PDA

View Full Version : Godwin's chess match

pendell
2009-09-03, 02:55 PM
Almost certainly spurious (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/culturenews/6130672/Pictured-Hitler-playing-chess-with-Lenin.html), but a good story, if true. According to the person selling the stuff in question, Hitler met Lenin in 1909 in Vienna in a political coffeehouse and played a chess match against him, and the scene was etched by a friend.

You can tell I'm a gamer because the first question that comes to mind is "Who won?" The second question is: "Where can I find a record of the exact moves?"

Respectfully,

Brian P.

shadow_archmagi
2009-09-03, 03:01 PM
I love this.

Optimystik
2009-09-03, 03:03 PM
Lenin quickly left before the game was over, and Hitler took his side of the board.

pendell
2009-09-03, 07:20 PM
Think so? I think Lenin would have driven Hitler crazy, because he'd insist that everything on the board was a pawn. All are equal in the Worker's Paradise after all.

well, craziER.

Respectfully,

Brian P.

Zevox
2009-09-03, 07:47 PM
Think so? I think Lenin would have driven Hitler crazy, because he'd insist that everything on the board was a pawn. All are equal in the Worker's Paradise after all.
Well, Hitler did hate Communists. Almost as much as Jews. They were the first thing to go when he took power. (Mostly because they were the safest, easiest of his targets to attack at the time, but still.)

Maybe now we know why.

Zevox

Zeful
2009-09-04, 01:50 AM
Maybe now we know why.

And now you know, the rest of the story.
[/PaulHarvey]