PDA

View Full Version : Seven Swordsage Gestalts...

Scarlet Tropix
2009-09-03, 09:38 PM
So I'm making a quirky recurring miniboss squad for my PC's, consisting of Seven Gestalt Swordsages. I don't know what I want to gestalt them with, and ideally they'd all be different.

Anyone willing to pitch me some interesting combinations? Any source book goes, but assume I don't want anything with full casting, and Prestige Classes are no right now.

I'd appreciate your time very greatly.

Temet Nosce
2009-09-03, 09:40 PM
Hmm... Off the top of my head: Factotum, Duskblade, Marshal, Binder, Dragon Shaman, Hexblade, and Totemist?

Edit: Fixed

Scarlet Tropix
2009-09-03, 09:42 PM
Hmm... Off the top of my head: Factotum, Cleric, Druid, Binder, Dragon Shaman, Wizard, and Totemist?

Edit: Missed the Fullcasting, second.

Hey, you're that guy I noticed earlier. Wanted to talk to you. Awesome pic/avi of Lloyd, my man.

Elfin
2009-09-03, 09:43 PM
How about Paladin of Tyranny, Warblade, Factotum, Bard, Barbarian, Rogue, Hexblade?

quick_comment
2009-09-03, 09:44 PM
Warblade, Crusader, Rogue, Factotum, Marshal, Barbarian.

Make the last one an arcane swordsage, and dont gestalt him.

Scarlet Tropix
2009-09-03, 09:44 PM
Tyranny would require them to be evil, which I don't THINK any of them are. That may change.

And to clarify further,
I'm looking for effective yet weird combinations. In the memorable sort of weird.

...I'm pondering these though.

Temet Nosce
2009-09-03, 09:45 PM
Hey, you're that guy I noticed earlier. Wanted to talk to you. Awesome pic/avi of Lloyd, my man.

Yeah, someone posted up the idea of using the Dragon Spirits in a D&D game, which reminded me of the game. Great classic, and rather obviously Lloyd in my opinion is a big part of what makes it so good.

Heh, sorry about the fullcasting thing.

Scarlet Tropix
2009-09-03, 09:46 PM
Yeah, someone posted up the idea of using the Dragon Spirits in a D&D game, which reminded me of the game. Great classic, and rather obviously Lloyd in my opinion is a big part of what makes it so good.

No worries, if you can link me to that Dragon Spirit thing I would love you forever.

(Legend of Dragoon is the first game I ever played.)

Glimbur
2009-09-03, 09:47 PM
Swordsage!

Seriously though, Fighter would be pretty simple to add and helpful. Also Rogue if you feel like killing PC's via sneak attack.

Myshlaevsky
2009-09-03, 09:48 PM
No worries, if you can link me to that Dragon Spirit thing I would love you forever.

I must be the only person that thought that game was rubbish. :smalltongue:

Temet Nosce
2009-09-03, 09:49 PM

Here you go (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=123741) although you're making me feel old. I started with the Atari. Great game for your first though, did it get you into RPGs?

quick_comment
2009-09-03, 09:50 PM
Also, make each swordsage focus on a particular school. There are six swordsage schools, so make the last an arcane swordsage.

Scarlet Tropix
2009-09-03, 09:51 PM
Here you go (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=123741) although you're making me feel old. I started with the Atari. Great game for your first though, did it get you into RPGs?

Yes. Yes it did.

And to Mysh, admittedly parts of it are rubbish, (translation, voiceacting) but I love it all the same.

Mongoose87
2009-09-03, 09:51 PM
I must be the only person that thought that game was rubbish. :smalltongue:

Yes you are.

Hwa gha ha! Flurry of Styx!

Temet Nosce
2009-09-03, 09:52 PM
I must be the only person that thought that game was rubbish.

Eh... There are probably others, but among RPGers it's pretty well regarded by most. Not quite in the the rabidly insane way Xenogears, Suikoden II, and Valkyrie Profile are regarded, but still definitely considered a cut above most stuff.

SilveryCord
2009-09-03, 09:53 PM
Loner sorceror swordsage--he doesn't seem that impressive, but what tricks might he have up his sleeve? hmmmmmmmmm
Tricky psion swordsage--he's got the brains, but whu-oh, can he make the spot checks? wakka wakka
Mysterious wizardly swordsage--arcane power is in his grasp! but will Sasha say yes when he asks her to homecoming???
Kooky bard swordsage--Man oh man does he ever have tales to tell!
Barbarian swordsage and his brother totemist swordsage--They just want to make their dad proud!
Uh oh, marshal swordsage--guess he's the leader!!!

All on the next episode of D&DWTFBBQ!!!

ZeroNumerous
2009-09-03, 09:54 PM
Swordsage//Monk - High WIS and INT scores. Lots of Treat Injury. Dubbed 'Doc'

Swordsage//Rogue - Low WIS score. Lots of tumble ranks. Dubbed 'Dopey'

Swordsage//Barbarian - Angry all the time. Dubbed 'Grumpy'

Swordsage//Bard - High CHA, low WIS. Hopeless romantic. Dubbed 'Bashful'

Swordsage//Dragon Shaman - Low CON, relies on aura to do things, sleeps alot. Dubbed 'Sleepy'

Swordsage//Dragonfire Adept - Average stats. Sneezes a lot. Dubbed 'Sneezy'

Swordsage//Warblade(White Raven focus) - Average stats. Very happy and inspiring. Dubbed 'Happy'

EDIT: Forgot. Female Bard//Favored Soul of a Love and/or Peace God - Ridiculously high charisma. Uses songs a lot.

Scarlet Tropix
2009-09-03, 09:56 PM
The last two posts have made me giggle.

On another note, all this video game talk is giving me tasty ideas. So are the posts, in case that gave anyone the wrong idea.

woodenbandman
2009-09-03, 11:15 PM
Cleric (spontaneous), Druid (Aspect of Nature, Unearthed Arcana), Sorceror, Totemist, Spellthief, Psion(Egoist), Warblade.

deuxhero
2009-09-03, 11:45 PM
I can give you a few basic build ideas, all unarmed.
Teleport/illusions, Drunken Master, Dungeon Crasher with a bull motif, a masochist with heavy investment in luck feats (possibly with Kaleidoscopic Dream (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=86163)), and a weak "youngest brother" chew toy.

If they are all adapts, running some homebrew disiplines could make them stand out. First list I could find. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=122724)

Myshlaevsky
2009-09-03, 11:51 PM
I can give you 3 basic build ideas.
Teleport/illusions, Drunken Master, and Dungeon Crasher with a bull motif.

Yeah, I insist that you have this.

Xefas
2009-09-04, 12:14 AM
Can they also happen to be a band?

Five Swordsage X//Sorcerer 1/Bard X-1 all with Dragonfire Inspiration, each one with Draconic Heritage for a different kind of element. They can buff everyone in the party with Xd6 additional elemental damage.

Then, for the other two energy types, two Swordsage/Cloistered Clerics, one specialized in Smiting (Metamagiced) Inflict Spells, Debuffing, and maybe Undead minions, and the other one is a Heal/Buff bot.

So, you have the seven kinds of energy. And they can all play a different kind of instrument.

Eldariel
2009-09-04, 12:17 AM
Y'know, the Drunken Master-class is pretty awesome. Combine with some Monk, Fighter and full Unarmed Swordsage-progression on the other side and you have the original deal!

Frosty
2009-09-04, 12:28 AM
I always want to try a Druid//Swordsage gestalt. The ginormous bear teleports next to you in the blink of an eye, picks you up, and throws you against the tree trunk. Take damage from sheer AWESOMENESS.

Book Wyrm
2009-09-04, 12:52 AM
Swordsages have access to six of the nine disciplines, so six of them could focus on one discipline and the seventh could be their master.

Desert Wind//Dragonfire Adept
Diamond Mind//Factotum
Setting Sun//Totemist
Shadow Hand//Rogue
Stone Dragon//Dungeoncrasher Fighter
Tiger Claw//Barbarian
Swordsage//Monk (Drunken Master would be interesting)

Myshlaevsky
2009-09-04, 01:00 AM
Swordsages have access to six of the nine disciplines, so six of them could focus on one discipline and the seventh could be their master.

Desert Wind//Dragonfire Adept
Diamond Mind//Factotum
Setting Sun//Totemist
Shadow Hand//Rogue
Stone Dragon//Dungeoncrasher Fighter
Tiger Claw//Barbarian
Swordsage//Monk (Drunken Master would be interesting)

I have to say that a bunch of Power Rangers stereotyped martial artists commanded by a drunken ninja genius sounds immensely entertaining.

Ganurath
2009-09-04, 01:05 AM
Desert Wind (minor Tiger Claw) // Swift Hunter TWF Ranger
Diamond Mind (minor Desert Wind) // Soulknife favoring feats that benefit from psionic focus
Setting Sun (minor Diamond Mind) // Grappler Monk
Shadow Hand (minor Setting Sun) // Monk into Shadow Sun Ninja
Stone Dragon (minor Shadow Hand) // Hexblade / Avenging Executioner
Tiger Claw (minor Stone Dragon) // Whirling Frenzy Barbarian / Frenzied Berserker
Master of the Nine PrC // Fighter

elliott20
2009-09-04, 01:23 AM
Loner sorceror swordsage--he doesn't seem that impressive, but what tricks might he have up his sleeve? hmmmmmmmmm
Tricky psion swordsage--he's got the brains, but whu-oh, can he make the spot checks? wakka wakka
Mysterious wizardly swordsage--arcane power is in his grasp! but will Sasha say yes when he asks her to homecoming???
Kooky bard swordsage--Man oh man does he ever have tales to tell!
Barbarian swordsage and his brother totemist swordsage--They just want to make their dad proud!
Uh oh, marshal swordsage--guess he's the leader!!!

All on the next episode of D&DWTFBBQ!!!

cleric swordsage - he's the principal of Swordsage High, and somehow manages to let everything that happens funnel through the seven kids.

Tune in next week for more whacky adventures in Saved by the Swordsage!