PDA

View Full Version : Free online initiative tracker available! (With version for iPhone and iPod Touch!)

Brasswatchman
2009-09-03, 08:31 PM
Shameless self-promotion time! Recently posted a free initiative tracker / encounter manager online. It's a web application that allows GMs to quickly and easily organize initiative lists through a netbook or mobile device. It currently supports D&D 4e, d20 and White Wolf.

Features include:
- Quick and easy rolling for large groups of identical monsters or NPC's.
- Automatically remembers and recalls essential character names and statistics
- Server-side data storage takes up no space on low-memory systems (like, say, a smartphone)
- Compatible across all major browsers and operating systems

To access the regular version, go to:

http://www.tinwatchman.com/inittracker/

To access a version specifically optimized for the iPhone and iPod Touch, go to:

http://www.tinwatchman.com/inittracker/iphone/

Upcoming feature: share and coordinate a single initiative list with other users! Perfect for 'net games and gaming tables where way too many people have laptops.

Comments and feedback appreciate! Hope you all enjoy.

Sliver
2009-09-03, 09:42 PM
I like it, can it have HP tracking attached, and a downloadable version? Would like to use it on my friend's laptop when I DM (I don't have one so he brings it to help me out)

BobVosh
2009-09-03, 11:41 PM
Neat. Suggestions:
1. Have a clear monsters only button.
2. Have a reroll characters initiative button.
3. A quick and easy way to reorganize initiative (delay/readied actions)(just drag and drop would work IMO, or whatever is easier)

Beyond that I'm going to try to use this tracker next weekend for my friend's game. We normally just write on the grid map.

Thanks for the good work :D

BobVosh
2009-09-06, 09:56 PM
Is the creator still around?

Brasswatchman
2009-09-13, 02:24 AM
Is the creator still around?

Sorry, I've been busy lately. Thank you both for the feedback! I appreciate it, and will be sure to consider it.

Brasswatchman
2009-09-13, 02:27 AM
I like it, can it have HP tracking attached, and a downloadable version? Would like to use it on my friend's laptop when I DM (I don't have one so he brings it to help me out)

Sorry. I'm afraid that there is no downloadable version. Mine is mainly intended for netbooks and mobile devices without a lot of memory to spare. That said, though, I know for a fact that there are a ton of initiative tracker programs out there for the PC. I'd recommend you just do a Google search and see what comes up.