

Colors ITP would be a nice one to revisit as well. I've always wanted to run for Red ITP... :smallcool:

Grim ranger
2009-09-30, 06:05 AM
"Didn't stop you from winning a trophy for the normal hero field (using your status as anti-hero as a platform)." He added shrewdly. :smalltongue:

Colors ITP would be a nice one to revisit as well. I've always wanted to run for Red ITP... :smallcool:

I support this idea! I would definitely run for Black ITP :smallbiggrin:

Blue Ghost
2009-09-30, 05:44 PM
And I'll be running for Orange, as previously stated. :smalltongue: (No, not really.)

UncleWolf
2009-09-30, 05:45 PM
I'll run for Gray. :smallbiggrin:

Murska
2009-09-30, 05:48 PM
GREEN is good!

wxdruid
2009-09-30, 05:53 PM
Yeah, I'm a black or green person... I wear black at home and BDU green to work.

happyturtle
2009-09-30, 06:19 PM
My favourite colour is yellow.

Reinholdt
2009-09-30, 06:23 PM
Mah precious eyes. >.<
You would like yellow, wouldn't you?

happyturtle
2009-09-30, 06:46 PM
It represents hope, which is my strongest asset. :smallsmile:

And you don't get to complain about eye hurtage when you're wearing that avatar.

The Bookworm
2009-09-30, 07:32 PM
I'm running for Literature itP, regardless of what the options are. :biggrin:

Recaiden
2009-09-30, 08:13 PM
And I'll be running for Orange, as previously stated. :smalltongue: (No, not really.)

Good, I'll have less competition for Blue.

lord of kobolds
2009-10-01, 06:53 PM
It represents hope, which is my strongest asset. :smallsmile:

And you don't get to complain about eye hurtage when you're wearing that avatar.

He still has one eye left.

happyturtle
2009-10-01, 06:59 PM
Yes, but according to the backstory, he's a masochist and did it to himself. So he has some nerve complaining about my yellow text.

Reinholdt
2009-10-01, 07:03 PM
*cries and jabs other eye out*
No more yellow!

Blue Ghost
2009-10-01, 07:13 PM
*cries and jabs other eye out*
No more yellow!

Wait, if you jab your other eye out, then you'll have X's in both eyes. That means you're dead.

EleventhHour
2009-10-01, 07:55 PM
I'd run for SilveritP. :smalltongue:

Reinholdt
2009-10-01, 07:55 PM
Wait, if you jab your other eye out, then you'll have X's in both eyes. That means you're dead.
Hmm...
Hmmmmmmm....
That is an acceptable loss.

wxdruid
2009-10-01, 08:17 PM
.... or that you are blind in both eyes... :smalltongue:

lord of kobolds
2009-10-02, 02:05 PM
No, that would be if he has a pair of black glasses.

Dallas-Dakota
2009-10-02, 02:09 PM
Good, I'll have less competition for Blue.
I haven't seen Reina in ages, so I'm going to win this time.:smallamused:

''Com'on!''

Murska
2009-10-02, 02:09 PM
Orkz iz green, Trukkz iz red, 'umies iz a laugh... until they'z all dead!

Fan
2009-10-02, 03:05 PM
Yeah, I'll run for Blackitp. Not like a care, being the utter lack of color and all.:smallwink::smalltongue:

wxdruid
2009-10-02, 03:17 PM
Black is already the best color. Most of my closet has black clothing items. I wear black most of the time (work is a different story, I don't get to choose what to wear). I have black curtains, etc in my bedroom... Black is my preferred color, heh

Grim ranger
2009-10-02, 03:19 PM
Looks like I am going to have some serious competition for Black ITP. Bring it on! THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!!!

(Or three actually, but no more :smalltongue:)

wxdruid
2009-10-02, 03:30 PM
Yeah, I'll be submitting pictures once (and if) there's a thread for campaigning. :smallcool:

Fan
2009-10-02, 04:45 PM
Black is already the best color. Most of my closet has black clothing items. I wear black most of the time (work is a different story, I don't get to choose what to wear). I have black curtains, etc in my bedroom... Black is my preferred color, heh

Yeah, well I'm WEARING all black RIGHT NOW, you want pics? I'll do it for srs. I dyed my hair black, have a generally harsh personality that could be described as "black" if you take liberal use of the term, have a black tower, and computer monitor.

Hell, even my game system, and controller's are black.:smalltongue: (Owns a PS3, and PS2, and a PS1 that he spray painted so it could look better then the dingy gray it gives you.)

If I had a choice in buying it, it is colored black. Even when I rented a Xbox 360, you know what? It was black.:smallcool:

I have a Repo! The Genetic Oprea user name, and in case you haven't noticed, the Debt Doctor, with the Hungry Scalpel, doesn't exactly wear white. :smallamused:

wxdruid
2009-10-02, 05:03 PM
I don't and can't dye my hair due to being in the military. Otherwise, black all day and night, hehe :smallbiggrin:

Also, my avi is rather dark and black. I have my avi's of Arha, she always wears black.

Fan
2009-10-02, 05:31 PM
I don't and can't dye my hair due to being in the military. Otherwise, black all day and night, hehe :smallbiggrin:

Also, my avi is rather dark and black. I have my avi's of Arha, she always wears black.

Lelouch is wearing.. mostly black.. But I can dredge up any of my fanboy avatars, and he'll be wearing black.

I also remember one of your avatars wearing bell bottoms, and tye dye.:smalltongue:

wxdruid
2009-10-02, 05:53 PM
:smallconfused: Er, I think you're confusing me with someone else...

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i262/wxdruid/Town/ArhaNew.png
Arha avi by Vael

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i262/wxdruid/Town/GUY.pnghttp://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i262/wxdruid/Town/mea.pnghttp://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i262/wxdruid/Town/Arhawv.gif
Roderick, Phèdre and Arha (by Vael)

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i262/wxdruid/Town/HalloweenGwen.gifhttp://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i262/wxdruid/Town/Jaric.gifhttp://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i262/wxdruid/Town/DarkGwen1.png
Gwen by Fenric, Jaric by Vael, Gwen by Lord Iames

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i262/wxdruid/Town/Cassandrablackrobed.gifhttp://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i262/wxdruid/Town/Arhainrobe.gifhttp://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i262/wxdruid/Town/Arha1.gif
Cassandra by Vael, Arha and Arha by Vael

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i262/wxdruid/Town/AlexsAlena.gif
Alena by Hawkeye

and of course my current avi by Lykan

happyturtle
2009-10-02, 05:59 PM
Don't you have a kender avatar?

wxdruid
2009-10-02, 06:02 PM
Yes, one of her, her name is Tygerlilly so of course she wears colors to match the flowers. :smallamused: She has the opposite personality from myself, more like catlover's personality and of course she's a Kender!

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i262/wxdruid/Town/tygerlilly.png

Blue Ghost
2009-10-02, 06:16 PM
I haven't seen Reina in ages, so I'm going to win this time.:smallamused:

''Com'on!''

Not if I can help it. (Yes, I will indeed be running for Blue.)

happyturtle
2009-10-02, 06:32 PM
It hasn't actually been chosen as the next contest yet.

I'm still hoping for Arts itp. :smallsmile:

wxdruid
2009-10-02, 06:33 PM
Yep, we'll have to wait and see. Lord Herman gets to choose. :smallsmile: :smallcool:

Fan
2009-10-03, 03:28 AM
Yes, one of her, her name is Tygerlilly so of course she wears colors to match the flowers. :smallamused: She has the opposite personality from myself, more like catlover's personality and of course she's a Kender!

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i262/wxdruid/Town/tygerlilly.png

That's the one I meant, and aren't Kender Klepto's?

:keeps hand on wallet.:

wxdruid
2009-10-03, 03:31 AM
Heh, she's one out of many.

She's not Klepto, more like what's yours is hers, whats hers is yours, a free exchange of belongings... :smallbiggrin:

Fan
2009-10-03, 03:38 AM
Heh, she's one out of many.

She's not Klepto, more like what's yours is hers, whats hers is yours, a free exchange of belongings... :smallbiggrin:

Ah, I was under the impression it was some racial flaw, and that had kept me inches away from what I thought was a otherwise good race.

Good to hear I was wrong. /only own's the novelization of the Spelljammer books, and is therefore influenced heavily by what people have to say on a race he's never seen mechanically.

wxdruid
2009-10-03, 03:40 AM
Kender are the most amusing race to play

They're not afraid of anything and they're more than happy to safe guard your belongings for you.

Fan
2009-10-03, 03:43 AM
Kender are the most amusing race to play

They're not afraid of anything and they're more than happy to safe guard your belongings for you.

If by "safe guard" you mean "sell on the local market to a shady dealer", then I think you might be right.:smalltongue:

wxdruid
2009-10-03, 03:46 AM
Psha, no, why would she do that? Your belongings are much to interesting to try and sell. Tygerlilly has never been interested in gaining wealth. She prefers to collect interesting tidbits.

Fan
2009-10-03, 03:53 AM
Psha, no, why would she do that? Your belongings are much to interesting to try and sell. Tygerlilly has never been interested in gaining wealth. She prefers to collect interesting tidbits.

I was just picking with you there, I full well understand that how you write your character supercedes the crap they put in the books.

She does seem like a good bit of fun to role play though.:smallsmile:

I bet the party wizard hated her.:smalltongue:

wxdruid
2009-10-03, 04:00 AM
That made me think of a funny story.

They were on a ship. The mage had his own cabin that he kept locked and marked. She tried hanging off the railing to look and see if he had a window, but no, no window. Finally she got her best friend Kethend (small bronze dragon) to go with her. He unlocked the door. As she put her hand on the knob, the mage came running. She looked all innocent, But...but we just wanted to look inside! The mage was all irritated and Kethend closed the door again and arcane locked it with his own magic. hehe. The mage was quite upset when he found he couldn't get inside. We all had a good laugh. They were all tolerant of her antics.

In the DragonLance books, Kender are interested in wandering and finding interesting things to collect. They aren't after money, or only interested in it, in the fact that it's shiny and copper is her favorite sort.

In Kendermore, the Kender homeland, if something stays in your house for a week, it's a family heirloom.

Fan
2009-10-03, 04:03 AM
Ah, that's where they differenate from Spelljammer Kender.

There, they are annoying kelptomaniac's who steal for money, and have to make will saves to avoid picking pockets as they walk down the street.:smallyuk:

wxdruid
2009-10-03, 04:05 AM
Tygerlilly has quite a collection.

One day they put into port. She came back with a short sword and a ton of copper pieces. She handed over the short sword to someone and sat down on the deck to happily count her copper pieces. She put them in neat little piles of 10 each, til the ship moved and knocked them down and she'd promptly start over again.

Fan
2009-10-03, 04:06 AM
Tygerlilly has quite a collection.

One day they put into port. She came back with a short sword and a ton of copper pieces. She handed over the short sword to someone and sat down on the deck to happily count her copper pieces. She put them in neat little piles of 10 each, til the ship moved and knocked them down and she'd promptly start over again.

Poor girl, still, must've been quite fun roleplaying her. :smallsmile:

Your quite lucky to have the ability to make all these memorable characters that hold your interest, I get lucky to have maybe 20 ideas, and get to stay interested in all of 1 of them.

wxdruid
2009-10-03, 04:10 AM
It was even more fun when Kethend got big enough to ride! I'd even put ranks in it for her. hehe Surprised the DM with that one, but I'd been planning on it. What Kender wouldn't want to ride a dragon!

I've had characters in Town that others loved and one or two that they hated and wanted to kill and obliterate them. Always amusing.

Fan
2009-10-03, 04:13 AM
It was even more fun when Kethend got big enough to ride! I'd even put ranks in it for her. hehe Surprised the DM with that one, but I'd been planning on it. What Kender wouldn't want to ride a dragon!

I've had characters in Town that others loved and one or two that they hated and wanted to kill and obliterate them. Always amusing.

Ah, but the more people want a evil character dead, the more your doing it right.:smallwink:

At least in the case of the Big Bad type of evil's.:smalltongue:

Anyways, thread derailment aside, I think this will be a fierce competition IF it's another round of colors.

wxdruid
2009-10-03, 04:14 AM
Yes, last time I wasn't around for the colors...

Dallas-Dakota
2009-10-03, 09:58 AM
Not if I can help it. (Yes, I will indeed be running for Blue.)

Heh, good luck, you'l need it.
It hasn't actually been chosen as the next contest yet.

I'm still hoping for Arts itp. :smallsmile:
So do I, as a art student and OOTS-style avatarist.:smallwink:

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2009-10-03, 10:53 AM
WCW ITP???

Ric Flair ITP
Sting ITP
NWO ITP

happyturtle
2009-10-05, 06:40 AM
If colors is the next choice, what would they be?

I'd vote the three primaries, three secondaries, white, and black, which would take only two contests.

UncleWolf
2009-10-05, 08:34 AM
No gray or silver? :smallfrown:

EleventhHour
2009-10-05, 10:18 AM
I think Race in the Playground could be fun...

We could have ;

ElfitP
Halflingitp
Humanitp
Feliditp ( >.> )
Drowitp
Orcitp
So on...

UncleWolf
2009-10-05, 11:44 AM

We could have ;

ElfitP
Halflingitp
Humanitp
Feliditp ( >.> )
Drowitp
Orcitp
So on...

Add in Wolfen, and I'm game. <.<

Dallas-Dakota
2009-10-05, 12:31 PM

We could have ;

ElfitP
Halflingitp
Humanitp
Feliditp ( >.> )
Drowitp
Orcitp
So on...
You mean this?

Shas' (Elf) ITP
Herman(halfling) ITP
Human (Bor) ITP
Castaras(Drow) ITP
Ganurath(orc) ITP

Or am I just that old now?:smallconfused::smalltongue::smallcool:

billtodamax
2009-10-05, 08:18 PM
You screwed up your formatting for the Humanitp formatting thingy you did DD. you put the name in the brackets instead of the race.
<.<
>.>

Ashen Lilies
2009-10-06, 06:05 AM
No gray or silver? :smallfrown:

The concept of winning a gold trophy for Silver ITP is too delicious not to pass up...

horngeek
2009-10-06, 06:08 AM
DragonsitP.

I'm running for Gold.

lord of kobolds
2009-10-06, 06:59 AM

We could have ;

ElfitP
Halflingitp
Humanitp
Feliditp ( >.> )
Drowitp
Orcitp
So on...

Kobolds...

<.<
>.>

Dallas-Dakota
2009-10-06, 07:49 AM
You screwed up your formatting for the Humanitp formatting thingy you did DD. you put the name in the brackets instead of the race.
<.<
>.>
Did I?

I can't see it...

*checks normal formatting*

Nope, I didn't.

Reinholdt
2009-10-06, 09:12 AM
The concept of winning a gold trophy for Silver ITP is too delicious not to pass up...
Then... wouldn't the goal of the contest be to win Silver? :smallbiggrin:
Interesting contest where you're trying to come in second.

UncleWolf
2009-10-06, 09:26 AM
Then... wouldn't the goal of the contest be to win Silver? :smallbiggrin:
Interesting contest where you're trying to come in second.

Genius!

We could do Trophies itp!

:smallbiggrin:

Shas aia Toriia
2009-10-12, 09:38 AM
*Stuff about old Species ITP contest*

yeah, but don't forget that we've also done all of the "new" contests as remakes of old ones.

Dallas-Dakota
2009-10-12, 10:10 AM
Oh mai, it'sa Shas. Haven't seen you in some time.

And yeah, but those people really are ''---'' ITP to me...

Firestar27
2010-01-11, 10:12 PM
So when is the next contest actually starting? I've been a year out of them, and I'm looking to compete again. (So you'd better all watch out. :smallwink:)
And the topic? It's been a while since the discussion here... :smalltongue:
And I can't believe I missed Lawful ITP. I wanted to rerun after losing in 2008...
I'll just wait for next year then. :smalltongue:

Dallas-Dakota
2010-01-12, 05:43 AM
Probably when Herman is less busy with RL/Uni(or college).