PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon RPG Solo - Zombeezy: The Hunt

Croverus
2009-09-02, 02:07 PM
A number of frightening pokemon lived in the Old Forest, hunting one another and keeping a sense of fear about the woods. The two colonies that can be found in the forest were both small but its residents kept the aggressive pokemon that used the Old Forest as hunting grounds at bay.

Deep in the woods, in the high branches of a tree, a nest of dead wood rests against the trunk. It is the resting place of Zombeezy. The sun has set and night falls, signaling a time to hunt.

Fredthefighter
2009-09-02, 03:17 PM
Zombeezy's long dead eyes flicker open, glowing eerily. In the darkness of the tree that he has made his home, they are the only source of light. One thing dwells in his mind, the urge to feed.

Zombeezy coldy and efficiently surveys the forest from his perch, searching for prey.

Croverus
2009-09-02, 03:22 PM
Below you spot several pokemon native to the forest. A handful of bug, plant, and normal types, whom you know are all wild pokemon and they travels in pairs. About 30 ft away from the tree you spot a small bird pokemon pecking around at piles of dead leaves in search of the small bug pokemon.

Fredthefighter
2009-09-02, 03:27 PM
Zombeezy weighs his options carefully.
The normal types wouldn't be able to hurt him with most of their attacks, but they travel in pairs and may have abilities that are unknown.
Then there is the bird and the bug. Most likely once one is attacked the other would flee.

Zombeezy decides that now is the time to strike.

He uses his Sneak ability. Then, on the following turn, creeps up to the small bird Pokemon (At 11 Speed) and uses his Smog power in conjunction with Suprise Attack.

Attack roll: 62

Croverus
2009-09-02, 03:37 PM
OOC: Ok, here's a thread we can roll in. Go ahead and roll the attack roll and damage roll (and any other necessary rolls like chance of poisoning and such) there all in one post. Dice rolls (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=123641)

Fredthefighter
2009-09-02, 03:43 PM
OOC: Ok, here's a thread we can roll in. Go ahead and roll the attack roll and damage roll (and any other necessary rolls like chance of poisoning and such) there all in one post. Dice rolls (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=123641)

Ah, okay.

Here are my rolls then. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6849102&postcount=2)

By the looks of that I hit, but don't poison.
Smog deals 4 damage + 2 damage for my Special Attack + 4 damage for Surprise Attack. (You said you were going to change it so that ranged Surprise Attacks could be done)
So that's 10 damage - 1 per every 10 points of Special Defense the bird Pokemon has.

Croverus
2009-09-02, 03:53 PM
The smog covers the bird pokemon and it caughs and looks abotu surprised, trying to fly up out of the smog to find who attacked it. It keeps caughing, and its movements are weak. It spots Zombeezy and squawks, ready to fight, though you're obviously faster than it so you'll get the first attack.

Fredthefighter
2009-09-02, 03:56 PM
Zombeezy uses Astonish.

Here are my rolls (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6849231&postcount=3)
Astonish hits for 5 damage, but doesn't cause flinching this time.

Croverus
2009-09-02, 04:08 PM
He cringes and flies at you, its beak is able to hurt you as it pecks at you for 6 damage, still squawking, though weakly.

Fredthefighter
2009-09-02, 04:11 PM
OOC: Zombeezy has 26 HP left.

Zombeezy cringes slightly and then strikes once more, going in for the kill with Astonish while drinking in the creature's fear.

Rolls (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6849389&postcount=5)

Astonish deals 5 more damage but once more does not cause flinching.

Croverus
2009-09-02, 04:16 PM
The pokemon flaps weakly a few more times then falls to the floor, landing with a thud as it faints.

OOC: Zombeezy gain 18 exp; he needs 132 more to level up.

Fredthefighter
2009-09-02, 04:21 PM
Okay. So that worked. I got to use most of my role abilities and most of my moves.

And I didn't get reduced to near 0 by one hit (That bird would've needed to get 6 hits in to make Zombeezy faint).

(So how much exp would he have in total? As in Amount needed for Level 5 + 18 = What?)

Croverus
2009-09-02, 04:33 PM
He evolves only once, so its 30 exp to get from 1 to 2, then he has to get 30 more than the previous level... So 30 + 60 + 90 + 120 = 300 = Level 5

And now he has 318 exp.

Fredthefighter
2009-09-02, 04:36 PM
He evolves only once, so its 30 exp to get from 1 to 2, then he has to get 30 more than the previous level... So 30 + 60 + 90 + 120 = 300 = Level 5

And now he has 318 exp.

Cool. So is that the end of the test or what? Because I'm going to log off and go to sleep.

Croverus
2009-09-02, 04:39 PM
Yeah I'll let you get some sleep. We can test out some more fighitng situations, like Zombeezey taking on a group of low levels, maybe him fighitng a wild pokemon of equal level. And possibly practice some character interaction. Like what does he do when a group of much higher levels shows up and requests he come witht ehm... or else. :smallamused:

Get some sleep, I'll be up when you wake up, I guarantee that.

Fredthefighter
2009-09-02, 04:55 PM
Yeah I'll let you get some sleep. We can test out some more fighitng situations, like Zombeezey taking on a group of low levels, maybe him fighitng a wild pokemon of equal level. And possibly practice some character interaction. Like what does he do when a group of much higher levels shows up and requests he come witht ehm... or else. :smallamused:

Get some sleep, I'll be up when you wake up, I guarantee that.

Thanks. Seeya tomorrow.

Although I won't be online Friday as I have school.