PDA

View Full Version : Glass-steel.

DoomedPaladin
2009-09-02, 02:13 PM
Glass-steel, does anyone know where the most current rules for items created with it are located? In 3.5 not 4th.

shadzar
2009-09-02, 02:15 PM
:smallconfused: Nevermind... I had a source until I got to the post message screen and lost it and all thoughts were replaced with Red Steel. :smallfurious:

~going to look again~

EDIT: Don't see it in Red Steel, so my mind is useless.

Chrono22
2009-09-02, 02:17 PM
It has a hardness of 20 (I don't remember it's HP/inch). It's created by a special spell known only to the avariel. It can only be crafted using special (secret) methods known only to the avariel. I mean, imagine how you would craft a chain shirt made from glass-steel links. I know I can't.

http://www.candlekeep.com/library/articles/avariel.htm

quick_comment
2009-09-02, 02:20 PM
Is glassteel affected by ironguard?

Croverus
2009-09-02, 02:25 PM
I think its in a Forgotten Realms source, I don't have any but I read about it in the Drizz't Durodun (I can't spell his name) books. The Orc Chieftan Manny Arrows had a helm with glass steel eye-pieces, was able to take an exploding crossbow bolt to the face.

Amiria
2009-09-02, 02:30 PM
The rules are located in Races of Faerūn, p. 158. Like Chrono22 said, it is made in an alchemical process by avariel and sun elves.

I seem to remember a spell called Glassee in a 3.x sourcebook, likely Forgotten Realms again, but I couldn't find it.

DoomedPaladin
2009-09-02, 02:30 PM
It has a hardness of 20 (I don't remember it's HP/inch). It's created by a special spell known only to the avariel. It can only be crafted using special (secret) methods known only to the avariel. I mean, imagine how you would craft a chain shirt made from glass-steel links. I know I can't.

Thank you, but I meant published material. Sorry for not clarifying.

DoomedPaladin
2009-09-02, 02:31 PM
Thanks Amiria! That's what I needed.

Harperfan7
2009-09-02, 04:18 PM
It's basically adamantine and mithril combined.

Skorj
2009-09-02, 07:20 PM
I mean, imagine how you would craft a chain shirt made from glass-steel links. I know I can't.

Making interlocking glass rings from glass rod stock seems to me no mre difficult than making steel rings from steel barstock/wire. Either way, heat, bend, and clip. Hmm, I guess joining each ring would be harder, since glass rivets would be a bit of a mess (but still possible).

Of course, you'd want to be careful not to drop the glass shirt before actually casting glassteel on it. :smallbiggrin: