PDA

View Full Version : I'll stay!

Froogleyboy
2009-09-03, 06:55 AM
I've decided that I shall stay in the playground! I just love y- you almost caught me there (last time I said that, people were ass holes) Aww screw it, I'm gonna say it

I love you all to much to leave!

Etcetera
2009-09-03, 06:56 AM
Yay! Welcome back. Did you enjoy the holiday?

Froogleyboy
2009-09-03, 06:59 AM
Not really. Worst 6 hours of my life

Fredthefighter
2009-09-03, 06:59 AM
Woooooooooooooooooooooooh!

*Dances*

V'icternus
2009-09-03, 07:05 AM
Look at these people, celebrating without pictures...

http://img133.imageshack.us/img133/211/avatarparty.png

Woo!

Ichneumon
2009-09-03, 07:50 AM
Welcome back.

Quincunx
2009-09-03, 07:54 AM
You wanted notoriety? You have built the reputation of "starts many topics while only having enough material to blend it into Random Banter". Your level of participation is better keyed to contribute to other people's topics instead. Set a ratio of 10 participations per 1 topic begun; be a good community member instead of a leader without a cause.

Ichneumon
2009-09-03, 08:07 AM
Please, please, please, please do not make more topics. You wanted notoriety? You have built the reputation of "starts many topics while only having enough material to blend it into Random Banter". Contribute to other people's topics instead. Set a ratio of 10 participations per 1 topic begun; be a good community member instead of a leader without a cause.

Where is this coming from?:smallconfused:

Quincunx
2009-09-03, 08:18 AM
Where is this coming from?:smallconfused:

This is the same guy who started the "how to get popular on GitP?" topic about a month ago. At the time I thought he was a non-entity, so I've been paying attention to his postings since then. They've been one-way communication only, the opening salvo of firing off a few sentences of opinion and seeing what gets reflected. At the same time, the popularity thread (when people weren't patting themselves on the back with popularity--it took several pages to get back on track) made the point that you've got to have two-way communication to be popular. If he had followed through on leaving, I'd've failed in communicating that back to him.

Back to Froogleyboy.

I'm willing to shadow you and respond to your points, as I was doing for Bandil for a little while. (He's found his own niche now, talking with the avatarists and drawing some of his own.) We're not a good match, though, so it might be better if you shadow an established poster and respond to him--only three or four posts in a batch on one day, then another day find someone else to get to know better, and respond to her.

Eon
2009-09-03, 11:00 AM

I'm willing to shadow you and respond to your points, as I was doing for Bandil for a little while. (He's found his own niche now, talking with the avatarists and drawing some of his own.) We're not a good match, though, so it might be better if you shadow an established poster and respond to him--only three or four posts in a batch on one day, then another day find someone else to get to know better, and respond to her.

i knew it!

banjo1985
2009-09-03, 02:16 PM
Good one ya, Froogley one! :smallwink:

skywalker
2009-09-03, 06:15 PM
I was going to come in here saying something along the lines of: "The Goodbye Thread is good enough for everyone else's status updates, it's good enough for yours too." But then Quincunx provided this:

You wanted notoriety? You have built the reputation of "starts many topics while only having enough material to blend it into Random Banter". Your level of participation is better keyed to contribute to other people's topics instead. Set a ratio of 10 participations per 1 topic begun; be a good community member instead of a leader without a cause.

This is a yes. Solid post.

This is the same guy who started the "how to get popular on GitP?" topic about a month ago. At the time I thought he was a non-entity, so I've been paying attention to his postings since then. They've been one-way communication only, the opening salvo of firing off a few sentences of opinion and seeing what gets reflected. At the same time, the popularity thread (when people weren't patting themselves on the back with popularity--it took several pages to get back on track) made the point that you've got to have two-way communication to be popular. If he had followed through on leaving, I'd've failed in communicating that back to him.

Back to Froogleyboy.

{Scrubbed}

The Neoclassic
2009-09-03, 06:24 PM

Is this part of any semi-formal shadowing program? That seems like a nifty idea...

MethosH
2009-09-03, 06:30 PM
You know... Or you guys worry too much or I celebrate life too much.. Still trying to figure it out... :smallcool:

Moff Chumley
2009-09-03, 08:38 PM
Leave the guy alone... :smallfrown: Good advice, but did you read why he left?

Welcome back, though, Froogley.

Roland St. Jude
2009-09-03, 08:45 PM
Sheriff of Moddingham: Ah, the drama! Goodbyes and the inevitable "I'm back!" belong in the specific omnibus thread for that.