PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Looking for a class/PrC for a fallen cleric/radiant servant.

Myou
2009-09-03, 11:57 AM
Hi guys.

You may have seen a couple of threads I've made about the campaign I'm running at the moment (currently using Expedition to Castle Ravenloft). Well, one of the NPCs with the party has today had a rather severe altercation with me and the other player.

The NPC, Siegmund, is a Cleric 5/Radiant Servant of Pelor 2, met us on our way to Ravenloft.

Fluff:

He was on a quest to find the Sunsword and Holy Symbol of Ravenloft (plot-centric artifacts in the module), and while he was very overzealous in his religion (he tried to convert us, and talks about Pelor endlessly), he seemed like a good man, and we agreed to join forces.

Sadly, after we traced an undead plague to the local church, an almost derelict building, inhabited by an insane priest of Pelor and his undead son who was the source of the infection, we got in an argument.

The priest was killed in the fighting, but we found a journal explaining how he raised his son, using a cursed book. We couldn't find the book, but we didn't want to risk missing it and someone else finding it, and the whole thing starting all over again, perhaps without us about to sort things out.

So my friend (CG agnostic sorcerer//monk) suggested we burn the church. It would be the only sure way to destroy the book and end the disease the undead spread (in-character I don't know that killing the priest and his son already did that), and since the church was already collaping in places (huge hole in the floor and roof), he argued that it was better to just rebuild it from scratch. I (CG agnostic wizard//non-attacking barbarian) agreed, but Siegmund was outraged at the idea of burning a temple to his god.

My friend and he got in a row over it, and Siegmund tried to get the NPC paladin of Pelor to take his side, but she didn't want to get involved. I decided to put an end to the argument, by blowing the church to pieces with a fireball.

Siegmund went nuts (I'd played him as ever so slightly unbalanced the whole time, but I planned none of this) (my friend also didn't help, but that's understandable, they were very angry with eachother) and after he told Siegmund to leave the party, and the paladin took our side, Siegmund attacked us. My friend knocked him out, but really there's nothing we can do short of killing him - he'll eventually be back and looking for blood.

So, the formerly LG Cleric 5/Radiant Servant of Pelor 2 has fallen, his alignment has shifted from a rather strained LG to NE, and he will almost certainly be becoming a recurring enemy.

So what PrC should he change to? I want to trade his Radiant Servant levels for something appropriate to a fallen priest. Ur-Priest I think has that sort of fluff, but I thought I'd ask the experts.

Edit: Never mind, I don't have the heart to go through with it - my player is still trying to think of ways to save Siegmund. :smallfrown: