PDA

View Full Version : Item that gives sneak attack

oxinabox
2009-09-04, 12:23 AM
Hey, i'm looking for an item that gives sneak attack.
Anyone know of any?

Grumman
2009-09-04, 12:24 AM
A deadly weapon and a Rogue's Vest each give an additional +D6 sneak attack.

sofawall
2009-09-04, 12:30 AM
Organripper gives sneak attack.

Curmudgeon
2009-09-04, 01:39 AM
Organripper gives sneak attack.
Not by the RAW, it doesn't. Organripper is a specific weapon in The Sinister Spire published adventure, and provides 1d6 of bonus damage when you flank an opponent or they're denied their DEX bonus to AC. This looks like sneak attack, but it isn't. Organripper still works when the target has concealment (where sneak attack fails), and if you throw it at a target more than 30' away (where sneak attack also fails).

It's not sneak attack.

Eloel
2009-09-04, 01:43 AM
The ToB item of Shadow Hand. Choose Assassin's Stance. (and have the prerequisites, obviously)

oxinabox
2009-09-04, 01:56 AM
The ToB item of Shadow Hand. Choose Assassin's Stance. (and have the prerequisites, obviously)

Shadow hands allow you to use an manover, not a stance.
Though debatably a stance is a manouver i guess.
The prerequisits for assasisn stance is the knowlege of 1 shadow hand manouver.
there for i couldn't do it with the one item alone, and you cna only have on item in the glove slot.
Unfortunate, cos those are cheap: 3000gp for 2d6 sneak attack

Eloel
2009-09-04, 01:57 AM
Martial Study(Any Shadow Hand maneuver)
Martial Stance, or Glove of Shadow Hand (Assassin's Stance)

Job done.

sofawall
2009-09-04, 02:15 AM
Not by the RAW, it doesn't. Organripper is a specific weapon in The Sinister Spire published adventure, and provides 1d6 of bonus damage when you flank an opponent or they're denied their DEX bonus to AC. This looks like sneak attack, but it isn't. Organripper still works when the target has concealment (where sneak attack fails), and if you throw it at a target more than 30' away (where sneak attack also fails).

It's not sneak attack.

I have a feeling this is related to this. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=122821)

Sneak Attack enough for that, anyway.

oxinabox
2009-09-04, 03:57 AM
yes it is related to that.

Does sneak attack always fail when the target has concealment?

Kylarra
2009-09-04, 04:03 AM
yes it is related to that.

Does sneak attack always fail when the target has concealment?

Yes it does.

A rogue cannot sneak attack while striking a creature with concealment or striking the limbs of a creature whose vitals are beyond reach.

Rixx
2009-09-04, 04:09 AM
A special item called the "Ring of Taking Away The Only Combat Advantage a Rogue Has".

oxinabox
2009-09-04, 04:33 AM
{Scrubbed}

Killer Angel
2009-09-04, 04:37 AM
Hey, i'm looking for an item that gives sneak attack.
Anyone know of any?

A dagger, in the hand of a rogue...
(sorry, I can't resist).

On a more serious note: are you looking for an item that gives SA (while your character don't have it), or simply something that adds d6 damage to a SA?

sofawall
2009-09-04, 04:50 AM
I think he just wants items that add to damage without needing to be a specific weapon of type of attack. No Chausable of Fell Power, for instance, but anything that adds d6 damage to all attacks seems fine. It's in relation to his Soulbow thread, from what I can gather.

Killer Angel
2009-09-04, 05:06 AM
I think he just wants items that add to damage without needing to be a specific weapon of type of attack. No Chausable of Fell Power, for instance, but anything that adds d6 damage to all attacks seems fine. It's in relation to his Soulbow thread, from what I can gather.

Ah, OK. Sorry, but I don't have read that thread.
Well, in this case, it don't add damage, but I think that the (in)famous ring of blinking can qualifies.
Old story: you act as if you were invisible, AKA your enemies lose dex bonus, AKA you sneak attack with everything (if you have the ability to do SA).

oxinabox
2009-09-04, 05:41 AM
I was especially looking for something that gave yopu sneak attack, but i've changed my mind.