PDA

View Full Version : [Saga] Improved Fold Space

Fixer
2009-09-02, 07:35 AM
If you have the Improved Fold Space talent/secret/whatever it's called, and you are driving around in a landspeeder; can you use your Fold Space ability, spend the Force Point, and teleport yourself, the landspeeder, and anything it is carrying (within reason) to any location on the planet?

That is how I am reading it and I want to know if this has come up before.

NEO|Phyte
2009-09-02, 11:31 AM
If you have the Improved Fold Space talent/secret/whatever it's called, and you are driving around in a landspeeder; can you use your Fold Space ability, spend the Force Point, and teleport yourself, the landspeeder, and anything it is carrying (within reason) to any location on the planet?

That is how I am reading it and I want to know if this has come up before.

You can teleport the speeder to anywhere you have Line of Sight. Make it a Destiny Point and you can go anywhere in the star system.

If you wanna get REAL crazy, get Folded Space Mastery and be able to use Fold Space to go wherever the hell you want.

Jack Zander
2009-09-02, 11:36 AM
You can teleport the speeder to anywhere you have Line of Sight. Make it a Destiny Point and you can go anywhere in the star system.

If you wanna get REAL crazy, get Folded Space Mastery and be able to use Fold Space to go wherever the hell you want.

Quit ruining my Star Wars!

Fixer
2009-09-02, 11:55 AM
If you wanna get REAL crazy, get Folded Space Mastery and be able to use Fold Space to go wherever the hell you want.What book is that in? I am working in a recurring villain.

Oh, you mean the Aing-Tii Monk talent. Yeah, he has that. Guess he doesn't need Improved Fold Space then, huh?

NEO|Phyte
2009-09-02, 11:59 AM
What book is that in? I am working in a recurring villain.

Oh, you mean the Aing-Tii Monk talent. Yeah, he has that. Guess he doesn't need Improved Fold Space then, huh?

Improved Fold Space has the benefit of not requiring you to be the pilot of the speeder, meaning you could use a Destiny Point to send a speeder that's chasing you to a different planet in the system.
:edit: or hmm, you have to be occupying a vehicle to Fold Space it. That seems silly.

Fixer
2009-09-02, 12:04 PM
Improved Fold Space has the benefit of not requiring you to be the pilot of the speeder, meaning you could use a Destiny Point to send a speeder that's chasing you to a different planet in the system.This is an NPC. I haven't really given him a Destiny other than to just be a pain in the ass to the players. So far he's killed their masters (as part of a larger Jedi assassination plot, he used a large number of droid snipers as they could have kicked his butt individually) and left his level 6 apprentice to deal with them while he takes care of business elsewhere.

Players are level 3, not optimized. It should be a pretty even fight.

Although I will probably have him keep Improved Fold Space because line of sight is a REALLY long distance when you are on level ground or flying through the air. This guy is a Pilot extraordinaire, so he won't be out of a vehicle longer than it takes to supervise, give orders, and then fly off again.