PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] New Spell

Myou
2009-09-03, 12:52 PM
My player (sorcerer//monk) wants a spell that increases the size category of his unarmed strikes for a round as a swift action.

How's this? And is the level appropriate?

Heavy Hand
Transmutation
Level: Sor/Wiz 2
Components: V, S
Casting time: 1 swift action
Range: Personal
Target: You
Duration: See text

Your natural weapons and unarmed strikes are treated as one size category larger for the purposes of damage for the rest of your turn.

Lysander
2009-09-03, 12:53 PM
My player (sorcerer//monk) wants a spell that increases the size category of his unarmed strikes for a round as a swift action.

How's this? And is the level appropriate?

Heavy Hand
Transmutation
Level: Sor/Wiz 2
Components: V, S
Casting time: 1 swift action
Range: Personal
Target: You

Your natural weapons and unarmed strikes are treated as one size category larger for the purposes of damage for the rest of your turn.

You should still list the duration.

Myou
2009-09-03, 01:01 PM
You should still list the duration.

Why? o.O textlimit

EdroGrimshell
2009-09-03, 01:22 PM
just say it lasts one round, otherwise someone could easily misinterpret it

Myou
2009-09-03, 01:27 PM
just say it lasts one round, otherwise someone could easily misinterpret it

It doesn't though, it's on your turn only.

Should it instead be until the start of your next turn?

Golden-Esque
2009-09-04, 06:44 PM
It doesn't though, it's on your turn only.

Should it instead be until the start of your next turn?

By adding the "1 round" thing, there's no confusion. You have the spell listed as a swift action, which you can technically do on you opponent's turn. With your model, using on your opponent's turn would allow you to have the benefit for any attacks of opportunity on subsequent turns, as well as for any attacks you do on your actual turn.

Take it like this. Initiative is Wizard, Baddie, Fighter, Baddie.
Wizard goes first and does whatever. The first baddie goes, and the Wizard casts Heavy Hand as a swift action. The wizard now has the bonus until the end of his next turn by your wording, so Heavy hand will be in effect for the Fighter's turn, the second baddie's turn, and the entirety of the wizard's next turn. See what we mean? :)

Myou
2009-09-04, 06:50 PM
By adding the "1 round" thing, there's no confusion. You have the spell listed as a swift action, which you can technically do on you opponent's turn. With your model, using on your opponent's turn would allow you to have the benefit for any attacks of opportunity on subsequent turns, as well as for any attacks you do on your actual turn.

Take it like this. Initiative is Wizard, Baddie, Fighter, Baddie.
Wizard goes first and does whatever. The first baddie goes, and the Wizard casts Heavy Hand as a swift action. The wizard now has the bonus until the end of his next turn by your wording, so Heavy hand will be in effect for the Fighter's turn, the second baddie's turn, and the entirety of the wizard's next turn. See what we mean? :)

Actually, you're thinking of Immediate actions,not swift actions. :smallconfused:

Godskook
2009-09-04, 07:08 PM
What's wrong with greater mighty wallop(by RAW, it works on a monk's fists)? 3rd level, gives cater level/4 size increases to weapon damage, and lasts hours/level. It is from Races of the Dragon.

Myou
2009-09-04, 07:14 PM
What's wrong with greater mighty wallop(by RAW, it works on a monk's fists)? 3rd level, gives cater level/4 size increases to weapon damage, and lasts hours/level. It is from Races of the Dragon.

Wow, I didn't know it existed! I thought it was way too specific to already exist! xD

Thanks!

Godskook
2009-09-04, 07:36 PM
Wow, I didn't know it existed! I thought it was way too specific to already exist! xD

Thanks!

No problem. Send all payments through my paypal:smallbiggrin:

Myou
2009-09-04, 07:48 PM
No problem. Send all payments through my paypal:smallbiggrin:

If only I had an account. :smallwink: