PDA

View Full Version : Test of Spite Olo vs Master_Rahl22

Olo Demonsbane
2009-09-02, 06:01 PM
Heres the thread...we now have to agree on buff times and the map.

Buff Rounds: Does 3 sound good to you? +All Day, of course.

Map: This one work?

{table=head]|A|B|C|D|E|F|G|H|I|J|K|L
1||||||||||||
2|
3|||C|C|||||C|C||
4|||C|C|||||C|C||
5||||||||||||
6|
7|
8||||||||||||
9|||C|C|||||C|C||
10|||C|C|||||C|C||
11|
12|||||||||||[/table]

Master_Rahl22
2009-09-02, 07:59 PM
That map is fine. I vote 0 rounds buff time without all day buffs. :smallbiggrin:

To save some time, if 0 is unacceptable I'll compromise at 1.

Olo Demonsbane
2009-09-02, 08:06 PM
How about compramizing at 2, with no all day. Thats midway inbetween 0 and 3 with all day.

Master_Rahl22
2009-09-02, 09:11 PM
Sure, sounds good. What are the starting positions on that map? Oh, and here's initiative. [roll0]

Olo Demonsbane
2009-09-02, 09:33 PM
Oh, and before I forget, please dont look at my spoilers. Its rather obvious, but people keep asking.

Buffs Round 1: Enter Rage and Feral Trance, Grow Wings
Round 2: Grow Tail and Horn

I'll take the lower half...you can be anywhere on the upper half...Ill be F9.

Initiative [roll0]

What senses do you have, and which of them can reach that area?

Master_Rahl22
2009-09-03, 07:24 AM
I'll begin in C2. Senses are low-light vision and normal. Speaking of light, what's the lighting conditions in here? Normal, pitch black, etc.

Olo Demonsbane
2009-09-03, 04:01 PM
Move to D2. Attack with Bites.

A monster comes around the corner. It appears to be a mix of blue dragon and black bear, with fur, claws, wings, a draconic tail, and the typical horn of a blue dragon. It bites at you twice.

Bite [roll0]
Damage [roll1]
Bite [roll2]
Damage [roll3]

This is nonlethal damage. If you are evil, you take two extra damage from each attack. If you are an evil undead or outsider, you take [roll4] extra damage from each attack.

End Turn.

Master_Rahl22
2009-09-03, 08:41 PM
Oh, and I just realized that I did have something to do during the buff rounds. I'll spoiler what I would've done, but if it's too late I'll go without it.

Buffs:

Use Scabbard of Keen Edges on both Kukris

You see a human wearing a chain shirt and wielding 2 kukris. After he is bitten, his appearance changes, becoming tiger-like as his hands extend into claws and he growls at you. He then leaps over your head, bringing his weapon down in a vicious strike as he soars over you.

[roll0]
[roll1] If Jump is enough to leap over you, this is vs. Flat-footed AC
[roll2]

If the Jump check succeeded, add [roll3] damage and make a Fort save DC the Jump check or be stunned for 1 round.

Master_Rahl22
2009-09-03, 08:49 PM
Critical threat: [roll0]
[roll1]

Oh, and I need to know if the threat is confirmed.

Jump check is enough for 30 ft horizontal leap, 1/4 of that is 7.5. So unless you're taller than 7.5 feet, make the DC 33 Fort save.

Assuming you fail the save, I will move back adjacent to you. If by some chance you make it, I will stay where I am in I2.

End of my turn.

Entered Blood in the Water stance, used Swooping Dragon Strike maneuver.

Olo Demonsbane
2009-09-03, 09:40 PM
It hits but doesnt confirm.

Fortitude Save [roll0]

ARGH Bad roll.

When your weapon hits, have it make a DC 28 Fortitude save or shatter, dealing me no damage.

EDIT: You left a threatened space...do I get an AOO?

Master_Rahl22
2009-09-03, 09:50 PM
Since the Jump check succeeded, no AoO.

Uh, I think I found the applicable rule for rolling the save, 2 + 1/2 caster level, but what's the caster level of a +4 (equivalent) weapon? Also, does the damage still happen?

Hmm, how about I just roll, and if I get something low, then it doesn't really matter. [roll0]

Yeah, unless the caster level of my weapon is 30, it's gone. :smalleek: I'll post my turn after you are stunned tomorrow.

Olo Demonsbane
2009-09-03, 10:03 PM
Im not damaged, but I dont really know if I am stunned, since the ability says "[It] shatter[s] against your skin, leaving you unharmed." I'll ask a DM.

Olo Demonsbane
2009-09-03, 11:27 PM
Sofawall said that I shouldnt be stunned, so heres my turn.

The Bear-Dragon charges the man (whos in I2), ending up in G2. Her limbs act strangely as she somehow manges to hit you from that far.

Pouncing Charge, pretty simple.

Unarmed Strike [roll0]
Damage [roll1]
Unarmed Strike [roll2]
Damage [roll3]
Unarmed Strike [roll4]
Damage [roll5]

Bite [roll6]
Damage [roll7]
Bite [roll8]
Damage [roll9]

Claw [roll10]
Damage [roll11]
Claw [roll12]
Damage [roll13]

Wing [roll14]
Damage [roll15]
Wing [roll16]
Damage [roll17]

Horn [roll18]
Damage [roll19]

Tail [roll20]
Damage [roll21]

Once again this is all Nonlethal damage, and you take 2 extra from being evil and [roll22] extra from being an evil outsider/undead.

Activate Aura.

Then, make a DC 19 Will Save or be affected as by the Calm Emotions spell.

End Turn.

Master_Rahl22
2009-09-04, 06:46 AM
Well, I was right not to let you charge me...

I'm dead, well unconscious from the nonlethal damage. I'm guessing Vows? I'm fairly sure there's one that lets you do lots extra unarmed damage if you deal all non-lethal, maybe Pacifism, and that would explain the extra damage vs evil. WTF book was the "you can't hit me with a weapon ever" ability from? If I had survived I would've been ok with Claw attacks for a few rounds to deliver my maneuvers since they're the real damage anyway, but damn.

Would you mind looking over my sheet to see what you think? Obviously I had jack that could deal with "immune to weapons" ability there, but something that would've helped me survive better? I did have a Blur ability that I didn't use because (A) you were supposed to be stunned, and (B) I only have 1 swift action a turn, and too many things that use swift actions.

Olo Demonsbane
2009-09-04, 01:36 PM
My character is a Barbarian/Fist of the Forest/Bear Warrior/Warshaper. I get all that damage from having 34 Strength in a rage.

Vow of Peace gives me weaponbreaking. Its a crazy good ability that gets even crazier when you have 27 Constitution (in a rage) to boost it up.

Dont beat yourself up though, Meera took out Sign's sorcerer and Pharoah's Fist's Fistbeard Beardfist. I built her to show that Vow of Poverty doesnt completely suck.

I'll check your sheet if you want me too.