PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Overpowered Gestalt Combinations

Myou
2009-09-03, 06:19 AM
I've seen loads of people talking about a Psion//Warblade of late. Is this combination cosidered the most powerful gestalt?

I would have thought Factotum//Wizard was better.

But I'm no expert. So, indulge me, what is the strongest gestalt combination? :smallsmile:

Eloel
2009-09-03, 06:27 AM
Wizard//Archivist is a good one if you want to spam spells all day.
Paladin 2/Hexblade 3/Monk 1/Warlock X//Sorcerer X+6 is an interesting build that gets Cha to AC, Cha to saves twice, Mettle, a lot of at-will buffs & debuffs from Warlock, and Sorcerer casting too.

Necropolitan/Evolved Undead X//Dread Necromancer X+1 is a powerful character, with uber stats from Evolved Undead LAs.

Riffington
2009-09-03, 06:30 AM
I've seen loads of people talking about a Psion//Warblade of late. Is this combination cosidered the most powerful gestalt?

I would have thought Factotum//Wizard was better.

But I'm no expert. So, indulge me, what is the strongest gestalt combination? :smallsmile:

Well, Factotum actually breaks the Gestalt game. Warblade//Psion is just a strong synergy.

Myou
2009-09-03, 06:36 AM
Wizard//Archivist is a good one if you want to spam spells all day.
Paladin 2/Hexblade 3/Monk 1/Warlock X//Sorcerer X+6 is an interesting build that gets Cha to AC, Cha to saves twice, Mettle, a lot of at-will buffs & debuffs from Warlock, and Sorcerer casting too.

Necropolitan/Evolved Undead X//Dread Necromancer X+1 is a powerful character, with uber stats from Evolved Undead LAs.

Wow, that Warlock//Sorcerer build is just dripping with cheeze. There's no way I'd ever allow two different abilities to grant cha to saves twice. XD

What's an Evolved Undead?

Well, Factotum actually breaks the Gestalt game. Warblade//Psion is just a strong synergy.

So, War//Psi is good just because both classes are very solid, and run on the same stats? There's no hidden synergy like the factotum's extra standard actions?

kamikasei
2009-09-03, 06:46 AM
So, War//Psi is good just because both classes are very solid, and run on the same stats? There's no hidden synergy like the factotum's extra standard actions?

Basically. Warblade grants a bunch of passive bonuses of the sort useful in gestalt (high HD, good fort save and int to reflex, armor and weapons, even more skill points), while Psion takes no penalty from using the armor proficiencies, and both have powerful customizable abilities via powers and maneuvers that nonetheless won't make your head explode trying to keep track of them.

Eloel
2009-09-03, 06:49 AM
War/Psi is good, because you get stances, d12 HD, full BAB, good Fort, for your already powerful Psion. A Psion with double the BAB & triple the HP is nothing to sneeze at.

Evolved Undead is a template from Libris Mortis that gives +2 Str and +2 Cha, along other goodies. It can be taken multiple times.

Another build that could be interesting is a Wildshape Ranger/MoMF/Warshaper//Psychic Warrior. Suddenly, you're a big monster (pretty much any monster.), with all it's Ex abilities intact, that can manifest PsyWar powers. Augmented Expansion gives you Gargantuan Brown Bears/Darktentacles, Huge Fleshrakers, Colossal+ Sea Drakes and alot more. You're living off of Con & Wis only.

Myou
2009-09-03, 06:50 AM
Basically. Warblade grants a bunch of passive bonuses of the sort useful in gestalt (high HD, good fort save and int to reflex, armor and weapons, even more skill points), while Psion takes no penalty from using the armor proficiencies, and both have powerful customizable abilities via powers and maneuvers that nonetheless won't make your head explode trying to keep track of them.

That would be pretty fun to play if I used psionics. :3

Riffington
2009-09-03, 06:54 AM

That and there's some synergy:
*a lot of psionic powers open you up for amazing combat tricks, only the psion is balanced because it doesn't have the combat skills to pursue that further. The warblade does (the only problem is it kinda likes having swift actions)
*You can potentially convince your DM to give you both classes' feat progression (rather than just one like in most gestalt) because it's different types of feats. YMMV though.

Myou
2009-09-03, 07:00 AM
War/Psi is good, because you get stances, d12 HD, full BAB, good Fort, for your already powerful Psion. A Psion with double the BAB & triple the HP is nothing to sneeze at.

Evolved Undead is a template from Libris Mortis that gives +2 Str and +2 Cha, along other goodies. It can be taken multiple times.

Another build that could be interesting is a Wildshape Ranger/MoMF/Warshaper//Psychic Warrior. Suddenly, you're a big monster (pretty much any monster.), with all it's Ex abilities intact, that can manifest PsyWar powers. Augmented Expansion gives you Gargantuan Brown Bears/Darktentacles, Huge Fleshrakers, Colossal+ Sea Drakes and alot more. You're living off of Con & Wis only.

So... you get +40 Str and Con? o.o

Also, everything's better with bears.

That and there's some synergy:
*a lot of psionic powers open you up for amazing combat tricks, only the psion is balanced because it doesn't have the combat skills to pursue that further. The warblade does (the only problem is it kinda likes having swift actions)
*You can potentially convince your DM to give you both classes' feat progression (rather than just one like in most gestalt) because it's different types of feats. YMMV though.

Ahhh, handy.